Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,792 members, 7,810,061 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:46 PM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (208) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (818289 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by cocolacec(m): 5:06am On Oct 18, 2017
Good day everyone,AbujaNiV,LagosNIV

Please i have an old relative who is about to apply for US visa in Abuja/ Lagos.
Does anyone know how many days it takes to issue the visa In Abuja/Lagos if it is granted.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Olamsanj: 9:57am On Oct 18, 2017
Good day @abujaniv @lagosniv . This is the 4th time I went to the embassy for my F1 student visa interview and Ive been denied which I really don't know the reason. What I do receive from the VO is the 214b ineligibility paper. I'm really so sad and confused on this. Pls, is it that I'm lifetime ineligible for a US visa or what?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by mamanicole: 10:28am On Oct 18, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello Unik222. I can empathize with your situation. Healthcare in the US can be quite expensive and confusing, for tourists and residents alike.

As we have said before, it is not a valid procedure to inform the Embassy/Consulate about medical intent after the interview. You can e-mail the Embassy/Consulate, and in some cases, you will get a form letter in response, but nothing is changed in your file as regards to your purpose of travel. What matters is what you present in your application and your face-to-face interviews at the Embassy/Consulate and the port of entry.

Some states have special, tax-funded healthcare programs for non-insured residents of the state. If you are a tourist in the US, you are necessarily not a resident of any US state. Hospitals and birth certificate authorities may take you on your honor if you declare local residency, but doing so may impact your credibility in the future as an applicant for a non-immigrant visa.

There are, unfortunately, some unscrupulous healthcare operators that may quote unusually low fees for medical care, only to send the balance of the bill to Medicaid. Consular officers have ample experience looking at medical statements and receipts, and we have our own experiences with the US medical system to draw upon. So we know approximately what a range of procedures cost. Prospective applicants for medical tourism should do ample research and be suspicious of quotes that are unusually low.

Good day Vo pls i think this should be reviewed cause some of us genuinely were not informed by the hospital about sending the balance to medicaid.Have been refused twice cause the vo thinks the amount I paid to have my baby is too low,it saddens me cause I made sure i paid all my bills and got my zero balance and i even got a letter from the hospital stating that I didn't use medicaid neither did I get any aid but I was still refused.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by feguson123: 8:55pm On Oct 18, 2017
Hello VO I applied for tourist visa last year and was denied but I have a seminar next year but the issue is that I filled I am married as directed by the agent but this time I want to fill the truth.can this result to a ban?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 9:35pm On Oct 18, 2017
Hello Teetee09 -

There is no requirement to wait any period of time after a 214b refusal before applying again for a visa. However, we attempt to apply the law in a uniform manner, so if nothing has changed about your circumstances since your prior application, it is likely that the next Consular Officer who interviews you will reach the same conclusion about your application. We cannot give you any advice about your chances on any hypothetical application.

Teetee09:
Hello NIV,
My husband, two kids and I went for our interview today in Abuja and was denied under section 214b. I am presently pregnant, and i want to have the baby in the US as it was discovered during my last CS that my uterus had ruptured.
My question is can i reapply ASAP but without my family this time? Will dat give me a better chance?.
I answered my questions very well but i guess my husband was a bit nervous.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 9:40pm On Oct 18, 2017
Hello Olamsanj -

Applicants who are subject to a lifetime ineligibility are told so verbally and in writing. If you have been refused only under section 214b, you are not subject to a lifetime ineligibility. A refusal under section 214b means 1 of 2 things: (1) you have not convinced the VO that you will engage in only the activities which are allowable under the classification of visa for which you are applying, or (2) you have not convinced the VO that your ties outside the US are strong enough to overcome the presumption of immigrant intent.

Olamsanj:
Good day @abujaniv @lagosniv . This is the 4th time I went to the embassy for my F1 student visa interview and Ive been denied which I really don't know the reason. What I do receive from the VO is the 214b ineligibility paper. I'm really so sad and confused on this. Pls, is it that I'm lifetime ineligible for a US visa or what?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by urstruly1: 6:47am On Oct 19, 2017
Hi...

I had a little issue when paying for the Visa fee...

So last week, I helped a friend pay for her visa fees(N64,000) but unfortunately my bank account was debited twice..

I reported the problem to my bank (Guaranty Trust Bank) and they promised to look into the matter to try to resolve it.

Unfortunately, my bank got back to me yesterday informing me that I need to contact the embassy directly and inform them about the issue myself because once the funds go into the embassy's account, there isnt much the bank can do about it and the onus is on me..

Could you please advise how to go about this??

I have all the details, debit alerts, applicant's name etc..

Please do let me know...

