Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,155 members, 7,821,929 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:01 PM

Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs (18459 Views)

Nigerian Agric Sector Attracts $8b Investment In 4 Years / How To Create Jobs For All Nairalanders - Fishery / Welcome Back To The Agric Section. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs by excelsiorfarm(m): 11:44pm On Jun 27, 2014
Many had requested that an agric section should be created on this forum & many youths had done and doing inspiring agric entrepreneurship in the nation; this thread is for farmers or would be farmers to share & relate in the area of ideas,technology,innovation in all sectors of agric i.e. from crop & animal farming. LET ALL POST BE REAL, FROM YOUR INSIGHTS, JOBS CAN BE CREATED.

1 Like

Re: Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs by excelsiorfarm(m): 11:52pm On Jun 27, 2014
let me start by sharing what you can do, here i would share my experience in crop farming,animal farming & how to escape the pitfalls created by not planning well. possibly tonight,i would start with vegetable
Re: Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs by Nobody: 2:40am On Jun 28, 2014
Subscribing.
Re: Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs by Hollyb(f): 4:26am On Jun 28, 2014
Am in
Re: Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs by Nobody: 4:36am On Jun 28, 2014
Good
Re: Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs by 1stUnique(m): 4:43am On Jun 28, 2014
Nice one bros... Thanks. Grab a white plastic chair in d front row with my hoe and cutlass. Oya

1 Like

Re: Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs by excelsiorfarm(m): 7:32am On Jun 28, 2014
excelsiorfarm: let me start by sharing what you can do, here i would share my experience in crop farming,animal farming & how to escape the pitfalls created by not planning well. possibly tonight,i would start with vegetable

Re: Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs by 1stUnique(m): 9:09am On Jun 28, 2014
What's that in d pishure?
Re: Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs by Pavore9: 9:49am On Jun 28, 2014
l have gathered some skills in cultivating strawberries, capsicum (bell pepper in 3 colour variety of yellow, green and red) and butternut squash. l choose these 3 because of their high return on investment, hope to get the farm running by next year.

1 Like

Re: Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs by kristylopezz: 12:38pm On Jun 28, 2014
Vegetables and cassava. My area of interest.
Re: Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs by excelsiorfarm(m): 8:45pm On Jun 28, 2014
1stUnique: What's that in d pishure?
that is where d ugu comes from,thats pumpkin & those leaves are ugu leaves, i planted this ones around october last year & they are already fruiting for next dry season planting,though it still gives some returns
Re: Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs by excelsiorfarm(m): 8:57pm On Jun 28, 2014
Pavore9: l have gathered some skills in cultivating strawberries, capsicum (bell pepper in 3 colour variety of yellow, green and red) and butternut squash. l choose these 3 because of their high return on investment, hope to get the farm running by next year.
any pic sir & will u share what return on investment,type of seed brand u learnt with/ intend to use
Re: Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs by Pavore9: 9:14pm On Jun 28, 2014
excelsiorfarm: any pic sir & will u share what return on investment,type of seed brand u learnt with/ intend to use
l am residing in kenya where l am picking up stuffs which l will adapt back home in Nigeria.
Re: Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs by excelsiorfarm(m): 11:06pm On Jun 28, 2014
Pavore9: l am residing in kenya where l am picking up stuffs which l will adapt back home in Nigeria.
Great, good place to acquire indepth knowledge in agric, in d course of your learning, try to get deep insight on preservation. Naija farmers hardly can preserve their produce

1 Like

Re: Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs by Delatoriaa(f): 5:41am On Jun 29, 2014
Learning mood activated
Re: Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs by FarmTech(m): 12:06am On Jun 30, 2014
Following.
Re: Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs by Bitos: 1:09am On Jun 30, 2014
Hello guys, i plan going into plantain on medium scale (about 4 hectares) but would like to know the challenges (considering our Nigerian terrain) and potential buyers.

Farm location will be in Ogun State.

