Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,546 members, 7,819,939 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:08 AM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (159) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (820335 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Franzz: 6:58am On Feb 15, 2017
Good day.

I live in Sydney, Australia and i recently got admitted to an American University for my Masters. I am a Nigerian Citizen but i have a valid residency in Australia. Can i decide to apply in Nigeria but present bank Statements of Australian bank accounts. Will it make my application valid or not? Must i apply in Sydney of i am to use accounts statements of my Australian bank.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by layiwola0001: 3:21pm On Feb 15, 2017
Dear Vo,
I had my interview on monday with my family at Abuja Embassy, after we had answered all the question the VO ask us, he now ask us how much do we budget for the trip and i told him $3500 for a family of three and after some seconds he says he cant grant our visa. I want to know why did he deny us and when next can we apply cos i told him the amount we can afford for the trip to new york. Should i apply alone or still apply with my family. Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:44pm On Feb 15, 2017
Hi Smartest22. You may interview together if you wish, or separately if you want to use the dropbox option.

Smartest22:
Hello, nice work you are doing here. I and my husband want to apply for tourist visa to the US. His visa just expired and I have not applied for a US visa before. Please do we apply together or should he do the Dropbox while I go for the visa interview alone?
Thanks for your response.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:46pm On Feb 15, 2017
Hello Hay4Happle. The travel you are describing for your husband is fine for the standard B1/B2 visa.

Hay4Happle:
Hello VO. I have a question regarding J1 visas, and would be grateful of your help.

I am a doctor and have been accepted into a residency program in the U.S. I would like to apply for a J1 visa as I would like to return to Nigeria after completing my residency, and also would be subject to the two- year home residency requirement.

My husband also resides and works in Nigeria and we have agreed it would be better in the long run that he does not relocate, as he is doing very well here. He does have a Tourist visa. The plan is for him to visit at least every other month for 1-2 weeks.

Would he be in violation of his visitor's visa based on the frequency and duration of his planned visits, or would you advise he file for a J2 visa under my J1?

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:50pm On Feb 15, 2017
Hello Franzz. You may apply for the visa anywhere you like, but the criteria for qualification will be the same--that you demonstrate strong ties to your home country that will compel you to return after the end of your studies. It's generally best to apply from the place where you have the strongest ties.

Franzz:
Good day.

I live in Sydney, Australia and i recently got admitted to an American University for my Masters. I am a Nigerian Citizen but i have a valid residency in Australia. Can i decide to apply in Nigeria but present bank Statements of Australian bank accounts. Will it make my application valid or not? Must i apply in Sydney of i am to use accounts statements of my Australian bank.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:57pm On Feb 15, 2017
Hello layiwola0001. We don't discuss specific cases on this forum. Visitors to the US are expected to be able to afford their travel, and the US can be a very expensive place. You may apply again if you like, but consider that if nothing has changed since your last application, the result is likely to be the same.

layiwola0001:
Dear Vo,
I had my interview on monday with my family at Abuja Embassy, after we had answered all the question the VO ask us, he now ask us how much do we budget for the trip and i told him $3500 for a family of three and after some seconds he says he cant grant our visa. I want to know why did he deny us and when next can we apply cos i told him the amount we can afford for the trip to new york. Should i apply alone or still apply with my family. Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Funjay(m): 5:57pm On Feb 15, 2017
Dear V. O,
Please I need your help.
I have finished submission of our DS 160 form [me and wiffy] before I saw the latest instruction on compulsory passport upload. What can I do as I can no longer edit the form after submission. I tried to create another DS 160 profile and made attempt to update the new DS 160 number generated on my interview appointment page but it's only giving me option to update my own without bringing my wife information. My interview is on the 27th Feb. Pls help a brother.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Smartest22: 7:12pm On Feb 15, 2017
Thanks for your response.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Panama07: 7:20pm On Feb 15, 2017
Dear V.O,

I have applied for visitors visa twice but denied. My wife is presently in US studying for her master program with my son. I want to visit them, can I apply for F2 visa this time around. Secondly, is there any correlation between previous applications and fresh one.

Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 10:35pm On Feb 15, 2017
Hello Funjay. It's not a "passport" you are uploading, it is a passport-quality photograph. The passport itself is the little booklet that gets stamps and visas in it. Precision is important, especially when following instructions. Contact customer support.

Funjay:
Dear V. O,
Please I need your help.
I have finished submission of our DS 160 form [me and wiffy] before I saw the latest instruction on compulsory passport upload. What can I do as I can no longer edit the form after submission. I tried to create another DS 160 profile and made attempt to update the new DS 160 number generated on my interview appointment page but it's only giving me option to update my own without bringing my wife information. My interview is on the 27th Feb. Pls help a brother.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 10:48pm On Feb 15, 2017
Hello Panama07. An issue with most of the derivative visas (F2, J2, M2, etc.) is that while the principle applicant is studying or doing an exchange program, the trailing family members can't work. So the expenses for the family go up, while the earning potential goes down. It becomes difficult to prove that the family can exist in America without resorting to illegal work or reliance on public assistance. Everyone must qualify on their own merits. The same non-immigrant qualifications apply to B1/B2 visas as F2s, but with the latter, one is implicitly saying that they will be living off of savings or the borrowed funds of the principle applicant student.

