Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,804 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:26 AM

Major Tourist Attractions In Nigeria - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Major Tourist Attractions In Nigeria (34606 Views)

Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Top Attractions In Nigeria / World's Most Extreme Tourist Attractions. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Major Tourist Attractions In Nigeria by otokx(m): 6:44pm On Jul 08, 2014
Government should try and reconstruct access roads to this tourist sites especially the ones outside the troubled zones. Will try to visit Ikogosi and Idanre spots soon. Up north is a no go area for now.
Re: Major Tourist Attractions In Nigeria by anonimi: 6:48pm On Jul 08, 2014
otokx: Government should try and reconstruct access roads to this tourist sites especially the ones outside the troubled zones. Will try to visit Ikogosi and Idanre spots soon. Up north is a no go area for now.

Those (FEEDER) roads are most likely the RESPONSIBILITY of the STATE governments and maybe the LGAs as I hope that is what you mean by "government".
They cannot see the potential tax revenue from opening up these areas for more visitors undecided
Selfishness, Greediness plus Short-Sightedness na one kain wicked combination I swear angry

1 Like

Re: Major Tourist Attractions In Nigeria by penmate101(m): 7:12pm On Jul 08, 2014
Was at Obudu in December 2012. Really lovely place, but accessibility is difficult. REALLY DIFFICULT. The the air strip in Obudu is closed (following the military aircraft that crashed in 2006). Its easier to get to Obudu from Abuja by road which we did than from Calabar Airport.

Though its no longer a cattle ranch (all the cattle being dead and gone) As a mountain resort, it still is a world class location. Talk about sitting in the clouds and getting high... literally I mean!

Accessibility is a discouraging factor for tourists. But Obudu Mountain Resort comfortably beats hands down most European tourist destinations.

1 Like

Re: Major Tourist Attractions In Nigeria by Awoofawo(m): 7:34pm On Jul 08, 2014
ROSSIKE: More Tourist Attractions in Nigeria

Abuja

IBB Golf Course Abuja

Uyo

Lakowe lakes, Lagos

MicGom Golf Course Osun State

Ron Garl Designed 18 Hole Golf Course Ilara Mokin Ogun State

Zuma Rock Niger State

Wase Rock Plateau State

Ekiti Inselbergs

Agbokim Falls Cross River

Millenium Park Abuja

Gurara Falls Abuja

Usuma Lake (Near Abuja)

Eleko Beach

Tarkwah Bay Lagos

Obudu Ranch Cable Cars

Obudu Ranch

Ilara-Mokin is locate in Ondo State and not very FUTA
Re: Major Tourist Attractions In Nigeria by Feraz(m): 7:37pm On Jul 08, 2014
Kai!!! See money making avenues. Federal and State governments should put differences aside and revive these places to world class tourist centres to get big bucks for the country. Imagine latest modern facilities in these places. Awesome I tell you!

Btw, who can give me directions of getting to Okomu National Park from University of Benin? I need to visit this place after my exams. Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Major Tourist Attractions In Nigeria by Simitrendy: 7:50pm On Jul 08, 2014
daveP: yeah i know,jst needs an expansion that can make it a multi-billion naira prospect.january was d last time!
aiit
Re: Major Tourist Attractions In Nigeria by Simitrendy: 7:55pm On Jul 08, 2014
MzMariah: I graduated from the federal university of technology Akure, Ondo state and its not to far from ekiti where ikogosi is.

Erin ijesha water falls is also cool. it is located at ilesha.
Waoh!!nice 1 ..u knw idanre hill?
Re: Major Tourist Attractions In Nigeria by MacLovington(m): 8:09pm On Jul 08, 2014
myspnigeria: cool destinations....i wish the government cld spend more on tourism

True.

There are many ways to promote tourism in 9ja but oil has made our leaders too lazy to think or do anything.

For example the cost of obtaining Nigeria Visa here at 9ja HC in London is enough to buy a ticket with a budget airline to Morocco.

And Europeans need no Visa. Same with Tunisia. I have visited those places.

What about £20 or £30 visa fee payable on arrival? With each tourist must have at least £750 minimum to spend.

