Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,009 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:19 AM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (820349 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:21am On Feb 03, 2015
johnkent:
Hi,
While filling out the DS-160, I had indicated that I'll be attending the interview at the embassy in Lagos but I decided to schedule the interview at the Abuja embassy because it was more convenient for me. Is it okay to use the DS-160 even though it says lagos embassy on the DS-160 confirmation page.
Thanks
It is not okay, as you will not be allowed in to interview in Abuja if your application said Lagos. You need to call 01 440 6218 to change your location.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by akwana: 9:59am On Feb 03, 2015
Good morning,
Please I booked an appointment for February 4th, 2015 with my application ID but yesterday when I wanted to complete the signature and submitting section, I couldn't retrieve the application because the security questions asked were not the ones I chose.
Please am in urgent need of help/information on how to rectify this. My interview is for 8.30am in ABUJA tomorrow.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 2:19pm On Feb 03, 2015
I've just completed my DS 160 online and I've signed and submitted it. There was no provision to upload a passport photo. My question is, I'm I supposed to have uploaded a passport photo??

pls urgent!!!
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by mimikoko: 10:29am On Feb 04, 2015
Good morning VO's and visitors, I recently got my B1/B2 visa renewed through the drop box. I was pregnant at the time but didn't apply under B2 because I honestly hadn't planned on birthing in the US as at that time. I have recently decided to have the baby in the US understanding fully that I am expected to pay ALL medical bills and maintain a zero balance.
Now my question is, can I still travel on the B1/B2 visa or do I write informing the embassy of my change in plans? Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by omobabe1(m): 10:37am On Feb 04, 2015
hi nairalanders,i got my visa may last year to attend church convention but i could not make it due to some issue at home,
now i want to make use of the visa.pls which one is best for me,should i make hotel reservation or i should register for another
conference? your candid advice is highly needed,thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by femialade(m): 3:21pm On Feb 04, 2015
My wife is based in USA and will become a citizen next month, plz OP I need every available info about spouse visa and how long it will take. Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by onyimadu30: 4:25pm On Feb 05, 2015
Went 4 us interviwe and was denied,
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by onyimadu30: 4:42pm On Feb 05, 2015
She never asked 4 my documents, she asked me wat I was going to us to do I said vacation,she asked me were are u going to I. Answered ,she asked me what I do I told her, she asked if I have traveled b4 I said no, she said sorry she can,t grant me visa? So sad, I stammer, and unmarried, early 30s, work with a private office, and earn good salary!! What's her reason? Did she feel I was affriad because I stammer or I didn,t meet up to sec 214b having a strong ties
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by next4life(m): 7:58pm On Feb 05, 2015
VisaOfficer,@ all, please advise me. I have a B1/B2 visa that will expire this month (February 2015) while my passport will expire in August 2015 also. I want to renew the visa using the drop box as I intend travelling in April and come back by June 2015.
I saw somewhere that a passport must be valid for at least 6 months after you intend to return from your trip before visa can be issued on the passport. My problem now is that the passport office refused to renew the passport on the ground that I still have more than 6 months left and the pages has not been exhausted yet but will the embassy renew my visa on this passport in view of the expiry date and when I intend to come back?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by SirAweezy(m): 10:39am On Feb 06, 2015
Morning VO, I don't know if you can be off help to this mind bugging question.

My wife and I had been married for two years
She presently in her 1st trimester (due september this year).

I work in a bank earn 400000 naira per month
And she works with a multi media firm 3000 usd per month. We have been working for 3-4years now.

Now we want to first visit the US come this May 2015. Before deciding if we can have our baby in the US come September.

Morealso, we are looking at choice of invitations. A friend who stays in MD good Job been there for 15years(he lives in my house when ever his in Nigeria) or an Uncle who live in texas own an health centre and also very close to me.

Please advice if you think we stand any chance at all and possible things we should take note of during the interview.

Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 9:42am On Feb 07, 2015
Moryn VO, I was interviewed on dec 17th 2014 and for no gud reason was kept on administrative processing since then. No document was collected from me not evn my passport. I was told dey wll get back to me but up till now no word from them. Though feb 17th would make it 60 days. Should I wait till den b4 contacting them or otherwise.

Cheers.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by ihaveadream: 10:43am On Feb 07, 2015
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 6:46am On Feb 08, 2015
Can I apply using a sponsor. I am 30 years old
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Teedle(f): 8:44am On Feb 10, 2015
Good day Visa Officer,

This is my situation.

