Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,425 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:22 AM

Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here - Agriculture (79) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here (482600 Views)

World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano / Intending And First-time Farmers: Lets Meet Here / Kaduna State Farmers Lets Meet Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (122) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by eldest(m): 6:36pm On Jan 29, 2018
Yes we have 50 weaners, 25 sows and 30 growers available for sale. Contact me on 08063535050
vickifeanyi47:

Do you have weaners for sale and how much. thanks
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by eromosele1986: 7:52pm On Jan 29, 2018
I guess you have to provide shed in it, in case it's raining or against sun
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by adeyinkapiggs: 7:58pm On Jan 29, 2018
Hello farmers, i have different kinds of breeds in my farm at affordable rate, such as large white, landrace, poland china, camborough, america yorkshire, large black. Also i have them in different stage like pregnant sow, about to cross , growers, weaners.. call/visit my farm for more enquiries and consultation 08172727350. Adeyinka
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by eromosele1986: 8:20pm On Jan 29, 2018
femu:

I have implemented such system on my farm which has helped save housing, labour and feed costs.

Videos below tell it a bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7foPSaNRvpo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNDgU9jO3ms

Did u provide any form of shelter, like shed incase is raining or sunning.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by GoogleSpring: 9:31pm On Jan 29, 2018
Okay @abeyyskyne, i am interested in buying; so can i get your number and location pls OR U can contact me on 08065531020. thanks

abeyyskyne:

I will have her offsprings available for sale by the end of Jan, 2018.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Huskyfrancis(m): 10:18am On Jan 31, 2018
I need good pen with water in a safe location in Ilesa or Osogbo environment. Most preferably in Ilesa to rent.

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by femu(m): 8:31am On Feb 01, 2018
eromosele1986:

Did u provide any form of shelter, like shed incase is raining or sunning.

Yes they have a perfect environment
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by money4god: 3:56am On Feb 03, 2018
Hello nairalanders, I need a good parcel of land to buy around Ota axis for Piggery.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by niyiolamide1: 12:28pm On Feb 08, 2018
I have affordable easy to install pig tip drinkers for sale.
Contact me on 07062408157

1 Like

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by ochosco: 7:01pm On Feb 11, 2018
Hello house. I'm a newbie in this business. Pls can anyone confirm the use of bird waste to compound pig feed? I hear it is good but i'm sceptical using it.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Farmafric(m): 8:22pm On Feb 11, 2018
Drinking from Ni:pple is more convenient for ur pigs than the acient ways of drinking from bowl and it prevents water wastage.
Contact FarmerGaint Nig Ltd for your imported Pig Ni:pple drinkers and every other imported poultry equipments.
(Note: we sale in a very affordable prices *wholesales price*)
For inquiries, click on the website below and contact us on : 08074349597.

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by mikebabs101: 4:05am On Feb 12, 2018
pls add to the whatsapp or telegram group , my number whatsapp number is 08063133090
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Babatiise(m): 8:55pm On Feb 13, 2018
Plsssss add me to the group, wassap nos-- _08027753748 thank you
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by BoluwGoldenFarm(m): 8:42am On Feb 17, 2018
6 rooms plus extra space for expansion class we to riverside for sale in ijokodo axis of Ibadan

3 pig pens for rent in ijokodo axis Ibadan

Call & whatsApp 08120528950

Castrated weaners, inpigs, about to cross gilts & very sharp males are all available for sale
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by mikebabs101: 10:58am On Feb 17, 2018
pls add to the group, 08063133090
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by kareem257: 1:42pm On Feb 17, 2018
please add to whatsapp group- 08054846617
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by ibori1(m): 1:55pm On Feb 17, 2018
lagbaja:
I am into pig farming. Pig farming is one of the most lucrative arms of animal farming. Pigs are highly prolific, giving birth to an average of 10 piglets per farrow. Typically a pig farrows 2.5 times in a year. So in a year, a pig can give birth to about 25 piglets.

The biggest variable cost component in pig farming is feed cost. It accounts for about 70% of the total cost. Your ability to source your feed in a manner that is most cost effective is your success determinant. Typically, pigs have FCR in the range between 2 and 4 depending on the breed and on the feed formulation. FCR means feed conversion ratio. It is a measure of how much kg of feed an animal will eat to produce 1kg of live weight.

