Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,049 members, 7,825,342 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (131) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (821081 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by princekkb: 5:03pm On Sep 08, 2016
abujaniv:
Hello Princekkb,

The U.S. does not stamp passports when someone exits the country. There is no need to worry, just ensure that you declare on your application the correct duration of stay in the U.S. for all of your trips.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

Thanks @Abujaniv.

Kindly direct further sir. I submitted a dropbox application for myself and got a mail to the effect that my passport was ready for collection last week. Got into Lagos and picked up two evenings ago. However my previous visa got cancelled without prejudice but not yet renewed. In the package received was my International passport and the below ATTACHED paper/letter from the Consulate. I however do not know what documents to come along with as none of the boxes in the letter was marked or ticked to guide. is this the norm, or is there a way to know what should have been ticked?
Noticed from my dashboard on the cgi website that i can schedule a follow-up interview but don't know what to come to the interview with. All i have been able to think of as at now is proof of my having exited the US at the time I stated on my DS160 form so submitted in form of my flight ticket and boarding pass. Just don't know if this is all I need to come to the interview with or maybe not even it at all. Thanks for your response

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by gloriaJ1: 6:43pm On Sep 08, 2016
Hello Abuja NIN,
Please I want to know why a b1 b2 US visa application will be denied without any explanation. Only a pink slip was handed us without even going through any document. I have been very confused since morning. When I asked why the refusal, she said "today's application cannot be appealed". We have never applied for a US visa before. We have kids my hubby has travelled to other places. We are going for a graduation ceremony in December. Please can we reapply immediately or just forget about it.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Tamamo: 7:01pm On Sep 08, 2016
abujaniv:
Hello Tamamo.
If you had been found 6c1 (material misrepresentation), the visa officer would have informed you and given you a document explaining the ineligibility. The key word here is "material", did you utter a falsehood to gain a visa benefit? Explain the time discrepancy at your interview, and it shouldn't be an issue.
Regards,
Abuja NIV

Hello, thank you for your reply, VO.

I did not say anything false, was just off by a few months on dates attended on the degree I obtained, since it was a long time ago. I received my visa with no issues.
Just making sure this will not be a problem for my next visa.

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:35am On Sep 09, 2016
Hello gloriaJ1.
I'm sorry for your disappointment. Would you feel any different if the officer had looked at your documents and still refused the visa? As we say on this forum and in all our public outreach, documents are not important. Anyone who tells you differently is leading you astray. Unfortunately, visa officers are not allowed to go into detail about unsuccessful applications. And it's true, the standard 214b refusal cannot be appealed. With the extremely high volume of applications and also the high incidence of fraud, unfortunately some honest and qualified people get screened out along the way. You may apply again whenever you like. My best recommendation is to be open and honest in your interview. Focus on the questions being asked and answer in detail.
Best regards,
Abuja NIV

gloriaJ1:
Hello Abuja NIN,
Please I want to know why a b1 b2 US visa application will be denied without any explanation. Only a pink slip was handed us without even going through any document. I have been very confused since morning. When I asked why the refusal, she said "today's application cannot be appealed". We have never applied for a US visa before. We have kids my hubby has travelled to other places. We are going for a graduation ceremony in December. Please can we reapply immediately or just forget about it.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Omosmally: 7:56am On Sep 09, 2016
Good morning v o

Please what line can I reach the customer service to speak with a representative as the one I got is not leading me to a Rep. My visa was approved on thurs 1st of Sept in Lagos embassy, I have been tracking it and it says "issued , in final processing". The last date of update was on the 6th. I want to know the status as my school is resuming on the 19th, with the forthcoming holidays on Mon and Tues, things will be help till weds. My ticket is yet to be booked and other arrangements. Please provide me with any information as to this regards.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 8:04am On Sep 09, 2016
abujaniv:
Hello gloriaJ1.
unfortunately some honest and qualified people get screened out along the way.
Best regards,
Abuja NIV

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by damoche64: 8:23am On Sep 09, 2016
Hello VO,
Please how can I confirm available visa interview dates, the link online is not available?
Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 9:26am On Sep 09, 2016
Good morning princekkb,
It looks like you are being asked to come in for an interview at the Lagos Consulate. If you haven't been contacted with instructions as yet, try e-mailing to: LagosNIV@state.gov

princekkb:

Thanks @Abujaniv.

