Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,261 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:25 AM

Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) - Health (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) (84471 Views)

Nigerian Pharmacist Reveals What Constant Sex Will Do To You / Ask Me Anything On Drugs And Supplements / Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by meekmill(m): 7:22pm On May 19, 2016
any help on itching bodies after bathing
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by evanscheck(m): 7:27pm On May 19, 2016
meekmill:
any help on itching bodies after bathing

Itchy body is a trigger which cud be
1. From the water
2. Soap
3. Towel
My advice u change to a medicated soap, use dettol and change ur towel! I just hope it's not as complicated as am thinking
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by meekmill(m): 7:44pm On May 19, 2016
evanscheck:

1. From the water
2. Soap
3. Towel
My advice u change to a medicated soap, use dettol and change ur towel! I just hope it's not as complicated as am thinking
ok thanks
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by meekmill(m): 7:45pm On May 19, 2016
evanscheck:

1. From the water
2. Soap
3. Towel

thanks
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by mabeni(m): 11:25am On May 20, 2016
Does a itching and smelling scrotal sac have medications?
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by Holywizard: 12:50pm On May 20, 2016
I ve bumbs on my private part & after injection & herbal drinks it hasn't gone. pls wot do I do? I was told its a bacteria infection
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by mabeni(m): 10:18am On May 26, 2016
Hello Pharm, what are the causes of a painful middle finger joints
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by evanscheck(m): 12:24pm On Jun 15, 2016
mabeni:
Does a itching and smelling scrotal sac have medications?

If I understand u, u mean it itch u wen it get sweaty and then it produce odour! Wat it means is that u need to work on ur hygiene. Try applying powder on ur genital after taking ur bathe. If it's itching u real bad then u go for a test.
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by evanscheck(m): 12:26pm On Jun 15, 2016
Holywizard:
I ve bumbs on my private part & after injection & herbal drinks it hasn't gone. pls wot do I do? I was told its a bacteria infection
I wud advise u do a test! When u do a test then see the result,from there we can know how to help u
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by evanscheck(m): 12:28pm On Jun 15, 2016
mabeni:
Hello Pharm, what are the causes of a painful middle finger joints

Is it on both hands! Wat have u taken!
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by endie44: 3:01pm On Jun 15, 2016
Good Day Pharm.

I have symptoms consistent with low dopamine/serotonin levels. This includes, as i found and related to on this site http://mentalhealthdaily.com/2015/04/02/low-dopamine-levels-symptoms-adverse-reactions/

Attention deficits, Blunted affect, Confusion, Depersonalization, Depression, Disorganized thinking, Fatigue, Learning problems,
Poor concentration, Inattentiveness, Low libido, Memory impairment, Monotone speech, Sleepiness, Slow thinking, Social withdrawal.

Before now i haven't been able to find words that describe what's actually wrong with me. The above symptoms are but a few of what i actually go through. All this i have been experiencing since childhood and it had resulted in me not living the kind of life i would wish for.

I have actually tried a lot of stuff before now to help me improve my cognitive abilities. Just about anything that can affect my nerves or brain, any kind of stimulant, i think i have tried it. At some point early in my life i tried weed and i almost got myself killed or maimed cause i took an overdose of it (I have actually shared my story on that here on Nairaland). I ve tried Brainwave entrainment audio tapes.. it did help a lot and added some quality to my living but it didn't take me out of the pit i found my self in. I ve tried ice to the sides of the neck, i've tried hot steam to the forehead just about where i think the pituitary gland is located, garlic, colanuts, vitamin Bs, Alcohol, Cigarette, herbs and just about anything i could lay my hands on that can just affect my nerves. it really have been very weak.

In recent times I ve been taking lots of coffee. at first it was helping but now i don't know it is doing any much work. This lead me to do more findings on the internet thats where i came across dopamine and serotonin deficiency conditions and i related to virtually of of its symptoms. For the first time i was able to find one name to describe the ailment i had been suffering from all my life. The site also stated that dopamine and serotonin supplements are used in their treatments.

Can i get these supplements here in Nigeria? I am really in need of them. Thanks in advance.
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by sanyaboy: 4:06pm On Jun 15, 2016
good afternoon Pharm , I want to share my health issue

Straight to the point ... I noticed that whenever I took malaria or Tapoid pill either amalar , maloxin , quioroquen , amoxil or Lumartem even paracetamol I always got body itch for 3 days or more ...

when I visited my school doctor he said am a special breed, I asked for way-out .... the reply I got was "keep on praying "

normally I don't fall sick .... blood group and type. ( 0+ & AC )

Lumantem is the only pill i can take now for malaria cure

.. ...DOSE .......

when normal people takes 4 capsules >>morning and night <<= 8 capsules a day
I will take 1 capsule divided into four (1/4) once and I will be heal ...
I was born in late 80s ......

