Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,512 members, 7,826,937 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (74) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (821226 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 4:27pm On Jan 07, 2016
hopefulme:
hello @abujaniv,
My family applied for a medical visa (B2), and got a B1/B2 Visa. I traveled for that purpose and paid all medical bills completely. We intend to go on a family vacation soon. Do we need to notify the embassy of our intent to use same visa (valid till jan 2017) for vacation ?

Thank you.

Hello hopefulme,

Nope! Have a great trip.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 4:30pm On Jan 07, 2016
asiwaju325:
Compliment VO, I was @abuja on 23 Dec.,2015 for interview. The transcript of my interview goes thus......

VO. Greating xchanged

VO. Wher're u going

Me. Pall Sperra

VO. What's it in to

Me. Real Estate

VO. Your post

Me.Mrkting Personel

VO.addrs in u.s

Me.i told him

Vo.purpose of trip

Me.bus excutve meeting and signing of partnership deal.

VO. Why you from your company

Me.is as a result of my performance for d yia 2015,as regards sales and marketing.

VO.married,yels.

VO.trevell b4.....No.

Sorry you may appply next time.

Now, My company resumed on 5th of this month 2016. And I was summoned to executive meeting of the company to brief them what happened. Immediate after the meeting,my own company decided to contact the company in U.S and explained what happened. Now sir/ma my company has decided to reapply base on discussion with the company in U.S.A and also to include like two co-staff with me. Pls your advise is seriously needed on how to comport ourselves for interview. Should we attend the interview @a window or @ a VO @once together ?we are applying as soon as the invitation letter sent to my company.

Hello asiwaju325,

To answer your question, we only interview families together. Colleagues cannot interview together. However, if you were just refused a visa, I would strongly discourage you from applying again unless your circumstances have changed significantly. Otherwise, the outcome is likely to be the same.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by zeya: 6:41pm On Jan 07, 2016
Dear AbujaNiv,

Sorry to bother you again, I want to please understand how it's done. My friend had her interview just this Tuesday and her visa is already ready for collection whereas I had mine 31st December mine is still at the embassy. This is exactly one week I've already planned my trip for this weekend thinking it'll be ready before my travel date but the way things are i don't see it ready even tomorrow. Hence I'll have to reschedule for next week. Please I'll like to know if it's selected randomly because I have limited time left for my holiday before I resume work. Please your input will be appreciated. Do I have to visit the embassy and complain or write them an email or just keep waiting not knowing when it'll be ready?

Thanks again.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by asiwaju325: 6:47pm On Jan 07, 2016
Thanks so mush VO as am absolutely grateful. Actually my previous applied was sponsored and to sponsor by my company(My employer)***I would strongly discourage you from applying again unless your "circumstances"have changed "significantly".*** Could you pls shield light on above asterisks? Moreso sir,having U.S visa and win this business deal am talking about for my company can as well advance my job career herein "Nigeria"
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jan 07, 2016
Good evening VO,
Please I just joined NL. I AV a question on Medicaid. I got my US visa and wish to have my baby in d US. I got a hospital that suits my budget but on d contract nothing was mentioned about d baby's bill. I asked and was told that immediately d baby is born the hospital will apply for Medicaid for the baby. That all I have to do is pay my own bill and Medicaid will handle that of d baby because d baby is a US citizen.

Pls I want to know if this will not affect my visa renewal and to kno if it's ok to accept Medicaid for my baby or not.

Please if this has been discussed b4, kindly tell me d page. Thanks in advance.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Aghatise: 11:52pm On Jan 07, 2016
Good Day VO,

My wife is pregnant and applied for a B2 medical visa, she was interviewed in Abuja on 29 Dec 2015 and visa approved, was given a white paper and was asked to pick up her passport in a few days in Port Harcourt ( Premium Delivery). It is over 7 working days now and the passport status still shows that it is at the US embassy 'administrative processing' appreciate your advice on this as the visa was approved on that day and no letter showing further administrative processing was issued.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by magicminister: 1:09am On Jan 08, 2016
@abujaniv

Good day,

my girlfriend had a successful visa interview in Abuja on the 31 of December 2015.
Unfortunately, whenever i track the passport, it indicates that its still with the consulate.
i also realized a couple of people are facing same issue.
what is going on?

