Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,173 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:28 PM

The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" - Properties (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" (65011 Views)

The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" / The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats / The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by bolodre(m): 3:06pm On Oct 24, 2014
koman:
The color is called TRAFFIC BLACK,
FAN product but from a good corrugation company.

If your doing a project in PH and intend using metcoppo tiles, I'll suggest you buy from Vinal Aluminium.
They produced this particular tiles and the gauge is 0.45mm.
Dont use 0.45mm for your flashes pls,
0.55mm is best for the flashes cus it gives you a neat finish.

@koman . pls what is the roofing wood demand of this metcoppo compared to stone coated roofing sheets

And what's the price range for the wardrobes?
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by mufutau55(m): 3:44pm On Oct 24, 2014
spyder880:

I liked the contributions of that guy, after I understood him and enjoyed his inputs. I wish he is still around. cheesy

Agreed. I missed him too.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by koman: 9:16pm On Oct 24, 2014
FastShipping:

This is very nice. I still prefer the coffee black color to traffic black. I wouldn't mind any of the two colors. With the picture you uploaded, I don't see anything wrong using 0.45mm. It is now Metcoppo Step Tile for me or nothing. Finding the right company with the right machine to do the pressing is going to be the daunting task.

By the way, where did you get those Metcoppo roofing pictures?

I did the installation .

I run small firm that undertakes
# installation of roofing sheets
# aluminum windows
# wardrobes & cabinets
# Pvc ceiling installation and
# doors

1 Like

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by koman: 9:18pm On Oct 24, 2014
mufutau55:

You need to rotate your pictures before you break our necks... Fine furniture though.

Hajji M.

Sorry for bending your neck sir.
I've taken note.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by mufutau55(m): 9:29pm On Oct 24, 2014
koman:

I did the installation .

I run small firm that undertakes
# installation of roofing sheets
# aluminum windows
# wardrobes & cabinets
# Pvc ceiling installation and
# doors

Why don't you open a thread and show us some of your work.. I will surely be interested... I love to see building materials of all kinds.
And everything you mentioned above are the essentials requirements that we all need. Thanks.

Hajji M.

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by koman: 10:05pm On Oct 24, 2014
bolodre:

@koman . pls what is the roofing wood demand of this metcoppo compared to stone coated roofing sheets

From my observations, the stone coated tiles requires 3/4 extra quantity of wood from what is needed for woodwork of metcoppo tiles.

The reason for the extra quantity of wood is
1) stone tiles comes in small sheets ot 400 x1000mm , so it requires a spacing of 370mm between the pole lines while
Metcoppo requires a spacing of 400 - 460mm for good installation.

2) stone tiles are very heavy compared to aluminum sheets so it calls for more reenforcement,
Which means you need more wood for your tie beam, struts and king post to avoid lagging or sagging in the future.

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by koman: 10:10pm On Oct 24, 2014
mufutau55:

Why don't you open a thread and show us some of your work.. I will surely be interested... I love to see building materials of all kinds.
And everything you mentioned above are the essentials requirements that we all need. Thanks.

Hajji M.

I'll try and do that sir.
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by koman: 10:14pm On Oct 24, 2014
Oga spyder,
What's the advantage of having thunder arrestor round the building over having on top of the roof?

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by spyder880(m): 11:44pm On Oct 24, 2014
koman:
Oga spyder,
What's the advantage of having thunder arrestor round the building over having on top of the roof?

We don't have thunder arrestors around the building, what we call the thunder arrestor is the pointer which is usually mounted on the king post of the roof where it could protect the house. However we have other apparatus which when combined with the arrestor, will form the thunder protection mechanism.

These collection of items include

1. The earthing rod (as shown in your later pictures)

2. The copper tape (which connects the arrestor with the earthing rod below the surface)

3. The copper clips (which secures the copper tape to the wall as it runs from the roof into the ground)

4. A bag of salt

5. A bag of charcoal

All these will be used by trained technicians in a combination that will give the building protection against the negative effects of thunder strikes. I have also noticed the type they mount with wires attached to the earthing rod. I have not tested the efficiency of that system of doing it.
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by koman: 12:20am On Oct 25, 2014
bolodre:

As for the wardrobes, the price depends on the dimension, type of material & accessories to used.

