Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... - TV/Movies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... (161271 Views)

The Legend Of Wale Williams, By Roye-Okupe / Avatar The Last Airbender And Legend Of Korra Lovers / Avatar; The Legend Of Korra Book 4: Balance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by nani667: 7:28pm On Aug 25, 2014
UjSizzle:
Winning the Combustion bender was Sokka's idea, not Aang. He threw a stone on the nigger's third eye and messes up his whatever that was.
Same way Sun made the other lady self-combust.

Aang didn't fight a blood bender, katara did. And it was a woman who learnt to bend blood using rats while in prison, not Amon's dad. Or are you referring to the adult Aang not the child?

And Aang didn't bend Larva. He used Earth bending to create a channel for the Larva to prevent it from
destroying the village.

You talked about Aang taking away the Fire lord's bending, don't forget that was relatively impossible until he met the giant Lion Turtle. And Korra eventually became able to do same when Aang bestowed the power upon her too.

Also remember Aang at some point didn't want to go into the Avatar state because it made him lose control, and at the final battle, he barely managed to snap out of it to avoid killing the fire lord.....even after all his past lives told him to.

These are people making decisions irrespective of what advice is given them. They have to do what they feel in their heart is right, not what everyone else thinks is right.

And oga, pls don't bring feminism into this. I'm asking you people to give the girl a break.

Aang fought a blood bender..... Like I said before.... Amon's father.... They actually showed the scene in a flashback, in an episode of this Legend of Korra series.... You should know that.....
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by pickabeau1: 8:03pm On Aug 25, 2014
pasqal09:
He more like lured Azula to the deserted town to face her there.
Aang made mistakes but not as stupid as Korra's
It was Korra that almost brought about Armageddon by stupidly opening the spirit portal confining vaatu. And she lost the connection to the past avatars. She's just so annoying.
as I said earlier you r romanticizing aang also

He made so many mistakes also

A common theme in this show is redemption and teamwork
The humorous nature of airbender made aangs goods bearable and sadly as I see here forgettable
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by UjSizzle(f): 8:40pm On Aug 25, 2014
nani667:

Aang fought a blood bender..... Like I said before.... Amon's father.... They actually showed the scene in a flashback, in an episode of this Legend of Korra series.... You should know that.....
Mtcheeew. So we're reasoning flashbacks that were inserted to make sense of a current story. I would have loved to see the child Aang actually fight a blood bender.

1 Like

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by pickabeau1: 8:50pm On Aug 25, 2014
UjSizzle:
Mtcheeew. So we're reasoning flashbacks that were inserted to make sense of a current story. I would have loved to see the child Aang actually fight a blood bender.

grin grin
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Fulaman198(m): 9:00pm On Aug 25, 2014
All I can say is that the series came to an interesting end. I am still flabbergasted at how Zahir is able to fly when he is just a recent airbender. My favourite character though is by far Boling.
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by pickabeau1: 11:01pm On Aug 25, 2014
Fulaman198: All I can say is that the series came to an interesting end. I am still flabbergasted at how Zahir is able to fly when he is just a recent airbender. My favourite character though is by far Boling.

He had been obsessed with the air guru even before he had air powers.

1 Like

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Fulaman198(m): 11:25pm On Aug 25, 2014
pickabeau1:

He had been obsessed with the air guru even before he had air powers.

That's very true lol it was an excellent series regardless. What do you think of Boling and his new lava bending abilities?
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by pickabeau1: 11:48pm On Aug 25, 2014
Fulaman198:

That's very true lol it was an excellent series regardless. What do you think of Boling and his new lava bending abilities?

A bit too convenient as he had not even shown the inclination before...but still a good shocker

Did mako learn lightening bending before?

Can't remember
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Fulaman198(m): 11:55pm On Aug 25, 2014
pickabeau1:

A bit too convenient as he had not even shown the inclination before...but still a good shocker

Can't remember

Yah Mako used it at the beginning of the entire Korra series but he only used it like once or twice. It was when he was still dating the other girl and was in the pro bender leagues with Korra and his younger brother Boling.
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by pickabeau1: 12:14am On Aug 26, 2014
Fulaman198:

Yah Mako used it at the beginning of the entire Korra series but he only used it like once or twice. It was when he was still dating the other girl and was in the pro bender leagues with Korra and his younger brother Boling.

OK...
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Nobody: 12:14am On Aug 26, 2014
pickabeau1:

Can't remember
mako has been using lightning since book 1, remember when they needed money for pro bending fee, he decide to work in a steel company(something like that), they used lightning to solder the metals, while bolin became a street entertainer
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by pickabeau1: 12:16am On Aug 26, 2014
Preboy:
mako has been using lightning since book 1, remember when they needed money for pro bending fee, he decide to work in a steel company(something like that), they used lightning to solder the metals, while bolin became a street entertainer

Tx
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Nobody: 12:35am On Aug 26, 2014
UjSizzle:
They'll just kill the nigger. Ordinary Azula and Zuki had him jumping from pillar to post, talk more of ultimate killing machines. Did you see the crazed look of the water bender? That woman makes fighting Azula look like child's play grin

lol now you're kinda hating on aang, bt you're ryt aang never did face a real threat, compared to all korra had to go through.
I'm yet to watch the last episode tho, will surely watch out for that "crazed look"
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by joywendy(f): 12:54am On Aug 26, 2014
cheesy cheesy
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by joywendy(f): 1:04am On Aug 26, 2014
nani667:

Aang was a child.... Plus he had to learn all the bending in record time to be able to defeat the fire Lord... Korra had all the time in the world to learn all she needed to... Yet she's still useless.... She lost all her past lives.... She's no longer connected to the past Avatars.... She just keeps creating new records..... She's too useless.... Never compare Aang with that weak babe abeg...

