Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,622 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (820240 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by aitiola: 2:30pm On Apr 13, 2015
Hello VO,Thank you for the great job here.I applied for a US diversity visa in 2010 in Finland and was rejected after a long wait.Obviously,the VO then sent my Nigerian certificate to Lagos for verification,Lagos never responded according to the information from the embassy here.Along the line,I sent an email requesting to change the address I gave in the US as where I will be staying.To cut the long story short ,I was denied without further interview on the ground of what was called discrepancies on your application.Now I am applying to Canada for my Masters and I was being asked if I have ever been denied A visa before in any embassy ...obviously yes (UK twice and US once) but it was just me not been able to satisfy the VO.I can not lie on the Canadian application form but just want to know if the previous denial could affect my study permit application in Canada.I am applying together with my wife and my little son.I am tensed and I hate to feel this way.Thank you.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by dunwun: 4:37pm On Apr 13, 2015
If going for childbirth purposes, is it okay to have someone host me or must I book a hotel just as proof that all my expenses can catered for? Is my host required to comfirm intentions to host and feed me for the time?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by medoyin(m): 7:32am On Apr 15, 2015
Please help. I just applied and booked an appointment for July 2015,but something came up in my school and my appointment date needs to be changed to Sept or Oct.2015

What can I do to avoid paying another visa fee??
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by kemstol(f): 10:10am On Apr 16, 2015
pls i need help. i want to apply for a US tourist visa alongside with my husband and my two kids to disneyland in Florida for just two weeks. we've been to dubai and South Africa last year; i need someone to help throw light on the sample of introduction letter i can write since i and my husband are self employed and we sponsored our two previous trips, all assistance will be appreciated asap. regards
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by victosin002(m): 6:18am On Apr 17, 2015
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by ezychris(m): 7:29am On Apr 20, 2015
Dear VO, I am an ND graduate and I plan to further my education in one of the universities in the US. My questions are as follow ;
1. What type of visa do I apply for?
2. How possible is it to get the visa?
Thanks ma for your usual patience in answering questions in this thread.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by victoreo(m): 1:36pm On Apr 20, 2015
Hello Visa Officer.

I am trying to schedule a visa appointment,But i cant seem to find the "schedule new appointment option". Are you doing a maintenance check on your website? thanks for your anticipated response.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by oluwanoni: 3:55pm On Apr 20, 2015
Hello VO, great job you're doing here,

A quick question:

1)this is my first travel to the USA
2) I have an elder brother who is a citizen.
3 I intend staying for 1 week or less.
4) I am currently employed but earn less than 100,000 but I have enough savings.

Please what are my chances of approval and,would I need.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 2:29pm On Apr 22, 2015
Good day VO.
My question relates to the procedure of finger printing during the visa interview. I have battled with dry hands for years which is made worse with chemicals in soaps and deterrgen when I wash. I suspect this is the reason why my fimgers cannot be captured electronically, I discovered this recentlyu when I went for my passport and renewal of drivers license. Even though I was issued both irrespecrtiv, am worried it will affect me getting a US visa.
I want to apply for visa in a few weeks and i will appreciate your response before I do. Thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Jeffex(m): 4:45pm On Apr 23, 2015
Good day VO abujani
I am writing to make enquiry so to know about this because a company in the states wanted to hire me so I can work for them by sending me an invitation letter so I wanted to know more information on how this process will work so I can get the information to the firm that want to hire me so they will know about it
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by shamecurls(m): 8:40pm On Apr 23, 2015
Hello Madam,

I must commend you for the great job you have been doing on these thread. May God grant you all your heart desire. I will like to know if a US born baby has a legal right to medicaid. Its been a serious argument on different threads and will appreciate if you can help clarify. E.g If a non-immigrant mother pays all her delivery bills and applies for medicaid for the child in the US. As she breached any law?

I will appreciate your response.

Thanks in advance.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by muami(m): 11:40pm On Apr 24, 2015
Hi VO,

I'm a Nigerian principally residing in Nigeria. In 2013, while studying in the UK, I was issued a B1/B2 visa at the U.S. Consulate in London, UK. This was the first time I had applied for a U.S. Visa. I'm now back to Nigeria and working. That expired just expired a few days ado and I want to apply to renew my visa to enable me attend a conference in the US in June. Can I use the DropBox?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by LewsTherin: 10:01pm On Apr 25, 2015
I've got a question. My mum got a 2yr visa last year. She was to attend a conference amongst other things and return this year for the same conference. However, halfway through her visit in the US, her brother was diagnosed of a terminal disease in Europe. She had to cut short her stay in the US to go stay with her brother. Eventually, she brought him back to Nigeria. It's been long and hard but we eventually lost him a few weeks ago.

