Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,819 members, 7,817,384 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:20 AM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (819808 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:17pm On Dec 12, 2014
mario2575:
Hello VO. Please I would like to find out if a mother and daughter can apply for b1/b2 visa together. Will both the mother and daugher be present for the interview. Will they pay seperate visa appointment fees? The mother has been to the UK 4 times In the past 6 years but now wants to visit the US with her daughter on vacation. She is married and has strong home ties but what are the chances of her daughter who doesn't have travel history is single and unmarried in her mid twenties. Thank you.

Again, we don't comment on the "chances" of individual cases. As for the first part of your question, every person must be present for the interview and every person must pay the visa fee.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:19pm On Dec 12, 2014
oloriakinyemi:
Good morning VO,
I have a pending spousal visa,my husband filed in for me and my daughter since March this year.while waiting,I ask him to invite us on B1/B2.my Question is,what is our chance of getting the visiting visa?do we still have any ties to our country since my husband is over there already?thanks

Again, we do not comment on the individual "chances" of any particular case. Family in the US is one of several factors that help determine a person's "ties".
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:22pm On Dec 12, 2014
petitebussy:
Good afternoon sir,pls I'm a little worried,I made a mistake in my Irish visa application though it was denied,now I'm applying for us with accurate information so I don't know if the Irish refusal stamp on my passport would affect or has anything to do with my us application.

Again, we do not comment on the individual "chances" of any particular case. When we're going through your passport and notice prior refusals from other countries, we may ask about them, but a prior Irish refusal would certainly not be the sole or deciding factor in a case.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:23pm On Dec 12, 2014
somchisom:
Hello,
please assist.
While filling my ds-160 form, i mistakenly filled B1/B2 as visa type instead of B2. I have also made payment at the bank for same class. I just realised the mistake while trying to pick an appointment date for the interview. Please advise on what i should do. Thank you.

This is OK. A B1/B2 is merely a combination visa that can be used for either B1 or B2 purposes of travel. Which purpose of travel you're intending should become clear during your interview.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by petitebussy: 2:25pm On Dec 12, 2014
Good afternoon sir,pls I'm a little worried,I made a mistake in my Irish visa application though it was denied,now I'm applying for us with accurate information so I don't know if the Irish refusal stamp on my passport would affect or has anything to do with my us application.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:25pm On Dec 12, 2014
dabigbangishere:
Hello VO... good afternoon. I was supposed to go for the OilComm Conference in Texas so I went for interview on the 21st of October 2014. I was surprised when the person that was supposed to interview didn't do what he was supposed to do and just refused me without no explanations or questions. The only question asked was my ID which I gave him and that was all. I was a bit confused but just got to comply. Why do you think I was refused even when my intentions of going for a conference was very clear?

Also, I will be going for visitation next year with my wife and kids... what chances do I have and what will be the requirement for a family visa? Although I've traveled to South Africa before but as a single man and not with family. I will like to know how to fill forms and what will be the documents that will be attached with my kids passport since they are just 3 and 2 years respectively. I will really appreciate your response.

We do not comment on the individual "chances" of any particular case, nor do we comment on the circumstances of individual prior refusals. As for your application with your family, each family member needs their own visa application, and needs to pay the visa fee. There's no single "family visa" that covers all of them - each member of the family needs a visa application and a visa fee so that each member of the family can be interviewed for a visa.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:28pm On Dec 12, 2014
drmathewchuku:
Good morning sir
I need your advise sir .about two years ago.my
wife applied for an immigrant visa for work
placement as a nurse
and included our first born and she was not
granted the visa due to incomplete
documentation .she was to reschedule for
another interview and she changed her mind.as
at 11th of december 2014 which was
yesterday ,my daughter applied for an
F-1 visa to study in the usa after I made
payment for her tuition.now the VO refered back
to the non immigrant visa application as
submitted by my wife in 2012.
so my daughter was denied visa.
my wife then sent a mail to the immigrant
lawyer in the usa that was handling her
immigrant application then and she was told
that few weeks ago he got a mail from
america embassy that it has been terminated
and he suggested thay my daughter can reapply. sir can she truly reapply and
how can she convince the consular that the
previous application for immigrant visa by her
mother has
been terminated
thanks you sir

Applicants for F1s are, of course, welcome to reapply - though we do note on our website that they should wait at least seven days after their last refusal before doing so. (http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/non-immigrant_visas.html )

