Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,693 members, 7,809,621 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:03 PM

The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" - Properties (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" (65006 Views)

The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" / The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats / The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by koman: 9:53pm On Oct 28, 2014
jodeci01:
@koman, kindly send contact details of Artisan who made wardrobes for you . Thanks
Jojibade01@yahoo.com

Oga mi,
That's one of the things I do.
I'll send you my contract.
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by jodeci01: 10:53am On Oct 29, 2014
Cool, no problem!
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by spyder880(m): 2:52pm On Nov 04, 2014
Of course I heard the information late like many people, up to 12 hours after it made it into the dailies that business mogul, Alhaji Aliko Dangote is about to slash cement prices by up to 40%. I got quite a number of calls from friends and readers of many of my articles on the supposed impact of this news in the building industry. My perspective on the whole thing are to be listed down in my points below;

1. How soon are we going to start buying cement for N1000.00?

I quickly called some of my heavy dealers in Dangote cement and questioned them about this, they said the company asked them yesterday to wait till 2 weeks so they could exhaust the old stock of cement before buying the new batch with lowered costs.

2. How much will you be selling the cement to us the unit consumers?

When I asked them this question, they were of the opinion that since they are supposed to be buying from Dangote at N1000.00 advertised, they will add their offloading charges and profit to the price, which means that you and me might be buying cement for between N1,100-N1,200, depending on your location.

3. Is this new cement exactly the same with the ones in the shops now?

They said its not! They said this cement will be of the 32.5 capacity, instead of the 42.5 in circulation now. Meaning that there is a possibility that this new cement coming in might not be as strong as the ones we are using now.

4. Will this mean that construction costs will fall overall?

Well it needs to be seen first, how much the prices will drop to and how the quality might turn out to be. If the fall is drastic and supplies constant, it might well ease off on project costs and benefit builders and home owners alike. It has the capacity to bring a construction boom if well managed.

5. What impact will this have on the other cement manufacturers and importers?

Do you that there is some news in the grapevine about the real reasons for the price drop being as a result of intense competition and a need to command more market share among cement producers? In this case the competition is expected to react, either reduce prices as well or increase quality, or even drop supplies, creating a heavy scarcity since Dangote is expected to flooded with a deluge of orders. What happens next? Another price increase to scare off surplus demands. Competition is unpredictable.

6. Will it affect the cost of rents, will landlords reduce rents?

That is like wishing for too much, since we have not even seen the reduction, but however there are other factors in construction which needs to drop before rents can drop. What about land costs and illegal fees? What about rods, sand, granite and labour costs, will they all soft-pedal like Dangote?

7. Does this have political undertones, especially ahead of 2015 general elections?

Don't put me in trouble, I don't know! grin

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by Chekitaut: 9:44pm On Nov 04, 2014
spyder880:
Of course I heard the information late like many people, up to 12 hours after it made it into the dailies that business mogul, Alhaji Aliko Dangote is about to slash cement prices by up to 40%. I got quite a number of calls from friends and readers of many of my articles on the supposed impact of this news in the building industry. My perspective on the whole thing are to be listed down in my points below;

1. How soon are we going to start buying cement for N1000.00?

I quickly called some of my heavy dealers in Dangote cement and questioned them about this, they said the company asked them yesterday to wait till 2 weeks so they could exhaust the old stock of cement before buying the new batch with lowered costs.

2. How much will you be selling the cement to us the unit consumers?

When I asked them this question, they were of the opinion that since they are supposed to be buying from Dangote at N1000.00 advertised, they will add their offloading charges and profit to the price, which means that you and me might be buying cement for between N1,100-N1,200, depending on your location.

3. Is this new cement exactly the same with the ones in the shops now?

They said its not! They said this cement will be of the 32.5 capacity, instead of the 42.5 in circulation now. Meaning that there is a possibility that this new cement coming in might not be as strong as the ones we are using now.

4. Will this mean that construction costs will fall overall?

Well it needs to be seen first, how much the prices will drop to and how the quality might turn out to be. If the fall is drastic and supplies constant, it might well ease off on project costs and benefit builders and home owners alike. It has the capacity to bring a construction boom if well managed.

