Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,862 members, 7,810,290 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:49 AM

What Do African Men Want In A Woman! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Do African Men Want In A Woman! (11027 Views)

Things To Know Before Dating African Men / Reasons Ladies In Diaspora Should Marry African Men / Do African Men Prefer Bigger Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do African Men Want In A Woman! by exoticchic(f): 4:22pm On Jul 16, 2006
Looks like beauty and brains just doesn't cut it. I've got that and still have trouble finding a good African man. African men please let me know.
Re: What Do African Men Want In A Woman! by retro(f): 4:24pm On Jul 16, 2006
You're looking for strictly Africans? Well, come to Belgium, there are many Congolese men.
Re: What Do African Men Want In A Woman! by trendy(f): 5:33pm On Mar 15, 2007
What everyman want varies from one man to another?
irrespective of the fact that he is African, Asian or american
what matters is the person, nor the continent he comes from
Dont worry you will find your own man one day
Re: What Do African Men Want In A Woman! by puker(m): 8:10pm On Mar 15, 2007
pls send ur add to frankinmc@yahoo.com and ill be in contact with ya.
Re: What Do African Men Want In A Woman! by anabell(f): 1:45am On Mar 16, 2007
i tink most of them need homely girls, someone dat can cook and always stand by them. hope am rite
Re: What Do African Men Want In A Woman! by Free(f): 1:56am On Mar 16, 2007
African men are no diffrnt from anyother men arun da world

they all want
a cook
a cleaner
etc undecided
Re: What Do African Men Want In A Woman! by trendy(f): 9:34am On Mar 16, 2007
puker:

please send your add to frankinmc@yahoo.com and ill be in contact with ya.

who?
Re: What Do African Men Want In A Woman! by MohdAshiru(m): 7:04pm On Mar 17, 2007
well, i think african men really like women dat make dem feel comfortable n relaxd in wateva condition dey r in.
Re: What Do African Men Want In A Woman! by Nobody: 7:07pm On Mar 18, 2007
a big bum bum
Re: What Do African Men Want In A Woman! by OmoEko1(f): 7:10pm On Mar 18, 2007
African Men want a women they can turn into an HOUSEMAID
Re: What Do African Men Want In A Woman! by orp: 7:07pm On Mar 19, 2007
Unreasonable African men still have the impression that women are like property they've acquired so they want sexual gratification for all they have paid. While some reasonable ones want a better half,a bone of their bone,a flesh of their flesh,a supporter,a woman that will raise the home and children.
Re: What Do African Men Want In A Woman! by spoilt(f): 7:31pm On Mar 19, 2007
@topic

the list is so long. i dunno where to even begin. an african man wants

a woman that will bear sons. (without that, my dear no deal oh!)
a cook, (he likes to eat la cuisine always)
a washerwoman, (don't even dream of taking clothes to the drycleaners)
a tailor, (to patch the children's clothes so that they last forever and a day!)
an accountant ( to manage the crayfish money he gives her)
a sex machine, (na on demand oh)
a farmer (you must be strong enough to hoe the farm with your children)

the list is endless. i could type all day.
he wants it all. he expects everything from one woman.the same woman. grin grin grin and without complaints too. so goodluck in your search!
Re: What Do African Men Want In A Woman! by orp: 8:49pm On Mar 19, 2007
@Spoilt, ,that is not always true. That is why I split my response into two,the reasonable men and the unreasonable men
Re: What Do African Men Want In A Woman! by yaye(f): 9:59pm On Mar 27, 2007
www.yayemarieba..com

I just read this article about what men want in a woman that I am going to add to this post, & I thought it was pure genius , of course that doesn't mean that you'll have "Moctar",or" Pierre",or "Fumi", or "Marko" all wrapped around your finger all at once, let's be real ladizz, it will never happen that way, but @ least you'll have little tips to keep things interesting or at least whenever you slip for a second ,you can always go back and decide to take charge, as much as you can , of coursesmiley So here are some conclusion of my research, just my personal opinion*,