Kindly direct further sir. I submitted a dropbox application for myself and got a mail to the effect that my passport was ready for collection last week. Got into Lagos and picked up two evenings ago. However my previous visa got cancelled without prejudice but not yet renewed. In the package received was my International passport and the below ATTACHED paper/letter from the Consulate. I however do not know what documents to come along with as none of the boxes in the letter was marked or ticked to guide. is this the norm, or is there a way to know what should have been ticked?
Noticed from my dashboard on the cgi website that i can schedule a follow-up interview but don't know what to come to the interview with. All i have been able to think of as at now is proof of my having exited the US at the time I stated on my DS160 form so submitted in form of my flight ticket and boarding pass. Just don't know if this is all I need to come to the interview with or maybe not even it at all. Thanks for your response
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by gloriaJ1: 1:20pm On Sep 09, 2016
Hello Abuja NIV,
We have been able to get over the decision by the VO and will be heading back to our state. My husband will have to decide if he's reapplying for this purpose of graduation or not.
Thank you for your time.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Kezyforsy: 1:20am On Sep 12, 2016
Hello V.O

Great work you're doing here. please just a quick one. I am Nigerian and I hold a Nigerian passport, however my last b1/b2 2years visa which has just expired was issued in the uk while I was in uni, can I renew it here in Nigeria using the dropbox?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 2:32pm On Sep 13, 2016
@abujaniv

I am aware one cannot work with a B1/B2 visa, is it legal to solicit for work or take a job interview while on one? a precursor to getting a H1B sponsorship
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by shina88: 7:30am On Sep 14, 2016
Hello VO,

I released I omitted my middle name when I submitted the DS160 but correctly filled my last and first names. What is the implication of this as I schedule for interview this Friday 16th September.

Can this be corrected and can I still go ahead to attend the interview even with this

Thanks for your guide
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by damoche64: 11:58am On Sep 14, 2016
Hello VO,
Can I chose Abuja for interview while Lagos is on my DS 160 form although I have read on visa FAQ but just need to be sure before I book appointment?
Regards.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Saint316: 11:18pm On Sep 14, 2016
Hello @abujaniv,

I have an aunt who came for interview with her 2 kids. All went well and she was told it would be ready in two days. She was unable to wait due to her job, so she instructed for it to be collected on her behalf while she travelled back to her station.

Her two kids passport with visas were ready but hers has not been ready till date. At first she was not worried as she could track it on her own online but she is currently worried because it is two weeks now with n result nor response and she can no longer trace her details online. calls has been made on the help line but no meaning response. They all keep saying the same thing 'KEEP TRACKING ONLINE' even when they have been informed that her details n longer appears when tracked.

Kindly advise on what to do as she is very worried.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by xvictore: 6:47am On Sep 15, 2016
Hi,
I applied for a US Visa appointment for my parents, I did my Dad's first and while booking the appointment, I was asked for my mom's info. So I booked a group appointment. Do I still need to book an appointment seperatly for my Mom? And do they have to both show up on the day of the interview? Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by softfirre: 7:26am On Sep 15, 2016
Hello VO,

I have just scheduled a regular appointment and I do not wish to apply for an expedited appointment because I do not qualify.

How can I reschedule my appointment to an earlier date when this is the warning message I see please?

If you cancel this appointment, then you will have exceeded the limit of appointments cancelled, and will not be able to schedule another appointment until another MRV fee has been paid.

Regards

Softfirre.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by kayayo0211(m): 10:01am On Sep 15, 2016
Hi everyone, I applied for US business visa twice and i was denied the two times. My question is can i apply for visiting visa with my wife or should i apply for visiting visa alone

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by bimbotek: 10:10am On Sep 15, 2016
Hi VO,
Is there any chance in the world that a US military personnel would invite his married and employed sister to witness his wedding and this visa application is denied despite having a letter of invitation and a wedding invite and also notifying the US consulate in Nigeria of his intention to invite his sister down to the US.

I am kind of confused.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:00pm On Sep 15, 2016
Hello Kezyforsy. Based on the criteria on our website and what we've pasted in this forum numerous times, your situation sounds to be eligible for dropbox.
Best regards,
Abuja NIV

Kezyforsy:
Hello V.O

Great work you're doing here. please just a quick one. I am Nigerian and I hold a Nigerian passport, however my last b1/b2 2years visa which has just expired was issued in the uk while I was in uni, can I renew it here in Nigeria using the dropbox?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:03pm On Sep 15, 2016
Hello shina88. Explain at the interview.

shina88:
Hello VO,

I released I omitted my middle name when I submitted the DS160 but correctly filled my last and first names. What is the implication of this as I schedule for interview this Friday 16th September.

