Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,022 members, 7,818,025 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... - TV/Movies (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... (161375 Views)

The Legend Of Wale Williams, By Roye-Okupe / Avatar The Last Airbender And Legend Of Korra Lovers / Avatar; The Legend Of Korra Book 4: Balance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by pasqal09: 9:15am On Dec 27, 2015
undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by wag008(m): 10:38am On Dec 27, 2015
In my opinion both series had their unique quality, but it all comes down to personal choice. So we should not destroy one so as to promote the other. Someone said Sokka is only street wise and not engineering wise, that person is just being petty. Not good at all.

There is no way team TLOK will win that fight.
Zuko will kill that guy that uses fire(forgot his name).
Bolin will put up a good fight but we all know Toph is taking this home.
Katara and Asami in a combat could go both ways but with Kataras blood bending, she is winning this fight.
Sokka and Asami in terms of intelligence. I can't say who has more.
Aang and Korra could also be tough. This decision will always be subjective.
Appa will kill Lana(that Korras pet, not sure I got the name right).
Momo and Paul never really showed any combat skills so we can't say.
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by BraniacX(m): 7:08pm On Dec 27, 2015
cao:

Which Zuko are we talking about - old man Zuko, hothead Zuko, conflicted Zuko or Zuko that finally got his shtako together in the last season? And why should I explain if yes? Why does only one answer warrant an explanation? That already shows a bias to your questioning. Okay, I'm done playing devil's advocate.

I believe I removed myself from this argument/discussion a long while ago, with team Korra, I've always maintained that Asami would beat the snot out of Sokka, six ways till Sunday. Sokka, might have learnt from the Kyoshi Warriors and a sword master, but given Asami's father prejudice against benders, she probably learnt all her martial arts from masters. Sokka is intelligent, a decent strategist, but he sure as hell doesn't have the engineering prowess of Asami, he's street smart, she's book smart. We are better off with pitting Asami against Ty Lee, now I'd pay good money for that fight.

Bolin & Mako might be both excellent benders, but I don't believe they were trained extensively by any masters, they were orphaned street kids that at some point turned to crime before turning probenders. But, Toph & Zuko came from privileged. Yes, Toph family sucked, but she learnt from the original Earth benders - Badger Moles, and she discovered a new subset of Earth bending, Mako might have a slight advantage with lava bending, since that would definitely distort her "reading" of the earth. But, it won't end well for Bolin. Zuko learnt from his Uncle & the original fire benders - Dragons, he might have lacked the control in the beginning thanks to his anger and need for honour, but by the end of the show, he learnt to be patient and observe properly. He was the first one to notice that Azula was not all there, 'cause let's face it, we all know (including team Aang, Zuko's family, random guy on the street) that Azula was the better bender & fighter...But, in the long run, Mako's experience pales to Zuko's, the brothers will try to put up a fight, but they'd lose. See, I still gave an explanation for no...

As for Aang & Korra. I don't know, the Avatars are an interesting bunch with their ever changing personalities and fighting styles. As seen in their premiere season, Aang was a classic runner & avoider, as an airbender, he's default setting is to avoid. Korra (like the previous water Avatar) was the eternal challenger, the go-getter, the muscle - let's be frank, Korra was ripped. The first thing we saw Aang do was delay his responsibility, while with Korra she wanted to get on with it, remember kid!Korra's proclamation - I'm the Avatar, deal with it. By the end of it all, Korra might have lost her connection to all the past Avatars, but she regained a stronger connection with Ravaa, she's the avatar that truly created balance with the spirits and the humans. Aang created balance with the humans. And those that keep going on about the Avatar state, Aang appears to have relied on it more than Korra and we've seen that thanks to his emotional state, he subconsciously slipped into it more times than Korra. Aang's non-violent solution to dangerous benders was to take away their bending....well, that turned out to bite his future self in the ass.

As you can see, I've not given a real definitive, regardless of whom my previous paragraph might lead to. With those two, it could go either way...

Classic!! wink
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by cao(f): 9:39pm On Dec 27, 2015
wag008:
In my opinion both series had their unique quality, but it all comes down to personal choice. So we should not destroy one so as to promote the other. Someone said Sokka is only street wise and not engineering wise, that person is just being petty. Not good at all.

