Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,916 members, 7,817,690 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:22 PM

Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... - TV/Movies (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... (161359 Views)

The Legend Of Wale Williams, By Roye-Okupe / Avatar The Last Airbender And Legend Of Korra Lovers / Avatar; The Legend Of Korra Book 4: Balance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by cao(f): 11:52pm On May 02, 2015
Seun:
You felt the need to disagree in order to neutralize donbrowser's praise above, which I certainly dont deserve. I never said that Korra only used airbending during the 2nd fight. I said that Kuvira doesnt have any answer to it, and that Korra's decision to use it made most (not all) of the difference. I made this observation months ago after rewatching the finale video many times, and not just a set of GIFs. tongue I would concede that there was an unexplained improvement in Korra's metalbending as well, but Kuvira was still better than her in that area.
To neutralise praise?? Fortunately, you redeemed yourself in the next phrase. Sorry, the first half of your sentence really rubbed me off the wrong way. If donbrowser wants to praise you, that's his prerogative, why should I be concerned about it? Anywho, I was simply stating the obvious, since the 3rd gif actually showed it. I still feel like I've stumbled into the middle of a conversation...
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by joshuamoses101(m): 1:35am On May 31, 2015
pasqal09:
this got me laughing
boss can i have your number or your mail really wanna talk to you,or you can just whatsapp me on 081652688888 thanks
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by joywendy(f): 1:32pm On Jul 09, 2015
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by pasqal09: 8:28pm On Jul 22, 2015
Touching

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by joywendy(f): 6:03pm On Aug 27, 2015
Saw this on korra's fb page....

ATLA a different perspective...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by cao(f): 8:16pm On Aug 27, 2015
joywendy:
Saw this on korra's fb page....

ATLA a different perspective...

Good old Tumblr, you'll always find one person (or ten) who'll give you an in-depth analysis on fiction. Seriously, I once read the power of the number 7 in the Harry Potter universe complied by the HP fandom on Tumblr.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by lordprogress: 10:20am On Sep 19, 2015
yeah guys i nid ur comment in this debate THE GAANG VS THE KREWS The GAANG comprises of aang,katara,toph,zuko,sokka,momo,appa, The KREW consist of korra,mako,bolin,asami,naga,and pabu Who do you thing will win the GAANG which led by the last airbender AANG And the KREW which led by korra who do you think will win

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by joywendy(f): 10:29pm On Sep 19, 2015
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by cao(f): 11:06pm On Sep 19, 2015
lordprogress:
yeah guys i nid ur comment in this debate
THE GAANG VS THE KREWS
The GAANG comprises of aang,katara,toph,zuko,sokka,momo,appa,
The KREW consist of korra,mako,bolin,asami,naga,and pabu
Who do you thing will win the GAANG which led by the last airbender AANG
And the KREW which led by korra who do you think will win
To compare, we'd need to see both teams in their prime. We saw GAANG when they were 12-14/15 with an Avatar, who was a fully realised Airbender (with an amazing spiritual connection to boot) with a couple of kids, who had to do and learn some rather amazing things in a rather short time. I always feel sorry for Suki, everyone forgets her.

Now, with KREW, we got an Avatar, who was already bending 3 out of the 4 elements, at a very young age. She was physically gifted, but spiritually inept. Unlike Aang, whose strategy was to avoid/evade/dodge, Korra's strategy was to attack head on. Plus KREW were made up of older teenagers and we saw them as young adults in the last season.

Like I said, we'd need to see them at peak condition before we can judge.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by johnydon22(m): 11:32pm On Sep 19, 2015
lordprogress:
yeah guys i nid ur comment in this debate
THE GAANG VS THE KREWS
The GAANG comprises of aang,katara,toph,zuko,sokka,momo,appa,
The KREW consist of korra,mako,bolin,asami,naga,and pabu
Who do you thing will win the GAANG which led by the last airbender AANG
And the KREW which led by korra who do you think will win
[b]Korra is probably the greatest avatar there is with everything she accomplished the highest being conquering the giant spirity Unavatu.