Basically there are two types of boards that can be for this kind if wardrobe namely
# minimum density fibreboard (MDF) &
# high density fibreboard (HDF)

The two boards have the same finish and appeal when you look at it but HDF is stronger and more expensive. A sheet of mdf is sold between N4,700 & N5,000 while hdf is between N8,000 & N8,500 in PH.

The price range varies,
for a wardrobe of 1.8 x2.1m or 6 x 7"
Using mdf will cost 60k while
Hdf will cost 85k.

The sliding door comes at extra cost,
The same size of wardrobe will cost 110k.
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by koman: 12:32am On Oct 25, 2014
spyder880:

We don't have thunder arrestors around the building, what we call the thunder arrestor is the pointer which is usually mounted on the king post of the roof where it could protect the house. However we have other apparatus which when combined with the arrestor, will form the thunder protection mechanism.

These collection of items include

1. The earthing rod (as shown in your later pictures)

2. The copper tape (which connects the arrestor with the earthing rod below the surface)

3. The copper clips (which secures the copper tape to the wall as it runs from the roof into the ground)

4. A bag of salt

5. A bag of charcoal

All these will be used by trained technicians in a combination that will give the building protection against the negative effects of thunder strikes. I have also noticed the type they mount with wires attached to the earthing rod. I have not tested the efficiency of that system of doing it.

There's no arestor on top of this building, they buried them at the four conners of the building and they are connected with the yellow & green insulated copper cable.
I was at the site today to fix the windows and checked very well no arestor is mounted at the king post.
I wanted to ask the engineer the advantages but he left before I could ask.

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by Nobody: 5:48am On Oct 25, 2014
Nice job!
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by bolodre(m): 8:37am On Oct 25, 2014
@ koman. Thanks a lot. Will need ur contact when I get to tHat stage.
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by koman: 8:49am On Oct 25, 2014
bolodre:
@ koman. Thanks a lot. Will need ur contact when I get to tHat stage.

Will be glad to render services to you sir.
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by spyder880(m): 5:07pm On Oct 25, 2014
This house, has a very big compound. ...

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by spyder880(m): 5:11pm On Oct 25, 2014
And thats why its important we plan the landscaping of the compound to enhance uptimum use.....

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by spyder880(m): 5:16pm On Oct 25, 2014
These are some of the interlocking stones we are considering to use in this compound. ...... a new design made of a new mould. But how long this tine engraved designs will last is what I am thinking about.

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by ASL33: 5:32pm On Oct 25, 2014
spyder880:
This house, has a very big compound. ...
Please what is the price for pvc ceilling cladding per bundle and how many in a bundle. please i need a hint.
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by spyder880(m): 6:01pm On Oct 25, 2014
ASL33:
Please what is the price for pvc ceilling cladding per bundle and how many in a bundle. please i need a hint.

Depending on company producing it. China imports are always cheaper than Nigerian made. Some bundles contain 10 while some companies pack 15 sheets per bundle.
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by ASL33: 6:30pm On Oct 25, 2014
spyder880:

Depending on company producing it. China imports are always cheaper than Nigerian made. Some bundles contain 10 while some companies pack 15 sheets per bundle.
Thanks Bro which one is better Nigeria or China?
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by spyder880(m): 6:37pm On Oct 25, 2014
ASL33:

Nigeria. Thicker and more flexible.
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by chitown(m): 6:56pm On Oct 25, 2014
Hello spyder and esteemed nairalanders,
What is your view on stamped concrete floor? Does any one have any good design they can share? Am in the process of flooring my compound and am considering doing a concrete stamped floor.
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by mufutau55(m): 7:00pm On Oct 25, 2014
ASL33:

Try Nigerian made "Paragon Amoula Ventures" PVC. That is what I use and very good.
http://www.amoulaventuresltd.com/