This the is formula I adopt for my pigs (Modified for Amino Acid Balancing)

50% of cassava ( I buy them Fresh, break them into chips, dry and store them)
30% pkc
10% GNC( groundnut meal) or SBM (soyabean meal)
6% blood meal
2.5%. Oyster shell/bone meal/ lime stone
0.25% lysine
0.25% methionine
0.5% salt
0.25% premix
0.03% (3g per 1kg bakers Yeast) ( probiotic)
0.1% H-Plus from Animalcare

The above feed formulation will cost you about N30 per kilo. 1kg of live pig is sold for between N280 and N300. If your pig consumes 3kg of feed to give 1 kg of meat, It means that it will cost you N90 to produce 1kg of live weight. Therefore you make a gross margin of N300 - N90= N210.

The other component of pig farming that is capital intensive is their housing. Pig housing has to be properly planed according to the number of pigs you intend to grow. You need to decide whether you want to do batch (all in all out) or continuos pig production (first in first out).

The biggest pig farm in west Africa is at oke aro , Agege. Another one is at Gberigbe Ikorodu. Accomodation costs at this locations are very high. I will advice you to site your pig pen close to where you can get cheap land and source raw materials at low price. Eg cassava plantations.

Technology application will greatly hep you in your pig farming. Fr example using, pig ni.ppl.es (see picture below) will ensure that you deliver constant and clean water to your pigs , it will also reduce labor requirements. You also need to construct a manure allay within your pig house so that when they poo poo, you can flush it away via the manure allay ( the manure allay is like a gutter).

pls wer can 1 get some of did food mixture
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by ibori1(m): 2:04pm On Feb 17, 2018
ops:
No prb. We are all here to learn.
What questions do u have so that som1 can answer and every1 benefit?
Some of the issues you should take of are;
1. Location; somewhere you can comfortably rear pigs without people complaining. Also, consider feed source and adequate water.
2. Construction; size of rooms with feed & water throughs. Don't forget waste outlet too.
3. Stock; buying your weaners/ growers
4.Care; Feeding & cleaning of ur pigs. Also, in the beginning you might need the services of a vet for consultancy (or if you have an experienced hand close by u can take advantage of that) till u r comfortable administering d different injections by yourself.
5. Market; this is prbly the most important but its not much of a problem.As of now, the demand for live pigs exceeds the supply so no worries on that count. Just don't forget that the prices are more or less fixed so b cost consious.

what kind of injection
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by swankylay(m): 8:44am On Feb 21, 2018
dammike:

Pig Farmers

Good day great farmer

If you are need of local made PKC at cheaper rate and large quantity
Also in need of Palm kernel sludge

And also Palm kernel Oil

How much /kg
Where in Osogbo?

Contact me on 08060458479 call and whatsapp.

You can come pick up or we supply you.

Location is Osogbo, Osun State, Nigeria.

How much per kg?
Where in Osogbo
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by ChrysoliteHaven: 11:14am On Feb 21, 2018
Hello all, Big Pigs for sale at Chrysolite Haven at affordable price. Please contact us: 09025589996 / Whatsapp:09052288627. Location is Oke Aro, Lagos, Nigeria

lagbaja:
I am into pig farming. Pig farming is one of the most lucrative arms of animal farming. Pigs are highly prolific, giving birth to an average of 10 piglets per farrow. Typically a pig farrows 2.5 times in a year. So in a year, a pig can give birth to about 25 piglets.

The biggest variable cost component in pig farming is feed cost. It accounts for about 70% of the total cost. Your ability to source your feed in a manner that is most cost effective is your success determinant. Typically, pigs have FCR in the range between 2 and 4 depending on the breed and on the feed formulation. FCR means feed conversion ratio. It is a measure of how much kg of feed an animal will eat to produce 1kg of live weight.

This the is formula I adopt for my pigs (Modified for Amino Acid Balancing)

50% of cassava ( I buy them Fresh, break them into chips, dry and store them)
30% pkc
10% GNC( groundnut meal) or SBM (soyabean meal)
6% blood meal
2.5%. Oyster shell/bone meal/ lime stone
0.25% lysine
0.25% methionine
0.5% salt
0.25% premix
0.03% (3g per 1kg bakers Yeast) ( probiotic)
0.1% H-Plus from Animalcare

The above feed formulation will cost you about N30 per kilo. 1kg of live pig is sold for between N280 and N300. If your pig consumes 3kg of feed to give 1 kg of meat, It means that it will cost you N90 to produce 1kg of live weight. Therefore you make a gross margin of N300 - N90= N210.