Now she has a number of trips to 2 countries in Europe, 2 in Africa and a meeting in Dubai planned for this year. We have missed out on this year's conference in the US and she's worried her US visa will expire without her using it a second time.

If this does happen, will it affect her ability to renew her US Visa? She keeps asking me to book a trip to the US for her but we have way too much to do right now that we can't afford the time and expense for her to go to the US for no reason than an entry stamp on her passport.
Kindly advice.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 7:03am On Apr 26, 2015
LewsTherin:
I've got a question. My mum got a 2yr visa last year. She was to attend a conference amongst other things and return this year for the same conference. However, halfway through her visit in the US, her brother was diagnosed of a terminal disease in Europe. She had to cut short her stay in the US to go stay with her brother. Eventually, she brought him back to Nigeria. It's been long and hard but we eventually lost him a few weeks ago.

Now she has a number of trips to 2 countries in Europe, 2 in Africa and a meeting in Dubai planned for this year. We have missed out on this year's conference in the US and she's worried her US visa will expire without her using it a second time.

If this does happen, will it affect her ability to renew her US Visa? She keeps asking me to book a trip to the US for her but we have way too much to do right now that we can't afford the time and expense for her to go to the US for no reason than an entry stamp on her passport.
Kindly advice.
https://www.nairaland.com/608780/usa-visit-visa/211#608780.6772
There's a thread for that.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by 07039274857(m): 9:26pm On Apr 26, 2015
Hi, pls any information and procedure on how to get a girlfriend into usa for only short time?.. Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by papa777: 8:58am On Apr 29, 2015
Dear Visa-Officer,

Good morning. First, I must commend the great-work you are doing here, by guiding numerous visa-applicants. If not, so many applicants would have gone astray.

I would like to get clarity about Validity of passport for Non-immigrant visa.

1. Is it that the passport must have "at least" 6month-validity at the time of submitting the online visa-application, or at the time of visa-interview, or at the time of entry into the U.S? As i observe that ones' passport- 6month validity could change within the 3 different time, for someone whose passport is valid for the next 6-8months, and intending to visit the U.S for a short-time of 10days.

2. Is there anyother time that the 6months passport-validity refers to, apart from the any of those mentioned above?

Thank you for your time and patience. I look forward to your response. God bless you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by tradenet: 11:18am On Apr 29, 2015
Hello
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by justbiz: 4:47pm On May 05, 2015
Dear VO,

I am a prospective Master student in the University of North Texas, Denton,USA. I have been offered a place to work for my Masters degree with a Teaching Assistantship (TA), Graduate school scholarship and international Tuition fee waiver included in my admission package. I have however request for immigration document to be issued for my spouse and our 7month old son. My worry is that would them traveling with me not have a negative decision on my Visa application or is it advisable for me to apply for them to join me later?

Please your sincere advice will be much appreciated.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by tityski: 4:45pm On May 08, 2015
Hi VO, Pls can i apply for a visiting visa in abuja after being denied in lagos 3 times?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Sconty09(m): 11:22pm On May 08, 2015
abujaniv:
Hello, Nairaland! Our last thread was lost due to the Nairaland data loss, so we're re-starting the Non-Immigrant Visa discussion.

We are U.S. Foreign Service Officers working in Abuja and Lagos. We'll be happy to answer as many of your Non-Immigrant Visa questions as possible. Please note that we do not comment on specific cases, we do not offer advice, and we will not answer abusive or insulting posts.

While we will attempt to explain U.S. immigration policies and provide overall visa application guidance, any opinions expressed are the personal views of the writer and do not necessarily reflect the views of the United States Government.

There is a separate Immigrant and Diversity Visa thread at https://www.nairaland.com/1792591/u.s-immigration-questions-ask-u.s., also handled by a U.S. Foreign Service Officers in Nigeria, so please use this thread only for questions about Non-Immigrant Visas.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Our best,
AbujaNIV

