Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (139) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (819523 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by teverex1: 10:47am On Oct 31, 2016
Thank you for your response, I have emailed the embassy twice on this address and haven't gotten any response from them. Kindly advice, please!
abujaniv:
Hello Teverex1,

Please send an email to consularabuja@state.gov for a status update.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by adejuwon1: 2:37am On Nov 01, 2016
please urgent help am on my DS 160 but my picture is giving me error try again later please what should i do this will be the 5th time am filling the DS 160 i need urgent help please
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by xvictore: 1:04am On Nov 02, 2016
I want to renew my us visa F1. I am currently in the states and will be returning home by Dec. I want to renew my visa before I come back the following year 2017. Please what procedures do I need to follow and how to do do the dropbox option too. Do I need to fill the ds160 form all over again? What are the basic steps for renewal?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:56am On Nov 02, 2016
Hello Xvictore,

We strongly encourage those who are eligible for dropbox to use the service. Please send in your applicant as early as possible, as we get very busy during the summer and end of the year.

Please visit our website: https://nigeria.usembassy.gov/niv_dropbox.html

Regards,

Abuja NIV

xvictore:
I want to renew my us visa F1. I am currently in the states and will be returning home by Dec. I want to renew my visa before I come back the following year 2017. Please what procedures do I need to follow and how to do do the dropbox option too. Do I need to fill the ds160 form all over again? What are the basic steps for renewal?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:56am On Nov 02, 2016
Hello adejuwon,

Please call +23414406218 or support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com

Regards,

Abuja NIV

adejuwon1:
please urgent help am on my DS 160 but my picture is giving me error try again later please what should i do this will be the 5th time am filling the DS 160 i need urgent help please
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by babsnish: 1:05pm On Nov 03, 2016
Hello VO,

Is it possible for the primary applicant of B1/B2 visa application be called for another interview entirely after the whole family has been given visa? All other family member visa has been issued and delivered to DHL.

Thank you as you reply.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by poshestaunt: 5:30pm On Nov 03, 2016
Hello vo. I recently renewed my b1 visa last month via dropbox with the hope of going for a wedding by end of November . At the time, I was at the process of applying to various schools for admission . My plan was to dash in to the us briefly then come home and apply for an F1 visa. I'm now having a change of plans as I received my i20 yesterday. I will now like to apply for an f1 visa at once
My questions are:
1. Will the unused b1 visa be a problem at the embassy ?
2. Or do I have to use the existing b1 before an f1 can be issued?
3. If an f1 is issued, will it cancel the existing b1?

I look forward to your response
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by TAIWOKENY: 5:29am On Nov 04, 2016
Good morning officer. Please I am a student in the US on an F1 visa. I wish to renew my vis through drop box. Can I send my application from the United States while not in Nigeria? Is it legal to do so? Thanks for your anticipated response.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by walejummy: 3:02pm On Nov 04, 2016
Kudos to you VO, please am confused about my sister, she went to embassy with her husband and there interview went well, they were told to come for there passport in 3days time, her husband passport came out and her own is still pending going to 6days now, what could have caused it? could it be that she newly renew her passport cause the delay? She's d principal applicant, pls m expecting ur reply soon. Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by mayay: 12:10pm On Nov 07, 2016
Good day... in a case where the passport photography wasn't collected for an approved visa, what can the applicant do?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:46pm On Nov 07, 2016
babsnish:
Hello VO,

Is it possible for the primary applicant of B1/B2 visa application be called for another interview entirely after the whole family has been given visa? All other family member visa has been issued and delivered to DHL.

Thank you as you reply.

Yes it's possible.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:47pm On Nov 07, 2016
poshestaunt:
Hello vo. I recently renewed my b1 visa last month via dropbox with the hope of going for a wedding by end of November . At the time, I was at the process of applying to various schools for admission . My plan was to dash in to the us briefly then come home and apply for an F1 visa. I'm now having a change of plans as I received my i20 yesterday. I will now like to apply for an f1 visa at once
My questions are:
1. Will the unused b1 visa be a problem at the embassy ?
2. Or do I have to use the existing b1 before an f1 can be issued?
3. If an f1 is issued, will it cancel the existing b1?

