Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (76) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (820478 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 8:03am On Jan 15, 2016
nupital:
Dear Visa Officer,

Thank you for this opportunity.

I would like to apply for a B1/B2 visa for child birth. Please how many months bank statement does the embassy accept? 3 months or 6 months?

Regards,

Nupital

We don't require bank statements, per se. We do need you to prove that you have sufficient income. How you interpret that information is up to you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 8:03am On Jan 15, 2016
koczee:
Dear VO,
Please is there available appointment date for second week of February?

You should check on the site that show you all available appointment dates for the most current information.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by profkehinde: 8:17am On Jan 15, 2016
LagosNIV:

If your wife and child stayed much longer than anticipated and failed to get on their return flight could it cause you problems? Of course it could. It likely will. Just read that question back and think about how an immigration officer would look at that case.
Thank you very much .
Her I-94 stated June 2016 for a return. Can't she extend her return to May while we procure her return ticket for May since the airline have stated that her previous return flight cannot be extended since it was a promo ticket/offer , and after all she won't be out of status at all if she decides to return in May. Her I-94 stated her return to June. Can she legally return in May ?
However, she was given 6 months at the POE which will expire in June. How will that determine my clearance at the POE ? She never planned to overstay at all
Thank u sir
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by scribble: 8:56pm On Jan 15, 2016
LagosNIV:
The VOs understand that not all Nigerians are dishonest or fraudulent, that's why 94,102 of the 158,914 visas applied for in 2015 were approved.
I would also point out that the amount of applicants we were able to interview in 2015 increased by 141% as a result of changes that were made to our intake procedures (which include standing and constantly moving through the line).

We often advise applicants not to re-apply for at least 90 days. But like you, they are adults capable of making decisions for themselves. Why, if you are refused a visa because you are not qualified this week, should you re-apply immediately to interview again next week?

I understand that you may be frustrated because you do not fully understand why your visa was refused, but if the United States is truly as terrible as you are stating, I see no reason why you should be requesting a visa to visit.

Great points. I guess some adults may hurry to reapply for instance if they want to have their baby abroad because they're worried about getting adequate medical care in Nigeria.

For instance you know Nigeria has one of the highest infant mortality rates and labour deaths in the word.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by greaterheight: 12:05pm On Jan 17, 2016
Hi, I have an issue that is giving me sleepless nights. I am a management staff where I work with 3kids. I got a multiple entry visa with my ex husband and we travelled together once. He accompanied me on the trip as I was actually the main applicant. Some months after we got back, we broke up as a result of lingering issues. I was pregnant for my last child but we just had to break up cos I cldnt continue anymore. I wish to take my kids to the USA for vacation as I still have a valid visa.my status has changed from married to separated. Information got to me that my ex husband has gone back to the USA and overstayed. I hope this will not affect my own travel with the kids. I have a lot of travel experience but this is the first time I will be going with my kids. Pls kindly advice appropriately.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by indianteddy007: 3:29pm On Jan 17, 2016
hello house. keep up the good job. i need your help on my own issue. i applied last year March alone without my husband and kids, i was denied.

Last year december i travelled to Dubai with my kids. now i want to reapply with my kids but my passport is still in my maiden name. My husband is not interested in traveling for now and since he has never travelled before they might deny us. our plan is for me to reapply with my two boys. pls what do u feel about this. God bless you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Sunny4Gold: 3:38pm On Jan 17, 2016
How much is US visa fee in naira?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jan 17, 2016
Hello VO,

I got a US visa last year while working and living in Europe to attend a conference with my current employer this year

I got a better job offer in Nigeria and i plan resigning from my current employer to move back home this year, meaning i wont be attending the said conference.

FYI, there is no annotation on d visa.

Can i travel with this visa on a later date and via a different POE for vacation?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by cbaldwin2013: 12:25pm On Jan 18, 2016
Please VO, other than the digital photo whichbis needed wheb filling the forms online, will an actual paper photograph be needed for the interview and if yes whats the specification??
Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by fideco: 1:36pm On Jan 18, 2016
Hello VO,
Thanks for the wonderful work you re doing here!

I need a little help and clarification on these:
My Friend wants to travel with his family to the USA. But the issue is that;
- He is not yet married to his fiance and the baby boy of 5years they want to travel with is not their child but that of a relative so his name is different.
- the wife's name on her passport is not bearing her husbands name.