I am a final year student from University of Lagos, my convocation ceremony is on March 28, 2015.

I will start my NYSC on May 5, 2015.

I am in the process of applying for a B-2 tourist visa, I have all the necessary documents and my father is my sponsor. The documents include my passport, print out, dad's bank statement, c of o of our house, family picture, family chart, print out of nysc timetable, letter from school etc

However,

-the person inviting me is an international student
- I noticed that students (from Nigeria) are generally refused this visa
- my sponsors bank statement is that of his business.
-I will like to travel on April 1 for 30 days

Is my NYSC enough to show that I will be back after my short holiday? I also have 4 siblings and both parents here in Nigeria. I'm just concerned because I have read that the interviewer doesn't ask for all the documents which I feel would show my strong ties.

Can you please advise me accordingly. Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Lerzy: 11:02pm On Feb 10, 2015
Dear VO,
I went for my interview today and I was given a 221(g) form and the consular told me to get a new passport, since the old one had been mutilated. On the form it says I can go on Monday or Wednesday with my new passport. I want to ask if I need to take all my supporting documents and if I would be interviewed when next I go to the embassy. Thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by tonero4urch(m): 9:43am On Feb 11, 2015
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 10:35am On Feb 11, 2015
My Name is Kenechukwu Udechukwu. I am a FULL time medical student in the four-year Doctor of Medicine (MD) degree program at All Saints University, Dominica. I have successfully completed the first phase of the degree program lasting a period of two academic years. I am scheduled to start my clinical clerkship at Jackson Park Hospital in Chicago, USA on 16th February, 2015.

I came back to Nigeria, my country, on 31st January, 2015 purely for the purpose of applying for and obtaining an American Visa to enable me proceed to United States on 15th February, 2015. I attended the Visa Interview on February 9th, 2015 and I was refused a Visa under section 214B.

I had previously been denied a visa in barbados when I attempted to visit my Uncle while in school who invited me for a Christmas holiday in December 2013 On the present new application, I stated that I had no relative or family in the US and when I was asked by the interviewer, my answer was "No" as that was the FIRST question she asked me. After typing some few things on the system, she said that I am denied under Section 214(b) of the U.S immigration and Nationality Act, without even looking at my documents. I feel this is because I had lied about my relative living in the US on the new application. I have informed my school and they have re-scheduled my timetable for the clinical rotation in the US. i am currently waiting for the documents from my school concerning that. Please do i still have a chance of getting a Visa?

Do i need to contact a lawyer? how do i prove that i am credible outside telling the truth. I said "No" to the relative question because i thought the officer was asking if i had any relative in Chicago where i was going to do my rotation. I realized i was wrong after i came back and i reviewed my application again.

What are my chances of getting approved after i tell the whole truth? is there any duration or time frame for me to re-apply again? Do i need to apply for a Waiver of my Misrepresentation?

I wish to re-apply for the visa and state the truth this time but I don’t know how to go about it. Kindly advise me.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by dan147: 2:41pm On Feb 11, 2015
please VO, I applied for the B1/B2 America tourist visa in March 2014. However, i was denied, i recently tried applying with my husband this past January 2015 but my application couldn't be added along side my husband's because my information already insist in the CGI visa appointment website. More so, i can't remember the password to which i signed up on the appointment website and the email address i used has since been de-activated by yahoo Inc, otherwise, i would have been able to request a new password sent to the de-activated email address. Please, i need your advice as to how to retrieve my password so as to delete my insisting profile. I will gladly appreciate your swift response on this matter. Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by dan147: 2:52pm On Feb 11, 2015
DEAR VO, I CAN'T ACCESS MY INFORMATION WHICH I USED TO APPLY FOR TOURIST VISA BECAUSE I CAN'T REMEMBER MY PASSWORD, AND THE EMAIL ADDRESS I USED HAS BEEN DEACTIVATED BY YAHOO. WHAT SHOULD I DO BECAUSE I NEED TO APPLY WITH MY HUSBAND BUT MY INFORMATION IS BEEN REJECTED BECAUSE I HAVE AN ALREADY INFORMATION.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by prommy(f): 7:46am On Feb 12, 2015
Good morning dear,i have been to the USA once and will like to go again this easter with my kids how do i apply for their visa.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Ess: 8:19am On Feb 14, 2015
Dear VO, can a person change his point of entry as compared to where he filled during his interview with the plan of going there days afterwards by local flight?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Omooso(m): 12:01pm On Feb 15, 2015
hi good people of nairaland,please i need urgent answer,i want to attend a Church conference in Dallas Texas on 19th this month that is 4 days time,i booked hotel online with my Credit card and confirmed it,my problem now is that they did not deduct the money,they said i should pay on arrival,hope this will not affect me at the port of entry? thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by SoCalGal: 8:07am On Feb 16, 2015
Hello abujaniv!

