Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,876 members, 7,817,584 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (130) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (819835 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Thrombos(f): 10:05pm On Sep 06, 2016
Dear NIV
I got my US tourist visa in 2013 and it expired Jan 2015 . I'm now resident in Canada , l want to inquire if it's possible to renew via Dropbox here in Canada since I still have the 2 year post expiry window period for Dropbox renewal . Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by phunmilarhyo: 11:44pm On Sep 06, 2016
Dear VO,

My sister and her son have their valid tourist visa, her husband wants to apply on the basis of accompanying them for vacation.
1. Does he need to come along with the wife's passport, as a proof, or does the wife need to come along for the interview?
2. When travelling for wedding and graduation, does one need invitation letters?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Paul009: 1:33am On Sep 07, 2016
I got a tourist visa for my family and we made use of it by going for a two weeks vacation last month( August ).I would love to attend my friends wedding next month (October) and i wish to spend just five days.Hope the timeframe between my last visit and my next visit is not too small?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:33am On Sep 07, 2016
Hello amanoymous,
It's heartening to see that our message is getting through about documents. They are not required and will not, in all likelihood, be examined at all. In the U.S. visa process, the interview itself is the most important part. There are rare occurrences where a visa officer will ask an applicant to show documents. Some examples are:
1) Students MUST have the I-20 form from their school and may be asked to show bank statements showing where the tuition will be paid from
2) One parent traveling with a child may be asked to show a consent letter from the other parent
3) Applicants for medical tourism may be asked to show correspondence with doctors and evidence of the ability to pay for their treatment
Invitation letters or statements from sponsors will not be examined. Some applicants are disappointed when they prepare piles of paper and none of it is looked at. It's best to relax and focus on answering the visa officer's questions completely and honestly. In the rare instance when a document is needed, it can usually be sent in through the mail without any additional interview or fees.

amanonymous:
Abujaniv welldone by giving us all the information that matters.pls in regards to cydophobia's post i want you to shed more light on that. I think there's is a misunderstanding! Most of us believe that the major reasons why people are denied NIV " is because we don't have enough document supporting our "strong ties". The major reasons why most people are denied is because of the 241b "not having strong ties to the country " but am surprised because you've been saying documents aren't needed, then how are we going to prove that we have strong ties e.g married, job, properties over here . In a nut shell are you saying this document aren't needed. I just wonder how the consular would get to know if am saying the truth or not. This as become a fobia" in the minds of most applicants .in the case of having a sponsor, is the bank statement of the sponsor and copy of data page or green card needed to prove that he is sponsoring the trip? Thanks for giving us a clear mind on this *anticipating for your reply*
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:44am On Sep 07, 2016
Hello solamin,
The 6c1 ineligibility is for "material misrepresentation," and it carries a lifetime ban for travel to the U.S. It covers all ranges of visas, so if someone was found 6c1 for a DV visa, it would bar them from getting a B1/B2 as well. There are possible waivers for 6c1s, but there is a very high hurdle to get one. The 6c1 ineligibility is applied to individuals who committed the misrepresentation, not whole families.
Best regards,
Abuja NIV

solamin:
Good evening VO

if someone applied for visa through
dvlottery and the consular issued this to the beneficiary
which is the wife to deny their visa"section 212(a )
(6 ) c1 ". What does that mean? Does it mean that the
person can never get entry into US again for ever? Pls
explain what is meant by that section ! Thanks!
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by solamin: 10:18am On Sep 07, 2016
abujaniv:
Hello solamin,
The 6c1 ineligibility is for "material misrepresentation," and it carries a lifetime ban for travel to the U.S. It covers all ranges of visas, so if someone was found 6c1 for a DV visa, it would bar them from getting a B1/B2 as well. There are possible waivers for 6c1s, but there is a very high hurdle to get one. The 6c1 ineligibility is applied to individuals who committed the misrepresentation, not whole families.
Best regards,
Abuja NIV

Thanks for the response, I really appreciate it. So do I have to apply for a waiver before I apply for any other visa? if yes , then how am I going to apply?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by LadyGuinivere: 10:59am On Sep 07, 2016
solamin:
Thanks for the response, I really appreciate it. So do I have to apply for a waiver before I apply for any other visa? if yes , then how am I going to apply?

abujaniv:

It covers all ranges of visas, so if someone was found 6c1 for a DV visa, it would bar them from getting a B1/B2 as well. There are possible waivers for 6c1s, but there is a very high hurdle to get one.

