Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,795 members, 7,810,071 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:59 PM

Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... (160966 Views)

The Legend Of Wale Williams, By Roye-Okupe / Avatar The Last Airbender And Legend Of Korra Lovers / Avatar; The Legend Of Korra Book 4: Balance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Donvilo(m): 8:40pm On Aug 23, 2014
Bolin unlocking a rare earthbending skill during one of his most life-threatening situations: LAVA-BENDING

Jinora finally earned her air-bending mastery
status

General Iroh turning out to be a spiritual pseudo-avatar advisor to Korra when she needs one the most, having lost her past avatar lives

The Regeneration of the lost tribe of the air nomads (All thanks to Korra's wise decisions on leaving the spirit portals opened once again to the physical world)

Lin beifong finally comes to terms with her estranged relationship with her half-sister Suyin & with herself, having lived in a state of denial for several years!

Avatar Korra willing to sacrifice her life & her avatar status just to preserve the revived tribe of the last airbenders, something that dumbfounded everyone including Tenzin

The emotional uneasiness between Mako, Korra & Asami. LOL!

Mako & Bolin gets to meet their long-forgotten paternal relatives for the first time

Truly, Book three is a masterpiece! cool

1 Like

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by donbenart: 10:52pm On Aug 23, 2014
nani667:

Aang was a child.... Plus he had to learn all the bending in record time to be able to defeat the fire Lord... Korra had all the time in the world to learn all she needed to... Yet she's still useless.... She lost all her past lives.... She's no longer connected to the past Avatars.... She just keeps creating new records..... She's too useless.... Never compare Aang with that weak babe abeg...

Amon and all the people you mentioned are people an avatar should dispatch quickly.....

that's why it's a movie if Korea kills them that quick what do u want them to show but korra is truly strong
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by folible(m): 6:09pm On Aug 24, 2014
nani667:

She's too weak.... Avatar Aang would never take a beating like that.... Once the situation became critical for Aang he enters the Avatar state.... And once he's in that state he's unstoppable.... I'm really disappointed that Korra couldn't handle those people... Smh
I thought I was the only one who noticed this, weakest avatar ever. That fight scene was really annoying, Aang was definitely better than this
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by folible(m): 6:22pm On Aug 24, 2014
donbenart:

that's why it's a movie if Korea kills them that quick what do u want them to show but korra is truly strong
It could have been done differently, the avatar is supposed to be the strongest bender of any generation.
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by nani667: 6:55pm On Aug 24, 2014
Those red Lotus niggas won't even get anywhere close to this guy....

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by UjSizzle(f): 12:22am On Aug 25, 2014
nani667: Those red Lotus niggas won't even get anywhere close to this guy....
I don't think it's fair to compare Aang's final battle with Korra's. In the avatar state, the avatar gets tethered to the spirits of all the past avatars and their powers. Korra is technically all alone here. Her going into the Avatar state only made it possible for her to fight the poison longer than her human body would, but it didn't make her any stronger--fearless maybe--than she was before.

I do feel sorry for her though and hope she gets out of that chair soon. It must feel horrible to be totally useless and watch Air nomads do your job sad

Jinora looks a lot like young Aang. So glad she finally got her tattoos cheesy That girl is a master.....almost like Toph. I hope we see Toph soon undecided

And Bolin....wow! Didn't know Mako could bend lightening too.

This was a good book; can't wait for the next.

1 Like

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Csami(m): 12:25am On Aug 25, 2014
Thought I was the one who notice the weakness of that half baked avatar. Aang was a kid when he defeated the fire lord and took his bending. If Aang should smell you as a threat kiss your bending bye bye. Korra if in avatar mode still runs from the enemy, Aman, talock and his likes. What happened to entering the avatar state and removing their bending?
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by nani667: 12:49am On Aug 25, 2014
UjSizzle:
I don't think it's fair to compare Aang's final battle with Korra's. In the avatar state, the avatar gets tethered to the spirits of all the past avatars and their powers. Korra is technically all alone here. Her going into the Avatar state only made it possible for her to fight the poison longer than her human body would, but it didn't make her any stronger--fearless maybe--than she was before.