I am a Nigerian based in Abu Dhabi,UAE. I lived here with my wife and son. I run a marketing firm back home,MediLine we basically into medical libraries and equipments. I moved here three years ago to join my wife who is a teacher in the University. I left my Nigeria business for my brother who has worked with me to continue to run while take charge of imports from here in Dubai medical free zone market and still monitor the business. My aim is to open another office here with local partner and be with my family, the process and application for the company has started,but takes time because of the UAE emiratization policy. So presently i am not working here as i am on my wife visa though resident with three years visa but i attend to our clients orders from here if we don't have in our Lagos store. I intends to travel on a visit with my family for summer holiday,my wife(American and my baby with american passport) both needed no visa to travel but i did applied through the Abu Dnabi but was denied because of my non working resident status. a friend advised that i should have apply through my country because it may be difficult for the embassy when it involves three countries. What should be my next step?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 12:47pm On May 09, 2015
Good day here. My wife and I intend to have our baby in the US. Delivery should be by December. Please what type of visa do we apply for and when should we apply for it? I hear it is better to get the visa before the pregnancy becomes evident. Pls how true is it? We are looking for a visa that we can use to travel say mid-October and come back December. Thanks as I await your educative comments.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by orimahspence: 5:50pm On May 09, 2015
Greetings VO, having seeing so many assistance you have rendered here, I am convinced that I could be added to the long list of people you have helped, hence, I decided to humbly write you.
I am 27yrs married with 2 kids, I work with a reputable print media here in Nigeria as a reporter, I am scheduled to cover an AU event taking place in Washington Dc in August,my interview appointment is july, my visa application class is Journalist/media I class, I haven't travelled out of the country since 2012 and i just renewed my passport some days ago, though the old passport carry expired Saudi and Qatar visa on it, and i had never overstay my time in any of those countries,my questions are, 1. do i need to glue the old passport with the new one? 2. What are the necessary documents to take along for the interview? 3.my salary is not channel in to my bank account as it's always remitted by cash ( although always accompanied by pay slip) and perhaps I don't have huge funds in my personal account but have landed properties, the my since my company is the sponsor and would be responsible for all the expenses , 4. do i need to bring l the company account statement with me? 5.would my age be a barrier because most of my co reporters sheduled for the same purpose 3/4 years ago are over 30, and would be on assignment in the UK at the same time the washigton event is taking place.
thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by sushi88: 11:15am On May 11, 2015
i will be going for conference in the united states. please do you have an idea of questions they will ask
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by aydupy: 2:25pm On May 11, 2015
Hello visa officer,
I am new on the platform, my parents are citizens of US and I intend to travel to visit with my son as temporary visitors. I am married I would like to find out wat my chances of getting a visa are. They have been the ones visiting my family in nigeria. I am working here in Nigeria and also my husband is working too. A bit scared because of the tales I have heard about people whose parents are citizens and also refusal saying they may not want to come back. Thankyou
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by nwannenna: 6:02pm On May 11, 2015
hello,
i am new in this section,
i want to know how long it wil take to bring my family over
if i relocate to the US with a work permit visa.
2.i want to go th e US to write an exam for nurses,
what kind of visa would i need to apply for.visitors visa?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 9:40am On May 12, 2015
Good Morning. I'm very happy to read many of your replies to the questions asking by people on this thread. I'm planning to go and spend my vacation that will come up on December in United States. But i have no family or friend to invite me there...Now, i want you to give me the guideline which can be the road or link to make my wish come through. Because, i've been hearing from many people that there are so many attractives places in US than other countries and which i have also seen some in many movies...So, i wish to go and see those places i have been seeing in the movies and hearing from the people with my two eyes.
Please, what are the protocol i have to follow to get the Tourist Visa, because i have no one in the US that will send me an invitation.
Thanks!
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Chrizizon: 12:35pm On May 12, 2015
Good day all the Gurus in here...I need someone to help me clarify something here, If someone made a transit in a country n they stamped u in, u checked in a hotel and spend a night there n leave the next day morning ..Can u consider that country as one of countries traveled to within 5 years?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Vicobaba123: 12:42pm On May 12, 2015
Dear VO,

I am happy that we have someone like you to enlighten us on visa issues. I am married to a USC and i have been denied visa twice simply because my wife is an USC. The first visa denial was last year when i wanted to visit my wife and the second one was yesterday and it was for a conference organised by the American society of civil engineers of which i am an associate member ( I am a professional Civil Engineer) which was suppose to take place jun 7 and i am been sponsored by my company ,. Funny enough my colleague from same company for the same conference was issued even when he has no travel history.

The officer did not even asked much question or check any of my documents, he only asked if am married to usc and i said yes..... my question then is cant i get a business or visit visa because i am married to USC...even when i have a good job, and a pending petition at the NVC stage.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 1:41pm On May 14, 2015
Hi V. O,

I see you have done so much work advising people on this thread. Thanks for your time and advice.
I am a prospective Msc student (Who's been offered a tuition waiver i.e Graduate assitantship). I was denied yesterday,
(the Consulate officer never asked for my I-20 or Knew i was on scholarship) she only asked.

What sch : I answered,

Let me have you Dad's Bank statement: I presented the GT bank statement since i am on scholarship.

She went through it, next thing was she offered me A sheet (Denied under Section 214(b).

I was dumbfounded. (Well i take some blame not going with My Dad's other bank statements/ His Company Documents and other documents. I felt one bank statement would do since i'm on scholarship.)

I have reapplied again and booked for another Interview in a week time.

Kindly advice. On what to do on my next interview.

Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (229)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.