Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,321 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:15 AM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (68) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (820176 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by susanharris11: 11:25am On Dec 03, 2015
Dear NIV team,

I am currently on J1 trainee visa in hospitality. My visa validates for 1 year only. My husband applied a month ago, and was denied under section 214b for j2 visa. We already have one daughter, but at that time, we decided that she was too young to take her with us. However, I do realize I miss my daughter a lot, and when my husband reapply in 3 months, we will add her application together with my husband's application so that we may have a chance to reunite. We do not have any immigration intention to the U.S as we do not have any relatives/immediate family in the U.S, and we need to to come back for my parents, and my parents-in law to take care of them. My question is: If my husband apply together with my daughter, should that be considered a change of circumstance? We do possess lands, but the VO didnt take a look at this when my husband first applied. I have drafted a letter re-applying after initial refusal which outlines reasons for us to tie to our country, should I send it to my husband to take it with him next time to the embassy? Or should I send this letter via email regarding my case to the embassy mailbox,concerning the VO may not take a look at it the second time. As much as I want my baby daughter going J2 visa, we realize she can apply for b1/b2 visa if we do not have her staying more than 6 months. I have already asked for my sponsor organization for permission to end the program early before my J1 visa expires in case my daughter can join with me later on. I need your advice on whether should my husband apply for his j2 and my baby daughter on b1/b2 cause procedure for J-2 visa is much more complicated, and also much more expensive as compared to a B1 visa or is it better to go the both on j2? Do we cause any doubt to the VO if applying two different visa category at the same time?

Thank you so much NIV team!
Susan
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by tolam08(m): 12:17pm On Dec 03, 2015
abujaniv:

Hello tolam08,

Sounds like you want a B1/B2 Buiness/Tourism visa. However, these are NOT two-year visas. These are valid for two years, but your time in the US cannot exceed six months (or less if not granted six months at the port of entry). Regardless of whether or not someone has invited you to the US, you must qualify independently for a visa. You need a passport and confirmation page for the interview.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Thanks for the explanation.
Please what type of non-immigrant visa can I apply for that can allow me to stay in US for two years?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:59pm On Dec 03, 2015
Sushiovabullies:
Hello VO/CO,

Happy thanksgiving in arrears!

I am writing this on behalf of a friend who isn't on naira land, but is seriously worried sick and looking for a solution to her challenge (a technical one) in setting an appointment date via the website. Preemptively, I know that there is the unit in charge of this and we should probably escalate this to them but we have done so over and over and over and over again and it's becoming a slog quite frankly. I will just go ahead and paste a slightly edited (for privacy) email that she has sent repeatedly and even tried to ring the office with the phone lines as shown on the website, to no avail, so you could best understand the situation.

Good Morning, 

I am having issues scheduling my interview online.

I visited this link https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/ to schedule an appointment. In other to do that, i created a profile with my email address (xyz@gmail.com) and selected a password. I currently cant recall the password so i clicked on the 'forgot password' link but i do not receive an email. 

I decided to create a new profile but after inputting necessary details, i'm informed that the information provided is tied to another profile "xyz@gmail.com "

Then i i noticed the space "xyz@gmail.com " instead of "xyz@gmail.com"

The summary is i would like to schedule an interview for January next year and would like to be informed on other alternatives to scheduling an interview.

Would appreciate a swift response to my complaint.

She intends to plan her trip against February-March, next year and has paid the non-refundable fees and its her first time going through this process (first application). Honestly, I am suprised that such little errors as negligent as a space at the end of an email address when filling out the registration forms on the site can be this intractable. undecided Is there something that can be done, please? cry

Maybe the technical guys could also find a way around this, especially if it is not originally intended to do this, so it doesn't give others a headache not especially, I imagine, having to deal with prevailing anxiety in anticipation of the interview. smiley Help, please.

Thanks.

Hello Sushiovabullies,

You should contact the call center with technical questions.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by MPVGoddess: 1:10pm On Dec 03, 2015
abujaniv:

Hello MPVGoddess,

Put your best foot forward. There are no official guidelines. The content of your interview is more important than your attire.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team

Thanks a million. I got the visa!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:15pm On Dec 03, 2015
susanharris11:
Dear NIV team,

