Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,740 members, 7,827,726 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (71) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (821306 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by sansamsan: 6:25pm On Dec 18, 2015
Hi OFFICER, Is it possible that we can check our B1 visa is cancelled or not?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by BAKAREAAT(m): 10:32am On Dec 19, 2015
Just got visa appointment us please adviceI have not travel before
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by BAKAREAAT(m): 10:49am On Dec 19, 2015
Pl also advice a consultant NGO volunteers work in canada request to submit my passport for Canada visa and request I can apply to withdraw my passport within 5 working days since I have US booking appointment early next year and theprocessing is for 12 weeks Pl advice me accordingly .should I release my passport to him and collect back in January 2016 for Us visa appointment Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by zollar4life: 2:56pm On Dec 19, 2015
Hello VO,
Thanks for your response only that it sounds somehow since that is my first time of hearing that after visa has been approved.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by oradew: 2:20pm On Dec 20, 2015
Hello VO,

Two years back Myself & My Wife have been granted Multiple B2 Visa with 5 Year validity , we had been to US, she had Baby Birth in US. I visited the consulate after a while in order to get some documents ready for my Baby in order to get the US Passport, when I was there, the Officer has figured out that the reason behind being in US wasn't for pleasure, and it was for my wife to give a birth in US so our baby gets US Citizenship, hence he told me that "we believe that you were not honest your intention to visit US" and your Visa will be revoked, with a red pen he has written "REVOKED" on my Visa. I have couple of questions in this regard:

1. Is it possible for me to get a Visa to US in the future for pleasure?
2. Is it possible for me to get a Visa to US in the future for Business?
3. If I have been selected in the DV Green Card Lottery, will this case effect my chance to get an immigrant visa?
4. Will my wife's Visa be revoked as well?
5. What will be the situation if my Wife travel again to US for another Childbirth?

Appreciate your response

Regards,
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by anizi(f): 8:40pm On Dec 20, 2015
Good evening,
Please i would like to make an enquiry, my daughter is a Us citizen and my husband and i would like her to school in the United States, starting from elementry school.
Please is there a class of visa i can apply for to enable me go and stay with her in the Us while she schools, because i do not want to leave my 5 year old child in care of someone else.
Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by osewanu(m): 12:40am On Dec 21, 2015
Hello niv,
My course is starting on the 18th of January and I was only able to get an appointment for the 13th of January. If I am given the visa, how quickly will I get it before this resumption date? Can the issuance be expedited in any way?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by danowena: 3:56am On Dec 21, 2015
Dear VO,

Please, a friend of mine (who is a full time Pastor) got a 2yrs B1/B2 visa that was issued to him so he can attend a Christian conference in the US. However, with the new exchange rates, he is thinking of not travelling as the cost of travel has tremendously increased due to the high exchange rate. So my question is that if he doesn't go for this conference, how does it affect his visa and future entry into the US? Will he be able to enter the US for normal vacation and will he be able to renew by drop box in future if not used at all?

Thanks for your highly anticipated prompt response.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:47pm On Dec 21, 2015
sansamsan:
Hi OFFICER, Is it possible that we can check our B1 visa is cancelled or not?

Hello sansamsan,

You could reach out to the Embassy directly: consularabuja@state.gov

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:48pm On Dec 21, 2015
BAKAREAAT:
Just got visa appointment us please adviceI have not travel before

Hello BAKAREAAT,

Be honest. Be forthcoming with information. Tell the truth.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:51pm On Dec 21, 2015
BAKAREAAT:
Pl also advice a consultant NGO volunteers work in canada request to submit my passport for Canada visa and request I can apply to withdraw my passport within 5 working days since I have US booking appointment early next year and theprocessing is for 12 weeks Pl advice me accordingly .should I release my passport to him and collect back in January 2016 for Us visa appointment Thanks

Hello BAKAREAAT,

I honestly cannot understand what you are saying. You will need your passport for your US visa appointment. If your visa is approved, but you need it for immediate travel/other visa applications, we can put your case on hold and issue when you drop off the passport. If you will not have your passport available at your interview date, then I suggest you reschedule as soon as possible to a later date.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:54pm On Dec 21, 2015
oradew:
Hello VO,

Two years back Myself & My Wife have been granted Multiple B2 Visa with 5 Year validity , we had been to US, she had Baby Birth in US. I visited the consulate after a while in order to get some documents ready for my Baby in order to get the US Passport, when I was there, the Officer has figured out that the reason behind being in US wasn't for pleasure, and it was for my wife to give a birth in US so our baby gets US Citizenship, hence he told me that "we believe that you were not honest your intention to visit US" and your Visa will be revoked, with a red pen he has written "REVOKED" on my Visa. I have couple of questions in this regard:

1. Is it possible for me to get a Visa to US in the future for pleasure?
2. Is it possible for me to get a Visa to US in the future for Business?
3. If I have been selected in the DV Green Card Lottery, will this case effect my chance to get an immigrant visa?
4. Will my wife's Visa be revoked as well?
5. What will be the situation if my Wife travel again to US for another Childbirth?