Uganda and some other countries do it like that.

OKOMU park is really good. Back in the 80s some Europeans working there used to buy off live animals from locals in areas just outside the park and release them into the park.

1 Like

Re: Major Tourist Attractions In Nigeria by daveP(m): 8:10pm On Jul 08, 2014
anonimi:

Did you read on this thread that Tinapa is a shadow of itself

When you do not develop the idea and execute based on LOCAL knowledge developed by investing MASSIVELY in educating ALL children in free & compulsory:

- primary
- VOCATIONAL
- secondary and
- TECHNICAL

schools we end up with sheer total waste white elephant projects that cannot withstand the test of time shocked
QED!

Short cut nor dey for development angry
yeah youre right about d bolded.was referring actually to when it was still vibey! Is in a bad state now.cos its jst stagnated by that poor road and other factors.
Re: Major Tourist Attractions In Nigeria by enomakos(m): 8:25pm On Jul 08, 2014
[quote
author=Kayusfity]THIS IS WHY WE NEED TO VOTE IN GEJ IN 2015 FOR THIS
GOOD WORKS TO CONTINUE. BEFORE GEJ'S ADMINISTRATION TINAPA WAS THE ONLY
TOURIST CENTRE IN NIGERIA BUILT BY THE OBJ ADMINISTRATION, NOW WE HAVE
MANY THANKS TO THIS ADMINISTRATION THAT MEANS WELL FOR THE COMMON MAN.
FELLOW NIGERIANS, VOTE WISELY IN 2015. VOTE GOOD LUCK EBELE JONATHAN FOR
THE CONTINUITY OF OUR NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT. GOD BLESS NIGERIA, GOD
BLESS GEJ. GEJ TILL 2019 cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
[/quote] you are joking right?did GEJ build all these parks and reserve?
Re: Major Tourist Attractions In Nigeria by Enosa1(m): 9:00pm On Jul 08, 2014
otokx:

visit and let us know because it appears there is a lot of over hyping going on here.
Seriously it seems overhyped. I will go and see for myself.
Re: Major Tourist Attractions In Nigeria by vislabraye(m): 9:04pm On Jul 08, 2014
Its unfortunate that the recreational site has now become BH hideout.
Re: Major Tourist Attractions In Nigeria by Sagamite(m): 9:06pm On Jul 08, 2014
Relative to international tourist attractions, using the English football league system, Nigeria's tourist attraction is like Oxford United FC. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

These is not going to drag huge crowds of tourists. If we really want tourist to come to Nigeria, we should show them our slums and ghetto areas.
Re: Major Tourist Attractions In Nigeria by Enosa1(m): 9:07pm On Jul 08, 2014
Feraz: Kai!!! See money making avenues. Federal and State governments should put differences aside and revive these places to world class tourist centres to get big bucks for the country. Imagine latest modern facilities in these places. Awesome I tell you!

Btw, who can give me directions of getting to Okomu National Park from University of Benin? I need to visit this place after my exams. Thank you!
From ugbowo campus, enter a bus to textilemill junction-Ogida market axis. From there ask for cabs going to okomu
Re: Major Tourist Attractions In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jul 08, 2014
Nobleval: shocked hey! You're back! cheesy. Mehn this NL thing did a lotta damage. Welcome back Evegran...ah I see.You've been around for a while.
. Good to be back smiley
Re: Major Tourist Attractions In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jul 08, 2014
evegran: . Good to be back smiley
So are we getting a FOLLOW BACK?
Re: Major Tourist Attractions In Nigeria by Feraz(m): 9:51pm On Jul 08, 2014
Enosa1: From ugbowo campus, enter a bus to textilemill junction-Ogida market axis. From there ask for cabs going to okomu
Just like that? Was thinking I was gonna board about four to five buses! Thanks! Another question...how far is it from the school so I'll plan my time and any idea when it is best to visit; as in, when there'll be people there to spice things up?
Re: Major Tourist Attractions In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jul 08, 2014
Honeymoon spots.
Re: Major Tourist Attractions In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jul 08, 2014
misterrex:

Great insight.

Heard of it when I came to Akure for a wedding recently and now I'm planning on visiting the state for a short break.