Regards Abuja NIV

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by phunmilarhyo: 11:57am On Sep 07, 2016
Dear Abuja NIV,

My sister and her son have their valid tourist visa, her husband wants to apply on the basis of accompanying them for vacation.
1. Does he need to come along with the wife's passport, as a proof, or does the wife need to come along for the interview?
2. When travelling for wedding and graduation, does one need invitation letters?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by oblo(m): 12:00pm On Sep 07, 2016
Good morning and thank you for the heads information. One more question please-

Pardon me but I was told that since my brother who is in the USA , has filed papers for me before now I would not be granted a visa to accompany my Mother to and fro. Please is this correct so I do not have to start the process for a visa if this information is correct.

Thanks for the assistance.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:36pm On Sep 07, 2016
Hello Thrombos,
I'll paste in the dropbox criteria that we posted in the previous page of this thread:
The applicant is a Nigerian passport holder; if not a Nigerian passport holder, the applicant principally resides in Nigeria and their last visa was issued in Nigeria;
The applicant’s last visa interview resulted in an issuance;
The applicant was issued a two-year B1/B2 United States visa;
The visa expired no more than four years prior to reissuance;
The applicant was at least 14 years old at the time of the last issuance or will be under the age of 14 at the time of reissuance; and
The applicant has never been arrested nor had an encounter with law enforcement, customs, or immigration officials in the United States.

Thrombos:
Dear NIV
I got my US tourist visa in 2013 and it expired Jan 2015 . I'm now resident in Canada , l want to inquire if it's possible to renew via Dropbox here in Canada since I still have the 2 year post expiry window period for Dropbox renewal . Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:38pm On Sep 07, 2016
Hi phunmilarhyo.
1. It may help if he can bring along her passport or a photocopy of the visa, but it is not necessary. She does not need to attend.
2. Once again, invitation letters are not needed and will not be examined.

phunmilarhyo:
Dear VO,

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:40pm On Sep 07, 2016
Hi Paul009.
That sounds like a perfectly valid use of a tourist visa.

Paul009:
I got a tourist visa for my family and we made use of it by going for a two weeks vacation last month( August ).I would love to attend my friends wedding next month (October) and i wish to spend just five days.Hope the timeframe between my last visit and my next visit is not too small?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:47pm On Sep 07, 2016
Hello oblo.
Individuals with pending immigrant visa (IV) petitions can still qualify for nonimmigrant visas (NIV), though it is something the visa officer will likely ask about in the interview. The requirements are still the same--to show strong ties to your home country. What you'll have to demonstrate in the interview is that while you may immigrate in the future, you do not intend to do so now.
Regards,
Abuja NIV

oblo:
Good morning and thank you for the heads information. One more question please-

Pardon me but I was told that since my brother who is in the USA , has filed papers for me before now I would not be granted a visa to accompany my Mother to and fro. Please is this correct so I do not have to start the process for a visa if this information is correct.

Thanks for the assistance.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:00pm On Sep 07, 2016
Hello again solamin.

Apply for a visa, and at your interview, explain fully the circumstances of how you received the 6c1 ineligibility. If the visa officer determines that you would otherwise qualify for the visa, the officer may --at his or her discretion-- apply for a waiver on your behalf. The U.S. Department of Homeland Security ultimately decides if the waiver is granted.