Applications are considered separately, but applicants are evaluated comprehensively.

Panama07:
Dear V.O,

I have applied for visitors visa twice but denied. My wife is presently in US studying for her master program with my son. I want to visit them, can I apply for F2 visa this time around. Secondly, is there any correlation between previous applications and fresh one.

Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Jessmama: 12:59am On Feb 16, 2017
Please i need a clarification, has the qualification for using the dropbox for visa renewal changed? i read earlier that one could still use dropbox if your visa expired not more than 4 years. Is this still the position?

thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Panama07: 10:43am On Feb 16, 2017
Thanks abujaniv,

I must say that i have very good and reasonable work/income here in Nigeria with a Financial Institution. I just wanna go visit them for 2 or 3 weeks depending on my leave from work. Can i stick to B1/B2 to visit my family this time around because she was still in Nigeria during my previous application or can i apply for F2 even though i don't wanna stay more than 3weeks max, i am not ready to resign now because am the one financing her study over there with my lil boy.

abujaniv:
Hello Panama07. An issue with most of the derivative visas (F2, J2, M2, etc.) is that while the principle applicant is studying or doing an exchange program, the trailing family members can't work. So the expenses for the family go up, while the earning potential goes down. It becomes difficult to prove that the family can exist in America without resorting to illegal work or reliance on public assistance. Everyone must qualify on their own merits. The same non-immigrant qualifications apply to B1/B2 visas as F2s, but with the latter, one is implicitly saying that they will be living off of savings or the borrowed funds of the principle applicant student.

Applications are considered separately, but applicants are evaluated comprehensively.

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:57pm On Feb 16, 2017
Hello Jessmama. Dropbox renewal applications are still available, provided the previous visa is still valid or expired in the past 12 months. So the window of time has narrowed from 4 years to 1 year. That is the only change.

Jessmama:
Please i need a clarification, has the qualification for using the dropbox for visa renewal changed? i read earlier that one could still use dropbox if your visa expired not more than 4 years. Is this still the position?

thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:58pm On Feb 16, 2017
Hello Panama07. You have answered your own question.

Panama07:
Thanks abujaniv,

I must say that i have very good and reasonable work/income here in Nigeria with a Financial Institution. I just wanna go visit them for 2 or 3 weeks depending on my leave from work. Can i stick to B1/B2 to visit my family this time around because she was still in Nigeria during my previous application or can i apply for F2 even though i don't wanna stay more than 3weeks max, i am not ready to resign now because am the one financing study her over there with my lil boy.

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Funjay(m): 4:39pm On Feb 16, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello Funjay. It's not a "passport" you are uploading, it is a passport-quality photograph. The passport itself is the little booklet that gets stamps and visas in it. Precision is important, especially when following instructions. Contact customer support.

Yes, Its passport photograph I meant. Please can anyone avail me the contact nos or e-mail for customer support?

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Bora26: 5:13am On Feb 17, 2017
Hello abujaniv,
Which visa category is suitable for conferences ?
When filling D160 form can I state all my businesses or 1 that is suitable for intending conferences.
Is it advisable to apply for visa a month before intending conference I.e summition of D160 form in march 2nd 2017 for a conferences that will start on 2nd of April 2017? Regard
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 11:53am On Feb 17, 2017
Good day Bora26. The B1/B2 visa is appropriate. It's up to you how you state and describe your occupation. A general rule is to focus on the job that takes up the most of your time and/or provides the bulk of your income. It is advisable to apply for a visa well in advance of your planned travel.

Bora26:
Hello abujaniv,
Which visa category is suitable for conferences ?
When filling D160 form can I state all my businesses or 1 that is suitable for intending conferences.
Is it advisable to apply for visa a month before intending conference I.e summition of D160 form in march 2nd 2017 for a conferences that will start on 2nd of April 2017? Regard
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Bora26: 7:44am On Feb 18, 2017
Thanks , v.o .I appreciate.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Aruk16: 9:00am On Feb 18, 2017
[dear VO. Thanks for your help. I have gotten my visa. I sent a mail to the email you suggested and they responded . Apparently my visa was ready for pickup two days after my interview but they failed to send me a mail to update me. My passport was also sent to a wrong DHL office which I didn't input when filling my application. All in all my passport has been picked up.

My main question here today is out of curiosity, I rmbr that on the day on my interview some officers outside who usually check your documents to see if everything is complete before going in for the interview... They were putting some little round stickers on people's passport(either yellow, green or orange) what are those stickers for?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Mamali1(f): 10:19am On Feb 18, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello Mamali1. First of all, green card holders can not be absent from the US for more than a year, lest they lose that status. It is a high hurdle to qualify for a non-immigrant visa if at the same time one is demonstrating their expressed intent to immigrate through an immigrant visa.