I do feel sorry for her though and hope she gets out of that chair soon. It must feel horrible to be totally useless and watch Air nomads do your job sad

Jinora looks a lot like young Aang. So glad she finally got her tattoos cheesy That girl is a master.....almost like Toph. I hope we see Toph soon undecided

And Bolin....wow! Didn't know Mako could bend lightening too.

This was a good book; can't wait for the next.

And whose fault is it that she's "alone" as you put it..... She was the one that created history by being the Avatar that destroyed the link to her past lives..... If she wasn't useless she'd still be connected to her past lives..... And if she wasn't useless she wouldn't have been captured by those red Lotus dudes.... Imagine, the Avatar captured and subdued by an airbender.... It's just depressing
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by pickabeau1: 1:06am On Aug 25, 2014
This is a more believable avatar than Aang
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by UjSizzle(f): 1:10am On Aug 25, 2014
nani667:

And whose fault is it that she's "alone" as you put it..... She was the one that created history by being the Avatar that destroyed the link to her past lives..... If she wasn't useless she'd still be connected to her past lives..... And if she wasn't useless she wouldn't have been captured by those red Lotus dudes.... Imagine, the Avatar captured and subdued by an airbender.... It's just depressing
Hello? She's gave herself up to save the lives of Air benders! How was she to know she was being double crossed?
And how was it her fault that her past lives were destroyed?

Korra was a child when she became the avatar....a very playful child. And Aang had better guidance from the monks incase you hadn't noticed. Even after being frozen for a hundred years, he still had the upper hand and time to learn each element before facing the fire lord.
Besides, I don't see any giant Lion Turtle here giving Korra ancient words of wisdom like Aang got.
They are different people. She is charting her own path as she goes. And even though she's made all these mistakes with dire consequences, that girl would give her life to maintain the balance of the world.......which if you need to be reminded was literally out of balance with very few air benders and the spirit world separated from the humans.
And although her evil uncle had diabolical plans to destroy the Vaatu--which she wasn't aware of--that girl has tried please.
I think her journey is a lot more realistic than Aang's. We're watching the life of a real person here, and how despite the crazy outcomes somehow manages to get back on her feet to fight again.

Messed up as she is, I'm quite certain that babe will be alright and kick some red lotus buttt.

2 Likes

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by donbenart: 6:20am On Aug 25, 2014
folible: It could have been done differently, the avatar is supposed to be the strongest bender of any generation.

More generations are coming
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by pasqal09: 12:08pm On Aug 25, 2014
UjSizzle:

And how was it her fault that her past lives were destroyed?
Whose fault is it then? If she had listened to Tenzin, she wouldn't have lost it

UjSizzle: Korra was a child when she became the avatar....a very playful child. And Aang had better guidance from the monks incase you hadn't noticed. Even after being frozen for a hundred years, he still had the upper hand and time to learn each element before facing the fire lord.
I don't agree with this. Aang only mastered air bending before being frozen. He had just months to master all four elements before he could face the fire lord but Korra has been bending all three element for years.
She was trained by the white Lotus and the other masters since she was a kid.
So it is expected for her to do better that she did.
She's the Worst Avatar ever!

1 Like

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by UjSizzle(f): 1:49pm On Aug 25, 2014
pasqal09:
Whose fault is it then? If she had listening to Tenzin, she wouldn't have lost it

I don't agree with this. Aang only mastered air bending before being frozen. He had just months to master all four elements before he could face the fire lord but Korra has been bending all three element for years.
She was trained by the white Lotus and the other masters since she was a kid.
So it is expected for her to do better that she did.
She's the Worst Avatar ever!
uh huh. And who exactly was Aang's biggest threat in all his journey? Prince Zuko. Now compare that dude to being chased by a bloody blood bender AND the infamous red lotus--whom btw were the reasons the White lotus and Tonrak and Tenzin tried to shelter Korra in the water tribe. Those guys are formidable opponents and even Korra's teachers keep trying to stop her from fighting them.

I don't what else you guys want from this girl, super powers that can't be flawed?

P.S Is there a reason this story got shorter seasons? Sang had about 23 episodes each...that's 10x more than Korra's got.
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by pasqal09: 1:58pm On Aug 25, 2014
UjSizzle:
uh huh. And who exactly was Aang's biggest threat in all his journey? Prince Zuko. Now compare that dude to being chased by a bloody blood bender AND the infamous red lotus--whom btw were the reasons the White lotus and Tonrak and Tenzin tried to shelter Korra in the water tribe. Those guys are formidable opponents and even Korra's teachers keep trying to stop her from fighting them.

