Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,745 members, 7,824,146 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

Major Tourist Attractions In Nigeria - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Major Tourist Attractions In Nigeria (34240 Views)

Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Top Attractions In Nigeria / World's Most Extreme Tourist Attractions. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Major Tourist Attractions In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jul 08, 2014
Beautiful sights and views.
Coming back to life again is the Ogbunike Cave and the Rojenny Resort and park Oba in Anambra State. Thanks to Governor obiano.

Thou the problem with Nigerians is MAINTAINANCE!

2 Likes

Re: Major Tourist Attractions In Nigeria by kobonaire(m): 1:22pm On Jul 08, 2014
We really are not in a state to have tourism in Nigeria ..... the citizens themselves are living in fear of Boko Haram
Re: Major Tourist Attractions In Nigeria by blesszzy(m): 1:24pm On Jul 08, 2014
MzMariah: I graduated from the federal university of technology Akure, Ondo state and its not to far from ekiti where ikogosi is.

Erin ijesha water falls is also cool. it is located at ilesha.

hmmm, You are a product of futa... Gud sch and sch of beans eaters.
Re: Major Tourist Attractions In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jul 08, 2014
Dnt think i can ever forget the fun i got from visiting Idanre hills, Erin ijesha waterfalls and Ikogosi spring all in one week. Great places for holiday.
MzMariah: I graduated from the federal university of technology Akure, Ondo state and its not to far from ekiti where ikogosi is.

1 Like

Re: Major Tourist Attractions In Nigeria by angela98(f): 1:35pm On Jul 08, 2014
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked Nigeria been get places like this? Na wah! Una sure say this places fine as e be in picture Abi na Photoshop? Hmm!
Re: Major Tourist Attractions In Nigeria by daveP(m): 1:43pm On Jul 08, 2014
Simitrendy: .,Waoh not only dat of Gossy water only it has a zoo also a nice swimming pool.,Ikogosi is a nice place''when last av u bin dere? Cos its now renovated and refburished now
yeah i know,jst needs an expansion that can make it a multi-billion naira prospect.january was d last time!
Re: Major Tourist Attractions In Nigeria by sofat(m): 1:47pm On Jul 08, 2014
The op forgot to mention SAMBISA FOREST! the #1 tourism centre in Nigeria.
Re: Major Tourist Attractions In Nigeria by daveP(m): 1:47pm On Jul 08, 2014

(whistling 'now i know why') Futa! No wonder! grin
Re: Major Tourist Attractions In Nigeria by Ayoswit(f): 2:11pm On Jul 08, 2014
Ayoswit: @op how about le meridien and golf resort @ nwaniba Uyo
or even amusement park @ udoudoma avenue Uyo
Re: Major Tourist Attractions In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jul 08, 2014
hugelyendowed: front page things

seriously, I never knew such places existed here in Nigeria.
How will you know when your head is in Dubai and London?

2 Likes

Re: Major Tourist Attractions In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jul 08, 2014
django1:

Erin Ijesha water fall is at Erin Ijesha not Ilesha.

Greatest Futarian.
You are right
thanks for the correction.

1 Like

Re: Major Tourist Attractions In Nigeria by Sammiejo: 2:14pm On Jul 08, 2014
IF YOU HAVE TO ANY THESE PLACES PLEASE ADD DIRECTIONS, HOTEL FACILITIES AROUND AND IF PET AND CHILDREN FREINDLY,
Re: Major Tourist Attractions In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jul 08, 2014
MzMariah: You are right
thanks for the correction.

You are welcome. Most of us that went to FUTA have visited the waterfall and ikogosi springs. I believe they are even better now than several years back.

1 Like

Re: Major Tourist Attractions In Nigeria by secnelly: 2:19pm On Jul 08, 2014
Wey my okada man... its tym for flexing. We must visit all these places before the year runs out
Re: Major Tourist Attractions In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jul 08, 2014
I've been to all of them. Nice places I must say.
Re: Major Tourist Attractions In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jul 08, 2014
daveP: (whistling 'now i know why') Futa! No wonder! grin
Why what davep?
Re: Major Tourist Attractions In Nigeria by daveP(m): 2:36pm On Jul 08, 2014
MzMariah: Why what davep?
erm nothing o.i see were d humor came from.what did you study?
Re: Major Tourist Attractions In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jul 08, 2014
django1:

You are welcome. Most of us that went to FUTA have visited the waterfall and ikogosi springs. I believe they are even better now than several years back.
When I charge my tab I will post pictures of the waterfall

1 Like

Re: Major Tourist Attractions In Nigeria by An0nimus: 2:44pm On Jul 08, 2014
Some of the tourist attractions have animals as pictures in their stead...Nice research work all the same.
Re: Major Tourist Attractions In Nigeria by dustydee: 2:50pm On Jul 08, 2014
@OP
You did not mention kainji Lake National Park.