But in a clash like this between GAANG and KREW . . . Here is my bet on it.

(1)Aang Vs Korra.

Aang had a very gentle nature and his ability to restrain himself is almost out of the world. smiley

Korra out matches Aang in physical strength and rage angry but Aang is a talented bender not to talk his gentleness in fights will give him an upper hand over the ATTACK ATTACK AND DESTROY KORRA who will end up punching herself out..

Restraint is a far greater strength than power and rage. .

Aang takes it.

(2)Zuko Vs Mako

Mako is an incredible fire bender and puny Casanova with a ridiculous eye brow but Zuko? grin

Zuko first learnt from Iroh, the Dragon of the west and then Learnt from the dragons themselves afterwards. Out matched the incredible Azula. cool Thats some guy.

Zuko is beating the shiit out of Mako .. cheesy

Zuko takes it.

(3) Toph Vs Bolin
Do i really need to say it? grin

Goofy Bolin against the best earthbender in the Avatarverse... You might be thinking Bolin can lava bend but dont forget who we are dealing with here, the blind bleeping Bandit undecided

And remember the swamp episode where korra met Toph she clearly was cooking with lava but even without lava bending Bolin stands no Chance against toph.

Though the kid Bolin got talent and power, he could easily beat Mako and am sure if Kuvira faced him she would be drowned in a pool of Lava in minutes, he clearly was the greatest earth bender among the young generation... not even Kuvira or Su or lin can match up to Bolin.

But the Legend is the Legend, Toph takes it..

(4)Sokka Vs Asami

This pair is funny because Sokka is going down mehnnn like Gerara here grin

Asami has been immersed in training all her life and we all have seen that girl she is pretty good and pretty pretty too grin

Sokka surely would be taking it as one of his talk shows where he rains down his sassy jokes only to get smoked by an Equalist glove ..

Asami takes it.

(Katara obviously has no pair in the list but if she comes up as a substitute for Sokka, Asami is fvcked for real grin)

(5)Appa Vs Naga
Do we really need to do this? I mean Appa is a 10ton flying Bison.

It outmatches Naga both in size and strength and don't forget those horns, bull power and it can actually fly like feather shocked it can also air bend almost as well as Aang himself.

Naga really stands no chance against this beast.

Appa takes it.

(6)Momo vs Pabu

Momo has seen some real combats during his adventures with the GAANG, i mean we have seen that lemur attack fire nation soldiers or at least play assist on fights and not to forget Momo can fly to.

Pabu can chew and run real quick but in a face to face confrontation, the Lemur obviously has the upper hand.

Momo takes it grin..

So with this it is 5-1 ...Gaang team is the team smiley
[/b]

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Kaycee7(m): 6:57am On Sep 20, 2015
^^
Enough said.

1 Like

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by slyowokoya(f): 8:26am On Sep 20, 2015
johnydon22:

[b]Korra is probably the greatest avatar there is with everything she accomplished the highest being conquering the giant spirity Unavatu.

(1)Aang Vs Korra.

Aang had a very gentle nature and his ability to restrain himself is almost out of the world. smiley

Korra out matches Aang in physical strength and rage angry but Aang is a talented bender not to talk his gentleness in fights will give him an upper hand over the ATTACK ATTACK AND DESTROY KORRA who will end up punching herself out..

Aang takes it.

(2)Zuko Vs Mako

Mako is an incredible fire bender and puny Casanova with a ridiculous eye brow but Zuko? grin

Zuko first learnt from Iroh, the Dragon of the west and then Learnt from the dragons themselves afterwards. Out matched the incredible Azula. cool Thats some guy.

Zuko takes it.

(3) Toph Vs Bolin

Goofy Bolin against the best earthbender in the Avatarverse... You might be thinking Bolin can lava bend but dont forget who we are dealing with here, the blind bleeping Bandit undecided

And remember the swamp episode where korra met Toph she clearly was cooking with lava but even without lava bending Bolin stands no Chance against toph.