I don't know why am special breed pls help ooooooooo
I rep 9JA

>>ENGLISH IS NOT MY FIRST TONGUE<<
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by Holywizard: 8:09am On Jun 16, 2016
evanscheck:

I wud advise u do a test! When u do a test then see the result,from there we can know how to help u
I was told dat it's a staphylococcus bacteria infection. I ve visited a clinic & has been given series of injection & its there
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by evanscheck(m): 9:01am On Jun 16, 2016
Holywizard:
I was told dat it's a staphylococcus bacteria infection. I ve visited a clinic & has been given series of injection & its there

Do u complete the dosage of the injections, tablets etc. U know it can't work except u take ur medicine according to the prescribed dosage. I wud advise u do anoda test,take it to a physician or pharmacy near u. They can choose the medication from the culture and u take the drug the u were asked to. Thanks.
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by evanscheck(m): 9:15am On Jun 16, 2016
sanyaboy:
good afternoon Pharm , I want to share my health issue

Straight to the point ... I noticed that whenever I took malaria or Tapoid pill either amalar , maloxin , quioroquen , amoxil or Lumartem even paracetamol I always got body itch for 3 days or more ...

when I visited my school doctor he said am a special breed, I asked for way-out .... the reply I got was "keep on praying "

normally I don't fall sick .... blood group and type. ( 0+ & AC )

Lumantem is the only pill i can take now for malaria cure

.. ...DOSE .......

when normal people takes 4 capsules >>morning and night <<= 8 capsules a day
I will take 1 capsule divided into four (1/4) once and I will be heal ...
I was born in late 80s ......

I don't know why am special breed pls help ooooooooo
I rep 9JA

>>ENGLISH IS NOT MY FIRST TONGUE<<

Your genotype being AC makes u special becos seeing someone with this genetic makeup is rare that's why u react to some drugs differently and normal dosages seem like overdose! The truth is till date no one has come up to see this is d particular reason why it is like dat! But the only good thing abt ur genotype is that u don't easily fall sick! Take that as a consolation. If I have any more info I wud send it to u. Stay blessed
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by evanscheck(m): 9:23am On Jun 16, 2016
endie44:
Good Day Pharm.

I have symptoms consistent with low dopamine/serotonin levels. This includes, as i found and related to on this site http://mentalhealthdaily.com/2015/04/02/low-dopamine-levels-symptoms-adverse-reactions/

Attention deficits, Blunted affect, Confusion, Depersonalization, Depression, Disorganized thinking, Fatigue, Learning problems,
Poor concentration, Inattentiveness, Low libido, Memory impairment, Monotone speech, Sleepiness, Slow thinking, Social withdrawal.

Before now i haven't been able to find words that describe what's actually wrong with me. The above symptoms are but a few of what i actually go through. All this i have been experiencing since childhood and it had resulted in me not living the kind of life i would wish for.

I have actually tried a lot of stuff before now to help me improve my cognitive abilities. Just about anything that can affect my nerves or brain, any kind of stimulant, i think i have tried it. At some point early in my life i tried weed and i almost got myself killed or maimed cause i took an overdose of it (I have actually shared my story on that here on Nairaland). I ve tried Brainwave entrainment audio tapes.. it did help a lot and added some quality to my living but it didn't take me out of the pit i found my self in. I ve tried ice to the sides of the neck, i've tried hot steam to the forehead just about where i think the pituitary gland is located, garlic, colanuts, vitamin Bs, Alcohol, Cigarette, herbs and just about anything i could lay my hands on that can just affect my nerves. it really have been very weak.

In recent times I ve been taking lots of coffee. at first it was helping but now i don't know it is doing any much work. This lead me to do more findings on the internet thats where i came across dopamine and serotonin deficiency conditions and i related to virtually of of its symptoms. For the first time i was able to find one name to describe the ailment i had been suffering from all my life. The site also stated that dopamine and serotonin supplements are used in their treatments.

Can i get these supplements here in Nigeria? I am really in need of them. Thanks in advance.

Oops, Am sorry for what u are going through. The good thing is that there is solution at the end of the tunnel. Let me go straight to the point. I would advise u see a doctor first, u would place on some medications which u would use along side with the supplement. The good news is that u would stop the drugs and then continue with the supplement for life. I want u to be in a health care home because u alone can't handle the side effect that comes with the drugs. Stay blessed!

1 Like

Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by endie44: 9:44am On Jun 16, 2016
evanscheck:

Oops, Am sorry for what u are going through. The good thing is that there is solution at the end of the tunnel. Let me go straight to the point. I would advise u see a doctor first, u would place on some medications which u would use along side with the supplement. The good news is that u would stop the drugs and then continue with the supplement for life. I want u to be in a health care home because u alone can't handle the side effect that comes with the drugs. Stay blessed!