Can this be corrected and can I still go ahead to attend the interview even with this

Thanks for your guide
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:06pm On Sep 15, 2016
Hello damoche64. You interview at the place and time that you select when you make your appointment.
Contact customer support at support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com if you need further assistance.

damoche64:
Hello VO,
Can I chose Abuja for interview while Lagos is on my DS 160 form although I have read on visa FAQ but just need to be sure before I book appointment?
Regards.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:09pm On Sep 15, 2016
Hello Saint316. Tell your aunt to inquire at ConsularAbuja@state.gov

Saint316:
Hello @abujaniv,

I have an aunt who came for interview with her 2 kids. All went well and she was told it would be ready in two days. She was unable to wait due to her job, so she instructed for it to be collected on her behalf while she travelled back to her station.

Her two kids passport with visas were ready but hers has not been ready till date. At first she was not worried as she could track it on her own online but she is currently worried because it is two weeks now with n result nor response and she can no longer trace her details online. calls has been made on the help line but no meaning response. They all keep saying the same thing 'KEEP TRACKING ONLINE' even when they have been informed that her details n longer appears when tracked.

Kindly advise on what to do as she is very worried.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:12pm On Sep 15, 2016
Hi xvictore.
Your parents can interview together at the same time. If you have further questions, contact customer support at support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com

xvictore:
Hi,
I applied for a US Visa appointment for my parents, I did my Dad's first and while booking the appointment, I was asked for my mom's info. So I booked a group appointment. Do I still need to book an appointment seperatly for my Mom? And do they have to both show up on the day of the interview? Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:20pm On Sep 15, 2016
Hello softfirre. I don't read any ambiguity in that warning message.

softfirre:
Hello VO,

I have just scheduled a regular appointment and I do not wish to apply for an expedited appointment because I do not qualify.

How can I reschedule my appointment to an earlier date when this is the warning message I see please?

If you cancel this appointment, then you will have exceeded the limit of appointments cancelled, and will not be able to schedule another appointment until another MRV fee has been paid.

Regards

Softfirre.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:22pm On Sep 15, 2016
Hello kayayo0211.
You can certainly apply alone or with your wife; the required qualifications will still be the same.

kayayo0211:
Hi everyone, I applied for US business visa twice and i was denied the two times. My question is can i apply for visiting visa with my wife or should i apply for visiting visa alone

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:25pm On Sep 15, 2016
Hello bimbotek. As we have said in this forum and in all our public outreach, letters of invitation will not be examined and count in no way towards an applicant's suitability. We don't discuss "chances" for visas here--this isn't gambling.
Abuja NIV

bimbotek:
Hi VO,
Is there any chance in the world that a US military personnel would invite his married and employed sister to witness his wedding and this visa application is denied despite having a letter of invitation and a wedding invite and also notifying the US consulate in Nigeria of his intention to invite his sister down to the US.

I am kind of confused.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by oparahchi(m): 3:52pm On Sep 15, 2016
Good day Abuja NIV.....I sincerely appreciate the time taken to enlighten some of us on some specifics as It relates to getting a visa.

However I have very specific questions and would be glad to get answers.

I met a girl (an American citizen) in January of this year. She resides in Georgia and is friends with my elder brother who lives in the US. She works with Delta airlines and has frequent flights to Lagos (some of which is now because of me). So on one of her flights to Lagos (in January) I went to see her after my elder brother had told her about me. We became cordial friends and in the shortest time we started dating. She flies to Lagos on an average of once a week and sometimes twice a week so she could get an opportunity to see me. Our relationship is rather serious and not founded on any scheming or gimmicks. Last month I went to Ghana for an event hosted by her family. I met her dad, her mom, her son and most family members who had flown in to Ghana for the event (a vegan/vegetarian community event setup by her dad who had lived in Ghana for some years). By the way all her family members are Americans.

However my girlfriend has been on my neck to apply for at least a tourist visa so I could come spend some time with her in the US too since she's always flying to Nigeria (working with delta airlines though). She has also suggested that she will come with me to the embassy once I schedule an appointment. So my questions goes thus;

1) is there a possibility she would be allowed into the embassy with me (even though she's a citizen) for an interview if I apply for a tourist visa ?