There is no way team TLOK will win that fight.
Zuko will kill that guy that uses fire(forgot his name).
Bolin will put up a good fight but we all know Toph is taking this home.
Katara and Asami in a combat could go both ways but with Kataras blood bending, she is winning this fight.
Sokka and Asami in terms of intelligence. I can't say who has more.
Aang and Korra could also be tough. This decision will always be subjective.
Appa will kill Lana(that Korras pet, not sure I got the name right).
Momo and Paul never really showed any combat skills so we can't say.
Being petty?! Mwuahaha, abeg no kill me with laugh. Maybe you should try remembering actual names instead of substituting them with rather English/Hebrew names. Naga is the name of the Korra's pet. Pabu is the name of Bolin's pet. And Mako is that random guy that uses fire. This guy killing me with Lana & Paul. I was wondering what Lana Kane was doing in TLoK, she would have just shot everybody with her TEC-9s & swayed away.
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by wag008(m): 10:05pm On Dec 27, 2015
cao:

Being petty?! Mwuahaha, abeg no kill me with laugh. Maybe you should try remembering actual names instead of substituting them with rather English/Hebrew names. Naga is the name of the Korra's pet. Pabu is the name of Bolin's pet. And Mako is that random guy that uses fire. This guy killing me with Lana & Paul. I was wondering what Lana Kane was doing in TLoK, she would have just shot everybody with her TEC-9s & swayed away.
thanks for the corrections. Funny comment
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by pasqal09: 5:00pm On Dec 28, 2015
cool

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by lilEmir3(m): 5:24pm On Dec 28, 2015
Team aang all d way,,,I mean aang will just collect korra's bendin & everybody will go home,,As simple as that..& I dont see how Bolin will b able 2 beat Toph,,,Abeg HOW??..(toph,iroh,azula,Katarra, etc are all masters)...team korra is just enthusiastic.
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Vecto(m): 7:21pm On Dec 28, 2015
pasqal09:
Which team do you think would come out victorious?
I think team Korra takes this one.
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Vecto(m): 7:25pm On Dec 28, 2015
lilEmir3:
Team aang all d way,,,I mean aang will just collect korra's bendin & everybody will go home,,As simple as that..& I dont see how Bolin will b able 2 beat Toph,,,Abeg HOW??..(toph,iroh,azula,Katarra, etc are all masters)...team korra is just enthusiastic.
Wrong. Korra will take on Aang anytime any day. She's a lot more skilled and fierce bender than Aang. And. Aang cannot just simply collect Korra's bending just like that. She's equally an avatar like him. you seem to think korra is a weakling.
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by joywendy(f): 7:25pm On Dec 28, 2015
Gosh!!! Can't you people just end this argument already?

1 Like

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Vecto(m): 7:28pm On Dec 28, 2015
joywendy:
Gosh!!! Can't you people just end this argument already?
Huh? I'm just getting started. I'm a fan of the avatar series. grin
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Vecto(m): 7:31pm On Dec 28, 2015
edi287:
Why didn't korra just take away zahir's airbending earlier(which she'll probably does after the fight). For me, Zahir is overrated. Tenzin was whooping his ass till combustion girl and the others intervened. Amon is still the guy for me...something tells me he probably was a member of the red lotus.

I bet yakoone (Amon's father) is more powerful bloodbender than his son. His psychic bloodbending is just too mind blowing.
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by joywendy(f): 7:32pm On Dec 28, 2015
Vecto:
Huh? I'm just getting started. I'm a fan of the avatar series. grin
Where you dey all this while? This argument has been on even when the show was still airing....
It's tiring and getting annoying...
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Vecto(m): 7:43pm On Dec 28, 2015
joywendy:

Where you dey all this while? This argument has been on even when the show was still airing....
It's tiring and getting annoying...
Probably. I have this *spirit* for arguments. Its my favourite hobby. Avatar has always been one of my favourites movies. Arguments like these helps refresh memories. grin

1 Like

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by BraniacX(m): 5:04am On Dec 29, 2015
Sultan5:

When i said asistance i mean in real time that is when i fight is going on.

How did I insult ur intelligence concerning Iroh. I said he is a strong contender what else is there to say

Did you read my post at all. If u did u could see i was just picking fun @Korra to probably lighten the mood.

The problem here is your so focus on this that you r trying to make it personal. But i had i great day and i wouldnt let you ruin it.

N concerning Avatar 1st firebending teacher. I honestly thought Iroh was the 1. Even now i still cant remember who ur refering to.

Honestly though you take things too serious. The only definitive things i said is respect Zuko, and his supremacy over Azula.

N concerning the poison please read lordprogress's post 4 a more clearer view.

Today was christmas i was just poking fun @Korra. So men chill

And lastly i didnt really get ur point about Azula. What was it u were driving at? Anyways i tink i said all i needed to say concerning Azula in my last post.

I guess thats it really?
Have a nice rest.

the spirit of one of master tensin's kids, ikki i think, gave korra a realtime assistance in her fight against unalaq and vaattu just when she was being overwhelmed and her spirit on the brink of total corruption, it doesn't get more realtime than that and having remembered this, I guess my list of korra's spiritual fallbacks, guides and supporters would never be complete as there are just so many of them. have yourself a lovely day too.
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by pasqal09: 2:34pm On Dec 29, 2015
grin grin

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by cao(f): 7:21pm On Apr 24, 2016
Err...hello....

2 Likes

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by BraniacX(m): 7:44pm On Apr 24, 2016
cao:
Err...hello....

