Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,786 members, 7,817,259 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (819793 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by gentleiphy: 12:17pm On Jan 09, 2015
Happy New Year Consular officer.
Please i have been a silent follower of this thread and i will say i have gained a lot of things from questions asked here and your responses here..you are doing a great job.

I have a situation at hand.
i am billed to attend a global partnership summit in New York this July 2015 of an international NGO which i belong to and i want to apply for a visa for the summit but i want my wife to go along with me.she is not a member of the NGO and i just recently returned from a world congress meeting in Germany of this same NGO,i have good travel history of Europe-Germany,Holland,Turkey,Belgium and France (excluding UK),Dubai,South Africa,Ghana and my wife has been to Dubai and Ghana too.

what is the possibility of me and my spouse being issued visa as i am going for a business summit but wish to have her around for us to have extra days of vacation after the summit...what will be the best scenario..or do i forget about applying for both of us via the business summit and just apply for holiday while still using it to attend my business summit.Remember my aim of applying for visa is for the summit but wish to carry my wife along.

Please your urgent response is needed as i am about booking for interview date.
Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by cojoman2k5: 3:15pm On Jan 09, 2015
abujaniv:

We do not comment on specific cases, but student applicants should always be prepared to discuss their academic record so far and discuss what they want to study, why they chose the school they did, where else (if any) they applied, and present the results from any relevant exams (WAEC, SAT, GRE, GMAT). Students also need to overcome the presumption of immigrant intent, as do most other categories of applicants.

Thank you very much for your response.

I am more concern about making the same mistake three times. She was never asked for any result. Is Park University banned from bring international student to America? Is it because i am here?
Is there any different with state school and Private school. She had her WAEC, SAT AND TOEFL result with her but was never asked.

Please help me however you can so that we can do it right the 3rd time. She has 1 year to use her scholarship in the United states. Oh, my sister has a letter from the Ministry of Education saying that she MUST(contract) come back to use her Computer Science degree to improve technology in the state school system.

Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by meowbow: 5:32pm On Jan 10, 2015
Hi,

I had sent in an email to supportdocs email address asking them how to declare some health issue I may have. I had used my email address with my pet name on the address. They directed me to DS-160 website for information on how to fill up the form which is fine. What is a problem is that they have registered me on the online portal without me asking them to do so! I tried signing in to delete the profile but I am unable to do.
Now the profile has no relevant info. Even my name there is not what I not my official name or country of origin. I would have no problem correcting the information and adding my passport number etc but I will not be going to the US anytime soon, atleast for the next three years given my schedule.
I had earlier planned to go to see a potential suitor (as they have in my culture) at the end of this year but things did not quite work out sad

I have no intention of hiding my medical history when I do apply thats why I asked the question to begin with.
If I leave the application as it is it will be labelled inactive after a year and it will be automatically refused. I may have to declare it in case that happens and I have to apply for a visa in the future.
Now my main question is whether I can get the portal administration to delete my profile since it does not even have the basic information or will they ask me to correct/add information and apply even though I dont want a visa at the moment?

I have asked for it to be deleted to the portal administrators. Will they allow me do so? I see no reason for them to refuse. I haven't even chosen what type of visa I want. I don't want a refusal considering I am not going to the US in the near future!

In your experience as Consular officer, will they allow me to delete it?

P.S: Happy New Year!
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by kitlady02(f): 1:03am On Jan 13, 2015
Hi, thanks for your good work.

Am confused and i would like you to help me understand why i was refused b2 visa.

I am a student at a medical school in the carribean , i have been in the school for 5semesters.
Long story short.. i applied for a visit to the usa for my next semester vacation and i was refused. I told the consulate officer that i was a medical student in saint kitts, i told her my sponsor was my mum pam.sec in imo state civil service and that i ll be staying in a friends place who is a student at my school and a part time nurse in NJ , countries i have been to, l told her all of them. She didnt ask me for any of my supportimg documents , not even my school id or any proof of my schooling in saint kitts. She just told me your not eligible and that was it. This happened yesterday.

My question is, what did i do wrong or say wrong?
Is it proper that she didnt even take any look at my documents and rejected me?

