Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,127 members, 7,825,532 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (160) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (821099 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 6:36pm On Feb 18, 2017
Hello mariam99ng. We don't discuss specific cases on this thread. In general, we can say that birth tourism is legal, provided the applicant is open about their intent and able to pay their medical expenses in full. Many applicants are able to satisfy these requirements successfully. Another proportion of applicants are not successful for one reason or another. One quality that all applicants must satisfy is credibility. Lack of honesty can permanently impact one's credibility, overriding whatever financial resources, country ties or travel history they can present.

mariam99ng:

Thanks for your response sir. I was able to schedule an appointment and visit abuja embassy as earlier advised so that my visa case can be looked into but my visa was cancelled instead without giving any reason why it was cancelled after showing all the previous medical bill I paid in 2015 when I had my first son with detailed explanation to my interviewer. My estimated total budget for the trip was $20000 inclusive of the hospital fee,doctor fee,flight ticket,hotel accommodation,baby documentation,shopping and other miscellaneous. I presented the Maternity Price list the hospital sent to me via email prior to my appointment and the Itemized bill I signed at the hospital on my first appointment. I presented the zero due balance statement and letter of non indebtedness I got from the hospital after discharge, I presented the obstetrics receipt for the doctor, anastethia, pathology test respectively and all these were no way enough to prove that I am eligible for the medical visa I obtained about 2 years ago on medical ground due to several miscarriages I have experienced in the past and have also used twice for my travel to the state. I think my case has not been properly looked into and I'm deeply saddened that despite my genuine intention on all my trip to the state without committing any fraud, without violating any immigration law are being used against me as I have fully prepared myself financially and also do the needful this time for another medical visit to the state so that I can get a safe and adequate medical care and all these hopes are jeopardized. Kindly advise on my visa issue and how to resolve it.

Best Regards.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 6:37pm On Feb 18, 2017
Hello nanaman. Please direct your question to the immigrant visa thread, or go to our website.

nanaman:
Please, what's the procedure in renewing an expired US greencard in Nigeria? Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 6:38pm On Feb 18, 2017
Hello Ephraim101. Please direct your question to the immigrant visa thread, or go to our website.

Ephraim101:
Good day, I did my interview last Monday and the consular officer told me everything was in order but my medical result and south African police clearance where not available, he asked me to get the 2 documents and DHL it do them with my passport. please I urgently need advice on how to get south African police clearance in Nigeria as I could not get it at the south African embassy here in lagos. Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 6:43pm On Feb 18, 2017
Hello RangoTango5678. This is a matter best explained in an interview setting. I would advise you and your wife to schedule an interview for renewal rather than using the dropbox method.

RangoTango5678:
Hello, my b1b2 visa and my wife's just expired.

However, our son who also has a visa was adopted to the U.S by my brother who is a U.S citizen.

We had no issues with the adoption.

Is the adoption in violation of our visas, as we plan to renew via Dropbox.

Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 6:47pm On Feb 18, 2017
Hello JonJon2017. The information is freely available and rarely changes:
http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/
If more granular issues remain unclear, this forum and others are available to get clarity. If one is unaware of the terms and conditions, it's because they have not bothered to look. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.

JonJon2017:
Dear V.O,

Is there any means through which one can get all terms and conditions, and also information regarding the jurisdiction of our b1b2 visas? Most of us do not know the do's and don't as regards the visa.

This will guide us accordingly and avoid people's visas being cancelled.

Regards.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by RangoTango5678: 6:59pm On Feb 18, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello RangoTango5678. This is a matter best explained in an interview setting. I would advise you and your wife to schedule an interview for renewal rather than using the dropbox method.

Thank you so much. Am just worried if we did something wrong.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by ponle1976(m): 10:29pm On Feb 18, 2017
Please I need help. I erroneously swapped my daughter's transaction reference with mine when scheduling interview appointment.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Tallymi: 6:59am On Feb 20, 2017
Goodmorning, please I need assistance and better understanding of how to go by processing my application and my mum's for a B1/B2 visa.

this thing is my visa expired May 2015 but due to some unforseen circumstances I couldn't reapply like I wanted to in 2016 which I think I would have been eligible for a drop off been 12months Grace from when the previous visa expired.

So now myself and my mum want to apply for a B1/B2 visa(Pls note my mum has never apply for a US visa before). My question is
1. How do we process it together because I want us to appear together
2. How will I go about applying as a group since I had a visa before and she's still new. (myself and mum).

your swift respond will be appreciated.

thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by ItzTiffany: 12:22pm On Feb 20, 2017
Good day officer,
Please you always stress that the burden of proof is on the applicant yet you never give us time to demonstrate our ties. It seems you already take decisions before the interview itself and the outcome of the interview has no significance on approval or refusal of visa applications.
Secondly, please do you derive pleasure in refusing applicants?
Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:54pm On Feb 20, 2017
Hello Tallymi. The starting place is here:
http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/
You will be able to submit applications and schedule a joint appointment for you and your mother.