If an immigrant visa petition has been terminated, that information is usually visible to the consular officer at the time of the interview.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by dabigbangishere: 11:18pm On Dec 12, 2014
Will 2 and 3 years old kids be interviewed too? Thanks for your response. Appreciate.
abujaniv:

We do not comment on the individual "chances" of any particular case, nor do we comment on the circumstances of individual prior refusals. As for your application with your family, each family member needs their own visa application, and needs to pay the visa fee. There's no single "family visa" that covers all of them - each member of the family needs a visa application and a visa fee so that each member of the family can be interviewed for a visa.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by seytok2002: 7:51am On Dec 13, 2014
Dear VO, my hubby and i applied for a usa visa last year and we got two years. We travelled together and came back together. After few months, our marriage broke up and we got divorced. Both of us have good jobs. I head a dept in one of the ministries in lagos state(civil servany) and have 3 kids. I intend to visit the usa again with my children. Will it be easy getting them a visa, if not, i can leave them, visit and come back to my adorables.i also wish to change my status to divorced with the embassy. How possible is dat.[color=#550000][/color]
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by dendimon: 8:35am On Dec 13, 2014
Hi abujaniv, thank you so much for answering our questions!

My question is, if an applicant for an F-1 visa has a sibling in the United States who is an undocumented immigrant, how should they disclose this in the DS-160 form? The form requires you to list a legal status for "immediate relatives" and the options are 1. US Citizen, 2. LPR, 3. Non-immigrant and 4. Other / don't know. For the purpose of this question, let's assume the undocumented immigrant sibling was legally admitted as a non-immigrant and over-stayed their visa. Should they be listed on the DS-160 as non-immigrant or other?

Would having such a sibling prejudice an applicants case? For example, could the VO say, "since your sibling violated their F-1 visa terms by over-staying, we have strong reason to believe you will as well"? Is there anyway an applicant can distance themselves from family members who have previously run afoul of immigration law or is it impossible and VO will factor this in when adjudicating the existence non-immigrant intent?

Thanks so much for reading this, have a wonderful day!
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 9:59am On Dec 13, 2014
abfas:
I..my hubby and kids applied for Usa and we were denied...dey stated we shld change circumstances cos we haven't travelled as a family b4...
Now.we v planned to go to dubai for d xmas and reapply....what other tin shld be put in place and also applying alone with d kids......
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 2:24pm On Dec 13, 2014
Hello:

This is a two part question.

#1 for the Consular Officer, please consider adding an option to pay visa application fees here in the US. There's already an ecommerce payment site for the Department of State to pay other fees and visa fees can be easily added. Thanks.

#2 for those that have paid via GTBank, does anyone have a copy of the deposit slip that they can post? I need to know the info that the bank will require?

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by papilont(m): 1:37pm On Dec 14, 2014
[color=#006600][/color]
abujaniv:
Hello, Nairaland! Our last thread was lost due to the Nairaland data loss, so we're re-starting the Non-Immigrant Visa discussion.

We are U.S. Foreign Service Officers working in Abuja and Lagos. We'll be happy to answer as many of your Non-Immigrant Visa questions as possible. Please note that we do not comment on specific cases, we do not offer advice, and we will not answer abusive or insulting posts.

While we will attempt to explain U.S. immigration policies and provide overall visa application guidance, any opinions expressed are the personal views of the writer and do not necessarily reflect the views of the United States Government.

There is a separate Immigrant and Diversity Visa thread at https://www.nairaland.com/1792591/u.s-immigration-questions-ask-u.s., also handled by a U.S. Foreign Service Officers in Nigeria, so please use this thread only for questions about Non-Immigrant Visas.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Our best,
AbujaNIV

Good evening VO, I applied for a USA conference Visa which was approved this Last Thursday, but when I got home I realised my passport photography was returned to me but my Int. Passport was collected.

Does this mean that the passport photography isn't needed?

Thanks in advance for your response.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by donrocky(m): 9:05pm On Dec 14, 2014
hello VO sir/ma. have be longing to apply for a US b1/b2 visa ,that was be fore I travel ed to the
UAE...coz I was thinking its not advised to use a virgin passport to apply for it.....now my question is
that the uae entry and exist stamp on my passport is it an advantage? can I apply for the b1/b2 visa
now? I need advise.…..thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by kingsdaughter: 10:01am On Dec 15, 2014
Dear VO,

I was wondering what location in Nigeria I would select on the first page of the DS160 form "Select a location where you will be applying for this visa" dropdown menu since I would be applying via Drop box in Port Harcourt.