N0.I: ALWAYS MAINTAIN YOURSELF
, I know , I know if you are anything like me you'll say, why does it have to always be about looks? Well ladizz after research and "talkin w/men" I've realized that for the most part the first thing that attracts them are our looks, our African curves (cos you know Mother Nature was generous when she made us, lol) "Fatou" may be skinny all she wants, and have a waist a la "Shakira" but trust & believe that she will have some ity bitty , junk in the trunk!! , Don't fight it mamas , it's in the genes, Besides you know how it is in our culture , our men like to show us off, and have their friends drool w/green envy, thinking to themselves why can't be my wifey be like that, lol

Plus I have 2 admit that I wouldn't want "my average Mahmoud" who was looking fly when I first met him ,start gowing a humengous gutt, I'm just saying , lol

N0 II: KEEP HIM IN CHECK,
He can say whatever he wants to say , but any African Diva can tell you that

YOU SHOULD NEVER AND I REPEAT NEVER GIVE IT ALL ,

at least all at once to your African Warrior, big mistake , mm !!Get this they love 1 bit of challenge, remenber the way they used to court us back in the days, okay, aight, of course times have changed & so have our African brothas but I'll say it again they love , actually they long for a bit of work, he has 2 sweat a bit, so the "I loveee you to death Bachelor style" ain't gonna work for long with the "him " you chose,

So know how to give a bit and take a bit back, for example, he calls, please don't bombard the poor man of 10 phone calls and 50 text messages just to say that your boss is getting on your nerves or that you gained weight, keep that for your chickas , your road-dawgs if you may(plus it will be xtra conversation, lol), basically what I'm saying is stay subtle , approachable while still needed to be conquered over & over again,

No III: BE HIS NO1 FAN,
Believe it or men are big babies at heart, and just like their mamas did , they want us to cheer them on, tell them sincerly that "yeah that they can reach the sky", and that yeah "that idea of business that they may have, may be a great idea but maybe just not right now"(before that fool goes on and spend every last $ that u need for the kids ) , but w/a bit of saving and more research a bit later, and that yeah even though times are hard, they may be living in the Western World and having to engage in things they may not have wantedto but that yeah "they can do it", or that being in our lovely Africa,even though times are hard but that they can do it regardless, This brings me to my next point a bit sensitive* but,

No IV: LETTING HIM BELIEVE FOR HIS EGO SAKE THAT HE'S SOMEWHAT IN CONTROL,
y'all know that African men love to feel like they are consulted in every decision making, taking that away from them , SUICIDE!! surely a lit bit of their manly confidence goes away in smoke, and you don't wanna do that trust, They may stay in the relationship, but trust & believe that they will ressent your a, ('xuse my french)
So I know we're part of a new generation where we feel like we can do it all and not be similar to the women of our mother's generation, but ladizz we are African women so in some way we need to tame it down a bit, or fake it(LOL , whatever you chose to do, our African brothas for the most part won't change , and a relationship is built on compromise, so if in order to have peace in the home we need to loosen a bit the belt "on our superwoman dress", I guess that'll have 2 do, plus I don't know about y'all but I do love me a man who takes charge,

NO V:DO YOUR OWN THANG LADIZZZ,
Don't live your lives 100% around your men, don't live your lives around their schedules, around their phone calls, actually don't live your lives solely around their dreams, We are all born as individuals, of course when you get married you become 1, but even then, you have to keep a bit of you to you, otherwise you
won't have anything to give anymore, and whether they admit or not, they will take you for granted, can I get an Amen to that? If a man knows that your only objective in life is to sit at home waiting for his call, he won' t be in a rush to get in touch with you because he knows that you ain't going where, NO WHERE, that's just human nature, we're selfish by nature, so school him, show him that he ain't got it all like that, he still has to work for your attention, So if it's hanging out at the African resto, catching a flick, taking a dance class, or even having a girls night out, why not, they do it all the time, of course just as anything in life you have to have balance otherwise, but DO YOU!!
I think that's 1 of the biggest mistakes our elders did, and in some ways now they regret it because they didn't have anything for themselves, even if it's taking 15 minutes in the morning to work out or watch tv, going to the store w/a friend, going to a wedding, , whatever DO SOMETHING FOR YOU.