Waiting on nickelodeon to wake us up from this slumber embarassed
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by cao(f): 7:53pm On Apr 24, 2016
BraniacX:

Waiting on nickelodeon to wake us up from this slumber embarassed
I don't believe they are ever going to continue the Avatar universe, we were very lucky to even get Korra sef...Imagine, if M. Night Hack-a-ton & co hadn't destroyed the life action film, we could have had our films to look forward to. I saw that s**tfest at my local CeX for £2 on Blu-Ray, the way I hissed & swerved, then I proceeded to believe it did not exist.
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by BraniacX(m): 8:16pm On Apr 24, 2016
cao:

I don't believe they are ever going to continue the Avatar universe, we were very lucky to even get Korra sef...Imagine, if M. Night Hack-a-ton & co hadn't destroyed the life action film, we could have had our films to look forward to. I saw that s**tfest at my local CeX for £2 on Blu-Ray, the way I hissed & swerved, then I proceeded to believe it did not exist.

On the continuation of the avatar universe i pray you're wrong
On the screen translation, well what can i say? Expectations were very high but what we saw left us disgusted and underwhelmed but reality is about 8 or 9 years ago when it was made coupled with their budget, they could have done a whole lot better even though they would have been hard pressed to recreate some awesome bending scenes but i believe that should be possible today with a mega budget and a worthy director befitting a major movie franchise with great potential, the movies would have fed of the animation and fuelled the animation's continuity. Too bad things are not seeming to point that way embarassed but there's always hope, at least if 21 years after, jumanji is being remade.
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by cao(f): 8:24pm On Apr 24, 2016
BraniacX:

On the continuation of the avatar universe i pray you're wrong
On the screen translation, well what can i say? Expectations were very high but what we saw left us disgusted and underwhelmed but reality is about 8 or 9 years ago when it was made coupled with their budget, they could have done a whole lot better even though they would have been hard pressed to recreate some awesome bending scenes but i believe that should be possible today with a mega budget and a worthy director befitting a major movie franchise with great potential, the movies would have fed of the animation and fuelled the animation's continuity. Too bad things are not seeming to point that way embarassed but there's always hope, at least if 21 years after, jumanji is being remade.
I think I've only watched maybe 10 minutes of footage from adverts, Honest trailer & CinemaSins videos. I had it saved on my HDD & I tried to watch it twice, fell asleep both times before Aang was found. Then, my then-housemate watched my copy and then proceeded to warn me to avoid it - he knew I was fan of the animated series. The fact that I'm still angry that it took six guys to move a frakking boulder! After all that martial arts...A. BOULDER! Who the frell is Oong?! Jon, I owe you man, you saved me from stress. M. Night, how could you destroy your child's favourite tv show, why destroy perfection?
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by OlgaLeez: 8:35pm On Apr 24, 2016
I really like science fiction , and I watch it all the time here http://putlocker.as/fantasy/ , my favorite movie is Avatar .
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by BraniacX(m): 8:38pm On Apr 24, 2016
cao:

I think I've only watched maybe 10 minutes of footage from adverts, Honest trailer & CinemaSins videos. I had it saved on my HDD & I tried to watch it twice, fell asleep both times before Aang was found. Then, my then-housemate watched my copy and then proceeded to warn me to avoid it - he knew I was fan of the animated series. The fact that I'm still angry that it took six guys to move a frakking boulder! After all that martial arts...A. BOULDER! Who the frell is Oong?! Jon, I owe you man, you saved me from stress. M. Night, how could you destroy your child's favourite tv show, why destroy perfection?

A question i'm to get an answer to embarassed

And you owe jon one

Imagine the wack martial arts? In a post bruce lee era? Wtf! Who does that on big screen? undecided
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by cao(f): 9:02pm On Apr 24, 2016
BraniacX:

A question i'm to get an answer to embarassed

And you owe jon one

Imagine the wack martial arts? In a post bruce lee era? Wtf! Who does that on big screen? undecided
Seriously, they would have been better off doing an Ember Island Players style version. At least, we would have been in on the joke.
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by nani667: 1:30am On Apr 25, 2016
hmmm
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by kenny1795(m): 8:33am On May 08, 2016
So guys has anyone figured out the mystery which nickeledeon left us with??
WHAT HAPPENED TO ZUKO's MUM?
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Kaycee7(m): 6:11pm On May 12, 2016
About to complete Legend of Korra Season 4.
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by johnydon22(m): 6:23pm On May 12, 2016
kenny1795:
So guys has anyone figured out the mystery which nickeledeon left us with??

WHAT HAPPENED TO ZUKO's MUM?

it was explained in the avatar comics
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by kenny1795(m): 7:31pm On May 12, 2016
johnydon22:

it was explained in the avatar comics
what happened
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by johnydon22(m): 7:33pm On May 12, 2016
kenny1795:
what happened
Long tale brother, long story

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (Reply)

20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget / The Best Seasonal Movies Ever Produced In America. What Do You Say? / One Piece (anime/manga)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.