Stats: 3,152,326 members, 7,815,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:47 PM

Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... - TV/Movies (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... (161222 Views)

The Legend Of Wale Williams, By Roye-Okupe / Avatar The Last Airbender And Legend Of Korra Lovers / Avatar; The Legend Of Korra Book 4: Balance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by pickabeau1: 1:06pm On Aug 27, 2014
haba... i know say na korra na...

na autocorrect.. in short i don vex

korea for now and forever tongue tongue

joywendy
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by edi287: 1:18pm On Aug 27, 2014
Why didn't korra just take away zahir's airbending earlier(which she'll probably does after the fight). For me, Zahir is overrated. Tenzin was whooping his ass till combustion girl and the others intervened. Amon is still the guy for me...something tells me he probably was a member of the red lotus.
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by nani667: 1:43pm On Aug 27, 2014
This thread has gained momentum over the past few days cos of arguments.....this is a good thing as it's making the thread interesting smiley

That being said, The peeps claiming that Korra is a better Avatar than Aang are clearly biased... Aang's achievements speak for themselves..... All Korra did was just bring shame to the Avatar name, and just when you think she can't possibly suck anymore she proves us wrong..... Destroying the links to her past lives.... First Avatar to achieve that..., The first crippled Avatar..... She's already become a legend... With all her negative records
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by joywendy(f): 2:01pm On Aug 27, 2014
Pickabeau1 na you sabi. Sha don't make those korean movie lovers think this na korean series.
It won't be funny mehn angry
Btw are you a fan of pokemon?

@edi287.
Korra take his bending? Was there any other time where she meet with zahir apart from when she meet him in the spirit world and when she went to give herself up? Cause I don't see how she should would have been able to take his bending in this two circumstances.
Lol zahir overated how? For someone who just got the ability to air bend,he is pretty good.
Yeah that Amon guy was very cool. My best villian so far, I think so too
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by joywendy(f): 2:03pm On Aug 27, 2014
nani667: This thread has gained momentum over the past few days cos of arguments.....this is a good thing as it's making the thread interesting smiley

That being said, The peeps claiming that Korra is a better Avatar than Aang are clearly biased... Aang's achievements speak for themselves..... All Korra did was just bring shame to the Avatar name, and just when you think she can't possibly suck anymore she proves us wrong..... Destroying the links to her past lives.... First Avatar to achieve that..., The first crippled Avatar..... She's already become a legend... With all her negative records
Guy you no wan give up ni? grin

Ain't you also being biased by looking at only her negative records?

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by pickabeau1: 2:03pm On Aug 27, 2014
joywendy: Pickabeau1 na you sabi. Sha don't make those korean movie lovers think this na korean series.

@edi287.
Korra take his bending? Was there any other time where she meet with zahir apart from when she meet him in the spirit world and when she went to give herself up? Cause I don't see how she should would have been able to take his bending in this two circumstances.
Lol zahir overated how? For someone who just got the ability to air bend,he is pretty good.

No...is pokemon cool too...played the game long ago.....turn based....

Korea haters full ground ooo
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by donbenart: 2:47pm On Aug 27, 2014
ya nani give up #lol #TeamavatarKorra
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Nobody: 3:09pm On Aug 27, 2014
i still think Korra is a better avatar, she had a lotta responsibilities on her shoulder and her foes were people only the avatar could take down, compared to aang which didn't have much to worry abt cus the other three nations combined could have taken out the fire nation, thereby having no need for the avatar.

also what achievements did aang achieve @nani667? beating the firelord sure ain't an achievement cus general iro could trash him.... so what else did aang achieve?

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Fulaman198(m): 3:41pm On Aug 27, 2014
nani667: This thread has gained momentum over the past few days cos of arguments.....this is a good thing as it's making the thread interesting smiley

In fairness to her, she has had the most difficult battles. Trust me when I tell you I didn't like her at first. But she grew up and matured. I have the utmost respect for her now.