Thanks in anticipation of your response.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 2:15pm On Dec 15, 2014
Hello VO,

I'm in a bit of a dilemma.

My cousin invited me for her graduation ceremony in the US. I have a letter from her university addressed to the embassy. I would love to be there to support her but my worry is that I'm not married and my only ties to this country is my job. I have a sister that lives in the US and I will stay with her during my 14 day break. I've never had a reason to go visit her because she comes home regularly. I have another cousin who is studying in havard university. I have never been refused a visa before. I have traveled to the UK, Netherlands, Belgium, France and the UAE.

I don't know if I should go ahead and apply for the US visit visa this at time for fear of rejection. It would be lovely to know my chances. I would rather not apply if I'm not in good standing. I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by oloriakinyemi: 7:07pm On Dec 17, 2014
Hi vo
I scheduled an appointment with my daughter(2years old) for same day together not a separate appointment.please is it ok that way?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by SisiOlu: 8:31am On Dec 18, 2014
Hi VO,

Please i understand that Nigerians that apply for US visas are usually given 2 year multiple visas. But in my case i was given a 1 year multiple visa which i find strange. Kindly explain the possible reasons for issuing out a one year visa to a nigerian that applied from Nigeria.
Although my passport was supposed to expire in one year, can that be the reason?

Regards,
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by DoraTosh(f): 11:18am On Dec 20, 2014
Hello VO

My B1/B2 visa has been on administrative processing for more than 60 days now.I asked for advice here weeks ago and was advised to Email consular Abuja which I have done but got no response.At this point I don't know what else to do.My passport,marriage certificate and my husband's US passport biodata page was collected after my interview.Please what do I do at this point.Thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by qonfupanda: 2:13pm On Dec 20, 2014
Hi Vo
Good pm,I applied for an m1 visa,and the school is ohio technical college,the course is welding tech.24th of dec is my interview,finished my second school 2010.....what are the possible questions I can prepare for....!!!...plz help ma!!!
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 5:33pm On Dec 21, 2014
Hi V.O,

Good day all and tnx V.O for a nice job ongoing here part 6. I ve been followin dis thread and I did not have any dull moment during my recent interview. All questioned dusted plus but wasnt given d f1 visa yet. My post is to make some enquiries and also to point out a key observation;
Me: Good morny
Vo: moryn wt a smyle and how re u
Me: Good and u?
Vo: very gud tnx
Vo: So you are going to schl xyz for ur masters in computer science?
Me: yeah very well
Vo: can I see ur i20?
Me: Sure, gave to her and did right thumb prints 4 fingers.
Vo: how did u learn abt dis schl
Me: Recommended by a senior boss who was once a student and in addition to intensive research of recommended choice
Vo: you mean d boss u wrkin with/ for?
Me: yeah..... typed and stl typing
Vo: why this school in particular
Me: Extreme responsiveness as compared to oda choices made
Vo: cuts in b4 I cld gve oda reasons...u mean dey respond well...
Me: yeah
Vo: what oda schls did u apply to?
Me: mentioned d schls and locations sharply
Vo: when did u finish ur univ. Education?
Me: which of dem precisely mam cos I gat a first def and a second degree (bsc and mba)
Vo: ok, ur mba wen did u finish and wat schl
Me: answered sharply
Vo: You alredy have an Mba why du u need a masters again
Me: Wanna be uniquely segregated and continue to be d supervisor over my current subordinates. Cos some of dem newly recruited possesses foreign degrees and wont wanna be a subordinate to any of dem any time soon.
Vo: Nodded convincingly wt xtra attention...so because of dis u want an international degree
Me: wt a smyl yes mam.
Vo: whrre do u work
Me: Xyz coy wt 6yrs experience
Vo: have u paid ur sevis fee?
Me: Sure, u want me to pass u d evidence?
Vo: no thank u
Vo: Whos sponsoring you
Me: Myself
Vo: wtthout time wasting reached out for a white sheet, ticked ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING, sed to me see I ll gve u ur passport and every oda doc plus this sheet of paper, you will hear from in the next few days. We ll contact u and u use dis as a form of clearance for ur nxt visit wen we contact u.
Me: I have a study leave letter + bond evidence from my org, wld u like to see?
Vo: no dont worry just tke dis sheet and wait to hear from us.

These are my questions;

1. Others b4 me did thumbprints of left 4 fingers, why was mine right hand

2. Several items were listed in the paper but only Administrative Processing was ticked. Does it mean oda docs listed doesnt concern me?

