Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,662 members, 7,955,394 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:08 AM

The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" - Properties (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" (66023 Views)

The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" / The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats / The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by spyder880(m): 8:43am On Jul 29, 2014
More.

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by spyder880(m): 8:49am On Jul 29, 2014
The front area.

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by spyder880(m): 8:51am On Jul 29, 2014
We are also speeding along nicely on the gate house side.

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by spyder880(m): 9:20am On Jul 29, 2014
If you noticed the way we arranged the walls, the holes on the blocks are to face the road and the back of the house, to reduce the risk of noise and air pollution that might come from the generating set under the gate house.

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by spyder880(m): 9:22am On Jul 29, 2014
Overhead tank stand.
Electrical boards.

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by spyder880(m): 10:01am On Jul 29, 2014
From the outside,

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by mufutau55(m): 3:10pm On Jul 29, 2014
spyder880: Overhead tank stand.

Oga Spyder, can you please show the top of this water tank stand...
Thank you.

Hajji M.
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by mufutau55(m): 3:11pm On Jul 29, 2014
spyder880: We are also speeding along nicely on the gate house side.

Gate house? Why the perforations?

Sorry Spyder.. Got it... the Generator House on the lower floor. Just re-read one of your message above.
Thanks.

Hajji M.
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by spyder880(m): 3:36pm On Jul 30, 2014
Continuation of the reinforcement

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by spyder880(m): 3:37pm On Jul 30, 2014
Closer.

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by spyder880(m): 3:39pm On Jul 30, 2014
This house is so big that you can fold my entire duplex into the car porch cheesy

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by spyder880(m): 3:42pm On Jul 30, 2014
mufutau55:

Oga Spyder, can you please show the top of this water tank stand...
Thank you.

Hajji M.

If I no show am for you, who else but my Oga at the top cheesy

The whole height.

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by spyder880(m): 3:44pm On Jul 30, 2014
Let's start to cast the parapet fascia.

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by spyder880(m): 3:47pm On Jul 30, 2014
More. .

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by spyder880(m): 3:49pm On Jul 30, 2014
The lintels and columns of this gate house, all done.

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by spyder880(m): 3:51pm On Jul 30, 2014
Height of the tank stand, as compared to the height of the house.

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by mufutau55(m): 4:45pm On Jul 30, 2014
spyder880:
The whole height.

Thank you sir. This is different from the ones you normally make..
How many tanks will be on this one?.. And will they use woods for the bottom to put the tanks?

Hajji M.
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by Jamesqu(m): 2:31am On Jul 31, 2014
If you noticed the way we arranged the walls, the holes on the blocks are to face the road and the back of the house, to reduce the risk of noise and air pollution that might come from the generating set under the gate house.

Please correct me if I am wrong...are you saying the gate house will be on top of the generator house?

If so...don't you think the carbon monoxide fumes will kill the gateman? Remember carbon monoxide makes you fall asleep and you die from there...there are cases aplenty of these deaths all over the country...please rethink the location of the gate man house.

If not...keep calm and carry go!

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by spyder880(m): 6:30am On Jul 31, 2014
Jamesqu: If you noticed the way we arranged the walls, the holes on the blocks are to face the road and the back of the house, to reduce the risk of noise and air pollution that might come from the generating set under the gate house.

Please correct me if I am wrong...are you saying the gate house will be on top of the generator house?

If so...don't you think the carbon monoxide fumes will kill the gateman? Remember carbon monoxide makes you fall asleep and you die from there...there are cases aplenty of these deaths all over the country...please rethink the location of the gate man house.

If not...keep calm and carry go!

Welcome James, carbon monoxide poisoning happens where the fumes from the generating source has no way of assimilation into the open air in the environment, like in a confined space where the fumes cannot escape easily. This is more reason why we are creating enough holes on two sides of the house, top to bottom, this will aid more ventilation and air circulation, thereby avoiding the build up of smoke that might be poisonous.

Also consider the position of the gate house, right on top, there is no way the fumes could build up easily inside the gate house because the breeze in the environment will always spread it into the atmosphere.

If you notice, most of the cases of carbon monoxide poisoning we have experienced are from buildings on the ground floor, below the fence level where ventilation is poor.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by Onuokwu: 8:24am On Jul 31, 2014
spyder880:

The whole height.