I am currently on J1 trainee visa in hospitality. My visa validates for 1 year only. My husband applied a month ago, and was denied under section 214b for j2 visa. We already have one daughter, but at that time, we decided that she was too young to take her with us. However, I do realize I miss my daughter a lot, and when my husband reapply in 3 months, we will add her application together with my husband's application so that we may have a chance to reunite. We do not have any immigration intention to the U.S as we do not have any relatives/immediate family in the U.S, and we need to to come back for my parents, and my parents-in law to take care of them. My question is: If my husband apply together with my daughter, should that be considered a change of circumstance? We do possess lands, but the VO didnt take a look at this when my husband first applied. I have drafted a letter re-applying after initial refusal which outlines reasons for us to tie to our country, should I send it to my husband to take it with him next time to the embassy? Or should I send this letter via email regarding my case to the embassy mailbox,concerning the VO may not take a look at it the second time. As much as I want my baby daughter going J2 visa, we realize she can apply for b1/b2 visa if we do not have her staying more than 6 months. I have already asked for my sponsor organization for permission to end the program early before my J1 visa expires in case my daughter can join with me later on. I need your advice on whether should my husband apply for his j2 and my baby daughter on b1/b2 cause procedure for J-2 visa is much more complicated, and also much more expensive as compared to a B1 visa or is it better to go the both on j2? Do we cause any doubt to the VO if applying two different visa category at the same time?

Thank you so much NIV team!
Susan

Hello susanharris11,

If your husband and child are just going to visit you for a few weeks, a B1/B2 should be sufficient for both. They still need to qualify for the visa.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by orimahspence: 11:23pm On Dec 03, 2015
Good evening VO

On the website, nigerian.usembassy.gov it was written that non immigrant visa appointments are available in lagos and Abuja in December 12 2015, however the information is not click-able and the date is not available on the appointment portal ,the available date start from January 11, what can my friend do to be able to attend interview on the mentioned date.

Thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by orimahspence: 11:24pm On Dec 03, 2015
Good eveni VO

On the website, nigerian.usembassy.gov it was written that non immigrant visa appointments are available in lagos and Abuja on Saturday, December 12 2015, however the information is not click-able and the date is not available on the appointment portal ,the available date start from January 11, what can my friend do to be able to attend interview on that Dec 12 . 2015.

Thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:50am On Dec 04, 2015
orimahspence:
Good eveni VO

On the website, nigerian.usembassy.gov it was written that non immigrant visa appointments are available in lagos and Abuja on Saturday, December 12 2015, however the information is not click-able and the date is not available on the appointment portal ,the available date start from January 11, what can my friend do to be able to attend interview on that Dec 12 . 2015.

Thank you

Hello orimahspence,

Once more, if you are having technical issues with the website, you should reach out to the help desk. This is true for all website issues as this is done by a third-party contractor. Please only post questions here about the visa process.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by april2015: 6:27pm On Dec 04, 2015
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by zeya: 12:08pm On Dec 07, 2015
Dear Abuja NIV,

Please how many times can one cancel and reschedule visa appointment.

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:23pm On Dec 07, 2015
zeya:
Dear Abuja NIV,

Please how many times can one cancel and reschedule visa appointment.

Thank you.

Hello zeya,

You can only cancel and reschedule once. After that, you will have to pay for a new appointment.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by tom225: 7:02pm On Dec 07, 2015
Dear VO,

my question are how many times can someone apply. and how can someone know the reason why he was denial?

abujaniv:

Hello mubarakopeyemi,

You have to be in the United States on or before the start date listed for your program. You cannot arrive more than 30 days before the start of your program. If you are going to be late, you must have an official letter from your school accepting/explaining your delay. If this is proven to be fraudulent at the border, you will be sent back to Nigeria on the next departing flight.

worry359, we can handle the questions from here. Thank you.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by TheCongo2: 7:05pm On Dec 07, 2015
Hello Officer,

How can someone who has no bank account shows proof of funds? Some people keep money in their home and not at the bank.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by cantona2015: 11:27am On Dec 08, 2015
Thanks for the good job you are doing here, is it necessary for an I visa applicant to come with personal account statement and proof of publications ?

Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:05pm On Dec 08, 2015
tom225:
Dear VO,

my question are how many times can someone apply. and how can someone know the reason why he was denial?

Hello tom225,

Unless you've been informed of a permanent ineligibility, you can apply as many times as you desire. When you are refused, you are given a slip of paper explaining the reason for the denial. What you have to ask is, do I honestly think my circumstances have changed enough for a different outcome? If not, why spend the money on another interview?

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:05pm On Dec 08, 2015
TheCongo2:
Hello Officer,

How can someone who has no bank account shows proof of funds? Some people keep money in their home and not at the bank.