I have been trying to understand what happened , what i did wrong ? Please kindly help me make sense of her decision to deny me. And also i would like to know what i should do differently if i choose to apply again. Anticipating your reply. Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by dfirstK: 2:29pm On Jan 15, 2015
Hello MA,
Thanks for all your help and Advice you have been given to us here, now its my turn
I really need ur advice
Have been working with my company since 2012 then I was employed as an IT Engineer, and of resent i got a letter that I should try a folder my Education and bring a Degree of Bsc in their they advice me to try and study Abroad in other to again more knowledge on my field, where in the State can you advice me to go for my field of study CIVIL ENGINEERING. And what are the steps to take in other to gain Admission and Visa @ the Embassy...
Thank Regards.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Newmum0615: 4:33pm On Jan 15, 2015
Good day Visa Officer,

A friend is currently in the process of applying for visa to go the US for child delivery. She has opted to use the Del Sol Medical center through Doctores Parati, however there has been recent speculations that visa officers are experiencing doubt about the organisation and refusing to issue visas on the basis of that. She is really worried cos she intends to pay the required medical bill in advance but doesn't want to end up being denied a visa cos of the doctores parati ElPaso letter. No one who has used their services has given a bad review. Can you please shed more light on this?

Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by scribble: 9:27pm On Jan 15, 2015
Guys

I noticed that the interviews in the US consulate are now done via public address system

Some of the consular officers do not turn off the speaker when interviewing and everyone in the interview room (hundreds of people) can hear your personal details

like how much do you make? what you do for a living? who are you going to see in USA? what are you going to do?

even when you're denied everyone can hear

Do Nigerians feel happy about this? or is it just more of the shabby treatment we've gotten accustomed to...

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Mist100: 2:27pm On Jan 16, 2015
I was granted a 2years US Visa in February 2013 to attend a world bank sponsored training but ended not traveling because the training was cancelled. Since the visa was not used will there be any difficulty getting another Visa if I intend to travel to the US some other time in the future?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by johnkent(m): 11:29pm On Jan 16, 2015
Hi,
While filling out the DS-160, I had indicated that I'll be attending the interview at the embassy in Lagos but I decided to schedule the interview at the Abuja embassy because it was more convenient for me. Is it okay to use the DS-160 even though it says lagos embassy on the DS-160 confirmation page.
Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 10:47am On Jan 17, 2015
Good day officer
Am trying to renew my US VISA and keep having this problem

Your personal details match the profile which already exists in our database. The user id of that profile is kanuvivian@gmail.com ". If you created this profile in the past and forgot the password, please use “Forget your password?” function on the login screen. If this email isn't familiar to you, please contact our helpline through Provide Feedback option in the left menu or by sending the email to our helpline. Please don't forget to attach the scanned copy of your passport’s data page to your feedback message/email.

PLEASE HOW DO I TACKLE THIS?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by sayd3246: 2:31pm On Jan 17, 2015
Good day,
I was supposed to attend a conference in atlanta with a colleague at work,I went for the interview and I was interviewed by a consular which I passed the interview but my colleague was denied instantly and I was told to go pick up my visa in 3 days time. On getting to DHL in abuja they couldn't find my passport, so I had to go back to my hotel, that evening I got a message from the embassy asking me to come in for interview again,on getting there I was told "we are sorry we can't grant u a visa". She gave me a printout stating under section 214b,when I searched the Internet it was saying I do not have strong ties to my home country.
I have traveled to 3 different countries,i earn 150,000 naira monthly.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jan 19, 2015
You guys have been
doing a nice job. Anyway, I plan to apply for a B1/B2 US VISA few weeks time.
Note, I'm a student who wants to use the 1st 4 weeks of my 6 months Industrial
Training Holiday/vacation to visit my Aunt and cousins in US. Aunt is a permanent
Resident and cousins are all citizens. She'll sponsor my trip and will send an IV to
that effect. I'll be using a virgin passport and I've had no international travel
experiences.
1-Does the fact that I'm in my penultimate year as an Electrical/Electronic
Engineering stdnt count as strong tie to my country??
2-Do I need an official document from my school, aside my admission letter?
3-Which has a higher success of VISA issuance, the embassy at Lagos or Abuja? ?
4- On a scale of 10, how likely will I be issued a VISA? ?
Thnks guys!!!
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by tundedaluja: 8:03am On Jan 21, 2015
A friend of mine went to America on a b1b2 visa twice, he met an American woman on his first visit and started dating and he proposed to her on his second visit, they are contemplating whether to get married in the US or Nigeria, my question is this, if they get married in the US, must the husband come to Nigeria before he could be an LPR? thank you.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by kodedklash(m): 6:57pm On Jan 21, 2015
Thanks for ur good work VO, one of my cousin in US doing his wedding this coming April and he has promise to send invitation to me and he has ask me to make enquiries abt what I will b needed to take to the embassy, pls I will like to know the procedure's
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nana89: 8:23pm On Jan 21, 2015
Hello vo! I would please like to know what it means for visa status to be on "administrative processing" through the Dropbox program as it said on the consular website that application through Dropbox will be adjudicated and retuned within 7-10 business days.

