Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,263 members, 7,815,433 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:22 PM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (819184 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by JADESOLA15: 4:09pm On Jun 10, 2015
Hello VO. Quick one, as at the time of submitting my application, due to one problem on the system, I couldnt print the application. Now i cant seems to remember the correct date(Possible date for the trip) i indicated on the application for my trip and my interview is schedule for July 2015 in Lagos. I actually didnt put so much emphasis on possible dates of arrival in the US etc. What can I do now, I dont want to be mentioning dates that does not correlate with what I have in my application.

Pls any help here?

Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by DebsMed: 4:29pm On Jun 10, 2015
Hello VO @AbujaNIV
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Riz2015: 8:49pm On Jun 10, 2015
Dear Visa Officer,
i was wondering if you can help me, i am british citizen travelled to us twice.Last time I've travelled with my wife she was 4 months pregnant and hold B1/B2 vis for 5 years, we meant to stay for 3 months because on vwp i was given 3 months and she was stamped in for 6 months.We decided to have our baby in us so I've emailed CBP and explain them that my wife is pregnant so i will have to travel back to Us is it any restrictions which is preventing me to travel back to US on VWP.I was given response i can travel on my vwp as long as its less than 90 days however final decision would be an discretion of an immigration officer at port. So i have travelled back to US and i was interrogated at the airport for hours and hours and sent back to U.K.CBP officer claimed its illegal to have baby in us.I have tried to convince him that under B2 provision its legal but he was kept on saying No.I spoke to his Supervisor who said ofcourse it is legal as long as i can afford to pay.I said i have 15000 USD in my account and 4000 dollars cash.Delivery only cost 5500 USD.I was honest with them and i was treated really badly at us airport for been honest with them, when I've shown him email response he laughed at my face and said it does not mean anything, he wouldn't even let me speak to his supervisor, i went an approach supervisor myself he was kept on interrupting while i was talking to his supervisor, he wrote on my passport 212 A I i can no longer use vwp and i have to get visa overtime i travel to US from now on.My wife didnt want have baby without me so she returned.I was wondering what can i do now.I was trying to do everything by the book.Can you kindly help.
Many thanks
Riz
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Riz2015: 9:12am On Jun 11, 2015
Many thanks
Riz
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by MarieEyre: 3:15pm On Jun 11, 2015
okay
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by sammynwaGod(m): 6:10pm On Jun 12, 2015
good day vo. Please i am applying for an f1 visa , i have book a date for my interview but i got the same date of that of my resumption as my interview date , please what can i do to get a closer date .
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by DebsMed: 7:45pm On Jun 12, 2015
abujaniv:
Thank you all for your questions. Please remember that we do not respond to specific case questions or offer advice, but are happy to answer your general questions on non-immigrant visas to the United States.

Have a great day.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team

Hello VO @Abuja NIV....
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by DebsMed: 9:46am On Jun 13, 2015
Hello VO @Abuja NIV....
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Spidyy: 9:40pm On Jun 13, 2015
Hello VO,

I applied for a B1/B2 visa in Nov 2012 for a conference in Jan 18 2013 after undergoing admin processing for 2 months I was called the visa was issued however , I was on a n assignment and I couldn't send in my passport for the visa to be stamped. I submitted my passport after the conference date which on Feb 14 2013 but it was refused.

Then in June I applied for a visit visa I was also denied.

Now , I am going for a masters degree program in a University in CT , I would like to know what my chances are really. I am married no kids. I am sponsoring myself.

Oh and the I-20 from the school just arrived.

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by ezychris(m): 1:56pm On Jun 14, 2015
Hello VO, please I plan to study two years in the US for my degree certificate using my Diploma certificate. Please I'll like to know what kind of visa I should apply for and if a student gets a work permit

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Bimbolamelo: 4:07am On Jun 15, 2015
Hello house.......I am a Nigerian currently studying in India and I would like to visit my uncle in America.can I apply for the visa here in india?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by derolism: 5:33pm On Jun 15, 2015
Dear VO,

Please am to attend a Commonwealth Conference this weekend at Nassau, Bahamas and I just got to know that I will definitely need a transit visa to pass through United State to US.
My participation is sponsored by Commonwealth while ticket is paid for by my State government.
Please I want to ask if I can still make the processing before Friday at the Abuja Embassy, if I start tomorrow (Tuesday). I wanted to make the payment for the visa fee today but the GTB network was down.
Please I need your advice. I read on the website that the appointment waiting time is a day and processing time is two days. Please can I still be hopeful within this schedule and what documents do I need to submit.

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by nigeriainfo: 9:46am On Jun 16, 2015
dear V.O, how can i check the available dates for interview for visiting visas?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Deftones: 2:15pm On Jun 16, 2015
Good day VO'
I applied for a B2 medical/tourist visa with my wife and our interview date was 2nd of June.The visa was approved. My wife's visa was returned 2days after but mine still showing ready on the CEAC portal. Sent a mail to Lagos Niv and their response was visa still under processing. Does this also mean Administrative processing? I also filled my old passport number expiring in in my application and submitted it together with my new passport. All three passports I have ever used where submitted with valid visas in them. What is the average processing time I should be looking at.
Case number is:AA004ZUCNC
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by justwise(m): 2:23pm On Jun 16, 2015
@whitemylight

Sorry i have to remove your post, if you have problem with the way American embassy handle visa issues please write to the embassy and make your complain.

