Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,461 members, 7,819,681 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) - Sports (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) (480157 Views)

Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) / FIFA U-20 World Cup New Zealand 2015 Full Time Table And Fixtures / Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (232) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:57am On Mar 25, 2015
joseph1013:

Mehn...The dude is do.pe! Classy player! Does it like Iniesta + Silva.

On a second thought however, I think Mathew is as skilful. Give him that kind of field and you will see wonders from the guy. Seen his range of passes? Mathew's got excellent vision and adds goal-scoring prowress to his own abilities. I won't put Torres' skills past those of Yahaya, Iheanacho, Bulbwa, and Simon. We've got some excellent youngsters in this clime, we only have terrible infrastructure to nurture them.

I'm still in awe of Bulbwa's goal. That's a freaking better goal than that scored by James Rodriguez at the World Cup in 2014. I'm still dripping at that goal.

I agree with you 100%. We have talents of this quality especially in this present U20 squad. What we lack is infrastructural and technical input on the highest level. That is why players like Oliver Torres can be so young and exposed to play at the highest level.

With exposure, our young lads can rule the world of football.

I will confess, Bulbwa's goal have been on repeat on my pad. That was spectacular.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 11:10am On Mar 25, 2015
Let me add this, did you guys see Yaw Yeboah of Ghana at Senegal. The dude won the MVP at the tournament. In the game against Nigeria, if not that we scored that quick first goal, the guy could easily have wrecked us with his movement. He was all over the place. Full of skills and tricks. Heard of him before but had not watched him play. Boy, was I impressed!

He plays for the one of the youth teams in Man City, U19 or U21 I'm not sure, but he is not mentioned in the same breath as Iheanacho in the youth arm at Man City. That can only shows that in Iheanacho, we have a gem in our hands. But to Garba, he's probably not the best talent he's got in the team.

Enough said! Wish the U-20 World Cup could start tomorrow. wink wink wink
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:15am On Mar 25, 2015
joseph1013:
Let me add this, did you guys see Yaw Yeboah of Ghana at Senegal. The dude won the MVP at the tournament. In the game against Nigeria, if not that we scored that quick first goal, the guy could easily have wrecked us with his movement. He was all over the place. Full of skills and tricks. Heard of him before but had not watched him play. Boy, was I impressed!

He plays for the one of the youth teams in Man City, U19 or U21 I'm not sure, but he is not mentioned in the same breath as Iheanacho in the youth arm at Man City. That can only shows that in Iheanacho, we have a gem in our hands. But to Garba, he's probably not the best talent he's got in the team.

Enough said! Wish the U-20 World Cup could start tomorrow. wink wink wink

I wish Manu Garba is sent for one of the tactical courses at Bayern Munich organised by Guardiola.

This week, some upcoming coaches like Zidane, Sagnol are going to Germany for some tactical training and these coaches will watch how Guardiola does his training session.

I feel a course like this will be beneficial to Coach Manu Garba, Coach Ndukka Ugbade and Coach Amuneke.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:18am On Mar 25, 2015
There will be a massive influx of youth players into Manchester City squad. Coach Pellegrini wants to strengthen the team next season with youth players and he rates Nacho and Nwakali highly.

I think next season will be interesting for Nacho.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 11:31am On Mar 25, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

I wish Manu Garba is sent for one of the tactical courses at Bayern Munich organised by Guardiola.

This week, some upcoming coaches like Zidane, Sagnol are going to Germany for some tactical training and these coaches will watch how Guardiola does his training session.

I feel a course like this will be beneficial to Coach Manu Garba, Coach Ndukka Ugbade and Coach Amuneke.

That's the job of the Nigerian Football Federation. We really do need NFF to up and doing as regards their functions. If this team fails to leave up to expectations, it would probably be because the NFF didnt do their best for them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 11:35am On Mar 25, 2015
TheGoodJoe:
There will be a massive influx of youth players into Manchester City squad. Coach Pellegrini wants to strengthen the team next season with youth players and he rates Nacho and Nwakali highly.

I think next season will be interesting for Nacho.

Heard that too. Wasn't the happiest person that he went to Man City but the interest of Pellegrini in the youth team is very heart-warming. Hope they allow him follow through. There are already insinuations that he could be sacked because of the relatively poor season Man City is having. That would be a setback for the development of the Nigerian boys.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 2:46pm On Mar 25, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Awoniyi: Happy With Winning The Tournament[/size]

Flying Eagles striker Taiwo Awoniyi has said he doesn’t feel disappointed not finishing as top scorer at the just ended Africa Youth Championship in Senegal.