Kindly advise.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by brotundes: 2:41pm On Jan 08, 2016
Thanks for the great job u're doing. Pls I need your advise, I supposed to attend a conference at California last year july but I was refused at abuja then it was my company that wanted to sponsor the conference,then I didn't have travel experience but when I was refused my company sent me to attend a conference at Ghana in august but in september I was given an appointment as a supervisor for works and housing (caretaker committee) in ogun state. Now I want to take my family (me,my wife and 2childs) to US to mark our 6years wedding anniversary also to celebrates a year birthday of my 2nd child. Can I take d interview at lagos and what's our chance of approving the visa with the above information?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by elijah101(m): 7:04pm On Jan 08, 2016
I apply to study music production , though its more like a mentorship program , I got my enrollment letter ,
Obviously i can't apply for a student visa , I have a friend in the states who helped me out with this , she is more like a mother figure , and she would be financing me over there .. She is ready to stand in as my sponsor .. I would like to know if this is possible .. if its possible , i would like to know the Documents i would need to tender at the embassy
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by goldentie4real: 8:59pm On Jan 08, 2016
Hello @abujaNIV
My dad is a US citizen and he is wants me and my wife to visit him during next Easter. My question is will my livestock farming(piggery and fish farming) profession qualify me for NIV? I am almost forty years old.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by tmeeto: 11:20am On Jan 10, 2016
Dear VO,

Does the fact that you are a pending immigrant visa application have anything to do with your b1/b2 visa application? Or it is jst totally over looked.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:30am On Jan 11, 2016
tmeeto:
Dear VO,

Does the fact that you are a pending immigrant visa application have anything to do with your b1/b2 visa application? Or it is jst totally over looked.

Good morning tmeeto -

The Consular Officer will certainly notice there is a pending IV application and will ask you about it. Remember the burden is on the applicant to demonstrate to the Consular Officer that they are not an intending immigrant when they are applying for the B1/B2. Consular Officers understand there are reasons to travel before your IV can be worked through. Be detailed and concise about your plans. Be forth coming about the IV application. Doing those things will ensure you receive a fair adjudication.

Regards,

abujaNIV
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by brotundes: 4:44pm On Jan 11, 2016
Pls anybody that knows more than me, am filling my DS-160,I want to go with my wife and son and there is a portion they asked, Are there other person traveling with u? I said yes. Another question that I need ur assistance is dis, Are you traveling as part of a group or organization? Pls what should I choose?. Very urgent
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 7:09am On Jan 12, 2016
zeya:
Dear AbujaNiv,

Sorry to bother you again, I want to please understand how it's done. My friend had her interview just this Tuesday and her visa is already ready for collection whereas I had mine 31st December mine is still at the embassy. This is exactly one week I've already planned my trip for this weekend thinking it'll be ready before my travel date but the way things are i don't see it ready even tomorrow. Hence I'll have to reschedule for next week. Please I'll like to know if it's selected randomly because I have limited time left for my holiday before I resume work. Please your input will be appreciated. Do I have to visit the embassy and complain or write them an email or just keep waiting not knowing when it'll be ready?

Thanks again.

We're just not able to comment on a specific case because I don't know what is going on with your visa in particular - there are many factors. You can contact the Embassy or Consulate visa e-mail, and we strongly urge that applicants don't finalize travel plans until they have their visas in hand.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 7:12am On Jan 12, 2016
asiwaju325:
Thanks so mush VO as am absolutely grateful. Actually my previous applied was sponsored and to sponsor by my company(My employer)***I would strongly discourage you from applying again unless your "circumstances"have changed "significantly".*** Could you pls shield light on above asterisks? Moreso sir,having U.S visa and win this business deal am talking about for my company can as well advance my job career herein "Nigeria"

Employment, family situation, levels of education, travel history... all of these are circumstances which can affect your application. Continuing to apply for the same visa without any real changes in your life will usually result in more refusals.

I would also discourage trying to come in a very short timeframe and lie about changes in your circumstances as this will usually be fairly easy to detect and damages your credibility greatly.

3 Likes

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 7:15am On Jan 12, 2016
foroboh:
Good evening VO,
Please I just joined NL. I AV a question on Medicaid. I got my US visa and wish to have my baby in d US. I got a hospital that suits my budget but on d contract nothing was mentioned about d baby's bill. I asked and was told that immediately d baby is born the hospital will apply for Medicaid for the baby. That all I have to do is pay my own bill and Medicaid will handle that of d baby because d baby is a US citizen.

Pls I want to know if this will not affect my visa renewal and to kno if it's ok to accept Medicaid for my baby or not.

Please if this has been discussed b4, kindly tell me d page. Thanks in advance.

No, it's not OK for you to accept Medicaid. You are travelling across an international border to give birth, incurring a medical expense, and then forcing American taxpayers to pay the bill. This is exactly why the visa officers will ensure that you have adequate funds to pay for your procedure prior to travel.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 7:24am On Jan 12, 2016
Aghatise:
Good Day VO,

My wife is pregnant and applied for a B2 medical visa, she was interviewed in Abuja on 29 Dec 2015 and visa approved, was given a white paper and was asked to pick up her passport in a few days in Port Harcourt ( Premium Delivery). It is over 7 working days now and the passport status still shows that it is at the US embassy 'administrative processing' appreciate your advice on this as the visa was approved on that day and no letter showing further administrative processing was issued.