Hello TheCongo2 and cantona2015,

Bank statements are not required at interviews.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Dotmax53: 1:43pm On Dec 08, 2015
Dear Vo
In some cases we learnt,some visa officers usually request for bank statement for proves.......My Question is '' I will be having my interview by early jan * If such circumstances arise wherby the Vo request for my statement for instance....What should i do or tell the Vo?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by mubarakopeyemi(m): 1:46pm On Dec 08, 2015
Hi Abujaniv

I have an issue.
My F1 Visa was approved last week and my program is to last for 5 years. but when I got my passport back and looked at the visa stamp the expiry date written on it is Dec 2017 which means I was only given 2 years Visa. Pls why is it that way? Because I think it should have been 5 years which is the number of years the program will last.
Note: The program duration on my I20 is also 60 months (5 years)
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:10pm On Dec 08, 2015
Dotmax53:
Dear Vo
In some cases we learnt,some visa officers usually request for bank statement for proves.......My Question is '' I will be having my interview by early jan * If such circumstances arise wherby the Vo request for my statement for instance....What should i do or tell the Vo?

Hello Dotmax53,

If you don't have your bank statement, say you don't have your bank statement.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:13pm On Dec 08, 2015
mubarakopeyemi:
Hi Abujaniv

I have an issue.
My F1 Visa was approved last week and my program is to last for 5 years. but when I got my passport back and looked at the visa stamp the expiry date written on it is Dec 2017 which means I was only given 2 years Visa. Pls why is it that way? Because I think it should have been 5 years which is the number of years the program will last.
Note: The program duration on my I20 is also 60 months (5 years)

Hello mubarakopeyemi,

We only issue visas up to two years to Nigerian passport holders. You will need to renew your visas regularly. Fortunately, you can do it via dropbox.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by cantona2015: 5:50pm On Dec 08, 2015
Thanks for the response Sir/Ma, is an I visa applicant required to bring proof of publication as a Reporter ?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:28am On Dec 09, 2015
cantona2015:
Thanks for the response Sir/Ma, is an I visa applicant required to bring proof of publication as a Reporter ?

They are not required but that doesn't sound like a bad idea.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Dotmax53: 7:37am On Dec 09, 2015
Hello officer
What are the documents needed to be taken along for a B1 B2 visa
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by onyiijb(f): 12:45pm On Dec 09, 2015
Hi, pls my husband has a record label, they got an invitation letter for a music concert conference by an american born artist/producer on January 10th. he plan on travelling with his manager and his artist on b1/b2 visa and they have one appointment on the 12th. pls what are the supporting documents needed and is there any other information they'll need
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:56pm On Dec 09, 2015
onyiijb:
Hi, pls my husband has a record label, they got an invitation letter for a music concert conference by an american born artist/producer on January 10th. he plan on travelling with his manager and his artist on b1/b2 visa and they have one appointment on the 12th. pls what are the supporting documents needed and is there any other information they'll need

Hello onyiijb and DotMax53,

The only documents required for a B1/B2 visa interview are your passport, confirmation page, and new passport photo.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by kaykad: 1:50pm On Dec 09, 2015
loss my passport with a valid american visa till 2017 at gun point, please what can i do. am so confused right now.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:47pm On Dec 09, 2015
kaykad:
loss my passport with a valid american visa till 2017 at gun point, please what can i do. am so confused right now.

Hello kaykad,

Sorry to hear that. Contact the Embassy directly with your information so we can report it stolen and put a lookout for anyone traveling on it. We can discuss your options then.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by KnowledgeIsPawa: 6:04pm On Dec 09, 2015
Hello abujaniv

If a journalist has a valid B1/B2 visa and needs an I Visa to be able cover and report an event in the States, does the B1/B2 visa need to be cancelled or can a passport hold both valid categories at the same time ? Of course an I visa is necessary since INA does not allow a holder of B1/B2 visa to report an event in that happened in the States, even when they have returned. Generally, can a passport hold more than one valid category of visa at the same time?
Thanks

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 6:13am On Dec 10, 2015
Hi Abuja NIV,
I got admission to study MSC in US. I've been issued an I-20 and my spouse(dependent) was issued same. Pls how do I go about applying for both visas. Note that I'm actually been sponsored(Complete sponsorship for both) by Nigerian Government. Need tips especially as regards my dependent spouse whom I intend travelling with.
Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:40am On Dec 10, 2015
KnowledgeIsPawa:
Hello abujaniv

If a journalist has a valid B1/B2 visa and needs an I Visa to be able cover and report an event in the States, does the B1/B2 visa need to be cancelled or can a passport hold both valid categories at the same time ? Of course an I visa is necessary since INA does not allow a holder of B1/B2 visa to report an event in that happened in the States, even when they have returned. Generally, can a passport hold more than one valid category of visa at the same time?
Thanks

Hello KnowledgeIsPawa,

You can have more than one valid visa at the same time.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (229)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Travelling To Canada Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.