Stats: 3,153,182 members, 7,818,574 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:07 PM

Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... - TV/Movies (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... (161397 Views)

The Legend Of Wale Williams, By Roye-Okupe / Avatar The Last Airbender And Legend Of Korra Lovers / Avatar; The Legend Of Korra Book 4: Balance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Karleb(m): 10:08am On Dec 26, 2014
cao:

But, like I said, Suki was never in the original poster, someone made this poster to include her.

Ok.

If I were to make one, then Suki will be close to Sokka as Katara is close to Aang and Mai will be close to Zuko as Toph will be close to ___________ lipsrsealed
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by cao(f): 10:18am On Dec 26, 2014
Karleb:

Ok.

If I were to make one, then Suki will be close to Sokka as Katara is close to Aang and Mai will be close to Zuko as Toph will be close to ___________ lipsrsealed

Err...Mai wasn't in Team Avatar...
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Guykhena(m): 11:07am On Dec 26, 2014
cao:

You've forgotten this is the same Azula that evaded every single attack from Team Avatar during the eclipse...not a single scratch on her, with her bending neutralised by the eclipse. And Azula was a firebending master, better than her brother Zuko (he even stated as much, or have you forgetten again? This was before he became one with the dragons), the kid was so bada$$ her flames were blue. The Azula that took Ba Sing Se would have annihilated Kuvira.

Like I said earlier, a fully realised Azula would have been the best and ideal villain. The kid was 14 during ATLA, 14...let that sink in...Four. Teen. Imagine what she would have been if they hadn't turned her into a lunatic...

That page of possibility has been shut.
The only achievement you pointed out was Ba Sing Se,but check out what Kuvira achieved in 3years,reuniting 90% of the earth kingdom I repeat in 3yrs,we talking about Kuvira,a captain who could attain such status.
People only fear(not respect) Azula bcus of her Craziness,but due to Kuvira achievements,they respected and feared her,people were scared on such possibility,you doomed if you do not to take her as a threat something republic city paid for,dearly.

If the brawl was to go down my money would be on 'Experience and Discipline'(Kuvira) not on a rampage lunatic without a goal except to please O'Father(Azula).
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Karleb(m): 11:13am On Dec 26, 2014
cao:

Err...Mai wasn't in Team Avatar...

I was just focusing on the A'sT and their spouses.

BTW, who was Toph's husband?
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by pasqal09: 11:14am On Dec 26, 2014
Guykhena:

The only achievement you pointed out was Ba Sing Se,but check out what Kuvira achieved in 3years,reuniting 90% of the earth kingdom I repeat in 3yrs,we talking about Kuvira,a captain who could attain such status.
People only fear(not respect) Azula bcus of her Craziness,but due to Kuvira achievements,they respected and feared her,people were scared on such possibility,you doomed if you do not to take her as a threat something republic city paid for,dearly.

If the brawl was to go down my money would be on 'Experience and Discipline'(Kuvira) not on a rampage lunatic without a goal except to please O'Father(Azula).
Hope you know that Azula almost killed that avatar?
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Guykhena(m): 11:22am On Dec 26, 2014
pasqal09:

Hope you know that Azula almost killed that avatar?

If you talking about that lightening to Aangs back,of cus that's a cheesy/lazy move by Azula,cus Aang was totally not prepared.

But Kuvira actually defeated an Avatar in 'hand to hand' combat,even when the Avatar was in an Avatar State,
c'mon you've gotta give it to her.
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Seun(m): 11:30am On Dec 26, 2014
You can't compare Last Airbender and Legend Of Korra fighters. The bending world has advanced far too much. It's like comparing Messi & Pele.

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by cao(f): 11:32am On Dec 26, 2014
Guykhena:

Azula on the day of the Black Sun evaded every attack from Toph, Aang & Sokka, with the help of the Dai Li. She had everything planned. You say craziness, the craziness happened AFTER not before. The Dai Li turned not because of craziness, they turned because of fear and true power Azula possessed, she even stated as much. The only reason Team Avatar won was because TPTB turned Azula into a lunatic. She wanted to please her father, true, but she did please him, she was ruthless, calculating, cold, intelligent at that age. She had been resigned to the fact that she had to rule by fear & she was happy with that. Until, they turned her into a lunatic during the series finale.

Now, Kuvira, are you trying to tell me, you didn't see a hint of crazy when she tried to kill the Avatar point blank with the spirit vine weapon? She went from a seasoned tactician to a child, who wanted victory at all costs. I know some folks already thought she lost it with the stunt she pulled with Baatar Jr. She had good intentions, but she lost it in the long run.

Both Kuvira & Azula are tacticians, Kuvira might have garnered fear & respect, but she never welded it from a young age. But Azula had grown, cultivated and nurtured her fear from childhood. Kuvira grew into it, Azula was born into it. Fourteen vs. Definitely older than 16. Azula pre-breakdown would have beaten Kuvira 6 ways into Sozin's Comet.
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by cao(f): 11:33am On Dec 26, 2014
Karleb:

I was just focusing on the A'sT and their spouses.