Thanx.
Re: Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs by samshoz(m): 11:40am On Jun 30, 2014
excelsiorfarm: that is where d ugu comes from,thats pumpkin & those leaves are ugu leaves, i planted this ones around october last year & they are already fruiting for next dry season planting,though it still gives some returns
hmmn ugwu = pumpkin, legumes = ?
Re: Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs by excelsiorfarm(m): 1:05pm On Jun 30, 2014
samshoz: hmmn ugwu = pumpkin, legumes = ?
your question
Re: Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs by samshoz(m): 1:32pm On Jun 30, 2014
excelsiorfarm: your question
My mentor, i want to know the local of legumes sir. Ugwu is an example of pumpkin, what is dat of legume locally? I read ur book and am trying out used car tire snailery. Gave them water, pineapple left over and water melon.
Re: Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs by samshoz(m): 1:32pm On Jun 30, 2014
excelsiorfarm: your question
Re: Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jun 30, 2014
samshoz: My mentor, i want to know a local of legumes sir. Ugwu is an example of pumpkin, what is dat of legume locally? I read ur book and am trying out used car tire snailery. Gave them water, pineapple left over and water melon.

can you show pix pls
Re: Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs by samshoz(m): 3:04pm On Jun 30, 2014
aguiyi:

can you show pix pls
Bros am at work now, i just put it together at our backyard lastnight. Bro excelsior has d original pictorial sample in his manual. Maybe wen am chanced.
Re: Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jun 30, 2014
samshoz: Bros am at work now, i just put it together at our backyard lastnight. Bro excelsior has d original pictorial sample in his manual. Maybe wen am chanced.

he sells the manual ?
Re: Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs by excelsiorfarm(m): 7:39pm On Jun 30, 2014
samshoz: My mentor, i want to know the local of legumes sir. Ugwu is an example of pumpkin, what is dat of legume locally? I read ur book and am trying out used car tire snailery. Gave them water, pineapple left over and water melon.
my bro, though i didnt get your question on d local of legumes, i suggest u rephrase d question sir. Let me put a little input, legumes are a class of vegetables. Examples are soybeans, peanuts, beans, surprising locust bean tree is also a legume, leucaena spp(a shrub/tree is a legume). For your snails, watch out for predators e.g. Termites especially
Re: Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs by excelsiorfarm(m): 5:13am On Jul 01, 2014
A BLESS NEW MONTH TO YOU ALL. Though i will still continue with my writeup on ugwu & other vegetables,but let me quickly chip in some vital info on poultry.In case you intend to make sales for christmas, it is important to note that if u missed last month to begin to raise your cockerel( except u intend to sale only broilers),you better start immediately,DOC is N160 each. so you dont complain that u didnt have sales because of spiritual attack(laugh). cockerel takes time to attain a presentable market wt

Re: Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs by samshoz(m): 6:00am On Jul 01, 2014
excelsiorfarm: my bro, though i didnt get your question on d local of legumes, i suggest u rephrase d question sir. Let me put a little input, legumes are a class of vegetables. Examples are soybeans, peanuts, beans, surprising locust bean tree is also a legume, leucaena spp(a shrub/tree is a legume). For your snails, watch out for predators e.g. Termites especially
You just answered with the examples you gave. Yes, termites and preditors are my worry.
Re: Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs by samshoz(m): 6:06am On Jul 01, 2014
aguiyi:

he sells the manual ?
Yes, but the variety of practical bussiness u start inside it is plenty. Its content is rich and quite affordable.
Re: Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs by samshoz(m): 6:08am On Jul 01, 2014
aguiyi:

he sells the manual ?
Yes, but the variety of practical bussinesses u can start/do inside it is plenty. It's content is rich and quite affordable.
Re: Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs by Nobody: 8:45am On Jul 01, 2014
samshoz: Yes, but the variety of practical bussinesses u can start/do inside it is plenty. It's content is rich and quite affordable.

Ok then, I will contact him to get mine, thanks

1 Like

Re: Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs by excelsiorfarm(m): 6:11pm On Jul 01, 2014
Bitos: Hello guys, i plan going into plantain on medium scale (about 4 hectares) but would like to know the challenges (considering our Nigerian terrain) and potential buyers.

Farm location will be in Ogun State.

Thanx.
theft & storage is part of challenges to face, market women, major customers , if process into chips etc, u can sell to stores etc & u can create d concept of home delivery in 5kg minimum package
Re: Now That We Have The Agric Sector,lets Create Jobs by excelsiorfarm(m): 6:45pm On Jul 01, 2014
samshoz: You just answered with the examples you gave. Yes, termites and preditors are my worry.
my bro, a single sting/bite from a termite is enough to kill a snail, hence keep them away from your snailery, for your tires, try to cover it with wire gauze & or net to guard against predators from getting it, or raise them from a ground that is free from infestation of ants, centipedes e.t.c.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

What Are The Requirements For Cold Room Business / How To Get Cheap Farmland For Lease And Buying / NSCDC Intensifies Protection Of Farmers. Nigerians Seek More Funding For Agency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.