More information can be found here:
https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/general/denials.html

solamin:
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Paul009: 2:25pm On Sep 07, 2016
What documents am i to show at the POE apart from my return ticket and my hotel reservation?

abujaniv:
Hi Paul009.
That sounds like a perfectly valid use of a tourist visa.

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 5:24pm On Sep 07, 2016
Paul009, if I read you correctly, you've already crossed the border into the U.S. once before, so you should be familiar with the process. I don't think you need any more hand holding.
Abuja NIV

Paul009:
What documents am i to show at the POE apart from my return ticket and my hotel reservation?

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Cfo4all: 6:19pm On Sep 07, 2016
Pls I need to know
If I have an invitation letter to visit the USA and the person inviting me states in the letter that she will take care of ALL the financial expenses, do I still need to show any financial obligation of my own during the interview?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Reserved001: 6:52pm On Sep 07, 2016
VO, please i just completed my D160 form today and I have been to the US twice on a B1/B2. the first B1/B2 visa was issued in England two years ago but I was still not asked to use the Dropbox after completing this application form for the same class of visa.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:29am On Sep 08, 2016
Hi Reserved001. What is your question?

Reserved001:
VO, please i just completed my D160 form today and I have been to the US twice on a B1/B2. the first B1/B2 visa was issued in England two years ago but I was still not asked to use the Dropbox after completing this application form for the same class of visa.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by damoche64: 8:51am On Sep 08, 2016
Hi VO.
My B1/B2 was issued in London 2years ago, am back in Nigeria for almost 2yrs now & I need to renew it. Am I qualified for Dropbox?
If am not, can I still get appointment for interview before mid- October that I will be attending conference in US?
Also my passport is valid til November 2017, can I still use it for visa application?
Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Cfo4all: 10:56am On Sep 08, 2016
Pls I need to know
If I have an invitation letter to visit the USA and the person inviting me states in the letter that she will take care of ALL the financial expenses, do I still need to show any financial obligation of my own during the interview?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 11:49am On Sep 08, 2016
Cfo4all, instead of posting the same question multiple times, take a moment and read a couple pages of this thread. Your questions have been addressed many, many times, even within the past week.
Abuja NIV

Cfo4all:
Pls I need to know

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:31pm On Sep 08, 2016
Hello damoche64,
I posted the dropbox qualifications in this same page of the thread. Your answer is there.

damoche64:
Hi VO.
My B1/B2 was issued in London 2years ago, am back in Nigeria for almost 2yrs now & I need to renew it. Am I qualified for Dropbox?
If am not, can I still get appointment for interview before mid- October that I will be attending conference in US?
Also my passport is valid til November 2017, can I still use it for visa application?
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by damoche64: 2:38pm On Sep 08, 2016
abujaniv:
Hello damoche64,
I posted the dropbox qualifications in this same page of the thread. Your answer is there.

OK, can u pls answer d other questions?
Thanks

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Reserved001: 3:23pm On Sep 08, 2016
Hello VO, my question is; am I not eligible to use the drop box simply because my b1/b2 was issued two years ago in the uk and not Nigeria, even though I am Nigerian and hold a Nigerian Passport?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Tamamo: 3:26pm On Sep 08, 2016
Hello VO, I want to know if having made a mistake with attendance to a degree is considered material misrepresentation?
When I applied to my previous visa i estimated the attendance time, now i have exact attendance for a new ds-160 for a K visa.

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 4:31pm On Sep 08, 2016
Hello Tamamo.
If you had been found 6c1 (material misrepresentation), the visa officer would have informed you and given you a document explaining the ineligibility. The key word here is "material", did you utter a falsehood to gain a visa benefit? Explain the time discrepancy at your interview, and it shouldn't be an issue.
Regards,
Abuja NIV

Tamamo:
Hello VO, I want to know if having made a mistake with attendance to a degree is considered material misrepresentation?
When I applied to my previous visa i estimated the attendance time, now i have exact attendance for a new ds-160 for a K visa.

Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) ... (229)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Travelling To Canada Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.