Awaiting your response... Thanks...
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Olamsanj: 8:04am On Oct 19, 2017
Okay thanks! But I tried to convince the VO that I'd be way back to Nigeria after my programme. I tried all my possible best to convince the VO that am going to the US to study and not to do engage in any activities. I'm going there to pursue my education or how do I convince him/her more please? I even showed them all my documents, bank statement of my sponsor and all.
LagosNIV:
Hello Olamsanj -

Applicants who are subject to a lifetime ineligibility are told so verbally and in writing. If you have been refused only under section 214b, you are not subject to a lifetime ineligibility. A refusal under section 214b means 1 of 2 things: (1) you have not convinced the VO that you will engage in only the activities which are allowable under the classification of visa for which you are applying, or (2) you have not convinced the VO that your ties outside the US are strong enough to overcome the presumption of immigrant intent.

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Apple2: 2:16pm On Oct 19, 2017
OK OK, my people I need your guidance and prayers too

I'm scheduled for 7th Of November 7:30am interview at Abuja. I'm a final year student going to see my cousin who has been my backbone in school without seeing me in person, finally she wants me to come for Christmas holidays and new year so she will get to see whom she has been paying school fees for. She's a citizen, born and brought up there with 2kids, I really want to see this my aunty, she's so nice and I wouldn't want interview to screw my chances of playing nice to her so she will be happy her money didn't waste while training me,

Am suppose travel 13th of December and return 27th of Feb if granted, abeg my people what are my chances because I have been following this thread since and hearing people saying 'ties' me I don't have any tie, I'm a full time blown student, never travelled before neither worked anywhere,

Advice me pls, because I filled in my form 'Student' as honest answer, and I'm 24yrs old, is there any problem on my own case? Advice me pls everybody here both small and big, I need your advice, dont forget to add your prayers for me behind
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by starpexgoody: 2:33pm On Oct 19, 2017
Good day to the house.
Please I need some light to be shed on my case. I got a visa in 2015 which I used for vacation and birthing and paid all my bills.
Fast forward to this year, I applied for dropbox and was called for interview which I attended.
The VO asked for my receipts which I presented, She asked a couple of questions like if I would like to birth again and I said yes in the affirmative.
Then she replied "everything looks goods we're gonna ur visa but we will av to verify your statement of account but meanwhile no other document is needed.
That was house she took my passport n my husbands company's statements of account and handed me the yellow paper indicating that my visa is under administrative processing.
It seems quite clear what happened. But why could I possibly be placed on statement verification check?
Thank you for your response
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Abientot: 12:51pm On Oct 20, 2017
LagosNIV:
Hello Abientot -

You will be interviewed based on whichever DS160 you have linked to your application. If there are inaccuracies in it, that may be detrimental to your credibility. I would encourage you to ensure that the DS160 on your application is completely and accurately filled out.

Thanks a lot. I got the visa few days ago.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Fyorgyn: 12:55pm On Oct 20, 2017
Dear AbujaNIV and LagosNIV

Thanks for patiently answering our many queries.

Please is it possible to get one's approved visa faster than the stipulated three days?

I have a meeting to attend in the US on the 5th of November. I applied to renew my visa via dropbox but was sent a mail (14days later) to collect my passport back from dhl and schedule an appointment (221g). Unfortunately, the closest available date is November 2. I contacted the call centre and was told that 221g applicants are not eligible to request for an expedited date.

If I attend the interview as scheduled on the 2nd and the visa is granted can I get my passport back the same day?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 6:04pm On Oct 20, 2017
Hello Fyorgyn -

We do our best to accomodate travelers who have imminent travel plans, and sometimes we are able to print visas faster than 3 days. There are some parts of the process which are out of the control of the individual Embassies and Consulates, so sometimes we are not able to speed the process much. Let the consular officer who interviews you know that you would like to have it printed that day if possible, and we will generally do our best to do so.
Fyorgyn:
Dear AbujaNIV and LagosNIV

Thanks for patiently answering our many queries.

Please is it possible to get one's approved visa faster than the stipulated three days?

I have a meeting to attend in the US on the 5th of November. I applied to renew my visa via dropbox but was sent a mail (14days later) to collect my passport back from dhl and schedule an appointment (221g). Unfortunately, the closest available date is November 2. I contacted the call centre and was told that 221g applicants are not eligible to request for an expedited date.

If I attend the interview as scheduled on the 2nd and the visa is granted can I get my passport back the same day?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Fyorgyn: 7:52pm On Oct 20, 2017
LagosNIV:
Hello Fyorgyn -

We do our best to accomodate travelers who have imminent travel plans, and sometimes we are able to print visas faster than 3 days. There are some parts of the process which are out of the control of the individual Embassies and Consulates, so sometimes we are not able to speed the process much. Let the consular officer who interviews you know that you would like to have it printed that day if possible, and we will generally do our best to do so.

Thanks LagosNIV.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Joy2013: 9:21pm On Oct 20, 2017
Hello LagosNIV,

If you have a U.S. non-immigrant visa that is not yet expired, how soon can you renew it? What I mean is how much time must you have left on your valid visa before you are allowed to submit it for renewal?