The 18-year old finished with three goals in the tournament, one shy of teammate and captain, Musa Mohammed and he says he doesn’t feel disappointed he didn’t win the golden shoe.

“I am never disappointed with that,” he told sl10.ng. “I believe the most important thing was what we got, which was winning the tournament.

“Finishing as top scorer would have been good but we won the tournament which is better. The highest goal scorer award also came to Nigeria which is also a good thing.

“Now we have to focus on the World Cup which is a bigger tournament and carries more weight,” he said.

Meanwhile, coach of the team, Manu Garba has called for a two month ‘concentration camp’ for the team for them to prepare adequately for the FIFA U20 World Cup.

“I would like us to have the opportunity to have a two month concentration camp so that we can really prepare for the World Cup.

“We need to keep the boys in shape and keep having them improve on what they have because we want to have a good outing in New Zealand,” he stated.
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 2:49pm On Mar 25, 2015
[b][size=14pt]An Interview With Manu Garba[/size]

Following their triumph in Senegal at the Africa Youth Championship, sl10.ng caught up with Flying Eagles coach, Manu Garba. The former Nigeria international speaks about the feeling of victory, how they won the title for a record seventh time and also about the FIFA U20 World Cup. Enjoy.

Sl10: Coach, congratulations on your victory in Senegal. How would you describe it?

Manu:It was good and all glory must go to the almighty God for his grace and mercies. It wasn’t an easy competition, but we went, saw and conquered and we must be happy about that. Going into the tournament was difficult because for example, we didn’t know anything about the Senegalese whom we played in our first game but all the teams there already knew almost everything about us because they watched us from the Super Six and several other games we played. But overall we must be grateful for what we achieved.

Sl10: Like you said, it wasn’t a stroll in the park but did you at any point fear you may fail to win it?

Manu:I try as much as possible not to put doubt before me. We knew before we went that it would be a tough tournament and we got exactly what we wanted but we knew what we had and we were confident. The other teams also knew our strengths and they came all out against us but we always had our game plan and it worked most times.

Sl10: So looking forward now, what plans do you have for the World Cup?

Manu:We would like to have a concentration camp for about two months so we can get the boys into shape and keep improving on what we have. The World Cup will be different from the AYC and we need adequate time to prepare the players for that. This is a different level of football and we need to keep them in line with what is obtainable in the world game and also bring them up to speed with what to expect there.

Sl10: Now that you’ll be going to the World Cup as African champions, what chances do the likes of Kelechi Iheanacho, Isaac Success, Musa Yahaya and Wilfred Ndidi have to break into this team since they weren’t in Senegal?

Manu:Kelechi Iheanacho is a player that we need and I have said this several times but he is not guaranteed a shirt here. He has to work as hard as the other players and it will be very difficult. When we started this team; during the qualifiers, it was difficult for him to break into the team and he was always coming from the bench. And this time it will be very difficult because we shall be preparing for the World Cup and he must have to fight to deserve a place here. But not only Kelechi, even Isaac Success and Wilfred Ndidi. They shall all fight for places.

Sl10: Wilfred Ndidi? That’s quite surprising considering the fact you have always maintained he is your best defender.

Manu:Yes. He will have to fight for a place in this team. He is a very good defender that will be a good addition to our team but he can’t just come in and walk straight into the team. There were guys in Senegal who did well and should we just discard them? So anyone coming in must prove himself. Including Wilfred Ndidi, Kelechi Iheanacho, Isaac Success, Musa Yahaya and whoever else we’ll bring in. we must go with our best players to the World Cup.

Sl10: Thank you very much coach

Manu:Thank you.[/b]
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by chrisooblog: 3:14pm On Mar 25, 2015
@joseph1013 thanks for the updates more grease to your elbow bruv! one thing that gladdens my heart about this squad is that for the most part these are genuine youngsters. the few additions from the nfpl are just as talented and don't look obviously over aged. after the u20 world cup I think musa mohammed and ifeanyi matthew should go straight to the senior team while the others like yahaya, bulbwa, Isaac promise, ezeh, iheanacho (yes even him!), awoniyi should form bulk of the u23s to improve their games and find better clubs. please what about that Nigerian in the Barcelona youth setup who plays in defence? last I heard he was keen on playing for Nigeria
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 6:12pm On Mar 25, 2015
chrisooblog:
@joseph1013 thanks for the updates more grease to your elbow bruv! one thing that gladdens my heart about this squad is that for the most part these are genuine youngsters. the few additions from the nfpl are just as talented and don't look obviously over aged. after the u20 world cup I think musa mohammed and ifeanyi matthew should go straight to the senior team while the others like yahaya, bulbwa, Isaac promise, ezeh, iheanacho (yes even him!), awoniyi should form bulk of the u23s to improve their games and find better clubs. please what about that Nigerian in the Barcelona youth setup who plays in defence? last I heard he was keen on playing for Nigeria

Those that say we have overage players in the team and that this team is a bunch of cheats are i'd.iots. This is the youngest set of U-20 players we've ever had. They have started grooming them from U-13.