5. What impact will this have on the other cement manufacturers and importers?

Do you that there is some news in the grapevine about the real reasons for the price drop being as a result of intense competition and a need to command more market share among cement producers? In this case the competition is expected to react, either reduce prices as well or increase quality, or even drop supplies, creating a heavy scarcity since Dangote is expected to flooded with a deluge of orders. What happens next? Another price increase to scare off surplus demands. Competition is unpredictable.

6. Will it affect the cost of rents, will landlords reduce rents?

That is like wishing for too much, since we have not even seen the reduction, but however there are other factors in construction which needs to drop before rents can drop. What about land costs and illegal fees? What about rods, sand, granite and labour costs, will they all soft-pedal like Dangote?

7. Does this have political undertones, especially ahead of 2015 general elections?

Don't put me in trouble, I don't know! grin
Basically on your No 2.
Dangote announce 1,000 and 1,150 for Grade 32.5 and 42.5 respectively also understanding that the price is excluding Vat 5% Hence from Dangote is 1,050 and 1,207.5 add N50 Agent or Dealer margin, N20 Offloading, N100Transport.

Point 2. Dangote can not determine the endpoint price, reason the principal of Demand and Supplies and also the capitalistic system of Nigeria, No price control e.t.c.

Therefore, we still look for other manufacturer to follow suit to enable a real Change we cry for.

i must confess Cement can be sold for N600/Bag and manufacturer still laugh to the Bank, Grade 82.5Cement from China landing cost to Apapa is N470/50KG. China is with such high Grade due to Natural Disaster being trouble with.
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by spyder880(m): 9:07am On Nov 15, 2014
Some suggested colour designs for the painting of this house.

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by spyder880(m): 9:08am On Nov 15, 2014
More

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by spyder880(m): 9:11am On Nov 15, 2014
Have a great weekend everyone, no matter what you are doing this weekend, make sure you enjoy yourself thoroughly cheesy grin You deserve it after a hard, long week of work. grin
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by koman: 9:45pm On Nov 15, 2014
spyder880:
Have a great weekend everyone, no matter what you are doing this weekend, make sure you enjoy yourself thoroughly cheesy grin You deserve it after a hard, long week of work. grin

I will definitely heed to your advice and expect you to do same. grin
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by FastShipping: 9:54pm On Nov 15, 2014
Chekitaut:
Basically on your No 2.
Dangote announce 1,000 and 1,150 for Grade 32.5 and 42.5 respectively also understanding that the price is excluding Vat 5% Hence from Dangote is 1,050 and 1,207.5 add N50 Agent or Dealer margin, N20 Offloading, N100Transport.

Point 2. Dangote can not determine the endpoint price, reason the principal of Demand and Supplies and also the capitalistic system of Nigeria, No price control e.t.c.

Therefore, we still look for other manufacturer to follow suit to enable a real Change we cry for.

i must confess Cement can be sold for N600/Bag and manufacturer still laugh to the Bank, Grade 82.5Cement from China landing cost to Apapa is N470/50KG. China is with such high Grade due to Natural Disaster being trouble with.

@Spyder and Chkitaut

Where can we buy the Grade 82.5 Cement in Lagos? What is the brand name?
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by Chekitaut: 10:26pm On Nov 15, 2014
FastShipping:

@Spyder and Chkitaut

Where can we buy the Grade 82.5 Cement in Lagos? What is the brand name?
You cant find that in Nigeria Bro...Our government bad o!!
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by enrilove12: 3:16am On Dec 11, 2014
Good day, please how much does each of these designs cost per pieces material and labour...thanks

spyder880:
Lovely windows, fresh breeze cheesy

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by spyder880(m): 7:44am On Dec 11, 2014
enrilove12:
Good day, please how much does each of these designs cost per pieces material and labour...thanks

it is always difficult to get the unit prices, these are some of the items we price for in bulk and make them on site. A conservative estimate will be about N500 for one.
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by enrilove12: 12:39am On Dec 12, 2014
Exactly what i needed...thanks

spyder880:

it is always difficult to get the unit prices, these are some of the items we price for in bulk and make them on site. A conservative estimate will be about N500 for one.
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by spyder880(m): 5:54am On Dec 25, 2014
Hello friends, 
It is my pleasure to find time to communicate with you all, and to review our activities in the last 12 months. We have been interacting here all year long in peace and harmony, and that's why I feel its good to provide you all with a round up of all our various projects and ventures which we worked on in the outgoing year, 2014. 

