Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,518 members, 7,823,226 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (132) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (820824 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Saint316: 4:53am On Sep 17, 2016
@abujaniv,
Thank you for your prompt response. I have informed her and she has sent an email to this effect. Hoping she gets a meaningful response.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by ezegold4we: 6:44pm On Sep 17, 2016
firstly i want to thank you guys at NIVABUJA for the powerful insight being dished out in this forum,

my question goes like this

i was interviewed on 15th sept at abuja office,the purpose of my travel is to witness my cousins marriage anniversary coming up in california on 24th sept,and the interview with the VO goes like this

ME=good morning sir with a light smile
VO=morning
VO=why are you going to california?
ME=i told him that i am going for my cousins wedding aniversary coming up on 24th
VO=your brothers immigration status
ME=told him that he is a permanent resident holder in united states
VO=what of his wife
ME=told him shes an american citizen by birth
VO=do you know their address?
ME=told him xxxx sacramento, california
VO=he said that since it is a marriage anniversary that they are already married,that for now,am not eligible,typed for few minutes and gave me the brown papaer called 214b of the immigration act,

note=now my cousin wants to use his lawyer over there to appeal and counter their decision so that i will be given another date to reappear at the embassy for another fresh interview,

pls i need your advice,thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by nairadeen: 8:52pm On Sep 18, 2016
Hello VO, which of the options (yes or no) should I choose with this question 'Have you made specific travel plan' when filling my ds160 form online? I have only been provided with name and address of the hotel I will be staying in USA during my training. Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:32am On Sep 19, 2016
ezegold4we:
firstly i want to thank you guys at NIVABUJA for the powerful insight being dished out in this forum,

my question goes like this

i was interviewed on 15th sept at abuja office,the purpose of my travel is to witness my cousins marriage anniversary coming up in california on 24th sept,and the interview with the VO goes like this

ME=good morning sir with a light smile
VO=morning
VO=why are you going to california?
ME=i told him that i am going for my cousins wedding aniversary coming up on 24th
VO=your brothers immigration status
ME=told him that he is a permanent resident holder in united states
VO=what of his wife
ME=told him shes an american citizen by birth
VO=do you know their address?
ME=told him xxxx sacramento, california
VO=he said that since it is a marriage anniversary that they are already married,that for now,am not eligible,typed for few minutes and gave me the brown papaer called 214b of the immigration act,

note=now my cousin wants to use his lawyer over there to appeal and counter their decision so that i will be given another date to reappear at the embassy for another fresh interview,

pls i need your advice,thanks.

There is no appealing non-immigrant visa adjudications; the decision that day is final.

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:34am On Sep 19, 2016
nairadeen:
Hello VO, which of the options (yes or no) should I choose with this question 'Have you made specific travel plan' when filling my ds160 form online? I have only been provided with name and address of the hotel I will be staying in USA during my training. Thank you.

That's your call

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by shina88: 1:31pm On Sep 19, 2016
Hi VO,

I appeared for B1 visa interview on Friday 16th September, 2016 but was denied.

Can I reapply within the week or next as I am suppose to attend an IMF/World bank annual meeting to start on 2nd October, 2016.

Is it advisable to reapply after one week of being denied.

Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:22pm On Sep 19, 2016
shina88:
Hi VO,

I appeared for B1 visa interview on Friday 16th September, 2016 but was denied.

Can I reapply within the week or next as I am suppose to attend an IMF/World bank annual meeting to start on 2nd October, 2016.

Is it advisable to reapply after one week of being denied.

Thanks

You are legally allowed to reapply so long as you weren't told otherwise - but if nothing material has changed regarding your circumstances, the outcome will likely be the same.

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Dammiehar(f): 10:37pm On Sep 19, 2016
Hello, i am having an issue right now and i hope someone will be able to help out. I am trying to help my brother book his student visa appointment to no avail. The issue is this, he renewed his B1/B2 visa with the family as a dependent in March, so his profile is already in the system. I have not been able to use my dad's profile to book it cos only my dad's profile keeps popping upand could not be edited. I decided to create new log in details for him. I also could not proceed as the system was telling me his profile is already existing. I sent an email to the support people and i got a reply that was not even relevant to the situation. This was what i got:

Thank you for writing to the U.S. Visa Service Desk.