Can anyone share more ideas of attractions in the state worth visiting? I understand Ikogosi (warm spring) is nearby and is a must visit.

Ikongosi is in Ekiti State, so close to my home town.
Re: Major Tourist Attractions In Nigeria by Enosa1(m): 10:16pm On Jul 08, 2014
Feraz: Just like that? Was thinking I was gonna board about four to five buses! Thanks! Another question...how far is it from the school so I'll plan my time and any idea when it is best to visit; as in, when there'll be people there to spice things up?
[quote author=Feraz]around 2hrs journey...I'm yet to visit d park, but have passed that route.
Re: Major Tourist Attractions In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jul 08, 2014
Nobleval: So are we getting a FOLLOW BACK?
done! Even tho I mostly follow folks who have their own pix on their profile.
Re: Major Tourist Attractions In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jul 08, 2014
evegran: done! Even tho I mostly follow folks who have their own pix on their profile.
aww...And whose pix do I have on my profile?
Re: Major Tourist Attractions In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jul 08, 2014
Nobleval: aww...And whose pix do I have on my profile?
oh now you wanna claim that's you huh? Cos I remember the first time I followed u back, u had a pic on ur profile and I asked if that was u and u said yes. U suddenly have two faces? Or you're just being fake? :s
Re: Major Tourist Attractions In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jul 08, 2014
evegran: oh now you wanna claim that's you huh? Cos I remember the first time I followed u back, u had a pic on ur profile and I asked if that was u and u said yes. U suddenly have two faces? Or you're just being fake? :s
Nah...on the contrary you've never asked me if the said pix is mine. Have you? So it's not like I'm being fake.
Re: Major Tourist Attractions In Nigeria by misterrex: 11:06pm On Jul 08, 2014
Catered4:

Ikongosi is in Ekiti State, so close to my home town.

Cool.

I wana visit idanre hills, ikogosi and erin ijesha (the three places i've picked up so far). any suggestions on how I could plan the logistrics of visiting all three places like hotels I could stay in during the visit and how easy transportation would be?
Re: Major Tourist Attractions In Nigeria by Revolva(m): 11:29pm On Jul 08, 2014
Tourist attraction where there is lot of insecurities....Boko Haram....bomb everywhere na who wan come see these attractions ..what a SHAME
Re: Major Tourist Attractions In Nigeria by Heyliesha(m): 1:25am On Jul 09, 2014
misterrex:

Great insight.

Heard of it when I came to Akure for a wedding recently and now I'm planning on visiting the state for a short break.

Can anyone share more ideas of attractions in the state worth visiting? I understand Ikogosi (warm spring) is nearby and is a must visit.
ikogosi is in Ekiti,its about 50minx drive from akure.
Re: Major Tourist Attractions In Nigeria by Heyliesha(m): 1:47am On Jul 09, 2014
misterrex:

Cool.

I wana visit idanre hills, ikogosi and erin ijesha (the three places i've picked up so far). any suggestions on how I could plan the logistrics of visiting all three places like hotels I could stay in during the visit and how easy transportation would be?
if you won't mind staying with a fAmily here in Ado,hotels price are ok tho.its just some minx drive to Ikogosi....cost of transport to ikogosi from ado (tru and fro)is #500 naira..
Re: Major Tourist Attractions In Nigeria by revelationuche: 3:26am On Jul 09, 2014
major one 4 new web 4 hosterz developers/advanture [img]http://www.hostsleek.com/clients/?aff=052[/img]
[img]http://www.?aff=580[/img]
[img]http://clients.utiware.net/?aff=595[/img]
Re: Major Tourist Attractions In Nigeria by hollypagan: 5:21am On Jul 09, 2014
we also have ogbunike cafe
Re: Major Tourist Attractions In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:54am On Jul 09, 2014
Nobleval: I've been to all of them. Nice places I must say.

Wow you've been to all?
embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners / 2 Persons Die In A Fatal Accident On Enugu-Port-Harcourt Express Road (Graphic) / Man, Wife, Sister Die In Bauchi Auto Crash While Returning Home After Voting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.