I noticed that the tank stand is higher than the building itself and this is also the case in some houses i have seen. Is there any advantage in having it this way? Why not leave it at the same level with the house?
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by kostadinis: 11:41am On Jul 31, 2014
spyder880:

Welcome James, carbon monoxide poisoning happens where the fumes from the generating source has no way of assimilation into the open air in the environment, like in a confined space where the fumes cannot escape easily. This is more reason why we are creating enough holes on two sides of the house, top to bottom, this will aid more ventilation and air circulation, thereby avoiding the build up of smoke that might be poisonous.

Also consider the position of the gate house, right on top, there is no way the fumes could build up easily inside the gate house because the breeze in the environment will always spread it into the atmosphere.

If you notice, most of the cases of carbon monoxide poisoning we have experienced are from buildings on the ground floor, below the fence level where ventilation is poor.

Mr. Chairman, I wish this Generator House was constructed away from the Gate house. Anyone living and workng directly on top of a structure housing a heavy duty generator will likely have a consderable exposure to the soot and gases. And we must not under estimate the measure of havoc the exposure could wreck.

Even in the remotest scenario, road users, workers and residents of industrial cities are known to develop serious health problems from fumes. I'm also not sure whether the danger to exposure has anything to do wth height (ground or upper floor)as the substances are airborne. I'll advice you think about it again.

I don't know what's going on here....I log in but have problem posting my comments undecided
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by spyder880(m): 1:09pm On Jul 31, 2014
kostadinis:

Mr. Chairman, I wish this Generator House was constructed away from the Gate house. Anyone living and workng directly on top of a structure housing a heavy duty generator will likely have a consderable exposure to the soot and gases. And we must not under estimate the measure of havoc the exposure could wreck.

Even in the remotest scenario, road users, workers and residents of industrial cities are known to develop serious health problems from fumes. I'm also not sure whether the danger to exposure has anything to do wth height (ground or upper floor)as the substances are airborne. I'll advice you think about it again.

I don't know what's going on here....I log in but have problem posting my comments undecided

Generators have exhaust pipes, which could be positioned to channel exhaust fumes where we want it, even outside the house completely. The gate man will not be exposed more than any other person in the whole compound/road users.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by spyder880(m): 4:09pm On Jul 31, 2014
The gate house is now ready for the decking slab.

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by Fhemmmy: 4:12pm On Jul 31, 2014
spyder880: The gate house is now ready for the decking slab.

I am assuming that the security to reside in the gatehouse will be on the first floor, what would be in the perforated main floor of the gate house please for it to be perforated as such?
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by mufutau55(m): 4:20pm On Jul 31, 2014
Fhemmmy:
I am assuming that the security to reside in the gatehouse will be on the first floor, what would be in the perforated main floor of the gate house please for it to be perforated as such?

Electric Generator.

Hajji M.
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by spyder880(m): 4:41pm On Jul 31, 2014
Casting continues ,

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by spyder880(m): 4:45pm On Jul 31, 2014
Our roofing wall plates will sit between the iron ropes, to be tied firmly as the whole roofing wood rests on it.

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by spyder880(m): 4:46pm On Jul 31, 2014
Still casting

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by spyder880(m): 4:49pm On Jul 31, 2014
We have almost completed the work on the parapet fascia. Roofing will start first thing Monday morning.

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by spyder880(m): 4:52pm On Jul 31, 2014
The staircase from the top.

Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by Fhemmmy: 5:27pm On Jul 31, 2014
mufutau55:

Electric Generator.

Hajji M.

Is that safe though for the guy above it? and what is the idea behind the man residing at the gate and above the ground level, is it secured? just would like to know cos i ave seen few like that and i wonder what is the idea behind such..... i could understand they wanna use one stone kill 2 birds but is there any downside to it?
Re: The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" by Fhemmmy: 5:30pm On Jul 31, 2014
spyder880:

Welcome James, carbon monoxide poisoning happens where the fumes from the generating source has no way of assimilation into the open air in the environment, like in a confined space where the fumes cannot escape easily... This is more reason why we are creating enough holes on two sides of the house, top to bottom, this will aid more ventilation and air circulation, thereby avoiding the build up of smoke that might be poisonous.

No matter those holes, i am not sure it is a great idea oh, i will never allow my enemy to reside in such, it is too dangerous, anything could happen and besides, what happen if something happen and the generator caught fire?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (21) (Reply)

only at peanut prices / Affordable 3 Bedroom Bungalow For Nairalanders (modern) Call 07035596641 / Cost Of Putting Tiles In My Apart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.