1 Like

Re: Major Tourist Attractions In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jul 08, 2014
so sambisa forest no come dey again abi. hmmmm Boko Boko
Re: Major Tourist Attractions In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jul 08, 2014
Ayoswit: @op how about le meridien and golf resort @ nwaniba Uyo
or even amusement park @ udoudoma avenue Uyo
. Le Meridien is an hotel,d Amusement Park is nearly completed.
Re: Major Tourist Attractions In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jul 08, 2014
daveP: erm nothing o.i see were d humor came from.what did you study?
Ask me when we get home.

Lanicky don make lunch?
Re: Major Tourist Attractions In Nigeria by Enosa1(m): 3:00pm On Jul 08, 2014
lalasticlala: Okomu National Park, Edo State

Located in Ovia South LGA, the park which lies about50km west of Benin City, Okomu National Park, formerly the Okomu Wildlife Sanctuary, is a forest block within the 1,082 km² Okomu Forest Reserve.
The park holds a small fragment of the rich forest that once covered the region, and is the last habitat for many endangered species.

The park holds a remnant of the Nigerian lowland forests that once formed a continuous 50–100 km wide belt from the Niger River west to the Dahomey Gap in Benin.

To the south and southeast the forest was separated from the coast by mangrove and swamp forests, while to the north it merged into the Guinean Forest-Savanna Mosaic eco-region.

Okomu National Park is about 200 km² of wildlife sanctuary, a rainforest ecosystem that is the habitat for many endangered species of flora and fauna.

The state government formally defined the sanctuary in 1986, with an area of just 66 km2 before the Nigerian Conservation Foundation (NCF)took over management of the sanctuary in 1987, and extended it to 114 km2 by adding a one-mile wide buffer zone. The sanctuary was later taken over by theNational Parks Servicein 1999.

Okomu is a home of forest elephants, buffaloes, red river hogs, chimpanzees, leopards, bush baby, putty nosed guenon, porcupine, pangolins, duikers, antelopes etc.

The white throated monkey which is one of the rarest monkeys in the world today is found at the park as well. Butterflies and birds are abundant making it oneof the best places for bird watching in Nigeria.
Is it the Okomu national park close to me here that you are talking about? Seriously I never knew it had all this oh, I will try and visit.

2 Likes

Re: Major Tourist Attractions In Nigeria by daveP(m): 3:05pm On Jul 08, 2014
MzMariah: Ask me when we get home.

Lanicky don make lunch?
erm not yet,shes out with noble4d,he's teaching her gear skill wif d new larmborgini
Re: Major Tourist Attractions In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jul 08, 2014
daveP: erm not yet,shes out with noble4d,he's teaching her gear skill wif d new larmborgini
Hmmm.
Re: Major Tourist Attractions In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jul 08, 2014
django1:

Pics of the waterfall grin

3 Likes

Re: Major Tourist Attractions In Nigeria by daveP(m): 3:17pm On Jul 08, 2014
MzMariah: Hmmm.
ure reminding me of jimmy testbot on nimbuzz(always analysing hmmm's) howz your day going?
Re: Major Tourist Attractions In Nigeria by Missmossy(f): 3:20pm On Jul 08, 2014
Calabar is indeed a beautiful city with lot of exciting places to tourcheesy

4 Likes

Re: Major Tourist Attractions In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jul 08, 2014
daveP: ure reminding me of jimmy testbot on nimbuzz(always analysing hmmm's) howz your day going?
Thank God. how is yours going?
Re: Major Tourist Attractions In Nigeria by myspnigeria: 3:21pm On Jul 08, 2014
cool destinations....i wish the government cld spend more on tourism

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Car Plunges Off A Bridge With 4 People Inside In Akure This Morning (Photos) / Shoot Us- Nigerians Shout As They Clash With Police In Pakistan / My First Snow Experience In The UK ��

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.