BTW, who was Toph's husband?
She didn't have any, she had two baby daddies.
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Seun(m): 11:34am On Dec 26, 2014

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by pasqal09: 12:18pm On Dec 26, 2014

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Guykhena(m): 1:08pm On Dec 26, 2014
cao:

Azula on the day of the Black Sun evaded every attack from Toph, Aang & Sokka, with the help of the Dai Li. She had everything planned. You say craziness, the craziness happened AFTER not before. The Dai Li turned not because of craziness, they turned because of fear and true power Azula possessed, she even stated as much. The only reason Team Avatar won was because TPTB turned Azula into a lunatic. She wanted to please her father, true, but she did please him, she was ruthless, calculating, cold, intelligent at that age. She had been resigned to the fact that she had to rule by fear & she was happy with that. Until, they turned her into a lunatic during the series finale.

Now, Kuvira, are you trying to tell me, you didn't see a hint of crazy when she tried to kill the Avatar point blank with the spirit vine weapon? She went from a seasoned tactician to a child, who wanted victory at all costs. I know some folks already thought she lost it with the stunt she pulled with Baatar Jr. She had good intentions, but she lost it in the long run.

Both Kuvira & Azula are tacticians, Kuvira might have garnered fear & respect, but she never welded it from a young age. But Azula had grown, cultivated and nurtured her fear from childhood. Kuvira grew into it, Azula was born into it. Fourteen vs. Definitely older than 16. Azula pre-breakdown would have beaten Kuvira 6 ways into Sozin's Comet.

Kuvira wasn't crazy,she was driven by determination,she never resulted to force without a warning,in order not to appear weak she had to take some harsh decisions(like that of Baatar jnr),now those are the qualities of a determined leader,more or less I could say for the lunatic whom goal is just for childs play.

You talking about the black sun,that's an unfair condition for a battle,, we talking about one on one,no influence from extraterrestials,,
And about Sozin's comet is nothing,when an water bender could defeat you in your prime is just bland.

That's why I like earth-benders,no matter the condition they always at ace.

Azula can't win Kuvira anyways,is it one on one? Or army to army? Lol that's like ancient spartan warriors vs the U.S army.
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by cao(f): 1:24pm On Dec 26, 2014
Guykhena:

Kuvira wasn't crazy,she was driven by determination,she never resulted to force without a warning,in order not to appear weak she had to take some harsh decisions(like that of Baatar jnr),now those are the qualities of a determined leader,more or less I could say for the lunatic whom goal is just for childs play.

You talking about the black sun,that's an unfair condition for a battle,, we talking about one on one,no influence from extraterrestials,,
And about Sozin's comet is nothing,when an water bender could defeat you in your prime is just bland.

That's why I like earth-benders,no matter the condition they always at ace.

Azula can't win Kuvira anyways,is it one on one? Or army to army? Lol that's like ancient spartan warriors vs the U.S army.

The Black Sun meant Azula did not have any firebending and she still avoided Toph. Azula would win. I meant Azula would beat her 6 ways to Sunday (I simply replaced the rather common saying with Sozin's Comet). And about Sozin's Comet, your memory seems rather faulty, it helped the Fire Nation wipe out an entire race/culture/society. And as usual, you conveniently forget that Azula was not in the right state of mind, when she faced Katara AND Zuko (who obviously was also influenced by the Comet), with Azula's mental state meaning she was no longer in her prime.

UPDATE: I assumed this was one on one, since the picture and question implied that.
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Guykhena(m): 1:31pm On Dec 26, 2014
cao:

The Black Sun meant Azula did not have any firebending and she still avoided Toph. Azula would win. I meant Azula would beat her 6 ways to Sunday (I simply replaced the rather common saying with Sozin's Comet). And about Sozin's Comet, your memory seems rather faulty, it helped the Fire Nation wipe out an entire race/culture/society. And as usual, you conveniently forget that Azula was not in the right state of mind, when she faced Katara AND Zuko (who obviously was also influenced by the Comet), with Azula's mental state meaning she was no longer in her prime.