Tallymi:
Goodmorning, please I need assistance and better understanding of how to go by processing my application and my mum's for a B1/B2 visa.

this thing is my visa expired May 2015 but due to some unforseen circumstances I couldn't reapply like I wanted to in 2016 which I think I would have been eligible for a drop off been 12months Grace from when the previous visa expired.

So now myself and my mum want to apply for a B1/B2 visa(Pls note my mum has never apply for a US visa before). My question is
1. How do we process it together because I want us to appear together
2. How will I go about applying as a group since I had a visa before and she's still new. (myself and mum).

your swift respond will be appreciated.

thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:03pm On Feb 20, 2017
Hello ItzTiffany. In a recent posting on another thread, you asked if you could present a friend's bank statements as your own in support of a student visa application. It's that kind of disregard for the truth that is likely to lead to rejections at the visa window rather than any preconceived notion on the interviewer's part. If you want to know what we're thinking as we do our job, this article is illustrative:
http://usembassynigeria..com.ng/2016/03/non-immigrant-visas-consular-officers.html

ItzTiffany:
Good day officer,
Please you always stress that the burden of proof is on the applicant yet you never give us time to demonstrate our ties. It seems you already take decisions before the interview itself and the outcome of the interview has no significance on approval or refusal of visa applications.
Secondly, please do you derive pleasure in refusing applicants?
Thanks

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by stere117: 2:21pm On Feb 20, 2017
Dear VO,

Please do i have to take my old passport to the embassy during the interview. I did a change of name after marriage so i have my husband name on the new passport, the old passport have my father's name and it has been cancelled without prejudice.
Thank you Officer.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by ItzTiffany: 3:03pm On Feb 20, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello ItzTiffany. In a recent posting on another thread, you asked if you could present a friend's bank statements as your own in support of a student visa application. It's that kind of disregard for the truth that is likely to lead to rejections at the visa window rather than any preconceived notion on the interviewer's part. If you want to know what we're thinking as we do our job, this article is illustrative:
http://usembassynigeria..com.ng/2016/03/non-immigrant-visas-consular-officers.html

Hello Officer ,
I knew you will peruse through my previous posts because I asked an unusual question.
Thanks for the piece of article though. Quite eye opening
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 4:03pm On Feb 20, 2017
Hello stere117. While we often say that documents are not necessary, it is generally a good idea to bring along any older passports.

stere117:
Dear VO,

Please do i have to take my old passport to the embassy during the interview. I did a change of name after marriage so i have my husband name on the new passport, the old passport have my father's name and it has been cancelled without prejudice.
Thank you Officer.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by JaneAusten: 4:31pm On Feb 20, 2017
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 10:34pm On Feb 20, 2017
Hi JaneAusten. Use Sense and Sensibility in the interview. Don't resort to falsehoods in a vain attempt at Persuasion.

JaneAusten:
I got my admit and I20 from the university. The only thing am worried is i dis-continued my bachelors here and am again going for bachelors only. I have 7 years gap after 12th. will it be a problem in visa ? will the vo allow me to pursue my education please provide me with some suggestion guys. please !!!!!!!!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by JaneAusten: 9:14am On Feb 21, 2017
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by P406: 11:44am On Feb 21, 2017
hello VO
A friend of mine went for her visa interview today and was denied. Reason being that the officer said he has never heard of the NCLEX examination for nurses as she stated this as her reason for travelling. she has this exam scheduled for 29th of April. Despite her explanations, she was denied and given a yellow paper.
she said she was asked 2 questions, what she does for a living and her reason for traveling but the officer said he has not heard of this exam before. please,
kindly advise on what she should do at this point as she has already registered and paid for this exam and how soon she can reapply.
thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:11pm On Feb 21, 2017
Hello P406. We don't discuss specific cases on this forum. Tell your friend to ask her own question.

P406:
hello VO
A friend of mine went for her visa interview today and was denied. Reason being that the officer said he has never heard of the NCLEX examination for nurses as she stated this as her reason for travelling. she has this exam scheduled for 29th of April. Despite her explanations, she was denied and given a yellow paper.
she said she was asked 2 questions, what she does for a living and her reason for traveling but the officer said he has not heard of this exam before. please,
kindly advise on what she should do at this point as she has already registered and paid for this exam and how soon she can reapply.
thank you.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by LOT111(f): 2:34pm On Feb 21, 2017
Dear VO,
My husband is a Green card holder, he came home January and we got married.
I am third year medical student
he applied for a b2visa for me
My question is
1. The tie that I have back home here is my mum, my Siblings and my first professional exam by August this year. Is this enough?
2. My purpose for visiting is basically for vacation, but I will be using the opportunity to check colleges and medical school that I will apply to next year when my husband will become a citizen and I will apply as a transfer student. My question is should I tell them at the interview my plan for checking schools?
3. Do I need to take our wedding certificate and photo album for the interview?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 6:38pm On Feb 21, 2017
Hello LOT111. Someone who is a greencard holder is a "lawful permanent resident" of the United States. So I'm not sure what you mean by saying your husband "came home." A person with an LPR spouse necessarily has strong ties to the US, which means it can be difficult --but not impossible-- to qualify for a non-immigrant visa. You should be honest and straightforward at the interview.