Can they still Apply as a family?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by cretin: 1:52pm On Jan 18, 2016
LagosNIV:

It sounds like you consider those cousins relatives, so list them as such. As far as editing a profile, you will have to use the contact information on the application website to reach someone who can assist you.

I TRIED USING THE feedback form to submit the information about her new passport number and name, it didnt go through, i then tried sending a mail to technical.support@ustraveldocs.com
the mail still bounced, said box full!...can someone advice me on other ways of contacting them on this issue, a phone nos/email
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by sucess001(m): 5:26pm On Jan 18, 2016
i am considering doing a visit to the us...am confused on who is better placed to send me and invite. i have a cousin and uncle who are citizens and i could also get one of my directors in my office who is also a citizen. which is advisable?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by ok11fin: 11:19pm On Jan 18, 2016
Hello VO

I just applied for B1/B2 visa.. And my appointment is Feb...after i finished filling the form online.I noticed that i made a mistake on my passport/authority of issuing country,i filled South Africa instead of Nigeria but the passport was issued to me by the nigerian embassy here in south Africa and i applied in Nigeria...i got my passport at nigerian embassy here in South Africa after the old expired last year.I hope that mistake wont matter?..

I am a student here planning to go for a vacation in the Usa with my south african friends.But i went to Nigeria to apply.. But i dont need to know anyone there before i can go for visit right?..We are all going for vacation at HI NYC..
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:16am On Jan 19, 2016
greaterheight:
Hi, I have an issue that is giving me sleepless nights. I am a management staff where I work with 3kids. I got a multiple entry visa with my ex husband and we travelled together once. He accompanied me on the trip as I was actually the main applicant. Some months after we got back, we broke up as a result of lingering issues. I was pregnant for my last child but we just had to break up cos I cldnt continue anymore. I wish to take my kids to the USA for vacation as I still have a valid visa.my status has changed from married to separated. Information got to me that my ex husband has gone back to the USA and overstayed. I hope this will not affect my own travel with the kids. I have a lot of travel experience but this is the first time I will be going with my kids. Pls kindly advice appropriately.

Hello greaterheight,

I'm not sure what your question is. Family members violating their own visas could indeed affect your own ability to travel in the future.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:18am On Jan 19, 2016
indianteddy007:
hello house. keep up the good job. i need your help on my own issue. i applied last year March alone without my husband and kids, i was denied.

Last year december i travelled to Dubai with my kids. now i want to reapply with my kids but my passport is still in my maiden name. My husband is not interested in traveling for now and since he has never travelled before they might deny us. our plan is for me to reapply with my two boys. pls what do u feel about this. God bless you

Hello indianteddy007,

If you feel you are qualified and your circumstances have changed significantly from the last time you were refused, you are welcome to reapply. If you have any questions as to whether or not you will be approved, perhaps you should wait until your ties are stronger.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:45am On Jan 19, 2016
Sunny4Gold:
How much is US visa fee in naira?

Hello Sunny4Gold,

The total fee is 32,000 Naira ($160).

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:46am On Jan 19, 2016
HerbertObi:
Hello VO,

I got a US visa last year while working and living in Europe to attend a conference with my current employer this year

I got a better job offer in Nigeria and i plan resigning from my current employer to move back home this year, meaning i wont be attending the said conference.

FYI, there is no annotation on d visa.

Can i travel with this visa on a later date and via a different POE for vacation?

Hello HerbertObi,

Be prepared to explain should any questions arise but yes, if you were granted a multi-entry two-year visa that should be fine.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:48am On Jan 19, 2016
cbaldwin2013:
Please VO, other than the digital photo whichbis needed wheb filling the forms online, will an actual paper photograph be needed for the interview and if yes whats the specification??
Thanks

Hello cbaldwin2013,

We encourage you to bring a single photo with you just in case. You can find the specifications here: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/general/photos.html

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 8:01am On Jan 19, 2016
fideco:
Hello VO,
Thanks for the wonderful work you re doing here!

I need a little help and clarification on these:
My Friend wants to travel with his family to the USA. But the issue is that;
- He is not yet married to his fiance and the baby boy of 5years they want to travel with is not their child but that of a relative so his name is different.
- the wife's name on her passport is not bearing her husbands name.

Can they still Apply as a family?