While I rate Siasia highly, I believe that the best person to get the maximum out of these boys is Garba. Whether they'll be able to fit in into Siasia's program for the Olympics is yet to be seen. Siasia needs to shore up his squad though. Judging by their last game, his team lacks bite and that cutting edge.

There are two Nigerians at Barcelona, Elohor and Boluwatife. They both want to play for Nigeria. I think Garba does not want to upset his team except the player is really exceptional. I'm hopeful though, particularly for Elohor because he plays the right back position. We need a good backup for Musa in case of emergency.

It's a 35-man squad that's needed before April 1st, no harm in including the two lads.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:10pm On Mar 25, 2015
joseph1013:

Heard that too. Wasn't the happiest person that he went to Man City but the interest of Pellegrini in the youth team is very heart-warming. Hope they allow him follow through. There are already insinuations that he could be sacked because of the relatively poor season Man City is having. That would be a setback for the development of the Nigerian boys.

I hope Pellegrini stays. However, it seems he is staying because of no replacement that plays the tiki taka style. Brendan Rodgers would have been a good option but he does not have experience playing that way. Guardiola's contract will run out next year and it seems he won't renew because of Guardiola's fallout with the technical director Mattias Sammer.

So sacking Pellegrini will only happen if Man City falls out of the top three position in the EPL. So I think Pellegrini will stay and carry out his youth project. Note, he is good at that when we look at his development of Isco, Giuseppe Rossi, Santiago Carzola.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:21pm On Mar 25, 2015
Manu Garba is in good communication with the coaches of Manchester City, I hope he tries to get Nacho and Nwakali into the camp early when it kicks off.

Also, I felt sad that Amaju Pinnick went to England, he visited Arsenal and Iwobi but I did not read of him touching Manchester City that have two bright prospects of the nation.

Amaju Pinnick would have discussed first hand with the Citizens to know why Nacho and Nwakali have not gotten the work permit. Pinnick should have also discussed the importance of releasing these players early for the preparation of the Under 20 WYC.

The NFF needs to play their role in helping the coaching staffs and players lift this cup.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by tbaba1234: 8:26pm On Mar 25, 2015
TheGoodJoe:
Manu Garba is in good communication with the coaches of Manchester City, I hope he tries to get Nacho and Nwakali into the camp early when it kicks off.

Also, I felt sad that Amaju Pinnick went to England, he visited Arsenal and Iwobi but I did not read of him touching Manchester City that have two bright prospects of the nation.

Amaju Pinnick would have discussed first hand with the Citizens to know why Nacho and Nwakali have not gotten the work permit. Pinnick should have also discussed the importance of releasing these players early for the preparation of the Under 20 WYC.

The NFF needs to play their role in helping the coaching staffs and players lift this cup.

To get a work permit, you have to have played for your national team for 75% of their games or you are an exceptional talent.

City is trying to get a work permit for Iheanacho using exceptional talent. Nwakali on the other hand would probably be loaned out till he gets caps for Nigeria.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by tbaba1234: 8:28pm On Mar 25, 2015
Super eagles is pure nonsense. Manu boys would have beaten Uganda. Simon moses was one of their better players. Leon Balogun too.

The rest, nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:55pm On Mar 25, 2015
tbaba1234:

To get a work permit, you have to have played for your national team for 75% of their games or you are an exceptional talent.

City is trying to get a work permit for Iheanacho using exceptional talent. Nwakali on the other hand would probably be loaned out till he gets caps for Nigeria.

Iheanacho qualifies a special talent. He is also rated highly by the coaches at Manchester City. So his work permit should be ready by now. Amaju Pinnick was in position to clarify this and explain to the Cityzens why Nacho must be released early for the WYC but Pinnick missed that opportunity.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 10:37pm On Mar 25, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Barcelona's Godswill Ekpolo Will Not Reject Flying Eagles Call Up[/size]

Barcelona right - back Elohor Godswill Ekpolo will not turn down the chance to represent African champions at Under 20 level, Nigeria, if he's invited to the team's training camp ahead of the Fifa Under 20 World Cup, SL10.ng understands.

To get on the plane to New Zealand this summer, the defender will have to challenge the likes of skipper Musa Mohammed for a spot on the 21 - man roster.