I look forward to your response

1) No
2) No
3) No

Hope this helps!
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:52pm On Nov 07, 2016
TAIWOKENY:
Good morning officer. Please I am a student in the US on an F1 visa. I wish to renew my vis through drop box. Can I send my application from the United States while not in Nigeria? Is it legal to do so? Thanks for your anticipated response.

There is a lot of confusion about student visa renewal. If you are in the United States on an F-1 visa, and you remain in status as a student (your SEVIS is active), you do NOT need to renew your student visa until such a time that you depart the United States and would like to return.

This means if your F-1 student visa were valid 2 January 2014 to 1 January 2016 (full-validity, two-year visa), and your course of studies was 15 January 2014 through 15 December 2018, you can remain in the United States through the end of your program, so long as you remain in status/enrolled. You do not need to renew your visa because it is "expired". However, if you left the United States in June 2016 to visit family, in order to return to the United States you would need a new, valid visa. If you were to just stay in the US throughout your course until December 2018, it would not matter that your visa validity indicates it is "expired".

Please let me know if this makes sense.

4 Likes

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:52pm On Nov 07, 2016
walejummy:
Kudos to you VO, please am confused about my sister, she went to embassy with her husband and there interview went well, they were told to come for there passport in 3days time, her husband passport came out and her own is still pending going to 6days now, what could have caused it? could it be that she newly renew her passport cause the delay? She's d principal applicant, pls m expecting ur reply soon. Thanks

She can try and contact us directly at ConsularAbuja@state.gov
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:53pm On Nov 07, 2016
mayay:
Good day... in a case where the passport photography wasn't collected for an approved visa, what can the applicant do?

We scan your photo at intake - a physical copy is not required after the interview.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by walejummy: 9:34pm On Nov 07, 2016
abujaniv:

She can try and contact us directly at ConsularAbuja@state.gov
thanks for your response at your adorable time, pls what could be the meaning of administrative processing? That was there reply aft 8working days
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 10:27pm On Nov 07, 2016
abujaniv:

There is a lot of confusion about student visa renewal. If you are in the United States on an F-1 visa, and you remain in status as a student (your SEVIS is active), you do NOT need to renew your student visa until such a time that you depart the United States and would like to return.

This means if your F-1 student visa were valid 2 January 2014 to 1 January 2016 (full-validity, two-year visa), and your course of studies was 15 January 2014 through 15 December 2018, you can remain in the United States through the end of your program, so long as you remain in status/enrolled. You do not need to renew your visa because it is "expired". However, if you left the United States in June 2016 to visit family, in order to return to the United States you would need a new, valid visa. If you were to just stay in the US throughout your course until December 2018, it would not matter that your visa validity indicates it is "expired".

Please let me know if this makes sense.
My visa expires in Dec., 2016 and I still have a semester to complete my studies. But, I want to visit Nigeria and would and return in January. Am I still qualified to apply?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by cydophobia(m): 9:44am On Nov 08, 2016
Good day Sir,

Please i want to you to advise a friend on this.He was given a visiting visa with his family(Wife and boy).

But later something came up which will make wife and son unavailable for the trip.

My question is that can he go ahead for the trip? and if yes, is there any issue at the POE considering the fact that a family applied for the visa.

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Becks2016: 10:05am On Nov 08, 2016
I got the error message "an error occurred while processing your photo" while trying to submit my photograph for the DS-160 form. Do I need to submit a photograph with dropbox?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:59pm On Nov 08, 2016
walejummy:
thanks for your response at your adorable time, pls what could be the meaning of administrative processing? That was there reply aft 8working days

Here is the information on administrative processing: https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/general/administrative-processing-information.html

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:00pm On Nov 08, 2016
slimmy2005:
My visa expires in Dec., 2016 and I still have a semester to complete my studies. But, I want to visit Nigeria and would and return in January. Am I still qualified to apply?

You would need a new (valid) visa to enter the US in January 2017.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:01pm On Nov 08, 2016
cydophobia:
Good day Sir,

Please i want to you to advise a friend on this.He was given a visiting visa with his family(Wife and boy).

But later something came up which will make wife and son unavailable for the trip.

My question is that can he go ahead for the trip? and if yes, is there any issue at the POE considering the fact that a family applied for the visa.

Thank you.