Also, the reason I like Avatar so much is due to the fact that in a way it's well thought out like an Anime.

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by UjSizzle(f): 3:52pm On Aug 27, 2014
Joywendy, the great story bender grin

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Lucario007(m): 5:02pm On Aug 27, 2014
Fulaman198:
I agree but also keep in mind that you are only looking at Aang as a child and not in his adult form where did also accomplish quite a bit.

We never got to see his adult form, other than when he dealt with Yakone. Regardless... There is no greater accomplishment than defeating Vaatu the spirit of darkness. Which only the first Avatar had done.
joywendy:
nice one. cool
i knew it was a good idea bringing you here wink
@bold. mako is not that bad now,
in italics: this got me rolling grin grin

Still can't stand Mako. What kind of douchebag breaks up with his girlfriend over his work and then starts kissing and dating another girl a few days later while said girlfriend had lost her memory fighting for her life?

Not to mention he started dating his girlfriend's best friend to make matters worse.

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Fulaman198(m): 5:20pm On Aug 27, 2014
Lucario007:

We never got to see his adult form, other than when he dealt with Yakone. Regardless... There is no greater accomplishment than defeating Vaatu the spirit of darkness. Which only the first Avatar had done.

Still can't stand Mako. What kind of douchebag breaks up with his girlfriend over his work and then starts kissing and dating another girl a few days later while said girlfriend had lost her memory fighting for her life?

Not to mention he started dating his girlfriend's best friend to make matters worse.

There are mangas/comics of Aang as an adult. It's online if you Google it smiley
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by pickabeau1: 5:32pm On Aug 27, 2014
You brought some balance to this debate

I had no time for back and forth

Lucario007:

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Fulaman198(m): 5:36pm On Aug 27, 2014
Vaatu was defeated by Korra in an even more powerful form once he merged with Unalaq. So once again, we are downplaying the achievements of Korra. What I believe is that with each new generation, Avatar's grow in strength and knowledge. That is because each Avatar has access to his/her past Avatar selves.
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by nani667: 7:07pm On Aug 27, 2014
joywendy:
Guy you no wan give up ni? grin

Ain't you also being biased by looking at only her negative records?

Her negative records far supercedes any positive record she has... Thus rendering them moot.... Sad something sad

She may have been more mature than Aang was, and that's understandable as Aang was a Child....and I'm not hating on her, I actually never liked Aang sef, his behavior always seemed to piss me off... But I call things as I see them... And Aang was a far better Avatar than Korra was..... And clearly Korra is the Worst Avatar ever ...
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by pasqal09: 7:17pm On Aug 27, 2014
Preboy: i still think Korra is a better avatar, she had a lotta responsibilities on her shoulder and her foes were people only the avatar could take down, compared to aang which didn't have much to worry abt cus the other three nations combined could have taken out the fire nation, thereby having no need for the avatar.

also what achievements did aang achieve @nani667? beating the firelord sure ain't an achievement cus general iro could trash him.... so what else did aang achieve?

If Iroh could defeat Ozai so easily, why was he running from him then?
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Nobody: 7:56pm On Aug 27, 2014
pasqal09:

Iroh(thanks for the name correction) was never running away from Ozai... dude you certainly were watching something else, not avatar: the last airbender
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by pasqal09: 8:00pm On Aug 27, 2014
Preboy:
Iroh(thanks for the name correction) was never running away from Ozai... dude you certainly were watching something else, not avatar: the last airbender
So what was he doing? Taking a vacation?
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by kenny1795(m): 8:00pm On Aug 27, 2014
pasqal09:

iroh had a beautiful view about life... he never believed in violence and bdw ozai was his younger bro he couldn't fight him
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by pasqal09: 8:02pm On Aug 27, 2014
kenny1795: iroh had a beautiful view about life... he never believed in violence and bdw ozai was his younger bro he couldn't fight him
Really? Eh.... Did Iroh tell you this?