In a bid to actualize his dream of representing Nigeria, the 19 - year - old would not mind taking a step back, having been invited to the Olympic National Team screening exercise three months ago.

If invited to the training camp by Coach Manu Garba, the La Masia Academy student would offer versatility in return, as he can play comfortably in a number of positions, including fullback, center - back and midfield.

Elohor Godswill Ekpolo featured in a majority of games for the Barcelona Under 19s last season, helping them win the UEFA Youth League by scoring four goals from his defensive position.

However, a right knee injury has limited his appearances for the reserve team of Barcelona, who play in the Segunda Division, this term.

In 2011, Ekpolo replaced Héctor Bellerín at right - back after the Spain youth international was signed by Arsenal.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 10:45pm On Mar 25, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Obinna Nwobodo undergoes scan for injury[/size]

Flying Eagles midfielder Obinna Nwobodo is to undergo a scan on a knee injury he suffered in the final of the AYC against hosts Senegal.

Flying Eagles team doctor Ozi Salami told AfricanFootball.com that the scan will determine the extent of the injury the Enugu Rangers midfielder suffered.

Nwobodo was forced out of the final after a malicious tackle by a player of Senegal.

Meanwhile, championship winner Bernard Bulbwa is enjoying his new-found fame after his television goal gave Nigeria a seventh AYC crown in Dakar on Sunday.

A Nigerian fan, Eugene Eremionkhale, who travelled to Senegal to watch the Flying Eagles crowned champions again, shelled out 320 Euros at the duty free shop at the Dakar international airport Monday morning for the dribbling star.

Bulbwa in turn gave the Chevron staff one of his Flying Eagles No 7 jerseys.

Eugene, who also paid his way to Equatorial Guinea to watch the AFCON, also bought gifts for the 21 squad players as well top officials.

“It’s my little way of giving back to the game I love so much,” he said. [/b]

2 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 7:12am On Mar 26, 2015
tbaba1234:
Super eagles is pure nonsense. Manu boys would have beaten Uganda. Simon moses was one of their better players. Leon Balogun too.

The rest, nonsense.
That team is rubbish. We have players begging to play for us like Otigba, and Amokachi and his bosses go to invite players from some backyard leagues.

The cloud over the coaching crew is also not helping matters. Amokachi is not in charge completely, and NFF is playing hanky-panky with Keshi's contract. Well, right from the start even before he became NFF President, Pinnick had never hidden the fact that he is not a fan of Keshi and has openly said so even in this present saga. What is hindering them from refusing him outrightly is the presidency.

The elections would decide what eventually happens. If Jonathan goes, Keshi goes with him.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Nobody: 9:24am On Mar 26, 2015
^^
Keshi has reportedly accepted the NFF's offer N5 million/month, two-year contract.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Nobody: 9:45am On Mar 26, 2015
What is Keshi to Jonathan anyway, why is the president adamant on keeping him as Nigeria's head coach?
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by enomakos(m): 6:54pm On Mar 26, 2015
CFCfan:
^^
Keshi has reportedly accepted the NFF's offer N5 million/month, two-year contract.
bad news for nigeria football

keshi again?we need change ooooooo
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 4:33am On Mar 27, 2015
[size=14pt]Marseille Face English Premier League And La Liga Competition For Zaharaddeen Bello - Report[/size]

Marseille are among teams in France eyeing up a move for Nigeria Under 20 international Zaharaddeen Bello, according to footmercato.net.

The central defender was scouted by former Marseille sporting director Jose Anigo during the African Youth Championship in Senegal.

And the 17 - year - old’s performance ticked the right boxes, with Les Phocéens prepared to offer a good sum of money to land his signature in the near future.

But they face competition from fellow Ligue 1 clubs Rennes, Montpellier and Nice plus teams in England and Spain.

Zaharaddeen Bello is a product of Dabo Babes FC Academy, Kano.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Caspian22(m): 1:58pm On Mar 27, 2015
Joseph1013, I don't think this Boluwatife balogun is a barca player. His name is not in any of their squad and even on transfermarket. Only sl10.ng carries news about him.. Pls try and verify.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 3:25pm On Mar 27, 2015
I've often wondered about that too. I guess I gave sl10 too much benefit of doubt.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by Nobody: 4:35pm On Mar 27, 2015
joseph1013:
I've often wondered about that too. I guess I gave sl10 too much benefit of doubt.

Isn't there a picture of him wearing a barca jersey?
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:17pm On Mar 27, 2015
django1:

I do not think every member of the La Masia academy is listed on the transfer market unless they have a professional contract with the club.