I don't what else you guys want from this girl, super powers that can't be flawed?

P.S Is there a reason this story got shorter seasons? Sang had about 23 episodes each...that's 10x more than Korra's got.
Wrong again! Zuko wasn't Aang's biggest threat. Have you forgotten about Azula and the whole of the fire nation?
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by nani667: 2:08pm On Aug 25, 2014
UjSizzle:

Zuko ? Really ? All the people that were after Korra (and ended up defeating her) Aang already fought the original (and stronger) versions of them..... Is it the chic that shoots fire from her head ? Aang already fought the original dude.... Is it the Blood bender....? Aang fought the strongest blood bender, Amon's father.... As soon as Aang entered the Avatar mode he won that battle and took away his bending ..... The only bender Aang didn't fight against is a Larva bender, cos there was none back then... and Korra never even fought the dude..... So what are we saying.....? The facts are clear but you seem hell bent on defending Korra.... Hope this isn't a feminist thang ?
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by pasqal09: 2:15pm On Aug 25, 2014
nani667:

Zuko ? Really ? All the people that were after Korra (and ended up defeating her) Aang already fought the original (and stronger) versions of them..... Is it the chic that shoots fire from her head ? Aang already fought the original dude.... Is it the Blood bender....? Aang fought the strongest blood bender, Amon's father.... As soon as Aang entered the Avatar mode he won that battle..... The only bender Aang didn't fight against is a Larva bender, cos there was none back then... and Korra never even fought the dude..... So what are we saying.....? The facts are clear but you seem hell bent on defending Korra.... Hope this isn't a feminist thang ?

Back in season 1, Aang battles a raging volcano that was spilling out lava and stopped it from destroying a whole city. If he can stop a volcano, what is a lava bender to him?
#teamAvatarAang
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by pickabeau1: 2:35pm On Aug 25, 2014
Ujsizzle... im enjoying your posts

I still maintain that Korra is a more believable avatar

Aang moves too chessy and predictable with his ever shining teeth

One may be an avatar but battle experience at times will triumph over raw talent

Korra is not battle hardy but she learns quickly. The only problem she is is that she is too heady

3 Likes

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by UjSizzle(f): 2:46pm On Aug 25, 2014
nani667:

Zuko ? Really ? All the people that were after Korra (and ended up defeating her) Aang already fought the original (and stronger) versions of them..... Is it the chic that shoots fire from her head ? Aang already fought the original dude.... Is it the Blood bender....? Aang fought the strongest blood bender, Amon's father.... As soon as Aang entered the Avatar mode he won that battle and took away his bending ..... The only bender Aang didn't fight against is a Larva bender, cos there was none back then... and Korra never even fought the dude..... So what are we saying.....? The facts are clear but you seem hell bent on defending Korra.... Hope this isn't a feminist thang ?
Winning the Combustion bender was Sokka's idea, not Aang. He threw a stone on the nigger's third eye and messes up his whatever that was.
Same way Sun made the other lady self-combust.

Aang didn't fight a blood bender, katara did. And it was a woman who learnt to bend blood using rats while in prison, not Amon's dad. Or are you referring to the adult Aang not the child?

And Aang didn't bend Larva. He used Earth bending to create a channel for the Larva to prevent it from
destroying the village.

You talked about Aang taking away the Fire lord's bending, don't forget that was relatively impossible until he met the giant Lion Turtle. And Korra eventually became able to do same when Aang bestowed the power upon her too.

Also remember Aang at some point didn't want to go into the Avatar state because it made him lose control, and at the final battle, he barely managed to snap out of it to avoid killing the fire lord.....even after all his past lives told him to.

These are people making decisions irrespective of what advice is given them. They have to do what they feel in their heart is right, not what everyone else thinks is right.

And oga, pls don't bring feminism into this. I'm asking you people to give the girl a break.