This means that information regarding her file came up, and now the case is in administrative processing. Administrative processing can begin at any point in the process. You can contact the Embassy or Consulate directly via e-mail for more information on your specific case as there is no specific timeline on how long administrative processing can take.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 7:27am On Jan 12, 2016
brotundes:
Thanks for the great job u're doing. Pls I need your advise, I supposed to attend a conference at California last year july but I was refused at abuja then it was my company that wanted to sponsor the conference,then I didn't have travel experience but when I was refused my company sent me to attend a conference at Ghana in august but in september I was given an appointment as a supervisor for works and housing (caretaker committee) in ogun state. Now I want to take my family (me,my wife and 2childs) to US to mark our 6years wedding anniversary also to celebrates a year birthday of my 2nd child. Can I take d interview at lagos and what's our chance of approving the visa with the above information?

Unless you were told that you were ineligible - for a very specific reason - then you are free to apply for the visa. You can also choose to interview in either Lagos or Abuja, but all visa officers are trained to the same standard at the same school, so it will be your circumstances and not the location of the interview which affects the outcome.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 7:27am On Jan 12, 2016
elijah101:
I apply to study music production , though its more like a mentorship program , I got my enrollment letter ,
Obviously i can't apply for a student visa , I have a friend in the states who helped me out with this , she is more like a mother figure , and she would be financing me over there .. She is ready to stand in as my sponsor .. I would like to know if this is possible .. if its possible , i would like to know the Documents i would need to tender at the embassy

It sounds like you would be applying for a B1/B2 tourist visa. The requirements have been addressed thoroughly on the US Embassy website and earlier in this thread.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 7:32am On Jan 12, 2016
goldentie4real:
Hello @abujaNIV
My dad is a US citizen and he is wants me and my wife to visit him during next Easter. My question is will my livestock farming(piggery and fish farming) profession qualify me for NIV? I am almost forty years old.

It depends. A lot of information goes into your visa application and interview, and the livestock farming alone cannot determine the answer. If you believe you are qualified, then the only way to truly know if you qualify is to attend an interview.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 7:33am On Jan 12, 2016
tmeeto:
Dear VO,

Like most things in your visa application, it depends. I recommend that you be honest about this during your interview because: A) we'll know, and B) trying to conceal this information could be damaging to your credibility.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 7:34am On Jan 12, 2016
brotundes:
Pls anybody that knows more than me, am filling my DS-160,I want to go with my wife and son and there is a portion they asked, Are there other person traveling with u? I said yes. Another question that I need ur assistance is dis, Are you traveling as part of a group or organization? Pls what should I choose?. Very urgent

Your family does not constitute a group or organization. Try not to overthink the questions, they are fairly straightforward. Fill it out to the best of your ability and all of the information can be discussed at your interview if necessary.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by tobidancer: 8:47am On Jan 12, 2016
Good morning our VO, and happy new year to you. I have some questions...
Firstly, myself and my kids were granted a B1B2 visa and we have visited the US on couple of times and we never overstayed. Now, if we intend to spend like 4 months in the US on visit, and we want to avoid staying that long with a family friend, or paying for a hotel.
Is it legal for us to rent a house/apartment for the period of the 4 months, and also can my kids attend public school legally for the 4 months period.
Actually, the truth is that I planned to use the 4 months period to take a complete rest from all my activities and I can only do that away from home.
However, I have enough funds to cover all my expenses for the period, and ii will never ever overstay.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 10:52am On Jan 12, 2016
Pls with al due respect, can I kno why my post was hidden or deleted?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by justwise(m): 11:01am On Jan 12, 2016
foroboh:
Pls with al due respect, can I kno why my post was hidden or deleted?

I removed your post because I don't want you to continue using this thread to debate whether to abuse American Heath system or not.

You have asked your question and got an answer and you have also read a respond from the previous VO so that is enough.

The choice is yours.

4 Likes

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 11:12am On Jan 12, 2016
So it is now wrong to ask for further clarification? I asked a question, d VO replied and said something different from what another VO previously stated. Is it wrong to now seek further clarification?

justwise:

I removed your post because I don't want you to continue using this thread to debate whether to abuse American Heath system or not.

You have asked your question and got an answer and you have also read a respond from the previous VO so that is enough.

The choice is yours.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by justwise(m): 11:31am On Jan 12, 2016
foroboh:
So it is now wrong to ask for further clarification? I asked a question, d VO replied and said something different from what another VO previously stated. Is it wrong to now seek further clarification?

This VO and the previous one stated clearly and I quote: any opinions expressed are the personal views of the writer and do not necessarily reflect the views of the United States Government., like I said before you have read from both of them and it's now your decision to either pay for your child delivery or leave it for American tax payers to do that for you. Many Nigerian women gave birth in America and pay for all the costs involved so you should be thinking along that line.

Please let's not derail this thread with this issue any longer.

Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (229)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.