VI: RESPECT YOURSELF, HIM , HIS FAMILY,
aight we all have those terrible stories of atrocious African mothers in law, or witches as sisters in law, you know the story, I don't even need to go there, in our African society it's a given you will aways find someone in his family who won't like your gut and will make it his or her mission to destroy your relationship any kind of way possible , so what do you do? Franckly it's hard to answer, but you try to preserve your cool and your good manners to the maximum, of course do not let abuse it, but try to be polite, be short, stay on your guard, try to be helpful, be never gossip with his family, I don't care what they say, keep it for your damn self or share it w/your chickas once again, but never gossip w/them, keep it short , polite and keep it walking, I think it's important to maintan family relationship on both sides, if it's just by calling once 1 month, sending a little something, you don't have 2 be 1 millionaire to do so, hello there's 99cents store, lol okay not quite but you get the picture, make some fish patties or something if not for you but for him, of course he has to do the same, of course, but try to make things as smooth as possible,

WE'RE AFRICAN, IT COUNTS, & IT WILL ALWAYS COUNT,
DON'T KID YOURSELVES!

VII/PRESERVE YOUR SEXY,
You have to ladizz, there's too much temptation out there, (coming from a feminist)and y'all know men are weak, mm I don't care what no one has 2 say, y'all know, I know, It's not an excuse to cheat, I'm not saying that we should wear a shirt saying "MY MAN CHEAT SO I HAVE TO LOOK GOOD"noo,
I'm saying make yourself feel good for you and for him too, bring up those little diali-dialis, (perls, whatever, )
get to know your friend Vickie last Name Secret, get to know those other African lingerie designers Nafytoo and co, u know, get to know your aunty who has the best encess, thiouraye, you know , keep it up.

VIII/GET TO KNOW YOUR BEST FRIEND, GOD!
Gal your friends can talk all they want, but the ony person who can trully make you feel better is the AllMighthy , when all hell falls on you , they might love you all they want, but there's nothing they can do but say "I feel you" so like our mamas say your truest friend apart from your soul sistas is God , get to know him and share him w/your dude , it will always strenghten your relationship and his respect for you, and your own

IX/LAST BUT NOT LEAST RELAX, COS YOU HAVE , YOU!!
, All these advices are all nice and dandy but they are that, advices!!, real life will take place, so there will be times, where you won't remenber those advices or simply not care about them but that's ok live your life until you get back to that place where you are receptive to them, And remenber if that relationship, that marriage doesn't work out, IT'S OK!!
If you've tried everything, prayed your heart out and still nothing ,
IT'S TRULLY OK, pain, will come, but at some point your fighting spirit will give birth again to hope and another love, God's Willing!

Here's that wonderful piece that inspired me:
http://www.aspirenow.com/smooth_10_00_what_men_want.htm

So brace yourselves, get ready for the roller coaster cos it sure will be one, !!
Eyee Wayeesmiley

Posted by Africainement at 3/27/2007 0 comments
Re: What Do African Men Want In A Woman! by Free(f): 4:13am On Mar 29, 2007
wettin be dis long thing
Re: What Do African Men Want In A Woman! by OmoEko1(f): 4:15am On Mar 29, 2007
what the hell is this.

damn how are we suppose to read that long ass shit grin grin grin
Re: What Do African Men Want In A Woman! by Free(f): 4:18am On Mar 29, 2007
I see U dnt like Reading grin grin grin tongue
Re: What Do African Men Want In A Woman! by macalurs(m): 7:50am On Mar 30, 2007
Men want YOU. The un-inhibited, untainted, unafraid, real, kind-but-stern, no-bullshit, honest you. Women nowadays are fakers. They fake everything even orgasms!?--anyways the point is: When you're the stereotypical woman, men become stereotypical in their approach toward you.

If you walk, talk, dress, sound, look like beyonce, he'll treat you like he treated the previous 100 of you. And it happens automatically.