It was a very eventful year, and incidentally my first full year working as a building contractor. We crafted houses and structures in various parts of the country. On my part, I will say it was very fulfilling, because for the first time I felt I am doing what I am well suited for, building houses. I also hope you enjoyed the journey and details as we moved from state to state, site to site, task to task.

We built houses in 3 states of the federation in 2014, we built 6 houses in Enugu state, 3 houses in Rivers State and 1 house in Imo State. Altogether, we built a total of 10 houses in 2014, all the houses, with the exception of two houses in Enugu state are all online here and owned by members of this Nairaland. The remaining 2 houses belongs to private individuals in Enugu who saw what I was doing on the ground and contacted me to build their houses. All the houses are in their finish stages, expect for the luxury flats we are working to get to the roof in Port Harcourt. 

My passion has always been to build houses, and I enjoy what I do. But of course life will never move on a straight and level plane. We experienced a fair share of challenges as we worked in some of the projects in 2014. Some of the problems were as a result of natural occurrences, some from bad workmanship, by some of our workers while the rest was as a result of weak supervision on the part of men I placed in positions of authority in the periods I might be out of the site. 

There were a few desperate situations, some small errors and some not too small work failures. In all, we reacted in good time to either arrest the situation or totally reverse the errors. It is our belief that we came out stronger from every challenge, and we learnt a lesson or two in the process. We also took steps to forestall a future occurrence. I have had to tinker with my team many times, dropping workers whom I found out were not entirely honest, or just refused to learn. I have also added to my team, more men I think they understand my needs, and share my values and aspirations. The improvements to our work are obvious, I have also taken steps to reduce the number of projects I accept in any time, I will like to complete some projects before starting another one. 

I can also recall some wonderful results, some high quality jobs which we all agreed came out top class. There are some houses which I can smile about whenever I am passing the area, buildings which I can point at with pride and satisfaction. For those projects, I also learnt a lot from them, and will put the lessons to use in the coming year.

2014 also marked a change in my approach to the housing sector, I added another branch to my housing business, estate management. I initiated a move to develop 100 plots of land in a remote community in Enugu East LGA. The properties are on sale to interested members of the public, I am acquiring the lands with my registered company name, Tigerkenn Homes Nig LTD. We have sold over 20 plots of land and are still collecting deposits from interested investors, in and out of nairaland. 

We have offers for home building next year, we are finalising some deals on the projects we are going to start by next year 2015. We have a new duplex project planned for Port Harcourt, a super renovation work planned in Anambra , our new estate works in Enugu will also take off in the first quarter of 2015. We are already poised to give the estate a good lift, with a view to developing the place so the area can appreciate. It will be a very busy year, but we are up to the task as usual. We want to deliver more quality and less quantity. 

I am using this opportunity to thank you all, especially my clients, for your steadfastness, your trust and belief in us. I have never met many of you in person, only phone calls and emails, and yet we relate like brothers and sisters. Please forgive us if there are things we did not do very well in 2014, we are only human, and we will continue to improve in all respects. We promise you lower costs and higher quality projects. We appreciate you, may GOD himself bless you all.

For all my workers, you are the best, we may fight and quarrel, for all the misunderstanding and all the harsh words, for the shouting matches and corrective actions, please forgive and forget, its not a personal thing, we must do these to improve our work so we can impress our clients. 

For all our suppliers, we thank you for your timely and not too timely deliveries, but please serve us better next year and don't connive with cement sellers to rip us off.

For all my friends and readers, na una be the real Oga, the people I am really serving. I promise more action next year, lets do it again in 2015!

There is a possibility that my phone might not be connecting in the next few days till the end of this year. I plan to travel to my village in Nomeh Unateze in Nkanu East LGA in Enugu state with my family for this Christmas festivities, my village usually has very poor MTN network coverage. We are supposed to travel later this morning and I might be in the village till the new year, with one or two visits to some sites in between.

This is an opportunity to spend some time with my wife and children, visit the farm, go fishing in the village stream, prepare village foods and attend village meetings. 

In case anyone wants to contact me, please send me a text message on my normal line 08033350750 or send a mail to ckenneths@yahoo.co.uk, I will be checking from time to time.

Merry Christmas to you all, we thank you all. 