The other component of pig farming that is capital intensive is their housing. Pig housing has to be properly planed according to the number of pigs you intend to grow. You need to decide whether you want to do batch (all in all out) or continuos pig production (first in first out).

The biggest pig farm in west Africa is at oke aro , Agege. Another one is at Gberigbe Ikorodu. Accomodation costs at this locations are very high. I will advice you to site your pig pen close to where you can get cheap land and source raw materials at low price. Eg cassava plantations.

Technology application will greatly hep you in your pig farming. Fr example using, pig ni.ppl.es (see picture below) will ensure that you deliver constant and clean water to your pigs , it will also reduce labor requirements. You also need to construct a manure allay within your pig house so that when they poo poo, you can flush it away via the manure allay ( the manure allay is like a gutter).

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by ChrysoliteHaven: 11:15am On Feb 21, 2018
Hello all, Big Pigs for sale at Chrysolite Haven at affordable price. Please contact us: 09025589996 / Whatsapp:09052288627. Location is Oke Aro, Lagos, Nigeria

dynamix101:

You went to Okearo and saw?? In Okearo, there is a farmer there who has a mighty boar that is 7years old and weighs over 300kg with no fat; its true but let me shed some light on issues you may not be aware of:

1. Most farmers who drive the jeeps are the ones eating off newbies and oppressing them to eventual frustration through their terrible antics.
2. Google and read up well on the subject of pig rearing. Even whites will tell you the truth that all pigs start and grow the same. Its when they get to a particular age that the exotic breeds start to shoot up faster. I have asked that why wait for more months when you can sell off your animals, make money and walk away??
3. I have visited farms bro, farms with updated biosecurity They sold in-sow to somebody for 65k but that exotic pig gave birth to 4 piglets. Mine average 9 and they are not exotic, so why waste my time??
4. Its criminal and wicked to sell weaners for 12k not to talk of the ridiculous amounts people quote around. My mom visited Songhai last year and got their contact number. Are you aware that they have a farm in Nigeria?? As at late last year, a whole Songhai had Camborough weaners of the purest breed for guess how much........ 8k. So what are you saying??
5. Before your pig can weigh those ridiculous weights you are dropping, how old are they, be sincere?? The man who has an over 300kg pig has kept tht animal for over 6 years. I went there with a fellow nairalander in February and they use those big old animals to scam people to buy fake weaners at exorbitant costs.
6. Aside our Camborough, we have another boar, a landrace that we acquired for 4,500 then when weaners were 3000. Its first crossing produced 9 piglets. Isnt that one of the aims of exotic breeds?? If my local female can give me 12 and an expensive exotic gives me 10, why waste my time?? Why not continue crossbreeding till i get a perfect lineage?? If you buy an animal for 15k and fatten, how much will you sell?? At least i have dropped a guideline of the costs it will take to bring them up to maturity....... Its a business and once its profitable, remove sentiments and do the right thing.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by ChrysoliteHaven: 11:20am On Feb 21, 2018
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by bolajogs(m): 12:10pm On Feb 24, 2018
I have 2 boars, large white and camborough for sale at Osogbo,Osun state.Call 07965534019 or 08056986860 for more info. They are pure breed, a year and 3 months old.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by PoWConsulting: 7:13pm On Feb 24, 2018
PROMO! PROMO!! PROMO!!!

BUY TWO, GET ONE FREE!!!

Purchase one of the following Business Plans or Manuals and get one FREE!!! You get to choose!

1. Business Plan on Grasscutter Farming: How to profitably rear, process and package grasscutters with information on where you can get High Quality and mature breeds of grasscutters, cage and other inputs. A comprehensive & bankable business plan for prospective entrepreneurs… Call to get the Table of Contents.

2. Business plan on Catfish Production and Processing: A Bankable Business Plan on Catfish production from Hatchery to Smoked fish…Call to get the Table of Contents.

3. Business Plan on the Establishment of a Small scale Mechanized Gari Production Centre. Call to get the Table of Contents.