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by nintynineand: 9:43pm On Oct 20, 2017
GOOD DAY PLEASE I NEED YOUR SINCERE ADVICE , I AND MY WIFE REAPPLIED FOR A RENEWAL FOR OUR US VISA VIA DROP BOX I WAS GIVEN THE VISA BUT SHE WASN'T INSTEAD

SHE WAS SCHEDULED FOR AN INTERVIEW AT THE US EMBASSY , I AM THINKING IT MIGHT HAVE TO DO WITH HER LAST VISIT TO THE STATE WHICH WE HAD OUR BABY

THERE AND PAID ALL OUR BILL EXEPT THE LAST ONE WHICH CAME WHEN SHE WAS ON HER WAY TO THE AIRPORT BACK TO NIGERIA ABOUT $300 I NEED YOU ADVICE
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 10:23pm On Oct 20, 2017
You may apply for a new visa at any time. If there is still a large amount of validity on the visa, that would be unusual to us and you may be asked questions about why you are renewing so early.

Joy2013:
Hello LagosNIV,

If you have a U.S. non-immigrant visa that is not yet expired, how soon can you renew it? What I mean is how much time must you have left on your valid visa before you are allowed to submit it for renewal?

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by anuoluwa222(f): 12:09pm On Oct 21, 2017
Hello lagosNIV and abujaNIV

I was granted a US visit visa early this year and I spent four months there.... Now am back to Nigeria

I will be getting married soon and u will like I and my spouse to go to the US for our honeymoon...

But I don't know how to go about it.

Someone said I should do a visa renewal......

But for the visa renewal will I and my husband go for interview or just him

Please advise me
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:39pm On Oct 21, 2017
Hello urstruly1. Try contacting customer service:
http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-main-contactus.asp#ContactInformation

urstruly1:
Hi...

I had a little issue when paying for the Visa fee...

So last week, I helped a friend pay for her visa fees(N64,000) but unfortunately my bank account was debited twice..

I reported the problem to my bank (Guaranty Trust Bank) and they promised to look into the matter to try to resolve it.

Unfortunately, my bank got back to me yesterday informing me that I need to contact the embassy directly and inform them about the issue myself because once the funds go into the embassy's account, there isnt much the bank can do about it and the onus is on me..

Could you please advise how to go about this??

I have all the details, debit alerts, applicant's name etc..

Please do let me know...

Awaiting your response... Thanks...
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:41pm On Oct 21, 2017
Hello anuoluwa222. Information on visa renewals can be found here:
http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-visarenew.asp
First-time applicants must appear for an interview.

anuoluwa222:
Hello lagosNIV and abujaNIV

I was granted a US visit visa early this year and I spent four months there.... Now am back to Nigeria

I will be getting married soon and u will like I and my spouse to go to the US for our honeymoon...

But I don't know how to go about it.

Someone said I should do a visa renewal......

But for the visa renewal will I and my husband go for interview or just him

Please advise me
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by franstony2002: 2:40pm On Oct 21, 2017
Hello lagosNIV and abujaNIV,

Pls, I want to ask and know the implication of over staying beyond the approved visa or used the 2 years visa in US at once. Thanks

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by nintynineand: 8:19pm On Oct 21, 2017
GOOD DAY PLEASE I NEED YOUR SINCERE ADVICE , I AND MY WIFE REAPPLIED FOR A RENEWAL FOR OUR US VISA VIA DROP BOX I WAS GIVEN THE VISA BUT SHE WASN'T INSTEAD

SHE WAS SCHEDULED FOR AN INTERVIEW AT THE US EMBASSY , I AM THINKING IT MIGHT HAVE TO DO WITH HER LAST VISIT TO THE STATE WHICH WE HAD OUR BABY

THERE AND PAID ALL OUR BILL EXEPT THE LAST ONE WHICH CAME WHEN SHE WAS ON HER WAY TO THE AIRPORT BACK TO NIGERIA ABOUT $300 I NEED YOU ADVICE
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by lonzo(m): 9:15pm On Oct 21, 2017
Hello VO

I already have my visa but want to go on a family vacation in December with my family, would I be allowed in to assist my wife with the kids ( 3 kids ) my last born is presently 10months.

I await your response to decide on what to do. Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by BenNash: 9:25pm On Oct 21, 2017
Hello LagosNIV and AbujaNIV
I need your advice on something. I asked about this once and was given an answer but i really want to be sure so i don't make a silly mistake. I'm preparing for my visa interview towards the spring semester but I have somethings to contend with. I might find it a little difficult to resume in January due to some reasons. I know it's possible to differ from Fall semester to Spring semester but I want to know if it's possible to do the same from Spring to Fall semester. And if I'm given a student visa , will I still be able to use it for the fall semester I'm differing to or I'll need another visa interview.

(1) (2) (3) ... (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) ... (229)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.