Appreciate your response

Regards,

Hello oradew,

Sounds like you were dishonest and that negatively affected your ability to travel to the United States. Unless you were told otherwise, you can reapply. However, you have permanently damaged your credibility with our government.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team

8 Likes

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:57pm On Dec 21, 2015
anizi:
Good evening,
Please i would like to make an enquiry, my daughter is a Us citizen and my husband and i would like her to school in the United States, starting from elementry school.
Please is there a class of visa i can apply for to enable me go and stay with her in the Us while she schools, because i do not want to leave my 5 year old child in care of someone else.
Thank you.

Hello anizi,

Your American citizen daughter is allowed to enter the United States freely and attend school. There are no visa classes for you and/or your spouse to accompany her. If you are given a tourist visa and subsequently use it to, in effect, live in the United States, you run the chance of being barred from entering the United States in the future. You have no rights to residency as the mother/father of an American citizen.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team

4 Likes

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:58pm On Dec 21, 2015
osewanu:
Hello niv,
My course is starting on the 18th of January and I was only able to get an appointment for the 13th of January. If I am given the visa, how quickly will I get it before this resumption date? Can the issuance be expedited in any way?

Hello osewanu,

It generally takes 2-3 days for printing.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:16pm On Dec 21, 2015
danowena:
Dear VO,

Please, a friend of mine (who is a full time Pastor) got a 2yrs B1/B2 visa that was issued to him so he can attend a Christian conference in the US. However, with the new exchange rates, he is thinking of not travelling as the cost of travel has tremendously increased due to the high exchange rate. So my question is that if he doesn't go for this conference, how does it affect his visa and future entry into the US? Will he be able to enter the US for normal vacation and will he be able to renew by drop box in future if not used at all?

Thanks for your highly anticipated prompt response.

Hello danowena,

We can't speak for Customs and Border Protection but by being honest about the nature of the situation, it should reduce some misunderstanding.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by danowena: 1:35pm On Dec 21, 2015
abujaniv:

Hello danowena,

We can't speak for Customs and Border Protection but by being honest about the nature of the situation, it should reduce some misunderstanding.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Thank you so much.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:40pm On Dec 21, 2015
Please take note: effective 4 January 2016, no electronics will be allowed to be taken to your visa appointment in Abuja. You will not be allowed to store your electronics before the interview. Violators will be sent to the end of the queue. Leave your cell phones, cameras, laptops, tablets, and mp3 players at home.

Spread the word! Thank you.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by kenny2face: 4:10pm On Dec 21, 2015
abujaniv:

Hello Kikiyeun,

Sounds like you were dishonest and you are reaping their rewards of having permanently damaged your credibility with our government. As your interview has already happened, there is not much direction to give you. You lied, and you will have to deal with the consequences of that for the indefinite future. I hope the rest of Nairaland sees this as an example of why honesty is always the best policy.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team

What if, in a bid to be credible and transparent, i volunteer information of past misdeeds committed at another embassy (though not purposefully) to the US embassy. Will my credibility still be damaged, considering that i volunteered this information without being asked?
Forgive us our trespasses. They were mostly committed out of fears of refusal/ desperations/ gross ignorance.
Kudos ma for the good job you are doing here.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:48am On Dec 22, 2015
kenny2face:

What if, in a bid to be credible and transparent, i volunteer information of past misdeeds committed at another embassy (though not purposefully) to the US embassy. Will my credibility still be damaged, considering that i volunteered this information without being asked?
Forgive us our trespasses. They were mostly committed out of fears of refusal/ desperations/ gross ignorance.
Kudos ma for the good job you are doing here.

I'm giving you a very skeptical look, kenny2face. How precisely does one accidentally lie or commit misdeeds? You are certainly encouraged to tell the truth about your past in order to regain some credibility. But - lies, once told, cannot be erased. The damage to your integrity cannot be undone. The window for you to prove your honesty has passed. You have one chance to establish your sincerity as an individual. It is now gone.

Think about this, and remember this when you have friends or family applying for a visas who are asking for advice.