Also installed by Aventures towards the end on this thread page.
https://www.nairaland.com/1809133/construction-tread-6-units-2/3

Hajji M.
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by Moses112: 9:19pm On Oct 25, 2014
Please Koman, hpw much is the metcopo per square meter? I am interested in using it for my project which is at the roofing stage now
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by koman: 7:10am On Oct 26, 2014
Moses112:
Please Koman, hpw much is the metcopo per square meter? I am interested in using it for my project which is at the roofing stage now

The average price between the corrugation companies I buy from is as follows:

0.45mm btw 1,350 -1,400 naira per metre square

0.55mm btm 1,550 - 1,600 naira per metre square

I'll advice you to use first aluminum NUT BROWN or TRAFFIC BLACK because years of usage has proven they can stand the test of time.
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by koman: 7:37am On Oct 26, 2014
Oga spyder,

Do you do or know someone that does ashphalting?

A client of mine wants to do it.

I'd also like to knw if there's any advantage of using ashphalt over interlock apart from the algae that grows on the interlock in some locations.
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by spyder880(m): 3:36pm On Oct 27, 2014
koman:
Oga spyder,

Do you do or know someone that does ashphalting?

A client of mine wants to do it.

I'd also like to knw if there's any advantage of using ashphalt over interlock apart from the algae that grows on the interlock in some locations.

I will ask around for a person and give you his contact.
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by spyder880(m): 3:45pm On Oct 27, 2014
Ladies and gentlemen, you will all agree with me that most major construction activities for this great building is almost completed. Since we are just left with the finer details of the finishing work, I think the time has come for us to stop the picture updates in this house until maybe when it is fully completed so we can just see the finished building from the outside only.

It has been quite an experience for me and my team, we enjoyed building this house with all the ups and downs that comes from building construction. We also learned a whole lot of lessons which will definitely come in handy in consequent projects.

We thank you all for your attention, patience, understanding and constructive feedback. It is all well appreciated. As we continue to discuss and maybe arrive at a cost later, I thank you all once again.
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by koman: 3:50pm On Oct 27, 2014
spyder880:

I will ask around for a person and give you his contact.

Ok sir, I will be waiting patiently.
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by mufutau55(m): 12:58am On Oct 28, 2014
spyder880:
Ladies and gentlemen, you will all agree with me that most major construction activities for this great building is almost completed. Since we are just left with the finer details of the finishing work, I think the time has come for us to stop the picture updates in this house until maybe when it is fully completed so we can just see the finished building from the outside only.

It has been quite an experience for me and my team, we enjoyed building this house with all the ups and downs that comes from building construction. We also learned a whole lot of lessons which will definitely come in handy in consequent projects.

We thank you all for your attention, patience, understanding and constructive feedback. It is all well appreciated. As we continue to discuss and maybe arrive at a cost later, I thank you all once again.

Damn! So we go miss all the tiles and the luxurious doors etc. installations... Anyway sha! na the Client get power pass.
I am sure we have learnt a great deal from this project like other ones too.. Thank you for the time.

Hajji M.
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by jodeci01: 6:41pm On Oct 28, 2014
@koman, kindly send contact details of Artisan who made wardrobes for you . Thanks
Jojibade01@yahoo.com
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by Moses112: 9:25pm On Oct 28, 2014
koman:

The average price between the corrugation companies I buy from is as follows:

0.45mm btw 1,350 -1,400 naira per metre square

0.55mm btm 1,550 - 1,600 naira per metre square

I'll advice you to use first aluminum NUT BROWN or TRAFFIC BLACK because years of usage has proven they can stand the test of time.

Thank you for the response. My project is in Ogun State and I will look around to see if I can get the product from first aluminium

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

UK Tenant Moves Out From House, Leaving 5,000 Beer Cans Filled With Urine( Pix) / Ten (10) Of The Richest And Wealthiest Neighborhoods In Nigeria / NCDMB: The Tallest Building In Bayelsa State (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.