Design YOU. A real man is a sucker for autheticity in a woman. If you want a real man, become a real woman, and fake men will have to step up and act right: "This lady is the sh*t-- I gotta be real with this one--"
Re: What Do African Men Want In A Woman! by LJ(m): 10:12am On Mar 30, 2007
@macalurs. Thats a very brilliant input. Be good
Re: What Do African Men Want In A Woman! by spoilt(f): 4:43pm On Mar 30, 2007
@macalurs
well said. women are always trying to morph themselves into what they think men want. and this sometimes is because men tend to flock towards a certain kind of woman.
Re: What Do African Men Want In A Woman! by aaliyah06(f): 5:59am On Mar 31, 2007
[b]I have been waiting for a post like this.  All I can say is be yourself. Men see right though a fake a$$ women. Be it her hair, nails, fake breast or padded buttom fake attitude (if you a bytch sistas you a bytch dont fake the funk). If you are not real and true to thyself it was all for nothing. Be yourself sistas WE ARE THE BOMB ayways. No need to be anything other than you. Men love the real thing baby.

I love Maya Angelou. She wrote a poem that has inspired me to be the best I can be and true to myself. Hope you all enjoy reading it as much as I love sharing it with you.The poem is long but well worth reading. Please enjoy.

Phenomenal Woman

by Maya Angelou

Pretty women wonder where my secret lies
I'm not cute or built to suit a model's fashion size
But when I start to tell them
They think I'm telling lies.
I say
It's in the reach of my arms
The span of my hips
The stride of my steps
The curl of my lips.
I'm a woman
Phenomenally
Phenomenal woman
That's me.

I walk into a room
Just as cool as you please
And to a man
The fellows stand or
Fall down on their knees
Then they swarm around me
A hive of honey bees.
I say
It's the fire in my eyes
And the flash of my teeth
The swing of my waist
And the joy in my feet.
I'm a woman
Phenomenal woman
That's me.

Men themselves have wondered
What they see in me
They try so much
But they can't touch
My inner mystery.
When I try to show them
They say they still can't see.
I say
It's in the arch of my back
The sun of my smile
The ride of my breasts
The grace of my style.
I'm a woman
Phenomenally
Phenomenal woman
That's me.

Now you understand
Just why my head's not bowed
I don't shout or jump about
Or have to talk real loud
When you see me passing
It ought to make you proud.
I say
It's in the click of my heels
The bend of my hair
The palm of my hand
The need for my care.
'Cause I'm a woman
Phenomenally
Phenomenal woman
That's me.
[/b]
Re: What Do African Men Want In A Woman! by bobezey(m): 2:10am On Apr 02, 2007
A good woman. Loyalty, warm heart and a tigress in the bedroom.
Re: What Do African Men Want In A Woman! by Ivvie: 2:46pm On Apr 09, 2007
A nigerian man in his right mind will not marry a feminist and someone that can't cook.
Re: What Do African Men Want In A Woman! by MP007(m): 7:17pm On Jul 30, 2007
plz dont ask this question here, this is 2007

am a man , reformed african man , may be cos i live in the usa

1. african men want ladies they can control, african mehn are basically control freaks

2. want ladies that they make more money than, (sign of weakness if ur wife makes more)
Re: What Do African Men Want In A Woman! by sammy6(m): 7:48pm On Jul 30, 2007
Women that shut up and keep their opinions to themselves
Re: What Do African Men Want In A Woman! by osereka(m): 8:11pm On Jul 30, 2007
Hnmm what I want in a woman? grin

1. BOOBS [i mean big boobs] without it I will not look at you 2 times

2 make e sabi cook better food.[ NO BE INDOMIE O] i mean real african dish

3 make she be woman[ i mean fertile woman ] no be she - man o

E T C
Re: What Do African Men Want In A Woman! by Ivvie: 9:31pm On Jul 30, 2007
MP007:

plz don't ask this question here, this is 2007

am a man , reformed african man , may be because i live in the usa

1. african men want ladies they can control, african mehn are basically control freaks

2. want ladies that they make more money than, (sign of weakness if your wife makes more)

007, indeed, I can see that you are reformed. You've been brainwashed by Marxism and don't glory in it. You are just like the rest. Hardly do African's promote their cultural ethics and values. One thing you should understand is that men rule and fashion this world. Women play by that music and all they do is for the sake of men, knowing or unknowingly. Men determine the standard of culture and women adhere to it. I'm not a chauvinist but I took time to sit and understand the principle. You are an African and nothing in this world would change it no matter your level of integration. The whites will not and never accept you. The world can never be one. I make sure everybody I know gets a bit of Africa. That way, everybody is rid of the tarzan notion that Africa is a jungle.