Amon and all the people you mentioned are people an avatar should dispatch quickly.....
this was harsh! grin
Lucario007 come and check this out
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Fulaman198(m): 1:50am On Aug 26, 2014
pickabeau1:

OK...

I don't recall the exact episode but I do remember him using it earlier in the series like once or maybe even twice. It was before Korra figured out airbending. Good night brother!
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by nani667: 2:49am On Aug 26, 2014
UjSizzle:

Korra isn't a Child, so why would you wanna see a child Aang fight a blood bender ? Besides, even if he was still a child it wouldn't have made a difference cos he had already mastered all he needed to master as a child before he took down the Firelord..... ✔

On the other hand, Amon's weak blood bender brother was able to easily subdue Korra, Chai.... That girls has really disgraced the Avatar name sha...... sad
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by pasqal09: 6:45am On Aug 26, 2014
nani667:

Korra isn't a Child, so why would you wanna see a child Aang fight a blood bender ? Besides, even if he was still a child it wouldn't have made a difference cos he had already mastered all he needed to master as a child before he took down the Firelord..... ✔

On the other hand, Amon's weak blood bender brother was able to easily subdue Korra, Chai.... That girls has really disgraced the Avatar name sha...... sad

She be the "Moyes" of all the avatars
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by pasqal09: 6:46am On Aug 26, 2014
Fulaman198:

I don't recall the exact episode but I do remember him using it earlier in the series like once or maybe even twice. It was before Korra figured out airbending. Good night brother!

He used it against ammon when he tried to take his bending in season 1 and he used it before that when he had to work as a labourer in a company to make money

1 Like

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by pasqal09: 7:05am On Aug 26, 2014
Preboy:
lol now you're kinda hating on aang, bt you're ryt aang never did face a real threat, compared to all korra had to go through.
I'm yet to watch the last episode tho, will surely watch out for that "crazed look"
Aand didn't face real threat? Fire Lord Ozai isn't a real threat?

1 Like

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Fulaman198(m): 7:06am On Aug 26, 2014
pasqal09:

He used it against ammon when he tried to take his bending in season 1 and he used it before that when he had to work as a labourer in a company to make money

Yes that's correct
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Fulaman198(m): 7:08am On Aug 26, 2014
nani667:

She improved with every season though
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by UjSizzle(f): 8:11am On Aug 26, 2014
Preboy:
lol I'm not hating on Aang. I actually like the kid a lot.
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by UjSizzle(f): 8:15am On Aug 26, 2014
nani667:

Oh please. Aang fought a blood bender, what, some 30years after practicing being the Avatar?
And Korra gets to face same in the exact same month she manages to break free of the people trying to shelter her.

Nigger that's some 30yrs of practice AND experience, over 1mth of practice and experience.
Not exactly a fair fight undecided

1 Like

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by UjSizzle(f): 8:19am On Aug 26, 2014
pasqal09:
Aand didn't face real threat? Fire Lord Ozai isn't a real threat?
Uh huh. A real threat that took him 3 books to finally defeat.....and didn't even have to face him in a one-on-one combat until the very last episode undecided

Nope. Aang's real threat was Zuko......apparently both threat and saviour....and counsel undecided
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by pasqal09: 8:23am On Aug 26, 2014
UjSizzle:
Uh huh. A real threat that took him 3 books to finally defeat.....and didn't even have to face him in a one-on-one combat until the very last episode undecided

Nope. Aang's real threat was Zuko......apparently both threat and saviour....and counsel undecided

Nna mehn, I don tire for this argument
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by UjSizzle(f): 8:31am On Aug 26, 2014
pasqal09:

Nna mehn, I don tire for this argument
lol. Provide facts and irrefutable logic, and I'll hang my boots grin
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by UjSizzle(f): 8:35am On Aug 26, 2014
Fulaman198: All I can say is that the series came to an interesting end. I am still flabbergasted at how Zahir is able to fly when he is just a recent airbender. My favourite character though is by far Boling.
Dude has been obsessed with Guru Lahimar for so long now, and was able to fly because he let go of his Earthly tether and went into the void. I suppose the Tether is the woman he loved--Combustion bender--that got killed by Lin and Sun Beifong.

1 Like

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Jaymaestro(m): 8:38am On Aug 26, 2014
Lol ... spoilers ****
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Jaymaestro(m): 8:39am On Aug 26, 2014
UjSizzle:
Dude has been obsessed with Guru Lahimar for so long now, and was able to fly because he let go of his Earthly tether and went into the void. I suppose the Tether is the woman he loved--Combustion bender--that got killed by Lin and Sun Beifong.
suyu beifong ?
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by UjSizzle(f): 9:44am On Aug 26, 2014
Jaymaestro: suyu beifong ?
That's how to spell it?

Sorry about the spoilers grin
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Jaymaestro(m): 11:00am On Aug 26, 2014
UjSizzle:
That's how to spell it?

Sorry about the spoilers grin
not sure too but the real spelling is Suyin . Never mind - I just power scrolled thru responses . I'd see the last two episodes today tho .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (52) (Reply)

20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget / The Best Seasonal Movies Ever Produced In America. What Do You Say? / One Piece (anime/manga)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.