Thank you Sir. I really appreciate.
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by Akinkunmi0777(m): 10:20am On Jun 16, 2016
Pls doctor, my voice didn't sound well and when am talking it is not easy for people to hear since 5 months ago, pls what should i do?
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by sanyaboy: 11:28pm On Jun 18, 2016
evanscheck:

Your genotype being AC makes u special becos seeing someone with this genetic makeup is rare that's why u react to some drugs differently and normal dosages seem like overdose! Stay blessed

Thanks I really appreciate
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by Maxswitch1: 7:26am On Jun 19, 2016
Hello Pharmacist, can we have a private chat? This Is my number, 08025381828(whatsapp)
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by pluto3(m): 8:35am On Jun 19, 2016
zeezahbee:
It may or may nt be the drug. Dexamethasone as a steroid fondly called xasten or yodi has been abused which has the side effects oedema and may later result in pain,it will be advisable not to stop the drug abruptly as dia maybe withdrawal symptoms,reduce the dose of the drug to 1tab daily for 7days and discontinue. Then avoid the following: taking cold food or drinks,exposure to fan or AC, bathing with cold water, sleeping on d rug or a room that has rug etc. All these can trigger attack as allergens. Put on socks always,get clothes that can warm up your body since we re in d raining season then later if you must use drugs,take 4mg of salbutamol n 1tab of aminophyline @ bedtime as d levels of cortisols fall @ nite n may trigger asthma,with time u won't see urself as an asthmatic patient. Cheers

Hmmmmm Mr. Pharm man.... dont exceed ur boundary cos dis is prob we r havin in nigeria.... u want to b a pharm as well as a doc.... if i may ask... wats ur reason of asking her to avoid cold stuffs/weather? And mind u... long term use of steroid isnt gud except in needful.... but in asthma? I strongly disagree on long term use of steroid.... @patient.... i hav dis little question for u... but b homest.... was it a doctor dat prescribe dis in quote almost life time use of dexa cos of asthma? Or he prescribed it 4 a period of time and u decide to go ahead and purchase d drug at a nearby chemist because we r in nigeria wia u can even enter n buy any drugs witout prescription....2ndly... wen was d last time u went to d hospital on follow up? Pharmacist dont prescribe drugs please mr. Pharm... lets make nigeria work..... one love.
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by evanscheck(m): 2:09am On Jun 20, 2016
Akinkunmi0777:
Pls doctor, my voice didn't sound well and when am talking it is not easy for people to hear since 5 months ago, pls what should i do?

5 months ago is nt just drug again! I wud advise u go and see a physician, he may do a scan to look at ur larynx and know Wats wrg! I wud recommend u go fast! Thanks
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by evanscheck(m): 2:25am On Jun 20, 2016
pluto3:

Hmmmmm Mr. Pharm man.... dont exceed ur boundary cos dis is prob we r havin in nigeria.... u want to b a pharm as well as a doc.... if i may ask... wats ur reason of asking her to avoid cold stuffs/weather? And mind u... long term use of steroid isnt gud except in needful.... but in asthma? I strongly disagree on long term use of steroid.... @patient.... i hav dis little question for u... but b homest.... was it a doctor dat prescribe dis in quote almost life time use of dexa cos of asthma? Or he prescribed it 4 a period of time and u decide to go ahead and purchase d drug at a nearby chemist because we r in nigeria wia u can even enter n buy any drugs witout prescription....2ndly... wen was d last time u went to d hospital on follow up? Pharmacist dont prescribe drugs please mr. Pharm... lets make nigeria work..... one love.

The reason y he/she has to avoid cold enviroment is because extreme cold environment cause blood contriction and decrease the flow of blood to the heart and lungs! For someone with asthma that is already compromised with oxygen issue. This could precipitate asthma attack. With the cold environment acting as allergen and triggering a hypersensitivity reaction.

For the use of steriods. Beacuse the benefit out. weight the risk. The patient wud be on a steriod drug with lesser side effect,with less or zero withdrawal effect. Most recommended is Prednisolone.
Yes steriods are used. For life.
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by evanscheck(m): 2:26am On Jun 20, 2016
Maxswitch1:
Hello Pharmacist, can we have a private chat? This Is my number, 08025381828(whatsapp)

Send an email sir
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by matrix2016: 6:31am On Jun 20, 2016
evanscheck:

The reason y he/she has to avoid cold enviroment is because extreme cold environment cause blood contriction and decrease the flow of blood to the heart and lungs! For someone with asthma that is already compromised with oxygen issue. This could precipitate asthma attack. With the cold environment acting as allergen and triggering a hypersensitivity reaction.