$ammy:

Women that shut up and keep their opinions to themselves

Sammy,

Women that shut up and keep their opinions to themselves are not foolish or dumb. They are indeed smart or wise to be precise. Their brains are defaulted to be the central processing unit unlike those with mouths faster than their brains. Ever heard of the word "meek?" Meek is not equivalent to weakness. There is no woman feminine that a man would disrespect. I am not referring to the men that call themselves women. When she begins to folly, disrespect comes in and one is reduced to the others.

Aaliyah,

The reason some women are into those fads is because some men prefer that. I wonder where the glory is in being fake. Horse hair and fossil nails, high hills and heavy make up. Like begets like - they are only looking for people of their own kind (same personality).
Re: What Do African Men Want In A Woman! by presido1: 10:07pm On Jul 30, 2007
Ivvie:

007, indeed, I can see that you are reformed. You've been brainwashed by Marxism and don't glory in it. You are just like the rest. Hardly do African's promote their cultural ethics and values. One thing you should understand is that men rule and fashion this world. Women play by that music and all they do is for the sake of men, knowing or unknowingly. Men determine the standard of culture and women adhere to it. I'm not a chauvinist but I took time to sit and understand the principle. You are an African and nothing in this world would change it no matter your level of integration. The whites will not and never accept you. The world can never be one. I make sure everybody I know gets a bit of Africa. That way, everybody is rid of the tarzan notion that Africa is a jungle.
Well said, in short i feel you jare.
Re: What Do African Men Want In A Woman! by WesleyanA(f): 10:25pm On Jul 30, 2007
Ivvie:

Sammy,

Women that shut up and keep their opinions to themselves are not foolish or dumb. They are indeed smart or wise to be precise. Their brains are defaulted to be the central processing unit unlike those with mouths faster than their brains. Ever heard of the word "meek?" Meek is not equivalent to weakness. There is no woman feminine that a man would disrespect. I am not referring to the men that call themselves women. When she begins to folly, disrespect comes in and one is reduced to the others.

i actually can't believe this comment from someone who has access to the internet. you sure you live in 2007 and not 1850?

MP007:

plz don't ask this question here, this is 2007

am a man , reformed african man , may be because i live in the usa

1. african men want ladies they can control, african men are basically control freaks

2. want ladies that they make more money than, (sign of weakness if your wife makes more)

i feel you. i live in the usa too.
Re: What Do African Men Want In A Woman! by BABEELOVE(f): 10:25pm On Jul 30, 2007
@topic
Lifelong slavery! Without any possiblity of freedom for the "wife" or "girlfriend"! undecided
Re: What Do African Men Want In A Woman! by daprince: 11:26pm On Jul 30, 2007
WesleyanA:

i actually can't believe this comment from someone who has access to the internet. you sure you live in 2007 and not 1850?

Wes, what did u try to imply by that statement please? I would like to know what was on ur mind when u made that statement before I respond to it because I don't wanna jump in without understanding u. Was that statement in disagreement with what he said or what?
Re: What Do African Men Want In A Woman! by Ivvie: 11:49pm On Jul 30, 2007
@  WesleyanA , Babeelove, Daprince

What is so American about 2007 with respect to 1850?  I am American and Nigerian by blood and there is nothing that talks about 2007 in correlation to 1850 as being American or living in America.  It isn't called slavery.  Slavery today is a lot more complicated and blurry that it'll take the simple to discern it.  Reformed indeed! One wakes and decides to let the elites shape his/her life and they call it modern. That indeed is slavery.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Ejaculates On A Lady At Diamond Bank, Nnewi, Anambra While On A Queue / What Women Want (WWW) / Women Are Meant For A Man's Sexual Gratification ONLY, My sexscapade Yesterday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.