2) what are the chances of getting a tourist visa based on the fact we are dating to enable us spend time together too cos our relationship is very genuine?

3) we thought about actually getting married and applying for a K1 visa, but seeing everything is genuine we don't want to rush into marriage (we are still understanding each other) cos of a visa. Please kindly advice on what to do . What is the best approach to getting a visa to enable spend holidays with her. By the way I work with a construction company in Lagos.

Thank you in anticipation of a feedback.

Kind regards.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by ome240: 4:39pm On Sep 15, 2016
[quote author=abujaniv post=48957509]To our potential applicants, we wanted to direct you to our Embassy blog for an entry about the NIV process from the officer's perspective. Enjoy!

http://usembassynigeria..com/2016/03/non-immigrant-visas-consular-officers.html[/quote

Greetings abujaNIV. Fantastic job you're doing. My wife, daughter and i got our b1/b2 visas in 2014. The visa was issued in Abuja.
The visas have expired and we plan to renew them via dropbox. Initial was issued in abuja, and we are now based in Australia. Can we renew our visas via dropbox here in Australia? Would we be required to attend interviews?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 4:39pm On Sep 15, 2016
Hello oparahchi,
Having an American girlfriend/boyfriend does not make you more or less qualified for a tourist visa. We don't discuss "chances" for visas on this forum--it's about qualifications. We only interview family relations together, so although it's likely she could enter the Embassy (for American citizens services, for example) she would not accompany you for the interview. Getting a K1 visa to visit the US is not an appropriate use of that visa, so we would never recommend that.

oparahchi:
Good day Abuja NIV.....I sincerely appreciate the time taken to enlighten some of us on some specifics as It relates to getting a visa.

However I have very specific questions and would be glad to get answers.

I met a girl (an American citizen) in January of this year. She resides in Georgia and is friends with my elder brother who lives in the US. She works with Delta airlines and has frequent flights to Lagos (some of which is now because of me). So on one of her flights to Lagos (in January) I went to see her after my elder brother had told her about me. We became cordial friends and in the shortest time we started dating. She flies to Lagos on an average of once a week and sometimes twice a week so she could get an opportunity to see me. Our relationship is rather serious and not founded on any scheming or gimmicks. Last month I went to Ghana for an event hosted by her family. I met her dad, her mom, her son and most family members who had flown in to Ghana for the event (a vegan/vegetarian community event setup by her dad who had lived in Ghana for some years). By the way all her family members are Americans.

However my girlfriend has been on my neck to apply for at least a tourist visa so I could come spend some time with her in the US too since she's always flying to Nigeria (working with delta airlines though). She has also suggested that she will come with me to the embassy once I schedule an appointment. So my questions goes thus;

1) is there a possibility she would be allowed into the embassy with me (even though she's a citizen) for an interview if I apply for a tourist visa ?

2) what are the chances of getting a tourist visa based on the fact we are dating to enable us spend time together too cos our relationship is very genuine?

3) we thought about actually getting married and applying for a K1 visa, but seeing everything is genuine we don't want to rush into marriage (we are still understanding each other) cos of a visa. Please kindly advice on what to do . What is the best approach to getting a visa to enable spend holidays with her. By the way I work with a construction company in Lagos.

Thank you in anticipation of a feedback.

Kind regards.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by softfirre: 9:35pm On Sep 15, 2016
Hello VO,

Many thanks for your response.

Please could you also confirm if it is possible to reschedule an appointment without losing the paid fee.

It says cancel and not reschedule. This is my confusion.

Regards

Softfirre

abujaniv:
Hello softfirre. I don't read any ambiguity in that warning message.

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by oparahchi(m): 11:51pm On Sep 15, 2016
Thank you so so much. I appreciate the prompt response. GOD Bless you.
abujaniv:
Hello oparahchi,
Having an American girlfriend/boyfriend does not make you more or less qualified for a tourist visa. We don't discuss "chances" for visas on this forum--it's about qualifications. We only interview family relations together, so although it's likely she could enter the Embassy (for American citizens services, for example) she would not accompany you for the interview. Getting a K1 visa to visit the US is not an appropriate use of that visa, so we would never recommend that.

(1) (2) (3) ... (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) ... (229)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.