We understand that your are experiencing problems scheduling a regular appointment.
Our system indicates you have scheduled for dropbox even though you did not qualify. Therefore, we will not be able to release your MRV receipts. You will be required to purchase another receipt and answer questions as it applies to you to schedule a regular appointment.

We hope this information is helpful to you.

Please visit https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/T3P3RXJ to share feedback on the services we provide.

Have a pleasant day!

Regards,
U.S. Visa Service Desk.

Someone should pls help out as i have not even scheduled any appointment at all. Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by deor03(m): 8:29am On Sep 20, 2016
Hi @Abujaniv ,

My family ( but 1) qualifies for a drop box, we are planning on renewing our visas for trip in few months.

The latest addition to the family, less than a two years old, has never been to the USA.

Do we proceed on a drop box for the rest, while the baby applies to be interviewed ?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by AK89: 9:20am On Sep 20, 2016
@abujaniv Good morning. I applied for US Visa interview in August, 2016 for me and my wife (accompanying) for vacation (to be sponsored by me); with the available dates being in October 2016, which we selected. However when filling the form in August 2016, she was unemployed but in September 2016, she was able to get a job. My question are as follows:
1. Do I need to change the information in the form itself or simply inform the Interviewer of the change in job status (for my wife) on the day of the interview? thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by iguita: 10:18am On Sep 20, 2016
Dear @abujaniv,

I am Nigerian and I plan to travel to San Jose, Costa Rica and I will transit via George Bush International Airport in Houston.

I will like to know if I need a transit visa.

If yes, what is the cost of the visa? Do I need to do an interview at the embassy for the visa? What documents do I need to apply for the visa and how long before I get the visa.

I look forward to your response.

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Julius1717: 12:02pm On Sep 20, 2016
i greet everyone, pls I need your help on something.
I have a uncle who is in the u.s for more than 20 years now and is a green card holder , he is a brother to my late mother so we don't answer the same surname.
He wants me to come and join him in the u.s ,
He wants me to come with a visiting visa , and said the student visa takes time,
Pls I want to know what my chances are because I only have a high school certificate which I got 6 years ago,
Have just been into normal hustling and I have less than 200k in my account...
And also what I want to also ask is if I get there will I be able to get a green card ? Even when am coming with a visiting visa... Pls anyone should pls enlighten me ... Thanks all
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:23am On Sep 21, 2016
Dammiehar:
Hello, i am having an issue right now and i hope someone will be able to help out. I am trying to help my brother book his student visa appointment to no avail. The issue is this, he renewed his B1/B2 visa with the family as a dependent in March, so his profile is already in the system. I have not been able to use my dad's profile to book it cos only my dad's profile keeps popping upand could not be edited. I decided to create new log in details for him. I also could not proceed as the system was telling me his profile is already existing. I sent an email to the support people and i got a reply that was not even relevant to the situation. This was what i got:

Thank you for writing to the U.S. Visa Service Desk.

We understand that your are experiencing problems scheduling a regular appointment.
Our system indicates you have scheduled for dropbox even though you did not qualify. Therefore, we will not be able to release your MRV receipts. You will be required to purchase another receipt and answer questions as it applies to you to schedule a regular appointment.

We hope this information is helpful to you.

Please visit https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/T3P3RXJ to share feedback on the services we provide.

Have a pleasant day!

Regards,
U.S. Visa Service Desk.

Someone should pls help out as i have not even scheduled any appointment at all. Thank you.

All technical and system issues are directed to our call center: +234 144 06 218

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:23am On Sep 21, 2016
deor03:
Hi @Abujaniv ,

My family ( but 1) qualifies for a drop box, we are planning on renewing our visas for trip in few months.

The latest addition to the family, less than a two years old, has never been to the USA.

Do we proceed on a drop box for the rest, while the baby applies to be interviewed ?