We take fraud and misrepresentation very seriously.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team

10 Likes

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by zoomzu(f): 11:06am On Dec 22, 2015
Dear AbujaNIV,

Very well done for the wonderful education you giving to people here. Here goes my question. I intend traveling to U.S in September 2016 for just 2 weeks during my leave. I had opportunity of traveling to U.K twice this 2015. Is is possible for me to apply between January and February while I intend to travel in September or October 2016.

Thank you and God bless.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 4:08pm On Dec 22, 2015
zoomzu:
Dear AbujaNIV,

Very well done for the wonderful education you giving to people here. Here goes my question. I intend traveling to U.S in September 2016 for just 2 weeks during my leave. I had opportunity of traveling to U.K twice this 2015. Is is possible for me to apply between January and February while I intend to travel in September or October 2016.

Thank you and God bless.

Hello zoomzu,

Applying sooner rather than later is advised.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by HardyR: 10:54pm On Dec 22, 2015
Hello, I'm currently studying for a PhD in the US and I want my wife to come pay me a visit for awhile. I want her to apply for F-2 visa category. My program is being sponsored by my school and my family is able to cover for whatever shortage her coming may bring me which is not going to be significant as I am earning some stipend every month as a Research Assistant. I have read a few stuff about F-2 and I really do want you to clarify if she would have better chance applying for this visa category as oppose to B1/B2 since I am able to take care of her while she is here? Thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 7:25am On Dec 23, 2015
HardyR:
Hello, I'm currently studying for a PhD in the US and I want my wife to come pay me a visit for awhile. I want her to apply for F-2 visa category. My program is being sponsored by my school and my family is able to cover for whatever shortage her coming may bring me which is not going to be significant as I am earning some stipend every month as a Research Assistant. I have read a few stuff about F-2 and I really do want you to clarify if she would have better chance applying for this visa category as oppose to B1/B2 since I am able to take care of her while she is here? Thank you

It's kind of a toss-up and depends on how you want to use the visa. With the F-2 she can stay with you for as long as you are in school. With the B1/B2 she would have to leave every six months. If she is only visiting you at your school, then the F-2 is fine and may even be easier. If she is planning on travelling to other places in the U.S. on vacations and whatnot, I would DEFINITELY get the B1/B2 to avoid problems at port of entry.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by HardyR: 12:18am On Dec 24, 2015
Thank you. From your explanation it seem F2 will be fine for her.

LagosNIV:

It's kind of a toss-up and depends on how you want to use the visa. With the F-2 she can stay with you for as long as you are in school. With the B1/B2 she would have to leave every six months. If she is only visiting you at your school, then the F-2 is fine and may even be easier. If she is planning on travelling to other places in the U.S. on vacations and whatnot, I would DEFINITELY get the B1/B2 to avoid problems at port of entry.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Phemmie72: 9:04pm On Dec 25, 2015
Dear Consular Officer,

Merry Christmas to you.

Please, I need your advice.

I had applied to US embassies for visiting twice but, I was denied and advised to reapply. A very close friend of mine in the US wants me to come visit his family. Though, I applied alone then but, now with my family. I am self employed with petroleum products' marketing as nature of my business.

My close friend (US Citizen) is suggesting that he should send the invitation letter to my wife this time for the entire family (5 of us) for her to use her vacation period for us to come over to the US early next year 2016. My wife has been working with Federal Government of Nigeria for over 7 years hence, we do not have any problems with all her official documentations including vacation letter. My personal company documents are also intact too to support the application.

Do you advise that we go ahead with the above plan or how best would you advise us to go about it? I have a well funded account I can present as the sponsor for the family trip, my close friend is willing to provide all the supporting documents as well.

I await your advice.

Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by JoyPaulLaw(m): 2:09pm On Dec 26, 2015
I need candid advise. My sch resumes 2nd Jan. but unfortunately I was unable to schedule an earlier date for appointment. I have been through a lot in the hands of the agents who helped me. Pls what should I do as regards the admission. Is it possible to write to school for extension? If Yes, pls how do I go about it?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Udiboy(f): 7:47pm On Dec 26, 2015
Dear Officer,

I intend to invite my 3 siblings for my daughters bday early Feb.
This is their 1st niece and all man is too excited to meet her.

They are 2 boys aged 25 and 27 and 23 year old girl.
Girl is in final year pharmacy and 2 boys are post NYSC looking for better job but currently running popsy's business!

I applied for my parents in Jan and they got 2 years visa. They came for 2 months in feb when I had a baby and left hurriedly lol. Cold was too much !

My problem now is"
1."what are the chances of them getting a visa for a visit?
2. Should I request a group interview for them or Everyman on his own?
3. I don't want dem to burn 150k applying & traveling and not getting a positive result.

Pls, advice!
Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (229)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.