Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,759 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:46 PM

The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" - Properties (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" (65090 Views)

The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" / The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats / The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by FADEO: 1:05am On Apr 18, 2018
spyder880:
The foundation of the gate house.

Please whats the floor plan and dimension of this gate house.
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by spyder880(m): 6:57am On Apr 18, 2018
FADEO:

Please whats the floor plan and dimension of this gate house.

Roughly 3 meters x 4 meters. I measured it out and we started. It has no separate plans from the architect.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by KOMBE: 9:10pm On Nov 20, 2018
spyder880:
Spread some nylon sheets for damp proofing of the DPC.
Please can you give more details of this damp proof and how it works.
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by spyder880(m): 6:00am On Nov 21, 2018
KOMBE:
Please can you give more details of this damp proof and how it works.

In waterlogged lands and areas with a high water table, there's usually incidences of rising damp which sometimes affect floors and lower walls of a building, causing unending wetness which might peel the paints or build up algae on the lower walls.

A sheet of nylon is usually spread on the foundation top just before the cast of the mass concrete DPC, this will help to stop incidences of rising damp, by keeping capillary action (where water naturally surge to the top) at bay. Thanks.

4 Likes

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by Harryfrosh: 4:17pm On Nov 25, 2018
Wao... Really really impressive... I just went through this thread from page 1 to last... I'm really impressed with what saw here... Keep up your good work... More blessings and I will soon get to you concerning my own house

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by spyder880(m): 9:29pm On Nov 25, 2018
Harryfrosh:
Wao... Really really impressive... I just went through this thread from page 1 to last... I'm really impressed with what saw here... Keep up your good work... More blessings and I will soon get to you concerning my own house

Thank you Bro, I will be ready to work for you any day.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by KOMBE: 9:03pm On Nov 26, 2018
spyder880:

In waterlogged lands and areas with a high water table, there's usually incidences of rising damp which sometimes affect floors and lower walls of a building, causing unending wetness which might peel the paints or build up algae on the lower walls.

A sheet of nylon is usually spread on the foundation top just before the cast of the mass concrete DPC, this will help to stop incidences of rising damp, by keeping capillary action (where water naturally surge to the top) at bay. Thanks.

Thanks my brother.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by spyder880(m): 9:20am On Dec 25, 2018
I wish you all a Very Merry Christmas, and a prosperous New Year. May the Good LORD continue to bless you all, and protect all of us and our loved ones from now till forever, Amen.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Ten (10) Of The Richest And Wealthiest Neighborhoods In Nigeria / NCDMB: The Tallest Building In Bayelsa State (Photos, Video) / World's Loneliest House, Abandoned For Over 100 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.