Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,910 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:01 PM

Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) - Health (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) (84456 Views)

Nigerian Pharmacist Reveals What Constant Sex Will Do To You / Ask Me Anything On Drugs And Supplements / Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by Emdee590(m): 1:17pm On Oct 24, 2015
Mr pharmacist ooo plenty questions lie idle for here ooo

Pleas what is the dose for praziquantel tablet 600mg , adult dose ! as I can't comprehend the dose based on body weight here
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by Chuksgeo: 6:56pm On Oct 24, 2015
please mr pharmacist, I need a drug to gain weight quickly especially as I have thing legs. So what drug/therapy would you recommend

1 Like

Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by Emdee590(m): 10:43pm On Oct 24, 2015
Chuksgeo:
please mr pharmacist, I need a drug to gain weight quickly especially as I have thing legs. So what drug/therapy would you recommend
WATE ON (WAYTE ON)
Check it out and be very careful ooo
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by Chuksgeo: 11:27am On Oct 25, 2015
Emdee590:
WATE ON (WAYTE ON) Check it out and be very careful ooo
thanks gonna check it out
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by Emdee590(m): 4:50pm On Oct 25, 2015
Please do we have o.r.s for adult , if yes, how does it look like ? Is it different from the normal #50 own ?
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by eddie7: 6:05pm On Oct 26, 2015
Good day house! Pls I need to know the spray or medication one can use against frequent muscle - pull....pls help cos the pain is unbearable
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by Contumely: 7:37pm On Oct 26, 2015
Please best brand of zinc, magnesium, iron, BI2, etc supplements. Thanks

cc
zeezahbee
obinoscopy
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by Kenett(m): 7:07pm On Oct 27, 2015
Good evening House,
please sir i ran a culture and sensivity test (urethral swab) and the result is
Yielded scanty growth of staphylococcus species after 48 hours incubation at 37 degrees
sensitivity
Clindamycin (+++)
Cefpodoxime (++)
resistant drugs
ofloxacin,gentamycin,ciprofloxacin,norfloxacin,levofloxacin,cefixime,cloxacillin,ceftriaxone,erythromycin.

P.s i also did a blood culture but still awaiting the results.

Please sir i would be very greatful if you can offer me some advice as to drugs to take.

Thank you.
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by evanscheck(m): 7:15pm On Oct 30, 2015
Kenett:
Good evening House,
please sir i ran a culture and sensivity test (urethral swab) and the result is
Yielded scanty growth of staphylococcus species after 48 hours incubation at 37 degrees
sensitivity
Clindamycin (+++)
Cefpodoxime (++)
resistant drugs
ofloxacin,gentamycin,ciprofloxacin,norfloxacin,levofloxacin,cefixime,cloxacillin,ceftriaxone,erythromycin.

P.s i also did a blood culture but still awaiting the results.

Please sir i would be very greatful if you can offer me some advice as to drugs to take.

Thank you.

Ur MCS test u did, I wud say it is inconclusive cos the baseline treatment and recommended sampling drugs as certified by WHO was nt cultured with the organism. I wud strongly advise to disregard this test and do another one for the benefit of ur health... thank u
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by evanscheck(m): 7:17pm On Oct 30, 2015
Contumely:
Please best brand of zinc, magnesium, iron, BI2, etc supplements. Thanks

cc
zeezahbee
obinoscopy

Look for any brand called IMMUNACE, that is a good product that wud have all those elements listed here.. u cud look for a good pharmacy near u to ask for those and dey wud be more than glad to help u out
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by pepperonii(f): 9:21pm On Oct 30, 2015
drered:
WATE ON (WAYTE ON) is a good emulsion that is formulated to promote weight gain. You can get that in most pharmacies around. Also ensure you go on a diet rich in nutrients and vitamins. You can also get complan if you dont want to have to bother about getting the required nutrients from different sources. Pharm Remi

how many kg can be gained from taking a glass of complan+soya everyday for a week. I'm trying to increase my weight from 48 to like 58kg
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by chefdoeuvre: 6:29pm On Oct 31, 2015
drered:
WATE ON (WAYTE ON) is a good emulsion that is formulated to promote weight gain. You can get that in most pharmacies around. Also ensure you go on a diet rich in nutrients and vitamins. You can also get complan if you dont want to have to bother about getting the required nutrients from different sources. Pharm Remi
Please is there any prominent/harmful side effect of the WATE ON? Wouldn't want to create health problems where there was none simply because of trying to add weight. Are u recommending it? If yes, any important thing for one to take note of?
Thanks
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by Contumely: 7:01pm On Oct 31, 2015
evanscheck:

Look for any brand called IMMUNACE, that is a good product that wud have all those elements listed here.. u cud look for a good pharmacy near u to ask for those and dey wud be more than glad to help u out

Whats the difference between Immunace and astyfier.