Though the kid Bolin got talent and power, he could easily beat Mako and am sure if Kuvira faced him she would be drowned in a pool of Lava in minutes, he clearly was the greatest earth bender among the young generation... not even Kuvira or Su or lin can match up to Bolin.

(4)Sokka Vs Asami

Asami has been immersed in training all her life and we all have seen that girl she is pretty good and pretty pretty too grin

Sokka surely would be taking it as one of his talk shows where he rains down his sassy jokes only to get smoked by an Equalist glove ..

Asami takes it.

(Katara obviously has no pair in the list but if she comes up as a substitute for Sokka, Asami is fvcked for real grin)

(5)Appa Vs Naga

It outmatches Naga both in size and strength and don't forget those horns, bull power and it can actually fly like feather shocked it can also air bend almost as well as Aang himself.

Appa takes it.

(6)Momo vs Pabu

Momo has seen some real combats during his adventures with the GAANG, i mean we have seen that lemur attack fire nation soldiers or at least play assist on fights and not to forget Momo can fly to.

Pabu can chew and run real quick but in a face to face confrontation, the Lemur obviously has the upper hand.

Momo takes it grin..

[/b]

Nicely put. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by slyowokoya(f): 8:33am On Sep 20, 2015
cao:

To compare, we'd need to see both teams in their prime. We saw GAANG when they were 12-14/15 with an Avatar, who was a fully realised Airbender (with an amazing spiritual connection to boot) with a couple of kids, who had to do and learn some rather amazing things in a rather short time. I always feel sorry for Suki, everyone forgets her.

Now, with KREW, we got an Avatar, who was already bending 3 out of the 4 elements, at a very young age. She was physically gifted, but spiritually inept. Unlike Aang, whose strategy was to avoid/evade/dodge, Korra's strategy was to attack head on. Plus KREW were made up of older teenagers and we saw them as young adults in the last season.

Like I said, we'd need to see them at peak condition before we can judge.

Well.... We did have a small glimpse of GAANG in season 1 of TLK. Even Sakka looked like a real grownup grin
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by lordprogress: 8:25pm On Sep 20, 2015
johnnydon has given us the pairing let get our opinion
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by lordprogress: 10:11pm On Sep 20, 2015
me personally i go like this
1Aang vs korra:i think this one is a tough 1 to call because this two avatar are opposite of each other which depend on these factors
With avatar state hmm we saw both avatar in their avatar state and it was clear that aang avatar state as seen againt the firelord could cruch korras avatar state to dust.
With out avatar state hmm both avatar has various fighting technique aang is a queit and tactiful bender who is gifted mainly at airbending and a good frustrater.
Korra on the other hand is a reckless one man army(commando lol) who is easily frustrated but she is a genus in the other 3 element wich make this a hard one to call but i give it to aang
2 mako vs zuko:funny pairing cause makos ass will be kicked realy bad i pity mako if these was to happen.contemplating on what we saw in the show makos firebender where not harmful and very small he was weak through out the show even his lighting where not harmful compare to azulas own who is very deadly as we saw against amon he didnt take amon one minute to recover from the shock even bolin his younger broda will kick his ass
Angainst zuko common that is sucide zuko all the way
3 toph vs bolin:keeping sokka and asami 4 my last cause it will be very funny.
Bolin said toph was his hero seeing toph may make bolin faint but seriously dis is a tough one to call seeing toph she is blind but the greatest earth bender against funny bolin i would have tip toph to kick bolins ass but the inclusion of lava bending make this one a tough one to call it depend on toph ability to spot the larva if she could bolin will be in serious trouble but all desame i give this to bolin cause he will just burn toph feet tala bolin all the way
4 i will bring katara into dis cause we should not leave her out
4Katara vs tenzin(lol mother and son why will they fight)tenzin son of aang an airbending patrogy against katara a fierce water bender with ability to blood bend.LOCATION AN ICY FOTRESS.This will be a match to watch at the first series tenzin was very weak but at the 3rd series against the red lotus became the son of aang we wanted hmm in an icy fotress no bender can fight katara at the poles or will be crushed to dust as we see against zuko in the north pole i go with katara with this one
5sokka vs asami:here cums the funny one the fight of the century
-Sokka the funny guy with is trust worthy boomerang a genius in planning and the master planner of the gaang against asami this fight we determine weather sokka is serious(i luv him as a character so funny even funnier than than the combination of bolin,bumi and melo)if sokka is not seriuos his butt will be kicked but a serious sokka asami should tink thrice because those glove technique wont work i go with sokka cause will be asami against sokka bomerang,spacesword,and his intelegence common sokka will kick her ass sokka all the way
6Appa vs naga is this a joke the gaint bison against naga no match for appa naga is going to be crushed to dust appa wins
7momo vs pabu pabu is no match for the flying lemul momo is a warrior whose battle prepared not the sick weak farret who inherit makos weakness this will be over io a minute momo all the way wat a joke
STATISTIC
THE GANG 6
THE KREW 1 by bolins advantage over blind toph
THE GANG WILL CRUSH THE KREW INTO DUST
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by joywendy(f): 2:11am On Sep 21, 2015
^^^^^guy you got to be kidding?