3. No document watsoever was taken from me even dough I have all docs redy for vetting Including my p.p, is dis a kind of sign?

4. Upon checking my case number on ceac site a few days later, i discovered that the case number had been entered a day and A.P against it before my interview the next day. Culd dis be as a result of emergency appointment booked or wat else...It read case entered 17th and updated 18th... 18th was my interview date... tnx all.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by slightlyMad(f): 10:04pm On Dec 21, 2014
hi VO

I have an approved IV petition with 2+ years before my PD becomes current.
I run an IT company here and am doing fine really. I would like to visit my family in the US, how easy will that be?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by port1976(m): 11:40pm On Dec 21, 2014
VO,

I applied for B1/B2 Visa through dropbox on Dec 17th. 2014. I checked application status online but found " Your visa is undergoing NECESSARY administrative processing......" Please can you tell me more about statement above. Am concerned beacuse i meant to travel on January 3rd,2015 for training at my employer headoffice. Please note that i was there in Dec, 2013 and April, 2014.

I have been issued H3 and B1/B2 visa before and never overstayed, they were well utilized and no conatct with security offcials . Three things have changed between now and previous application: 1. I visited Saudi Arabia in October, 2014, 2. I have Angola work visa ( 2013 and 2104) 3. I changed my job to another better company within the same industry.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 6:51am On Dec 24, 2014
Hello sir.

Compliments of the season.

Would you please advise on the appropriate way to get an appointment date for a B1/ B2 visa for an infant. The rest of the family has this class of visa valid till August 2015. We've filled the DS 160 and paid as well, but every time we try to book an appointment the response we get is 'there are currently no appointments available'.

Would appreciate your kind advice. I'm also aware we can call to schedule an appointment, but I don't the phone number for that. It would be great if you can help with that too.

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 9:04am On Dec 24, 2014
seytok2002:
Dear VO, my hubby and i applied for a usa visa last year and we got two years. We travelled together and came back together. After few months, our marriage broke up and we got divorced. Both of us have good jobs. I head a dept in one of the ministries in lagos state(civil servany) and have 3 kids. I intend to visit the usa again with my children. Will it be easy getting them a visa, if not, i can leave them, visit and come back to my adorables.i also wish to change my status to divorced with the embassy. How possible is dat.[color=#550000][/color]
Thank you for your question. We don't comment on individual cases, but note that being married is not a requirement for obtaining a visa. That is simply one of many factors that VOs use to evaluate an applicant's ties to Nigeria. Good luck!
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 9:06am On Dec 24, 2014
papilont:
[color=#006600][/color]

Good evening VO, I applied for a USA conference Visa which was approved this Last Thursday, but when I got home I realised my passport photography was returned to me but my Int. Passport was collected.

Does this mean that the passport photography isn't needed?

Thanks in advance for your response.
Only one photo is needed in most cases. Sometimes a second is required when the first photo is damaged, but if it was returned, then you should assume the one photo was sufficient.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 9:07am On Dec 24, 2014
kingsdaughter:
Dear VO,

I was wondering what location in Nigeria I would select on the first page of the DS160 form "Select a location where you will be applying for this visa" dropdown menu since I would be applying via Drop box in Port Harcourt.

Thanks in anticipation of your response.
You can contact the Call Center at 01 440 6218 with any DS-160 questions. Good luck.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 9:09am On Dec 24, 2014
DoraTosh:
Hello VO

My B1/B2 visa has been on administrative processing for more than 60 days now.I asked for advice here weeks ago and was advised to Email consular Abuja which I have done but got no response.At this point I don't know what else to do.My passport,marriage certificate and my husband's US passport biodata page was collected after my interview.Please what do I do at this point.Thank you
You will need to wait for the Embassy to contact you. We make every effort to conclude adminstrative processing as quickly as possible, but sometimes it takes longer than 60 days.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 9:12am On Dec 24, 2014
MrsDGN:
Hello sir.

Compliments of the season.

Would you please advise on the appropriate way to get an appointment date for a B1/ B2 visa for an infant. The rest of the family has this class of visa valid till August 2015. We've filled the DS 160 and paid as well, but every time we try to book an appointment the response we get is 'there are currently no appointments available'.

Would appreciate your kind advice. I'm also aware we can call to schedule an appointment, but I don't the phone number for that. It would be great if you can help with that too.

Thank you.
You should call the Call Center at 01 440 6218 if you're having trouble scheduling the appointment. Good luck.

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (229)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Travelling To Canada Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.