Hello fideco,

They may apply as a family, but it is vital that they inform the interviewing officer of the nature of the relationship between all parties at the window. Taking someone else's child on a trip, even a relation, could be cause for a child abduction and/or human smuggling charge. If they conceal this information, or do not provide it unprompted up front, they may receive permanent bans from receiving US visas in the future.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 8:01am On Jan 19, 2016
sucess001:
i am considering doing a visit to the us...am confused on who is better placed to send me and invite. i have a cousin and uncle who are citizens and i could also get one of my directors in my office who is also a citizen. which is advisable?

Hello sucess001,

Invitation letters are not required to visit the United States.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 8:02am On Jan 19, 2016
ok11fin:
Hello VO

I just applied for B1/B2 visa.. And my appointment is Feb...after i finished filling the form online.I noticed that i made a mistake on my passport/authority of issuing country,i filled South Africa instead of Nigeria but the passport was issued to me by the nigerian embassy here in south Africa and i applied in Nigeria...i got my passport at nigerian embassy here in South Africa after the old expired last year.I hope that mistake wont matter?..

I am a student here planning to go for a vacation in the Usa with my south african friends.But i went to Nigeria to apply.. But i dont need to know anyone there before i can go for visit right?..We are all going for vacation at HI NYC..

Hello ok11fin,

Just explain the situation if it comes up.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Puffingbee: 9:38am On Jan 19, 2016
Hello
Kindly advice me
I'm a 2nd year student in university and would like to spend my Easter holidays in the US
How do I go about my application? Am I eligible
My boyfriend is my sponsor seeing as I have no source of income
What documents would I need to apply?
I have been to Dubai and I have two UK visas on my passport, the last visa expired in Nov 2015.
Thanks a lot
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 10:01am On Jan 19, 2016
Puffingbee:
Hello
Kindly advice me
I'm a 2nd year student in university and would like to spend my Easter holidays in the US
How do I go about my application? Am I eligible
My boyfriend is my sponsor seeing as I have no source of income
What documents would I need to apply?
I have been to Dubai and I have two UK visas on my passport, the last visa expired in Nov 2015.
Thanks a lot

Hello Puffingbee,

You can go online to apply here --> http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-steps.asp. You only need your passport and confirmation page to attend your interview.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by indianteddy007: 4:34pm On Jan 19, 2016
Thank you so much i really appreciate it. i have a good job i earn 250k per month, i am married with two kids but my husband has never travelled before. i dont know if this is a strong reason
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jan 19, 2016
Dear VO,

Please I would like to ask. Is arriving a day or two days maximum before my actual date of arrival pose a problem at the port of entry? Just dawn on me that there is a need to arrive a day before my actual arrival date. Will it pose a problem?

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by purplecircle: 10:26pm On Jan 19, 2016
Dear VO,

Please advice visa expires in 7 months is it advisable to travel in say May before it expires.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by zollar4life: 8:34am On Jan 20, 2016
Hello VO,
Thanks for the other time,i have received the visa
I was to travel 9th December 2015 for a medical conference but because of the delay in releasing my visa i couldn't so i have scheduled a similar conference which will hold March 4th-5th 2016 but another interesting update will hold April 8th-9th so i'm thinking of waiting back to attend since i will be on my annual leave by then i hope that will not bring up any issue whenever i'm to visit US or apply for any other visa category.
Thanks so much for your assistance so far on this forum.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by greaterheight: 10:59am On Jan 20, 2016
abujaniv:

Hello greaterheight,

I'm not sure what your question is. Family members violating their own visas could indeed affect your own ability to travel in the future.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Thanks for your response. I am now legally separated with him and wish to know if his present status will affect my travel and my children's travel. I currently have a valid visa as explained earlier. Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by tobithedancer: 1:34pm On Jan 20, 2016
Greetings my VO. Pls I want to ask u this question. If my B1B2 visa expires on March 30, 2016, when is the maximum time I can travel to the US ? In other words, with my visit visa expiring on the 30th of March, 2016, can I still use the same visa to travel and depart Nigeria on the 25th of March, 2016, ( 5 days before the visa expires ), and if yes, on my arrival at the POE, will I still likely be given 6 months at the POE ?
Secondly, can someone visits the US twice in the space of 3 months apart, and spending like 10 days each on each visit ?
Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:46pm On Jan 20, 2016
EZmonie:
Dear VO,

Please I would like to ask. Is arriving a day or two days maximum before my actual date of arrival pose a problem at the port of entry? Just dawn on me that there is a need to arrive a day before my actual arrival date. Will it pose a problem?

Thank you.

Hello EZmonie,

Explain the situation at the port of entry.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (229)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.