For the use of steriods. Beacuse the benefit out. weight the risk. The patient wud be on a steriod drug with lesser side effect,with less or zero withdrawal effect. Most recommended is Prednisolone.
Yes steriods are used. For life.

Please I have a serious case and something similar to this, I was so thin and I wanted to add up a bit if flesh, so someone introduced me to xasten, so I've been taken xasten,coldliver oil and multivitamin, I take the xasten twice daily with 1mg, which means I take 4mg daily. I have done this for a complete year, though there's a difference in my body tho, and I tried to stop, but Everytime I tried to stop, it was always one war or the other, it reacts mostly on my skin, like having different kinds of skin rash, and some serious hitching in some funny areas if the body, like genitals, my penis and rashes on my face, bumps in between my fingers, each time I go back to the drugs, it changes and heals up. but right now it's high time I stopped the drugs and live my normal life, I've started seeing some stretch marks on almost every part of my body, like under my arms, my bum, and my laps, please fix or pharmacist in the building, I need help. and, as fast as I can get help. thanks alot. I'm actually planning to visit a pharmacist today though, but I also need your advice, thanks alot....
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by evanscheck(m): 7:58am On Jun 20, 2016
matrix2016:

Please I have a serious case and something similar to this, I was so thin and I wanted to add up a bit if flesh, so someone introduced me to xasten, so I've been taken xasten,coldliver oil and multivitamin, I take the xasten twice daily with 1mg, which means I take 4mg daily. I have done this for a complete year, though there's a difference in my body tho, and I tried to stop, but Everytime I tried to stop, it was always one war or the other, it reacts mostly on my skin, like having different kinds of skin rash, and some serious hitching in some funny areas if the body, like genitals, my penis and rashes on my face, bumps in between my fingers, each time I go back to the drugs, it changes and heals up. but right now it's high time I stopped the drugs and live my normal life, I've started seeing some stretch marks on almost every part of my body, like under my arms, my bum, and my laps, please fix or pharmacist in the building, I need help. and, as fast as I can get help. thanks alot. I'm actually planning to visit a pharmacist today though, but I also need your advice, thanks alot....

The only remedy is to get back to the xasten (dexamethasone).what u are experiencing is the withdrawal effect of steriod (dexamethasone). You wud taper the dosage for a period of 3 months.
The first month u wud take 3 mg. That means u wud have to break the tablet, the second month u wud have to take 2mg, for the last month u wud have to take 1mg (half tablet). Its only in this way u wud stop the drugs. Tanks
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by Akinkunmi0777(m): 8:03am On Jun 20, 2016
evanscheck:

5 months ago is nt just drug again! I wud advise u go and see a physician, he may do a scan to look at ur larynx and know Wats wrg! I wud recommend u go fast! Thanks
ok thanks
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by matrix2016: 9:07am On Jun 20, 2016
evanscheck:

The only remedy is to get back to the xasten (dexamethasone).what u are experiencing is the withdrawal effect of steriod (dexamethasone). You wud taper the dosage for a period of 3 months.
The first month u wud take 3 mg. That means u wud have to break the tablet, the second month u wud have to take 2mg, for the last month u wud have to take 1mg (half tablet). Its only in this way u wud stop the drugs. Tanks

thanks alot sir, I'm glad, but just for clarification, the drug is only in 0.5mg and 1mg. so can I take the 0.5mg 3tablets to make it 1.5mg in the morning and night respectively to make it 3mg for the first month? or I can just take the 3mg at once a day, maybe morning, night or anytime in the day? thanks alot sir
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by evanscheck(m): 10:49am On Jun 20, 2016
matrix2016:

thanks alot sir, I'm glad, but just for clarification, the drug is only in 0.5mg and 1mg. so can I take the 0.5mg 3tablets to make it 1.5mg in the morning and night respectively to make it 3mg for the first month? or I can just take the 3mg at once a day, maybe morning, night or anytime in the day? thanks alot sir

Just make up the strenght of the drug. And take accordingly. Live positively and Remain Blessed
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by Maxswitch1: 11:10am On Jun 20, 2016
evanscheck:

Send an email sir

E-mail sent.
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by evanscheck(m): 12:09pm On Jun 20, 2016
Maxswitch1:

E-mail sent.
Email replied.
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by Maxswitch1: 12:29pm On Jun 20, 2016
evanscheck:

Email replied.

lamspayola@hotmail.com
you can send your email here.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (26) (Reply)

WHO Advices People To Wear Face-Masks In Public / Coronavirus: China Accuses US Army Of Bringing Virus To Wuhan, Sparks Outrage / Funeral Prayers For Multiples As Kano Death Toll Mounts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.