Lol @faulty,then why did I mention her being in her prime?
Katara clearly handled her ,and your excuse is 'she wasn't in her right state of mind'? What do you expect from a lunatic?
And you've attest to that,so what I don't understand is why then would you think an undisciplined being,who let's emotions cloud her judgement will be able to defeat "Kuvira" a being who lacks such weakness,is just mindblowing.
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by cao(f): 1:42pm On Dec 26, 2014
Guykhena:

Lol @faulty,then why did I mention her being in her prime?
Katara clearly handled her ,and your excuse is 'she wasn't in her right state of mind'? What do you expect from a lunatic?
And you've attest to that,so what I don't understand is why then would you think an undisciplined being,who let's emotions cloud her judgement will be able to defeat "Kuvira" a being who lacks such weakness,is just mindblowing.
I don't have the energy to keep repeating myself, I've stated my case and you've chosen to pick & mix from what appears to be an incomplete Pai Sho set. Anywho, I don talk finish on the matter. I agree to disagree. That's me done on this matter, moving on...
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Guykhena(m): 1:52pm On Dec 26, 2014
cao:

I don't have the energy to keep repeating myself, I've stated my case and you've chosen to pick & mix from what appears to be an incomplete Pai Sho set. Anywho, I don talk finish on the matter. I agree to disagree. That's me done on this matter, moving on...

lol,actually I won't say you were beating around the bush,,but you never for once made it clear,,you were taking different directions,stating tales(which were one time things) that actually never depicted the question in the first place(most times nit-picking yourself). That was why I asked the above question,hoping to get a more clearer response from you.

While I'm on the notion that Kuvira will win bcus of "Discipline&Experience"(and backing it up with tales),but you haven't clearly stated why Azula would win.
So backing out now is just somehow smiley
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by nani667: 3:00pm On Dec 26, 2014
Korra Live ✔

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Lucario007(m): 9:29pm On Dec 26, 2014
Seun:

So funny... And solo true! grin
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Lucario007(m): 9:30pm On Dec 26, 2014
Seun:

So funny... And soooo true! grin
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Nobody: 11:05pm On Dec 26, 2014
Nerdy thread undecided

Reminds me of one big bang film like that angry
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by AltarBoy1: 7:52am On Dec 27, 2014
abeg... link to episode 12 n 13... Thanks
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Collinz2(m): 8:35am On Dec 27, 2014
AltarBoy1:
abeg... link to episode 12 n 13... Thanks
go to www.wapmon.com and search "the legend of korra season 4 episode 12" and download ur thing. 12 and 13 are together and u can get all youtube videos there
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Ayobami97(m): 12:41pm On Dec 27, 2014
Two fans cosplaying as Korra and Mako in 2012

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Seun(m): 10:12pm On Dec 28, 2014
--
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by slyowokoya(f): 6:16am On Dec 29, 2014
I just went though a friday with no new episode of Avatar's animated series and non to look forward to. tongue
Pls someone point me to the comics links.
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Seun(m): 6:37am On Dec 29, 2014
slyowokoya:
I just went though a friday with no new episode of Avatar's animated series and non to look forward to. tongue

Here you go:
Seun:
The Promise:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMVlXnNq8vc

The Search:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTvG4XpMTvw

The Rift:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6FygoZWAlA
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by nani667: 12:29pm On Dec 29, 2014
slyowokoya:

Try Naruto Anime.... Or Attack on Titan ✔

Very enjoyable smiley
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Nobody: 10:57pm On Dec 29, 2014
Nawa ohhhhh.
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by cao(f): 12:25am On Dec 30, 2014
Seun:
--

I could have sworn this was a YouTube fanvid? Or have I finally lost it? Or is this a glitch in the Matrix?

Sidebar: This Papa Appiah ad is killing me, the look on the guy's face...priceless.
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Nobody: 12:45am On Dec 31, 2014
pasqal09:
who do you think would win?
cc:
cao, ujsizzle, preboy, nani667, seun, guykhena
certainly Azula(before losing her mind).... she'd teach kuvira that the battlefield isn't a place for ballerinasgrin
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Fulaman198(m): 3:52am On Dec 31, 2014
Guykhena:

If you talking about that lightening to Aangs back,of cus that's a cheesy/lazy move by Azula,cus Aang was totally not prepared.

But Kuvira actually defeated an Avatar in 'hand to hand' combat,even when the Avatar was in an Avatar State,
c'mon you've gotta give it to her.

Kuvira defeated Korra at her weakest moments. That too didn't count.
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Guykhena(m): 7:48am On Dec 31, 2014
Fulaman198:

Kuvira defeated Korra at her weakest moments. That too didn't count.

You can't compare both instances,Aang wasn't at his weakest,he was attacked unexpectedly from the back as he was in his avatar state(once again,a lazy move by Azula),not with an hand to hand combat,you saying korra was at her weakest is questionable,

First,we know the poison was out of her system.
Secondly,she could still enter her avatar state,and pack a punch(you don't call that weak).

When Kuvira started beating the crap/senses outta Korra,her brain capacity couldn't handle it and started playing tricks on her(cus of almighty Kuvira,lol),you could see her brain was trying to balance the equation,she knew the demonic Korra always beat her a$$ up, and Kuvira too was beating her a$$ up,so what her brain could do was liken both beings together.

Its like Nigeria saying they lost to Congo bcus they were weak,just cus they defeated them in the 2nd leg,instead of admiting they were bested the first time,same applies here.

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (52) (Reply)

20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget / The Best Seasonal Movies Ever Produced In America. What Do You Say? / One Piece (anime/manga)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71