My mom filled the I-130 form back in 2005 for my uncle, his wife, and their daughter, but my uncle wants to visit my mom and me for a month. He has his own business to return to, will not be visiting the U.S. with his wife and daughter, and still has a few years before his I-130 can get approved.

Should he be up front during the interview and let the CO know right off the bat about the I-130 or will he be asked about it without having to bring it up first? He genuinely wants to only visit for a short period of time since we haven't seen each other in years and wants to be as honest as possible during his interview, so he wants to know how he needs to address it.

Thanks in advance!
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by rishabh1008: 11:33am On Feb 16, 2015
Hi abujan1v,

I have an approved i129 petition for working as a religious minister in the US. The approval is for two years.I have to appear for the visa interview to get the R1 visa. Does the R1 visa require the beneficiary to show that he has a residence abroad that he dose not intend to abandon? Of course I do have a big house that I do not want to sell off even if I go to US, thuogh I may give it out on rent while I am in the US. I was reading at this US State department website that such a requirement is not necessary for R1 visa beneficiaries:

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/87244.pdf (on page 4)

Could you please guide me regarding this?

Thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by jany(f): 10:13am On Feb 17, 2015
Hello VO

i am presently pregnant and would like to have my baby in the US. I have the financial capability to pay all bills and i have relatives there who are ready to accomodate me. my question is this my hubby recently got his permanent resident card and is willing to file for me but the process would definately take longer than i can afford. So can i apply for a b visa and get approved if i get a letter of invite from a relative and also show means to pay?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by AbusM(m): 2:03pm On Feb 17, 2015
Good day VO my application for b2 visa was not granted today.. the VO mentioned that my marriage is still young..but I failed to let her know it was a young marriage but old relationship(7years). I'm to travel with my wife who still has a valid visa to visit her brother who has been longing to meet me. I'm a very busy guy and my wife's work doesn't really give her so much time too. My question is how soon may I reapply because we both have planned our annual leave to coincide at our proposed travel period which is by the ending of April. Kindly advise me as I planned to reapply immediately.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Vuitton007: 4:57pm On Feb 17, 2015
Hello All....

Am back from America, itwas fun.

Please i need help with VisitVisa to Canada, kindly guide me on the requirements and visa process.

Tnx
Vuit.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by sexysb: 8:29pm On Feb 18, 2015
Hello Visa Officer smiley

Please, can you help me out?

I'm permanently resident in England. I have travelled to the US before and I subsequently had my visa renewed.

I was given a B1/B2 visa and the purpose for my trip (declared on the form and at the interview) was for tourism/vacation. This was before I got married/got pregnant. I have not used the visa since then.

I'm pregnant and I'm considering going to the US to give birth. I know I'm entitled to free NHS care in England but I'm able to comfortably afford the cost of childbirth in the US.

Do I have to notify the US Consulate at London of my change in plans or should I travel to US for a brief vacation (as originally planned), return and then fly out again to have my baby?

I'm confused and I want to do what's right to avoid any issues at the POE or with any subsequent visa renewal.

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by stevefido: 9:40pm On Feb 18, 2015
Good Evening , I need some clarifications please. My wife (Primary Applicant) , Myself and my kid , applied for a USA visa 2013 and we were granted a 2years Visa which will expire this year April . Now we want to renew our Visa via Dropbox option but after filling the DS-160 form , I created a profile on the https://cgifederal.secure.force.com for the payment. In the drop box letter i printed i noticed i now appears to be the primary Applicant , although i latter decided to change it and use my wife profile but i was not able to use the payment receipt that i have earlier used for my profile. My question now is that does it matter who the primary applicant is , inasmuch we have been issued a VIsa once as a family.

Can i still change the profile to make my wife the primary applicant or is there a number that i can call for help at the embassy?

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (229)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.