Again, which is better astyfer or ferroglobin?
thanks
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by evanscheck(m): 2:22am On Nov 01, 2015
Contumely:

Whats the difference between Immunace and astyfier.

Again, which is better astyfer or ferroglobin?
thanks
This does not sound like a question I wud answer but for the sake of others going tru let me do justice to it.
The major difference between immunace and astyfer wud majorly be sorted out from the content in each of them. Immunace contains - zinc, selenuim, vitamim d3, E, C, A . They are indicated for the normal functioning of the immune system and help in cell protection. While astyfer contains - 1. Glycine- they help in the heam formation.dat helps to carry oxygen and red blood cel.
Histidine- indicated to boost manufacture for red and white blood cell.
Lysine - indicated for the formation of blood protein like globulim protien.. astyfer as it is popularly called, it is a blood builder while immunace offer immunity and protection
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by Contumely: 8:06am On Nov 01, 2015
evanscheck:

This does not sound like a question I wud answer but for the sake of others going tru let me do justice to it.
The major difference between immunace and astyfer wud majorly be sorted out from the content in each of them. Immunace contains - zinc, selenuim, vitamim d3, E, C, A . They are indicated for the normal functioning of the immune system and help in cell protection. While astyfer contains - 1. Glycine- they help in the heam formation.dat helps to carry oxygen and red blood cel.
Histidine- indicated to boost manufacture for red and white blood cell.
Lysine - indicated for the formation of blood protein like globulim protien.. astyfer as it is popularly called, it is a blood builder while immunace offer immunity and protection
Glad you did answer it.
Thanks.

Still oblige me pls.
I learnt zinc compete with copper hence one will be copper deficient if one takes zinc without copper. Wonder what it will be like with the immunace that has zinc and no copper.
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by evanscheck(m): 10:10pm On Nov 01, 2015
Contumely:

Glad you did answer it.
Thanks.

Still oblige me pls.
I learnt zinc compete with copper hence one will be copper deficient if one takes zinc without copper. Wonder what it will be like with the immunace that has zinc and no copper.

Lol...u are correct on that. But the study is actually zinc supplement taken for a long period of time which wud decrease the amount of copper in the body.the study is inconclusive on that aspect, as to weda dey wud be an interaction or not, but wat I wud advise is to only take for a short period, but wen the benefit outweigh the risk, and there is a just knowledgeable cause to take dietry zinc for a long time...I wud gladly oblige.
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by evanscheck(m): 10:32pm On Nov 01, 2015
eddie7:
Good day house! Pls I need to know the spray or medication one can use against frequent muscle - pull....pls help cos the pain is unbearable

Ask them for a diclofenac spray, I dont wat to tell u any brand name, just ask dem for a pain relieving spray and also look for a muscle relaxant...with time u wud be well and able again. Good luck
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by evanscheck(m): 10:35pm On Nov 01, 2015
Emdee590:
Please do we have o.r.s for adult , if yes, how does it look like ? Is it different from the normal #50 own ?

ORAL REHYDRATING DRIP IS ORAL REHYDRATING DRIP..any where any day, but I think they have made an improvement to the one be sold now, dey now add zinc tablet in the pack
It is not different..
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by Emdee590(m): 11:23pm On Nov 01, 2015
evanscheck:

ORAL REHYDRATING DRIP IS ORAL REHYDRATING DRIP..any where any day, but I think they have made an improvement to the one be sold now, dey now add zinc tablet in the pack
It is not different..
Thank you bros
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by frakdon(m): 12:04am On Nov 02, 2015
Please you have an idea, of how much a check for genotype, would cost?
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by eddie7: 10:25am On Nov 08, 2015
evanscheck:

Ask them for a diclofenac spray, I dont wat to tell u any brand name, just ask dem for a pain relieving spray and also look for a muscle relaxant...with time u wud be well and able again. Good luck
Thanks man! I really appreciate
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by evanscheck(m): 11:14pm On Nov 08, 2015
frakdon:
Please you have an idea, of how much a check for genotype, would cost?
The only way u can be able to check that out is to ask major labouratories around u and find out which is less expensive and yet meticulous... testimonies from people wud help u make decision most times
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by Tinu02(f): 9:24am On Nov 11, 2015
Hello
Please what drug can you prescribe for irregular menstrual period. There was a time it took 42 days although in the last couple of month I lost weight and I don't sleep for long hours and I always have a high temperature and I always have this sharp pain in my breast. My period is due and it hasn't yet come again.
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by ladycomfort(f): 3:05am On Nov 12, 2015
zeezahbee:
Get informed on how your pharmacist can help you. Pharmacists are medication experts.Do you suffer from a chronic condition such as asthma, arthritis, or diabetes etc? Your pharmacist can work with you and your doctor to make sure you choose the best medications to look after your health.

Studies have shown that half of all Nigerians do not take their prescription medications exactly as prescribed. Every year thousands of people are admitted into hospitals because they did not follow the instructions on their medication container.
Do not leave the pharmacy or hospital until you fully understand how to use your medication properly.

Not sure what to ask your pharmacist? Here is a list of questions you can consider:
Why am I taking this medication?
How and when should I take this medication?
Is "four times a day" the same as "every six hours"?
Do I have to wake up during the night to take my medication?
Am I supposed to swallow my medicine with food or water?
Is there anything I should or should not eat or drink while I am taking this medication?
What should I do if I miss my dose, or take two doses close together?
How will I know if this medication is working?
How will I remember to take my medicine?
I have allergies - is it safe for me to take this medication?
Are there any side effects I should watch for? Will it make me sleepy?
Will my medication interact with other drugs?
Can I drink alcohol while I am taking this medication?
Will it be affected by over-the-counter medications like painkillers or antacids?
Will it be affected by vitamins or herbal supplements?
Can I take this medication if I am pregnant or breast-feeding?
When will I feel better?
If I feel better can I stop taking it?
When should I see my doctor?
Can I get my medication in a container that is easier to open?
Where should I keep my medication?

. Well done pharmacist, please have been using dexamethasone 2mg daily to increase my butt size but it seem not to be effective. Please what could be wrong.
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by Emdee590(m): 8:45am On Nov 12, 2015
ladycomfort:
. Well done pharmacist, please have been using dexamethasone 2mg daily to increase my butt size but it seem not to be effective. Please what could be wrong.
Just run away from dexamethasone...Just stick to balance diet.

#iyafsaymine
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by ladycomfort(f): 8:50am On Nov 12, 2015
Emdee590:

Just run away from dexamethasone...Just stick to balance diet.

#iyafsaymine
. Hello,i don't remember quoting you. Kindly mind your business.
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by juman(m): 8:52am On Nov 12, 2015
Hmmmmm

Some sickness are challenging, faith testing sickness.

May God heal sick people quickly.
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by Nobody: 1:13pm On Nov 12, 2015
ladycomfort:
. Hello,i don't remember quoting you. Kindly mind your business.
The guy loves you by giving you that advice. Dexamethazone is a steroid with an undesirable long adverse effects. Please stick to exercise and increase your food intake instead of using steroids.
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by Princeakin4u: 3:37pm On Nov 12, 2015
Re: Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) by Emdee590(m): 6:24am On Nov 13, 2015
DonSapientia:
The guy loves you by giving you that advice. Dexamethazone is a steroid with an undesirable long adverse effects. Please stick to exercise and increase your food intake instead of using steroids.
Thank you bros !
I don't know that na crime to respond to question here ooo
Very childish warning she gave above,
Na they type naem some of this pharmacist or chemist dae like make money.
Instead of her to research why I said run away from dexamethasone , she is here forming big girl by warning me.

No any professional would place you on dexamethasone for weight gain or so not even the OP .

#nooffenceintended

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (26) (Reply)

Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits / WHO Advices People To Wear Face-Masks In Public / Coronavirus: China Accuses US Army Of Bringing Virus To Wuhan, Sparks Outrage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.