He has a visa to travel and it's his decision to use it. It's possible this might cause additional scrutiny at the POE.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:01pm On Nov 08, 2016
Becks2016:
I got the error message "an error occurred while processing your photo" while trying to submit my photograph for the DS-160 form. Do I need to submit a photograph with dropbox?

Yes that would be best.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Barbol: 5:00pm On Nov 08, 2016
Hi guys, I have an interview at the US embassy on 5th Dec. I'm going for tourism and do some shoppoing for my son's forthcoming birthday. I plan to travel 27th of Dec and be back on 7th of Jan because of my biz. I own a company and also married but my wife won't be able to go with me because of her job as she resumes few days into the new year. Now, my problem is, I have all the documents ready including statement of accounts of my company and personal, I have my company's certificate as well but I have never paid tax on it because the company is 17months old and the FIRS gives 18 months free on New company. I called the guys at the tax office and they said the tax payment will be in Jan. So how do i explain this to the vo that I have never paid tax on my company hence I don't have tax clearance Cert? Pls help guys and thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Violetbuggy: 11:06am On Nov 10, 2016
Hi
I am having the same problem uploading my picture on the ds 160 form, it says an error occurred while processing your photo. I saw your reply and called the number given. After explaning, the person i spoke to said the form is not under their jurisdiction that i should keep trying and i have been trying for the past 3 days and i am still getting the same error. I dont know what else to do as i can't complete my application without uploading a photo. Plese help.
abujaniv:
Hello adejuwon,

Please call +23414406218 or support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com

Regards,

Abuja NIV

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by babababa1: 11:41am On Nov 10, 2016
Please I need your guide. On what grounds or type of visa can my fiancee apply to join me in the State. I don't intend coming to Nigeria for marriage now. I am a GC holder.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by koonleh: 1:14pm On Nov 10, 2016
abujaniv:

Yes that would be best.
please I have same issue, aw is the dropbox done.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:50pm On Nov 10, 2016
Hello Barbol. Documents are not required for the interview and in all likelihood will not be viewed by the consular officer even if you bring them.
Best regards,
Abuja NIV

Barbol:
Hi guys, I have an interview at the US embassy on 5th Dec. I'm going for tourism and do some shoppoing for my son's forthcoming birthday. I plan to travel 27th of Dec and be back on 7th of Jan because of my biz. I own a company and also married but my wife won't be able to go with me because of her job as she resumes few days into the new year. Now, my problem is, I have all the documents ready including statement of accounts of my company and personal, I have my company's certificate as well but I have never paid tax on it because the company is 17months old and the FIRS gives 18 months free on New company. I called the guys at the tax office and they said the tax payment will be in Jan. So how do i explain this to the vo that I have never paid tax on my company hence I don't have tax clearance Cert? Pls help guys and thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:52pm On Nov 10, 2016
Hello Violetbuggy. We do not give technical support in this thread.

Violetbuggy:
Hi
I am having the same problem uploading my picture on the ds 160 form, it says an error occurred while processing your photo. I saw your reply and called the number given. After explaning, the person i spoke to said the form is not under their jurisdiction that i should keep trying and i have been trying for the past 3 days and i am still getting the same error. I dont know what else to do as i can't complete my application without uploading a photo. Plese help.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:57pm On Nov 10, 2016
Hello babababa1. Your fiancee can apply for a tourist visa (B1/B2) if she intends to go for a short-term stay. Her application will be judged on her ties to Nigeria.
Abuja NIV

babababa1:
Please I need your guide. On what grounds or type of visa can my fiancee apply to join me in the State. I don't intend coming to Nigeria for marriage now. I am a GC holder.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by kenc21ng(m): 2:17pm On Nov 10, 2016
@AbujaNIV

I am trying to process a renewal of my B1/B2 visa and have tried to edit the portion of my profile to reflect my current passport no but to no avail.

please assist.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by kenc21ng(m): 2:20pm On Nov 10, 2016
[quote author=abujaniv post=50924167]Hello babababa1. Your fiancee can apply for a tourist visa (B1/B2) if she intends to go for a short-term stay. Her application will be judged on her ties to Nigeria.
Abuja NIV

I need help with editing the portion of my profile under schedule appointment to reflect my new passport no

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (229)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Travelling To Canada Part 6

Viewing this topic: Jowymmes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.