PERFECTION IS OUR GOAL, EXCELLENCE WILL BE TOLERATED.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by Nobody: 10:23am On Jul 14, 2015

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by donbuchi1(m): 5:27pm On Sep 11, 2015
weldone
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by spyder880(m): 5:12am On Oct 21, 2015
final pictures.........

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by Empiree: 12:10pm On Oct 21, 2015
^ Geez. This is beautiful. I remember following this thread. No update since last year. I thought it was dead. Thank God for the owner. I wish we could get final pix of "The Port Harcourt mansion" as well. That beautiful house.

This house really cute. I expected to see this curve. Is it missing?

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by bugmenot: 8:01pm On Oct 21, 2015

Lovely!

Congratulations to you for a job well done and to the owner for a successful project. More grease to your elbows.

Are you able to share total cost?

spyder880:
final pictures.........
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by mufutau55(m): 9:30pm On Oct 21, 2015
spyder880:
final pictures.........

Lovely finish... You should be showing us all your finished products like this every time o.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by Empiree: 9:47pm On Oct 21, 2015
^ 2nded
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by spyder880(m): 12:16am On Jan 01, 2016
[b]I don't know where to start, but I want to use this opportunity to thank all my esteemed readers, friends and partners here for all their support, prayers and encouragement throughout the year 2015. I must tell you all that I am still amazed by the confidence you repose in us. We also want to assure you all that we will do everything within our power to remain as transparent as possible, to deliver more buildings with precision and timeliness, to communicate with openness and speed, to improve on the overall quality of our product offerings, and finally to invest your funds in very safe and profitable ventures.

May 2016 be a year we all can spread our wings and fly high, soaring so high that everyone that knows us will marvel at the grace of GOD on our individual lives. May good health, prosperity and safety continue to pursue you all, may your lives continue to be a testimony to GOD.

Once again, we thank you all for all your support in 2015. Merci! Danke! Obrigado! xie xie! shukran! grazie! gracias! cheesy grin grin

PERFECTION IS OUR GOAL, EXCELLENCE WILL BE TOLERATED
.[/b]

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by Henrymorhe: 8:07pm On Jan 10, 2016
https://m.facebook.com/henrymorhe8961/ am Henrymorhe. am into windowhood designs and pop.ceiling contact me +2347033173786
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by esoorita: 12:17am On Jan 22, 2016
spyder880:
final pictures.........
I'm mesmerised by the impeccable finishing you exhibited with the Port Harcourt mansion. It's exceedingly elegant and flawless. More grease to your elbow Mr Spyder. In my books, you are the number one builder on Nairaland. Continue to shine buddy.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by spyder880(m): 7:35am On Jan 22, 2016
esoorita:

I'm mesmerised by the impeccable finishing you exhibited with the Port Harcourt mansion. It's exceedingly elegant and flawless. More grease to your elbow Mr Spyder. In my books, you are the number one builder on Nairaland. Continue to shine buddy.

Thank you, we always try to improve everyday. Our best is yet to come. Thank you once again.
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by Chekitaut: 2:45am On Jan 23, 2016
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by FADEO: 7:26am On Nov 10, 2017
spyder880:
More details. ......

Oga spyder

Please what is the the depth and total height of this casting of the base of this water tank stand. and what depth and height of the casting for a water tank stand of 18ft height. please i will appreciate your response.

FADEO
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by Hollasmall: 6:25pm On Feb 03, 2018
My oga, what the size of the land?
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by spyder880(m): 9:52am On Feb 04, 2018
Hollasmall:
My oga, what the size of the land?

50 x 100. But if you want more compound space, get a bigger land.
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by FADEO: 5:08am On Feb 07, 2018
spyder, please can I have you contact sir...... so we can relate on a project
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by spyder880(m): 7:40am On Feb 07, 2018
FADEO:
spyder, please can I have you contact sir...... so we can relate on a project

You can reach me on 0803 335 0750 (voice and WhatsApp)

Thanks.
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by nkwere: 12:03pm On Mar 17, 2018
[quote author=Moses112 post=27452841]Please Koman, hpw much is the metcopo per square meter? I am interested in using it for my project which is at the roofing stage now[/quoth Hallo

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

UK Tenant Moves Out From House, Leaving 5,000 Beer Cans Filled With Urine( Pix) / Ten (10) Of The Richest And Wealthiest Neighborhoods In Nigeria / NCDMB: The Tallest Building In Bayelsa State (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.