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by edi287: 8:17pm On Aug 27, 2014
joywendy: Pickabeau1 na you sabi. Sha don't make those korean movie lovers think this na korean series.

@edi287.
You agree tenzin would whoop zahir one on one?? Zahir fighting style is just aggressive for an airbender. Anyhow the flying thing impressed me sha...wonder how he knew harmonic conversion had granted him air bending??

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by edi287: 8:22pm On Aug 27, 2014
Well for me korra surpassed aang after defeating dark avatar unalaq/vautu. Amon is probably more powerful than all the villains during aang's time.
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Nobody: 8:28pm On Aug 27, 2014
pasqal09:
So what was he doing? Taking a vacation?
it wasn't his battle, it was that of the avatar and he left it that way
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by joywendy(f): 9:53pm On Aug 27, 2014
UjSizzle: Joywendy, the great story bender grin
Me ke? Don't dash me your title oh. grin
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by joywendy(f): 9:58pm On Aug 27, 2014
nani667:

Her negative records far supercedes any positive record she has... Thus rendering them moot.... Sad something sad

She may have been more mature than Aang was, and that's understandable as Aang was a Child....and I'm not hating on her, I actually never liked Aang sef, his behavior always seemed to piss me off... But I call things as I see them... And Aang was a far better Avatar than Korra was..... And clearly Korra is the Worst Avatar ever ...
sorry but am still not seeing the point in your post undecided
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by nani667: 10:29pm On Aug 27, 2014
joywendy: sorry but am still not seeing the point in your post undecided

That's understandable....as Only those who have attained spiritual enlightenment can comprehend the point in my post
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Olayinkaji(m): 11:03pm On Aug 27, 2014
Hi am new here, great forum by the way. But why did korra look so pale and weak when tenzin daughter was given her airbending tatoo(besides she resembles aang sha)
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by mykelon: 11:20pm On Aug 27, 2014
To be fair I think korra faced much tougher battles than aang. Lava benders, flying air benders,battling with really evil spirit etc but I still rate her as my worst avatar. Yes she mastered all d element quite well & quickly but she messed up the whole avatar state. Now she cannot connect to her past lives sad hate all the emotional attachment Btw "team avatar" . Still rate Aang highly but Korra is one badass avatar if she's really angry!!!

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by joywendy(f): 2:41am On Aug 28, 2014
nani667:

That's understandable....as Only those who have attained spiritual enlightenment can comprehend the point in my post

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by joywendy(f): 2:52am On Aug 28, 2014
pickabeau1:

No...is pokemon cool too...played the game long ago.....turn based....

Korea haters full ground ooo
yeah, same here
i just thought you were, 'cause your username kind of reminded me of the pokemon pikachu grin

abi oh like the op for example
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by UjSizzle(f): 6:27am On Aug 28, 2014
Olayinkaji: Hi am new here, great forum by the way. But why did korra look so pale and weak when tenzin daughter was given her airbending tatoo(besides she resembles aang sha)
She's gone through so much and feeling down and broken. But she'll be fine.

Wait o Nani667 in all your Aang is great,Korra is useless analysis, hope you didnt forget it's Aang's fault the Air nation hot wiped out undecided And Korra fixed his bleep by opening the spirit portal during harmonic convergence to restore the balance your Aang caused while running away and staying frozen for a hundred years smiley

And talking about not doing what you're told, Aang met a monk while trying to learn how to master the Avatar state and then severed the connection because love for katara was carrying him around......even after he was told leaving and breaking the link would mean he could possibly never enter the Avatar state again undecided

Avatars are stubborn. Get used to it.

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by kenny1795(m): 12:34pm On Aug 28, 2014
pasqal09:
Really? Eh.... Did Iroh tell you this?
yes he did.....

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (52) (Reply)

20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget / The Best Seasonal Movies Ever Produced In America. What Do You Say? / One Piece (anime/manga)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63