Dear VO,
Thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by koonleh: 11:30am On Feb 18, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello koonleh. Applicants may apply again at any time, but if nothing has changed in the circumstances, the result is likely to be the same.

thanks for thr response, her situation has changed, but I hope the fact that I am already there jespardize her approval, and when filling the form for my little children there is a part where ' is your father in US?' I answered Yes, non immigrant. Hope that is okay too.
Thank u.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by phatlajoo: 11:48am On Feb 18, 2017
Thanks for your clear fact information here, keep up the good work... I have a USA tourist visa, and I recently traveled to USA and I am back to Nigeria. My wife and 3 years old daughter wants to apply for the b1b2 visa so we can go on vacation together during my next visit. is she at an advantage spot to get the visa since my 2 years visa is still on and how do we do that. thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:39pm On Feb 18, 2017
Hello koonleh. You have asked this question multiple times in multiple threads. Asking again will not change the answer.

koonleh:
thanks for thr response, her situation has changed, but I hope the fact that I am already there jespardize her approval, and when filling the form for my little children there is a part where ' is your father in US?' I answered Yes, non immigrant. Hope that is okay too.
Thank u.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:44pm On Feb 18, 2017
Hello Aruk16. I honestly don't know what the colored stickers are. I haven't noticed them, and they have no bearing on the visa interview or adjudication. The security officers and greeters occasionally change their procedures for getting people into the Embassy/Consulate, all in an effort to increase ease and efficiency for all involved.

Aruk16:
[dear VO. Thanks for your help. I have gotten my visa. I sent a mail to the email you suggested and they responded . Apparently my visa was ready for pickup two days after my interview but they failed to send me a mail to update me. My passport was also sent to a wrong DHL office which I didn't input when filling my application. All in all my passport has been picked up.

My main question here today is out of curiosity, I rmbr that on the day on my interview some officers outside who usually check your documents to see if everything is complete before going in for the interview... They were putting some little round stickers on people's passport(either yellow, green or orange) what are those stickers for?

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:49pm On Feb 18, 2017
Hello phatajoo. To a degree, families share in their credibility as visa applicants, both positively and negatively. You can accompany your wife and child to the interview along with your passport, or you can just hand it to your wife to show the Consular Officer.

phatlajoo:
Thanks for your clear fact information here, keep up the good work... I have a USA tourist visa, and I recently traveled to USA and I am back to Nigeria. My wife and 3 years old daughter wants to apply for the b1b2 visa so we can go on vacation together during my next visit. is she at an advantage spot to get the visa since my 2 years visa is still on and how do we do that. thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by mariam99ng: 1:53pm On Feb 18, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello marriam99ng. Please write in to ConsularAbuja@state.gov so that we can look into the case.

Thanks for your response sir. I was able to schedule an appointment and visit abuja embassy as earlier advised so that my visa case can be looked into but my visa was cancelled instead without giving any reason why it was cancelled after showing all the previous medical bill I paid in 2015 when I had my first son with detailed explanation to my interviewer. My estimated total budget for the trip was $20000 inclusive of the hospital fee,doctor fee,flight ticket,hotel accommodation,baby documentation,shopping and other miscellaneous. I presented the Maternity Price list the hospital sent to me via email prior to my appointment and the Itemized bill I signed at the hospital on my first appointment. I presented the zero due balance statement and letter of non indebtedness I got from the hospital after discharge, I presented the obstetrics receipt for the doctor, anastethia, pathology test respectively and all these were no way enough to prove that I am eligible for the medical visa I obtained about 2 years ago on medical ground and have also used twice for my travel to the state. I think my case has not been properly looked into and I'm deeply saddened that despite my genuine intention on all my trip to the state without committing any fraud, without violating any immigration law are being used against me as I have fully prepared myself financially and also do the needful this time for another medical visit to the state so that I can get a safe and adequate medical care and all these hopes are jeopardized. Kindly advise on how to resolve issues like this.

Best Regards.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by nanaman(m): 3:54pm On Feb 18, 2017
Please, what's the procedure in renewing an expired US greencard in Nigeria? Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by RangoTango5678: 5:25pm On Feb 18, 2017
Hello, my b1b2 visa and my wife's just expired.

However, our son who also has a visa was adopted to the U.S by my brother who is a U.S citizen.

We had no issues with the adoption.

Is the adoption in violation of our visas, as we plan to renew via Dropbox.

Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Ephraim101: 5:54pm On Feb 18, 2017
Good day, please I need urgent advice on how to get south African police clearance in Nigeria as I could not get it at the south African embassy here in lags. Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Ephraim101: 6:00pm On Feb 18, 2017
Good day, I did my interview last Monday and the consular officer told me everything was in order but my medical result and south African police clearance where not available, he asked me to get the 2 documents and DHL it do them with my passport. please I urgently need advice on how to get south African police clearance in Nigeria as I could not get it at the south African embassy here in lagos. Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by JonJon2017: 6:33pm On Feb 18, 2017
Dear V.O,

Is there any means through which one can get all terms and conditions, and also information regarding the jurisdiction of our b1b2 visas? Most of us do not know the do's and don't as regards the visa.

This will guide us accordingly and avoid people's visas being cancelled.

Regards.

(1) (2) (3) ... (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) ... (229)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.