Yes
AK89:
@abujaniv Good morning. I applied for US Visa interview in August, 2016 for me and my wife (accompanying) for vacation (to be sponsored by me); with the available dates being in October 2016, which we selected. However when filling the form in August 2016, she was unemployed but in September 2016, she was able to get a job. My question are as follows:
1. Do I need to change the information in the form itself or simply inform the Interviewer of the change in job status (for my wife) on the day of the interview? thanks.

If you can change it, then go ahead and change it. Otherwise tell the interviewer at the interview.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:24am On Sep 21, 2016
iguita:

Dear @abujaniv,

I am Nigerian and I plan to travel to San Jose, Costa Rica and I will transit via George Bush International Airport in Houston.

I will like to know if I need a transit visa.

If yes, what is the cost of the visa? Do I need to do an interview at the embassy for the visa? What documents do I need to apply for the visa and how long before I get the visa.

I look forward to your response.

Thank you.

Yes you need a transit visa. The cost is the same as a B1/B2, equivalent of $160. All information regarding documents have been discussed at length on this forum.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:25am On Sep 21, 2016
Julius1717:
i greet everyone, pls I need your help on something.
I have a uncle who is in the u.s for more than 20 years now and is a green card holder , he is a brother to my late mother so we don't answer the same surname.
He wants me to come and join him in the u.s ,
He wants me to come with a visiting visa , and said the student visa takes time,
Pls I want to know what my chances are because I only have a high school certificate which I got 6 years ago,
Have just been into normal hustling and I have less than 200k in my account...
And also what I want to also ask is if I get there will I be able to get a green card ? Even when am coming with a visiting visa... Pls anyone should pls enlighten me ... Thanks all

You've just explained to us that your intent is to go to the United States and not depart. You do not qualify for a B1/B2 visa.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by iguita: 2:01pm On Sep 21, 2016
Thank you @Abujaniv

abujaniv:

Yes you need a transit visa. The cost is the same as a B1/B2, equivalent of $160. All information regarding documents have been discussed at length on this forum.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Akorkor(f): 6:16pm On Sep 21, 2016
Good morning consular, I really appreciate your work on this forum. Please I have a question; I went for B1/B2 interview in Accra and purpose is for childbirth but was denied despite the fact that we are capable with our finances and all but what surprised me was the Visa Officer did not even check any of my document I tried to present to him. So after the interview, I reviewed myself and I saw that it maybe my ties to Accra that made him denied me because I haven't spent up to a year there despite the fact that I have a residence permit. My question now is am planning to re apply in lagos with my husband and I want to know how to go about applying as a couple? I hope my Visa will be granted this time.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by oknee: 5:53am On Sep 22, 2016
Hello abuja niv

My mum has a two year visa that is expiring in Jan. She didn't get to use it because of an eye surgery she had during the proposed dates. Now, she wants to travel because my sister is expecting and needs her by her side after birth. She wants to stay for 3 months ( from dec to feb) but unfortunately her visa would have elapsed by then.
Does she qualify for dropbox in other to renew or to go for another interview.?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by fashrules: 8:03am On Sep 22, 2016
@abujaniv
Kudos to you for a great job on here. I had a tourist visa interview on Sept 16, and I was denied and given the 216b letter. I was to attend a religious conference in PA, USA from Oct 18-21. Although I am an assistant resident pastor in my church, on my application form I filled in my admin job in FRCN to show my tie back home. I am also married (2 yrs) and with a child. The CO asked for what I do, and I told her about my admin job, for consistency sake, and shortly after mentioned my pastoral role. She asked for my admin roles and i told her has I had it on my application. I had all necessary supporting documents with me, which as I have now realized, were not checked.
I would like to understand specifically why I was denied, and if I can re-apply soon. Will it be more advisable to fill in my pastoral role in my application form to attend a religious conference instead of my FRCN job to indicate a strong connection between my role and the program I intend to attend?
Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Akorkor(f): 11:29am On Sep 22, 2016
Hello Abuja NIV,

Please i am trying to reapply for a visa after being denied of B1/B2. My purpose of traveling is for childbirth, but now i will like to re-apply with my husband. Please should i apply for only B2 this time and husband apply for B1/B2 or both of us should apply for B1/B2. Please your response will be highly appreciated. Thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by softfirre: 2:08pm On Sep 22, 2016
Hello VO,

I have rephrased my question as clearly as I possibly can. All I am trying to do is reschedule an interview for an earlier date.