4. Business Plan on Instant Plantain Flour Production. Call to get the Table of Contents.

5. Business Plan on Custard Powder Production. Call to get the Table of Contents.

6. Manual on Cosmetics and Soap Production: How to produce 35 Soap and cosmetics products… Black Soap (Liquid and Bar), Detergent powder, Solid detergent, Liquid Soap, Toilet Soap, Toilet Cleanser, Medicated Soap, Laundry Soap (Paste and Bar), Car wash Soap , Olive oil Soap, Anti-dandroff shampoo, Bleach, Toilet roll, Body Cream, Hair Cream, Hair Conditioner, Relaxer, Styling Gels etc.

7. Manual on Bakery, Pastries and Confectioneries: How to produce 28 products…Cassava bread, Plain bread, Wheat bread, Cakes, Meat pie, Doughnut, buns, Sausage roll, Scotch egg, Ice cream, Yoghurt, Cookies etc.

8. Manual on Fruit Juice and Drink Production: How to produce, preserve and package Orange Juice, Pineapple Juice, Zobo Drink and Palm wine Drink. This process technology will extend the shelf life of the products for more than six months!

9. Manual on Edible Mushroom Cultivation: The process technology for cultivating, harvesting, Processing and Packaging Edible Mushrooms. A great, Unique and Profitable Agribusiness.

10. Manual on Vegetables Farming: How to cultivate Ugwu leaf, Bitter leaf, Water leaf, Jute leaf, Shoko leaf, Dwarf pawpaw and Cucumber using the best cultivation practices, organic fertilizers and seeds

11. Manual on Cassava processing into Gari

12. Manual on Cassava processing into Odourless Fufu Flour

13. Manual on Cassava processing into High Quality Cassava Flour

14. Manual on Cassava processing into Industrial Cassava Starch

15. Manual on Cassava processing into Fermented Cassava Flour (Lafun)

16. Manual on Cassava processing into Adhesives from Cassava Starch

17. Manual on Plantain Chips Production, Preservation and Packaging

18. Manual on Instant Plantain Flour Production

19. Manual on Poundo Yam Flour Production, Preservation and Packaging

AND MANY MORE!!!

These manuals contain information on the best production practice, improved variety of seeds, best fertilizer for planting, best process technology from foremost research Institutes in Nigeria. It also contains practical photos of the processes, procedures, equipments and machineries, and source of these inputs (ingredients, chemicals, equipments etc) in Nigeria.

Our business plan gives a holistic feasibility report of the production and technical plan, market analysis, marketing plan, personnel and labour management and most importantly, the financial plan which is standard and BANKABLE!!!

Contact our Agribusiness Investment Analyst on +2347039664655 for more information

WhatsApp: +2347039664655

Visit our Facebook page at Pillars of Wealth Consulting Limited for more agribusiness investment opportunities

Email: pillarsofwealthconsulting@gmail.com
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by bolajogs(m): 1:10am On Feb 26, 2018
I have 2 boars, large white and camborough for sale at Osogbo,Osun state.Call 07065534019 or 08056986860 for more info. They are pure breed, a year and 3 months old.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Excelleon: 5:01pm On Feb 28, 2018
dynamix101:

You went to Okearo and saw?? In Okearo, there is a farmer there who has a mighty boar that is 7years old and weighs over 300kg with no fat; its true but let me shed some light on issues you may not be aware of:

1. Most farmers who drive the jeeps are the ones eating off newbies and oppressing them to eventual frustration through their terrible antics.
2. Google and read up well on the subject of pig rearing. Even whites will tell you the truth that all pigs start and grow the same. Its when they get to a particular age that the exotic breeds start to shoot up faster. I have asked that why wait for more months when you can sell off your animals, make money and walk away??
3. I have visited farms bro, farms with updated biosecurity They sold in-sow to somebody for 65k but that exotic pig gave birth to 4 piglets. Mine average 9 and they are not exotic, so why waste my time??
4. Its criminal and wicked to sell weaners for 12k not to talk of the ridiculous amounts people quote around. My mom visited Songhai last year and got their contact number. Are you aware that they have a farm in Nigeria?? As at late last year, a whole Songhai had Camborough weaners of the purest breed for guess how much........ 8k. So what are you saying??
5. Before your pig can weigh those ridiculous weights you are dropping, how old are they, be sincere?? The man who has an over 300kg pig has kept tht animal for over 6 years. I went there with a fellow nairalander in February and they use those big old animals to scam people to buy fake weaners at exorbitant costs.
6. Aside our Camborough, we have another boar, a landrace that we acquired for 4,500 then when weaners were 3000. Its first crossing produced 9 piglets. Isnt that one of the aims of exotic breeds?? If my local female can give me 12 and an expensive exotic gives me 10, why waste my time?? Why not continue crossbreeding till i get a perfect lineage?? If you buy an animal for 15k and fatten, how much will you sell?? At least i have dropped a guideline of the costs it will take to bring them up to maturity....... Its a business and once its profitable, remove sentiments and do the right thing.
...... Please can I have the contact of the Shaogai Farm?
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Excelleon: 5:01pm On Feb 28, 2018
dynamix101:

...... Please can I have the contact of the Shongai Farm?
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Excelleon: 5:14pm On Feb 28, 2018
If you are interested in starting a pig farm in Lagos, I am happy to inform you that I have a ready made pen with bore hole, security, fenced with gate, nipple drinkers, tank, easy access to workers and other are things available for you at Ikorodu Lagos.... Just call 08075400236 so we can discuss further thanks
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by BoluwGoldenFarm(m): 9:33am On Mar 01, 2018
*Boluwajoko Golden Solutions*

We have organic solutions (herbs) for sale that can be use to raise Turkey & all other poultry birds from day old without using heat for brooding or any inorganic drugs with almost zero mortality
@N1,200 per litter

Raise cow ,goats, rams,pigs,rabbits without smells ,blot or almost zero mortality

Use our products to ferment feeds for cow,goat,ram,pigs,rabbit, dogs, Turkey, layers,broilers etc to reduce feed cost & maximize profit.

I have PURE molasses for sale at N500 per litter

1) Probiotic..EM1 solutions

2) Super Tagiri solutions

3) Immune Booster

4) Photosynthesising Bacteria

5) Molasses Liquid

6) Layers Special

7) liquid Organic Fertilizer

*Instructions*

Clean the house with antiseptics, remove all cob webs, then add 10 mls of LAB to 1 liter of unchlorinated water and sprinkle within and around the coop/pen

Use 10 mls each of the three products in 4 liters of water for birds daily until they are 3 weeks old

After 3 weeks all you do is apply the 3 solutions just once in a week until you sell the animals

1 liters each of the 3 is enough for 50 day old Turkey or broiler or pullets for 3 weeks

We also have organic fertilizer which when fully mixed with water, dry cow dung & dry poultry dung inside a metal drum & left for 2 weeks is sufficient to fertilize a hectare to give a bumper harvest.

If we don't plant or rear animals organically some herb might not be effective when applied

Thank you

Location is Ibadan Nigeria

We are in the era of knowledge

Go organic

Calls & WhatsApp 08120528950
boluwagoldensolution@gmail.com
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by stinville(m): 12:27pm On Mar 03, 2018
Hello Everyone,

I intend to go into pig farming soon. a friend of mine who is already into the pig farming says he spends alot on the feeding. especially the source of protein i.e soya bean (which costs about 18k for a bag.)
so i will like to knw if there are any cheaper feed formula that does have a substitute for the soya beans meal.
thanks
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by greenlilly(m): 8:57pm On Mar 06, 2018
A large pig farm on a 4 acres of land with 20 fattening rooms (12ft by 12ft), A feed store (15 ft by 15ft ),(35 sow rooms (7ft by 6ft ), 35 uncompleted sow rooms, staff quarters, manager's quarter, 2 big shops (15ft by 20ft), one big farm office, vibrated block making section, uncompleted PKO/PKC production section, garri and fufu production section and uncompleted hydroponic feed section half fenced with two gates with 300 pig (SOWS, BOARS,PIGLETS, WEANERS, GROWERS, FATTENERS for sale at Ifo apomu village Ogun state 25 minutes drive from Lagos state. Motorable road to lagos abeokuta expressway. Attached are the pictures of some of the facilities on the farm. Interested buyers should call 08028375856,07064689962 or whatsapp 08052800124,07010754747.

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (122) (Reply)

Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.