This is the wrong place to do that.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:04pm On Jun 17, 2015
Bimbolamelo:
Hello house.......I am a Nigerian currently studying in India and I would like to visit my uncle in America.can I apply for the visa here in india?

Hello Bimbolamelo,

You are allowed to apply for visas outside of your consular district.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:13pm On Jun 17, 2015
Dear Applicants,

As you may have heard, we are experiencing delays in the processing of all visa applications at the moment. To read a statement on the issue, please visit the following link: http://travel.state.gov/content/travel/english/news/technological-systems-issue.html

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:28pm On Jun 17, 2015
nigeriainfo:
dear V.O, how can i check the available dates for interview for visiting visas?

Dear nigeriainfo,

You can look at interview dates by visiting: http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by segunadewale(f): 6:29pm On Jun 17, 2015
Greetings, I was denied a F-1 visa December 2013 and also a B-1/B-2 after been invited by a childhood friend who is an American citizen for his graduation. I work with a bank and scheduled my annual leave for this visit...all is a past tense. I realized the rejection is due to not having any travel experience (I.e.visa) on my passport. Can this be true? Will I have to travel to some countries before I could be believed to get a visa to US? I wish to see my friend again, I really miss him.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by omoondo: 6:03pm On Jun 18, 2015
Hello VO,
I traveled to UK in the year 2004 but my year of birth was wrong on my previous passport as a result of using a sworn declaration of age with mistake on it..It stated 1979 instead of 1978.now I have had a new passport for about 3yrs with the mistake rectified.Can I still go ahead to present the one with the mistake in addition to the new one just to prove travel history when applying to the US embassy for a visit visa?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by OmoBendel24: 6:45pm On Jun 18, 2015
Dear Visa Officer, a very gud evening 2 u ma & thanks 4 the great job u'r doing here 4 us.
Pls ma my cousin in Carlifornia is sponsoring his friend 2 com & visit him. His interview will com up soon & he's preparing 4 it. 4 the documents, is I-134 necessary 2 bring 2 the embassy, will they even luk at it or respect it? U do well ma 4 considering this issue
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by duntano: 9:02pm On Jun 18, 2015
Hello
Please I would like to know what " passport been delivered to post means" this has been the status of my passport since monday. (When I tried tracking it onlin) its a dropbox renewal
Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by julius99(m): 6:42pm On Jun 22, 2015
Hi,

Please is it possible that after been issued a 2years tourist visa someone can cancel or deactivate the visa to make it invalid?

Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by DebsMed: 12:26pm On Jun 23, 2015
Good afternoon VO@AbujaNIV,

I
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by BABSFREY: 6:13pm On Jun 23, 2015
Dear VO,

I have a B1/B2 visa and my wife has a B1/B2 visa as well. The visas were issued prior to our marriage and are still valid. We had mentioned during our visa applications that we were going on vacation. We had used the visas for our vacation last year. However, we are currently expecting a baby, and would want to birth our baby in the US. Do we need to apply for new visas or we can go ahead to use our existing visas?

We have adequate funding and can easily show proof of funding to the POE, but I understand that consular at the POE do ask if the VO was informed of intentions during visa applications. I do not want to fall foul of this, because if I were asked similar question, it would be incorrect to say yes. Vacation and Birthing are not the same!

Please help clarify.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by adesojiaderemi(m): 10:01am On Jun 24, 2015
Hi everyone,please what category of visa does one relative need for just visiting? I sent somebody to GTB to pay for Tourist and Visit visa the cashier said that there is nothing like that, and that there is only tourist and Business B1/B2.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by funkydocveritas(m): 1:16pm On Jun 24, 2015
Hi visa officer. My wife went for a b1/b2 visa today and was just asked 3 questions and the interview office told her "soorry u did not qualify for the visa" She works with diamond bank and on leave. We got married december. And am a medical doctor. Went to the US december 2013 with 2 years visa. Her questions went thus; (1) what are you going to do in the US? She replied for vacation and also to visit her elder brother who is a legal resident in the US (2) where do you work? She replied she works with diamond bank as a teller (3) what does your husband do? She replied he is a medical doctor department of radiology. The officer went ahead to deny her visa. Note that she didnt have any opportunity to present her supporting document. What do you think went wrong sir?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:33pm On Jun 24, 2015
omoondo:
Hello VO,
I traveled to UK in the year 2004 but my year of birth was wrong on my previous passport as a result of using a sworn declaration of age with mistake on it..It stated 1979 instead of 1978.now I have had a new passport for about 3yrs with the mistake rectified.Can I still go ahead to present the one with the mistake in addition to the new one just to prove travel history when applying to the US embassy for a visit visa?

Hello omoondo,

We recommend bringing all evidence of your previous international travel. Thank you!

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (229)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Travelling To Canada Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.