Maybe, Balogun is from the famous academy but he has not signed his professional contract.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 6:13pm On Mar 27, 2015
django1:

Of course there is. Check some of the articles about him.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by tbaba1234: 6:22pm On Mar 27, 2015
BALOGUN is in barca, I follow him on facebook.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 8:10pm On Mar 27, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Exclusive : Nigeria U20 Star Zaharaddeen Bello On The Radar Of Anderlecht And AIK Stockholm[/size]

The bonafide agent of Nigeria Under 20 international, Zaharaddeen Bello, has distanced himself from reports in the foreign press linking his client with a move to the Championnat de France, with Marseille, OGC Nice and
Rennes all credited with an interest.

Babawo Mohammed, better known as the representative of Tottenham Hotspur starlet Musa Yahaya, has revealed that he has had no contact whatsoever with French, English and Spanish clubs.

The Jos - based agent was forced to let the cat out of the bag, after revealing that he is holding high - level talks with Belgian powerhouse RSC Anderlecht and AIK Stockholm regarding a transfer.

''I and Zaharaddeen Bello have not had any contact with Marseille or any French team, it is not true that they want him,'' said Babawo Mohammed to SL10.ng.

''I am only discussing with Anderlecht and AIK Stockholm, who want him to attend trials.

''Bello has improved tremendously. He was one of the most consistent players at the African Youth Championship .

''He was the livewire of the Flying Eagles in defense, and played in all their matches in Senegal. He is now ripe enough to move to Europe.''

Because Zaharaddeen Bello is still a minor, he cannot sign a professional contract with any club until he clocks 18 on December 21, 2015.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 8:13pm On Mar 27, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Ezeh Hopes To Do Better At The FIFA U20 World Cup[/size]

Flying Eagles forward Chidera Ezeh says he is hoping to have a better World Cup when Nigeria participates at this year’s FIFA U20 World Cup in New Zealand.

The 17-year old had a rather underwhelming outing at the recently ended Africa Youth Championship, which Nigeria won in Senegal, and the youngster says he is hoping to do better in New Zealand.

“The African championship was good because we won it but maybe I didn’t play up to my best,” he said. “But even if that the coaches encouraged me and I had to listen to them and not what other people were saying.

“But I want to do better at the World Cup; better than I did in Senegal.”

The FC Porto youngster also explains why he had such an underwhelming outing in Senegal.

“I wasn’t feeling very well when we went to that championship but because we had suffered some injuries, I had to go and maybe it affected me a bit.

“The good thing is we won the tournament and I am happy about that and I am now looking forward to the World Cup and I hope I can do better there,” he stated.

Nigeria will play in group E of the U20 World Cup, and will face Hungary, North Korea and Brazil.
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 8:15pm On Mar 27, 2015
joseph1013:
[size=14pt]Ezeh Hopes To Do Better At The FIFA U20 World Cup[/size]

Flying Eagles forward Chidera Ezeh says he is hoping to have a better World Cup when Nigeria participates at this year’s FIFA U20 World Cup in New Zealand.

Ezeh talks more than he plays. Seems he has become a self-appointed PRO of the team.
Re: Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (New Zealand 2015) by joseph1013: 8:20pm On Mar 27, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Manchester United Joined By Porto In Pursuit Of Taiwo Awoniyi[/size]

SL10.ng has been told that Portuguese setup Porto have joined Manchester United and Everton in the race for Nigeria Under 20 international Taiwo Awoniyi.

In their bid to lure the 17-year-old to the Estádio do Dragão, Porto are hoping to steal a march on their rivals by offering Taiwo Awoniyi the prospect of reuniting with his good pal in the Flying Eagles, Chidera Ezeh.

Other teams credited with a genuine interest in the United Academy ace include Bordeaux, Red Bull Salzburg and Anderlecht.

Having said that, it should be noted that no formal contract offer from the interested suitors has been tabled, though preliminary talks have taken place between the European clubs and Taiwo Awoniyi's representative.

Meanwhile, ex Stoke City midfielder Seyi Olofinjana, the chief protagonist, involved in the transfer imbroglio threatening to derail the young striker's career has refused to give up as regards to the player's registration and economic rights.

Three days ago, the retired Nigeria international and Imperial Academy supremo sent another email to the Kalmar brass, asking the Swedish club to pay Taiwo Awoniyi's transfer fee worth 150,000 euros.

But Kalmar have been warned that money will only be paid to Olofinjana at their own peril, as the Nigeria Federation is yet to rule on the party that owns his rights.

An unnamed Spanish club is also believed to be monitoring the transfer situation of Taiwo Awoniyi.[/b]

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (232) (Reply)

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.