2 Likes

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by UjSizzle(f): 2:53pm On Aug 25, 2014
pasqal09:
Wrong again! Zuko wasn't Aang's biggest threat. Have you forgotten about Azula and the whole of the fire nation?
Lol! And how many times did Aang face Azula in combat? Once.
Who won? I don't even need to tell you. The girl lightning bent Aang out of the avatar state hun, and the dude couldn't even go into the Avatar state until The Phoenix King backed him into a rock and reactivated the connection again.

Zuko was the only person who had Aang ducking for cover all over the kingdom and Azula didn't even show up until after Zuko was captured.

Please tell me something more believable grin
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by pasqal09: 2:57pm On Aug 25, 2014
UjSizzle:
Lol! And how many times did Aang face Azula in combat? Once.
Who won? I don't even need to tell you. The girl lightning bent Aang out of the avatar state hun, and the dude couldn't even go into the Avatar state until The Phoenix King backed him into a rock and reactivated the connection again.

Zuko was the only person who had Aang ducking for cover all over the kingdom and Azula didn't even show up until after Zuko was captured.

Please tell me something more believable grin
Azula was all over Aang throughout the season 2, from Omashu to Basingse. Pls watch the 2nd book again.
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by pickabeau1: 3:00pm On Aug 25, 2014
u r both saying the same thing...

Azula bossed Aang n her brother a lot of times because she is more battle hardy

A warrior expert in one element may beat an avatar

pasqal09:
Azula was all over Aang throughout the season 2, from Omashu to Basingse. Pls watch the 2nd book again.
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by pasqal09: 3:06pm On Aug 25, 2014
pickabeau1: u r both saying the same thing...

Azula bossed Aang n her brother a lot of times because she is more battle hardy

A warrior expert in one element may beat an avatar

No we aren't. Aang handles his enemies perfectly unlike Korra. She makes so many stupid costly mistakes.
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by pickabeau1: 3:08pm On Aug 25, 2014
pasqal09:
No we aren't. Aang handles his enemies perfectly unlike Korra. She makes so many stupid costly mistakes.

Aang makes so many mistakes and he was over hyped in my opinion

1 Like

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by pasqal09: 3:14pm On Aug 25, 2014
pickabeau1:

Aang makes so many mistakes and he was over hyped in my opinion

He didn't ever fumble like korra did
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by pickabeau1: 3:28pm On Aug 25, 2014
pasqal09:
He didn't ever fumble like korra did
Your opinion..
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by achmed1(m): 3:53pm On Aug 25, 2014
Please is the season concluded?
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by pasqal09: 4:06pm On Aug 25, 2014
pickabeau1:
Your opinion..
No, its a fact
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Nobody: 4:21pm On Aug 25, 2014
#teamSiddonLook
see as una dey bash korra! oya let's compare it this way, if aang was to fight the masters of the white lotus, what do you think would be the outcome? undecided
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by pickabeau1: 4:44pm On Aug 25, 2014
pasqal09:
No, its a fact

I have too many incidents off the top of my head but will list some

When he had to be saved by zuko in a mask

When azula chased them to a deserted town.

He was owned time and time again.
Dude..you r just a fanboy
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by UjSizzle(f): 4:49pm On Aug 25, 2014
Preboy: #teamSiddonLook
see as una dey bash korra! oya let's compare it this way, if aang was to fight the masters of the white lotus, what do you think would be the outcome? undecided
They'll just kill the nigger. Ordinary Azula and Zuki had him jumping from pillar to post, talk more of ultimate killing machines. Did you see the crazed look of the water bender? That woman makes fighting Azula look like child's play grin

1 Like

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by UjSizzle(f): 4:51pm On Aug 25, 2014
achmed1: Please is the season concluded?
Yup.
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by pasqal09: 7:11pm On Aug 25, 2014
pickabeau1:

I have too many incidents off the top of my head but will list some

When he had to be saved by zuko in a mask

When azula chased them to a deserted town.

He was owned time and time again.
Dude..you r just a fanboy
He more like lured Azula to the deserted town to face her there.
Aang made mistakes but not as stupid as Korra's
It was Korra that almost brought about Armageddon by stupidly opening the spirit portal confining vaatu. And she lost the connection to the past avatars. She's just so annoying.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (52) (Reply)

20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget / The Best Seasonal Movies Ever Produced In America. What Do You Say? / One Piece (anime/manga)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.