Did you just say bolin will defeat toph
The fact that bolin has lava bending is not enough to beat toph founder of mental bending, this is someone who trained with the original earthbenders. He no reach where she dey. He is careless and not as well coordinated like toph

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by johnydon22(m): 7:37am On Sep 21, 2015
joywendy:
^^^^^guy you got to be kidding?

Did you just say bolin will defeat toph
The fact that bolin has lava bending is not enough to beat toph founder of mental bending, this is someone who trained with the original earthbenders. He no reach where she dey. He is careless and not as well coordinated like toph

Lava or no lava Bolin doesn't stand a chance.

Don't forget toph already knows an action ahead of the person taking it and her metal bending is out of the world

remember that scene where Lin, Su, Weh and Weng were surrounded by Kuvira's soldiers.

It was almost an earth quake when toph came even when she was an old woman.

In tophs voice "Imagine me in my prime, i would have destroyed you"

Bolin can't beat toph and Sokka can't beat Asami

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by lordprogress: 10:36am On Sep 21, 2015
bolin toph aftar bolin learnt lava bending sumtin changed i see him kicking toph ass who wasnt great with the metal bending bolin will just sink toph in lava and dats the end and toph feet burns
As for sokka asami hmm dunt tink sokka will fall for asami glove trick sokka is a good sword man and a fast learner with is boomerang no chance for asami and 2ndly sokka changed in the 3rd series no longer the playboy we use to knw i giv it to sokka
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by cao(f): 10:43pm On Sep 22, 2015
Sorry folks, unless Sokka has gotten better with his hand to hand combat skills, Asami would pwn him. Y'all are talking like she's only got a glove, the girl is an engineer, an efficient & effective fighter and also has the brains to go with it. Or have y'all forgotten? Asami is similar to Amon's right handman that was martial art-ing the shtako out of benders in season 1. And he was a common henchman. Now, imagine how lethal that guy would have been if he had Asami's brain...
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by HyDef(m): 12:35am On Sep 23, 2015
Most of the members of Gaang were epic benders. Sokka, despite being my favourite, is the least useful, and is the only member of the team that would lose to his counterpart in Krew.

And Bolin beating Toph? Impossibru!
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by pasqal09: 5:36am On Sep 23, 2015
HyDef:
Most of the members of Gaang were epic benders. Sokka, despite being my favourite, is the least useful, and is the only member of the team that would lose to his counterpart in Krew.

And Bolin beating Toph? Impossibru!

You're absolutely wrong about sokka. Without sokka, the gang wouldn't have won the war in the first place.

3 Likes

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by HyDef(m): 6:49am On Sep 23, 2015
pasqal09:

You're absolutely wrong about sokka. Without sokka, the gang wouldn't have won the war in the first place.

I never said Sokka was useless. I'm talking in respect to combat skill.