If by you seeing no ambiguity in that warning message simply means appointments cannot be rescheduled, I wish you would state that more appropriately and not dismissively as I have still been left confused to say the least.

I will call the centre for some guidance instead.

Regards

Softfirre

softfirre:

Hello VO,

Many thanks for your response.

Please could you also confirm if it is possible to reschedule an appointment without losing the paid fee.

It says cancel and not reschedule. This is my confusion.

Regards

Softfirre

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:16pm On Sep 22, 2016
Akorkor:
Good morning consular, I really appreciate your work on this forum. Please I have a question; I went for B1/B2 interview in Accra and purpose is for childbirth but was denied despite the fact that we are capable with our finances and all but what surprised me was the Visa Officer did not even check any of my document I tried to present to him. So after the interview, I reviewed myself and I saw that it maybe my ties to Accra that made him denied me because I haven't spent up to a year there despite the fact that I have a residence permit. My question now is am planning to re apply in lagos with my husband and I want to know how to go about applying as a couple? I hope my Visa will be granted this time.

If you want to interview together, just apply the normal way and select the option to interview together.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:17pm On Sep 22, 2016
oknee:
Hello abuja niv

My mum has a two year visa that is expiring in Jan. She didn't get to use it because of an eye surgery she had during the proposed dates. Now, she wants to travel because my sister is expecting and needs her by her side after birth. She wants to stay for 3 months ( from dec to feb) but unfortunately her visa would have elapsed by then.
Does she qualify for dropbox in other to renew or to go for another interview.?

If her full-validity B1/B2 visa has expired in the last 48 months she is eligible for dropbox.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:19pm On Sep 22, 2016
fashrules:
@abujaniv
Kudos to you for a great job on here. I had a tourist visa interview on Sept 16, and I was denied and given the 216b letter. I was to attend a religious conference in PA, USA from Oct 18-21. Although I am an assistant resident pastor in my church, on my application form I filled in my admin job in FRCN to show my tie back home. I am also married (2 yrs) and with a child. The CO asked for what I do, and I told her about my admin job, for consistency sake, and shortly after mentioned my pastoral role. She asked for my admin roles and i told her has I had it on my application. I had all necessary supporting documents with me, which as I have now realized, were not checked.
I would like to understand specifically why I was denied, and if I can re-apply soon. Will it be more advisable to fill in my pastoral role in my application form to attend a religious conference instead of my FRCN job to indicate a strong connection between my role and the program I intend to attend?
Thank you.

1) We don't advise people on how to get visas or critique their interviews;
2) We never look at documents;
3) Unless told otherwise, you legally can apply again. However, if nothing has changed, the outcome will likely be the same;
4) Put whichever position you prefer as your primary employment.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:19pm On Sep 22, 2016
Akorkor:
Hello Abuja NIV,

Please i am trying to reapply for a visa after being denied of B1/B2. My purpose of traveling is for childbirth, but now i will like to re-apply with my husband. Please should i apply for only B2 this time and husband apply for B1/B2 or both of us should apply for B1/B2. Please your response will be highly appreciated. Thank you

B1/B2 for both individuals.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:21pm On Sep 22, 2016
The warning message says that if you cancel your current appointment slot you will need to pay a new MRV fee. It is straightforward.

softfirre:
Hello VO,

I have rephrased my question as clearly as I possibly can. All I am trying to do is reschedule an interview for an earlier date.

If by you seeing no ambiguity in that warning message simply means appointments cannot be rescheduled, I wish you would state that more appropriately and not dismissively as I have still been left confused to say the least.

I will call the centre for some guidance instead.

Regards

Softfirre

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Akorkor(f): 2:22pm On Sep 22, 2016
abujaniv:

B1/B2 for both individuals.

Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) ... (229)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.