LOT111:
Dear VO,
My husband is a Green card holder, he came home January and we got married.
I am third year medical student
he applied for a b2visa for me
My question is
1. The tie that I have back home here is my mum, my Siblings and my first professional exam by August this year. Is this enough?
2. My purpose for visiting is basically for vacation, but I will be using the opportunity to check colleges and medical school that I will apply to next year when my husband will become a citizen and I will apply as a transfer student. My question is should I tell them at the interview my plan for checking schools?
3. Do I need to take our wedding certificate and photo album for the interview?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by LOT111(f): 7:08pm On Feb 21, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello LOT111. Someone who is a greencard holder is a "lawful permanent resident" of the United States. So I'm not sure what you mean by saying your husband "came home." A person with an LPR spouse necessarily has strong ties to the US, which means it can be difficult --but not impossible-- to qualify for a non-immigrant visa. You should be honest and straightforward at the interview.

Thank you VO
He stays in US, he was in Nigeria January for our wedding.
You said it can be difficult, he will naturalize by December. I can necessarily wait to follow due process.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by favoured01: 1:03pm On Feb 22, 2017
Hello VO,

I have been refused a U.S visa for about 4 times of which I'm uncertain of the reason for the rejections. The last time in 2013, I was barely asked 3 questions and the consular looked at me once and then was on the computer the remaining time. So I'm not sure what the problem is exactly. My sister who is a permanent resident is getting married this year and I would love to attend with my fiance(His previous visa is expired). So my questions are
1) Can the both of us( My fiance and I) apply together/attend the interview together with the same IV letter from my sister ?
2) I just started a new job this year and don't have much in my salary account, although I have some savings from my previous employment.
My entire family all have visas and will be present at the wedding. Can you help with the questions? Thank you so much
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by lansha2006: 5:23pm On Feb 22, 2017
Us Plans Deportation Of Illegal And Undocumented Immigrants - Travel - Nairaland
Is this true?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by manlogic: 5:33pm On Feb 22, 2017
Dear VO,

My family applied and secured a B1/B2 visa sometimes last year and was supposed to travel to Florida during the last summer holidays. However, due to work exigencies, we were unable to make the trip as planned but we still have our tickets in place for the trip during the next summer. About a month after securing our visas, I became pregnant and due to the complications experienced during my last pregnancy, we decided to have the baby in the US. To this end, we have contacted a doctor and hospital and they have agreed to accept me for the delivery (have doctor/hospital correspondences). We have the financial means to defray all the associated cost without recourse to public fund. A friend advised that we write the embassy for that purpose, which we have done but there was no response to our mail. I want to know if I can go ahead or if I need to apply for a different (medical) visa before leaving Nigeria. My current visa is still valid till 2018.

Please kindly advice as we don't want to run foul of the law or abuse the privileges of our visa. Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:05pm On Feb 22, 2017
Hello favoured01. The interviews tend to go quite quickly. You can apply together. The invitation letter will not be examined.

favoured01:
Hello VO,

I have been refused a U.S visa for about 4 times of which I'm uncertain of the reason for the rejections. The last time in 2013, I was barely asked 3 questions and the consular looked at me once and then was on the computer the remaining time. So I'm not sure what the problem is exactly. My sister who is a permanent resident is getting married this year and I would love to attend with my fiance(His previous visa is expired). So my questions are
1) Can the both of us( My fiance and I) apply together/attend the interview together with the same IV letter from my sister ?
2) I just started a new job this year and don't have much in my salary account, although I have some savings from my previous employment.
My entire family all have visas and will be present at the wedding. Can you help with the questions? Thank you so much
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:08pm On Feb 22, 2017
There are a lot of unsubstantiated reports going around. It's best to wait and watch what direction comes from Washington. In any case, it has little to do with the comings and goings of bonafide tourists from Nigeria.

lansha2006:
Us Plans Deportation Of Illegal And Undocumented Immigrants - Travel - Nairaland
Is this true?

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:16pm On Feb 22, 2017
Hello manlogic. Birth tourism is legal and allowed, provided the applicant is open about their intention and able to pay the medical expenses in full. If the purpose and duration of travel deviate from that described at the interview and in the application, it invites closer scrutiny. Writing a change of intent letter after the fact doesn't accomplish anything. Though not required, some applicants choose to renew their visa early so as to explain their birth intent at the visa interview.

manlogic:
Dear VO,

My family applied and secured a B1/B2 visa sometimes last year and was supposed to travel to Florida during the last summer holidays. However, due to work exigencies, we were unable to make the trip as planned but we still have our tickets in place for the trip during the next summer. About a month after securing our visas, I became pregnant and due to the complications experienced during my last pregnancy, we decided to have the baby in the US. To this end, we have contacted a doctor and hospital and they have agreed to accept me for the delivery (have doctor/hospital correspondences). We have the financial means to defray all the associated cost without recourse to public fund. A friend advised that we write the embassy for that purpose, which we have done but there was no response to our mail. I want to know if I can go ahead or if I need to apply for a different (medical) visa before leaving Nigeria. My current visa is still valid till 2018.

Please kindly advice as we don't want to run foul of the law or abuse the privileges of our visa. Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) ... (229)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.