I agree with you completely, Sokka was 100% vital, no doubt about it.
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Csami(m): 9:21am On Sep 23, 2015
All these are just opinions and that's all since there was no stand-off between Sokka and Asami. Here's my own opinion, Sokka is gonna kick the sh*t outta Asami why? Because he's a talented guy. He mastered sword fighting and knows how to handle his boomerang which is a deadly comb with his sword swings. Let's also know that Asami was older than Sokka when she joined team avatar. He's also good at dodging his enemy's attack and knows when to run from a fight but Asami is all karate and electric glove that's all.
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by BCISLTD: 11:07am On Sep 23, 2015
Csami:
All these are just opinions and that's all since there was no stand-off between Sokka and Asami. Here's my own opinion, Sokka is gonna kick the sh*t outta Asami why? Because he's a talented guy. He mastered sword fighting and knows how to handle his boomerang which is a deadly comb with his sword swings. Let's also know that Asami was older than Sokka when she joined team avatar. He's also good at dodging his enemy's attack and knows when to run from a fight but Asami is all karate and electric glove that's all.

Bros no mind them..they seem to forget sokka...mastered sword fighting and close combat skills...he was tutored by the best in the white Lutus clan....the beating Asami go collect ehn....mtsewww
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by macof(m): 12:17pm On Sep 23, 2015
johnydon22:

(1)Aang Vs Korra.

Aang takes it.

(2)Zuko Vs Mako

Zuko takes it.

(3) Toph Vs Bolin

(4)Sokka Vs Asami

Asami takes it.

(5)Appa Vs Naga

Appa takes it.

(6)Momo vs Pabu

Momo takes it grin..

[/b]

grin grin I like your analysis

But Toph greatest earth bender? I would say King Bumi
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by johnydon22(m): 12:47pm On Sep 23, 2015
macof:

grin grin I like your analysis

But Toph greatest earth bender? I would say King Bumi

King Bumi is a wonderful earth bender and all but Toph is simply out of the world.

Remember shin fu and his cohorts they were just like punny pu_ssys to toph..

In fact anybody that is standing on the ground stands no chance against toph because she already knows your move before you make them unless you can hover around like Aang.

And inventing metal bending? Damn that took a whole lot of it bro, she was simply the best of the best.

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Nobody: 1:00pm On Sep 23, 2015
Still pained this show was cancelled. Nickelodeon really need to give themselves brain snd reboot this series...
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by macof(m): 2:11pm On Sep 23, 2015
johnydon22:

King Bumi is a wonderful earth bender and all but Toph is simply out of the world.

Remember shin fu and his cohorts they were just like punny pu_ssys to toph..

In fact anybody that is standing on the ground stands no chance against toph because she already knows your move before you make them unless you can hover around like Aang.

And inventing metal bending? Damn that took a whole lot of it bro, she was simply the best of the best.

Toph is wonderful no doubt. ... a blind bender for that matter
But king Bumi is just magnificent, that old man was just insane (literally)...he kinda used his mind to Bend. How would toph kno his moves when he doesn't need to move much like other benders?
Remember how he escaped from captivity?

1 Like

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Kaycee7(m): 2:24pm On Sep 23, 2015
So peeps are so sure Asami will pummel Sokka? Look again!!

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Csami(m): 7:19pm On Sep 23, 2015
Kaycee7:
So peeps are so sure Asami will pummel Sokka? Look again!!

The gal stunts dey convince confuse them. By the time Sokka go use her mop him bathroom floor some people eyes go wide.

macof:

But king Bumi is just magnificent, that old man was just insane (literally)...he kinda used his mind to Bend. How would toph kno his moves when he doesn't need to move much like other benders?

Na old age dey make dem feel say Bumi don wash.
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Kaycee7(m): 8:35pm On Sep 23, 2015
macof:

On the contrary, I'll say Bumi is wonderful but Toph is just magnificent. Creating a whole new brand of bending ain't beans.
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by realtem(m): 8:54pm On Sep 23, 2015
macof:

http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Metalbending

Read this and come back to tell me how Bumi is greater than toph.

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (52) (Reply)

20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget / The Best Seasonal Movies Ever Produced In America. What Do You Say? / One Piece (anime/manga)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.