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by FCBee: 6:20am On Jan 22, 2015
Dear VO,
Thanks for taking the time out for this. Please I have an enquiry. I have been getting visa's (same category B1/B2, same purpose- i attend a conference every year and take a holiday after the conference). In 2013, I was not pregnant when I applied, got the visa, attended my conference and holiday , came back,took in and went to have a baby in 2014,all expenses paid, on same visa.

My question is: can i apply for same visa category via dropbox ? If yes, what documents do I need to present? I will be attending same conference this year.And I also intend to have a baby again there. What do I need to do?

Kindly advice. Thanks in advance
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by kaykad: 7:33pm On Jan 23, 2015
[size=18pt]Dear House,

my passport will expire 22 march 2015, does it affect my chance of been denied a US vissa, will be back b4 then can the vissa b transferred to another passport if given?[/size].
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Newmum0615: 8:58am On Jan 24, 2015
Dear VO,
I am currently filling out my DS 160 form for a B1/B2 visa. My surname has a hyphen in between two names e.g SOME-BODY but I realised that the page doesn't accept hyphens between names. I had to write it as SOME BODY with a space and without the hyphen. Is this going to pose a problem during my interview? Because my intl passport and newspaper change of name has the hyphen in my surname. Please advise.
Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by nicerichard05: 11:05am On Jan 24, 2015
Good Day VO and also anu1 who can help,

I am planning to move to the US to get a job and At least get a better life over there, the only issue I have is that I have a 3months tourism American visa. A friend of mine said once I get there I can get a good lawyer nd seek for asylum, is that possible? And what are my chances?

PLEASE I NEED ADDVICE URGENTLY, COS I DONT WANNA MAKE ANY MISTAKE. THANKS
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by segun82(m): 12:18am On Jan 25, 2015
Hello VO, and other posters here who may be able to answer this question,

My parents both have their visas to the USA but my sister's kid lives with them; my sister is abroad so my parents are raising her kid for now. They have decided that they want the kid to travel with them to the US and so want to get her a visa too. Can anyone advise on the policy of the US embassy as per relatives such as grandparents getting a visa for their grandchild to accompany them to the US?

I am worried that they would insist that only the parents may be allowed to do that; someone please advise or better still, the V.O.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by mazifavour1: 9:42am On Jan 26, 2015
A friend of mine is invited by the girl friends maternal and paternal family and they would be the ones to sponsor him. So I would want to know what are the supporting document he has to show and hope it isn't wrong applying with a virgin passport. Thank u I was referred to u by another angel who helps other usa genuine visa applicants.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by d2ddayo(m): 2:08pm On Jan 27, 2015
hi forum, please i will just like to know or be advised regards my intention. i ve an american visit visa, 2years. i intend to go on vacation this april while on leave from work. i told my boss about this visa and she suggested why not take a study visa in the US which the company its self will be sponsoring later this year for one year till i return back to the company. they do sponsor employees every year for either a 6months or 1 year program in any school of their own budget range. i intend to use the opportunity of my visit in april to scout for a school there and come back to apply there. my question now is, what will be your advice, hope trying this wont affect my valid visa? i ve no intention of over staying my time since i do have a strong family tie here, my wife, 2 kids, job and my own personal business. hope to read from you soonest. thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Newmum0615: 9:35am On Jan 29, 2015
Dear VO,

I am trying to complete my DS-160 form for my visa and it is asking for visa type. There is an option for Business/Tourism (B1/B2) and the Tourism/Medical Treatment (B2). Please which one is appropriate for someone going to give birth over there?

Also there is a place that asks this question: Has anyone ever filed an immigrant petition on your behalf with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services?. A cousin of mine about 3 years entered my name for the US visa lottery program. Although I didn't win, does this qualify for me to answer a yes for the question?

Please help me out.

Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by deruboy: 1:33pm On Jan 29, 2015
Hello Visa officer, pls sir/ma I applied for a usa tourism visa and on my applicatn form I stated tthat I planned to travel on march 24 to return April 4. I had my interview last wk wed ie 20th n my vvisa was granted. Pls siir I want to ask if I can travel anytime to d USA or am expected to travel on d date I stated on my application form(ie March 24). Pls advice me,am confuse. Thanks alot
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Newmum0615: 6:09pm On Jan 29, 2015
Good day NLers,

I have come again o. Sorry. While applying for my visa, I entered the address where I will staying to have my baby as an extended stay hotel I booked close to my hospital. I have gotten to a page on my visa application that asks for US contact info asking if I have a relative in the US. I said yes because my mum inlaw stays in New York. However I won't be staying with her because I cannot afford to pay the high hosp bills in NY. Do you think it is ok for me to use a hotel as my address when I have a relative who I honestly do not intend visiting.
Please advise. I need this info to complete my application.

NB: I might end up staying in one of these private apartments where the owners rent out rooms to expectant mums if I am able to get a good bargain. Will this affect anything? Or should I put the details of my doc or the hospital i am using?

Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by InfoSeek: 3:50pm On Jan 31, 2015
Good day,

Please I will like to know if it's usual for an F-1 student visa renewal through dropbox to be delayed over the stated 10days. If not what steps can I take to figure out what is going on. As I have already called the call center and sent emails but haven't gotten any significant information on what the issue is.

Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by lovable85(f): 12:42pm On Feb 02, 2015
Good day vo,
I will love to know my chances of getting a visa approval, cos I'm a high school graduate( graduated 2007) and I have been working as a pastor ever since then(working experience), now I have applied to a community college in texas and have gotten the admission with no sat or toefl but applying for the English as a second language program and later engineering, my dad is my sponser and I'm 25 years old,and what documents should I carry for the interview. Pls reply
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by jeff1980(m): 12:16am On Feb 03, 2015
Good afternoon VO,i appreciate your helps towards everyone here.I have a grandma that have visited U.S twice.We intend to apply for her now through drop box,pls what and what document we need to apply for her.Thanks and God bless.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:18am On Feb 03, 2015
gentleiphy:
Happy New Year Consular officer.
Please i have been a silent follower of this thread and i will say i have gained a lot of things from questions asked here and your responses here..you are doing a great job.

I have a situation at hand.
i am billed to attend a global partnership summit in New York this July 2015 of an international NGO which i belong to and i want to apply for a visa for the summit but i want my wife to go along with me.she is not a member of the NGO and i just recently returned from a world congress meeting in Germany of this same NGO,i have good travel history of Europe-Germany,Holland,Turkey,Belgium and France (excluding UK),Dubai,South Africa,Ghana and my wife has been to Dubai and Ghana too.

what is the possibility of me and my spouse being issued visa as i am going for a business summit but wish to have her around for us to have extra days of vacation after the summit...what will be the best scenario..or do i forget about applying for both of us via the business summit and just apply for holiday while still using it to attend my business summit.Remember my aim of applying for visa is for the summit but wish to carry my wife along.

Please your urgent response is needed as i am about booking for interview date.
Thanks
Going on vacation is a valid and common use of a B1/B2 visa. It is up to you whether you apply for your wife as well. We don't give advice on specific cases, but as always, we do just recommend that you are honest at the interview. Good luck!
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:19am On Feb 03, 2015
meowbow:
Hi,

I had sent in an email to supportdocs email address asking them how to declare some health issue I may have. I had used my email address with my pet name on the address. They directed me to DS-160 website for information on how to fill up the form which is fine. What is a problem is that they have registered me on the online portal without me asking them to do so! I tried signing in to delete the profile but I am unable to do.
Now the profile has no relevant info. Even my name there is not what I not my official name or country of origin. I would have no problem correcting the information and adding my passport number etc but I will not be going to the US anytime soon, atleast for the next three years given my schedule.
I had earlier planned to go to see a potential suitor (as they have in my culture) at the end of this year but things did not quite work out sad

I have no intention of hiding my medical history when I do apply thats why I asked the question to begin with.
If I leave the application as it is it will be labelled inactive after a year and it will be automatically refused. I may have to declare it in case that happens and I have to apply for a visa in the future.
Now my main question is whether I can get the portal administration to delete my profile since it does not even have the basic information or will they ask me to correct/add information and apply even though I dont want a visa at the moment?

I have asked for it to be deleted to the portal administrators. Will they allow me do so? I see no reason for them to refuse. I haven't even chosen what type of visa I want. I don't want a refusal considering I am not going to the US in the near future!

In your experience as Consular officer, will they allow me to delete it?

P.S: Happy New Year!
Please call 01 440 6218 to discuss your case with a Call Center representative.

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (229)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Travelling To Canada Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.