Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,283 members, 7,811,836 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:51 PM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (98) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (818593 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by laykay(m): 8:24pm On Apr 06, 2016
Hi VO,

I am scheduled to travel for holiday this weekend but I just realized my return ticket is valid for 4 months while I intend to stay for 2 weeks.

Please I need advice if I can rather change the ticket or travel like that.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by menuwe: 5:09am On Apr 07, 2016
hi vo,
pls have a question , i applied for a visa with a passport that is due to expire in three months time..but i have done a renewal now my question is, can i go with both passport to the interview, and will it be an issue..? thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:54pm On Apr 07, 2016
laykay:
Hi VO,

I am scheduled to travel for holiday this weekend but I just realized my return ticket is valid for 4 months while I intend to stay for 2 weeks.

Please I need advice if I can rather change the ticket or travel like that.

How would it possibly be cheaper to stay four months in the US rather than just change your ticket to the two weeks you intended? Sounds a lot like your intent was to stay four months all along.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:54pm On Apr 07, 2016
menuwe:
hi vo,
pls have a question , i applied for a visa with a passport that is due to expire in three months time..but i have done a renewal now my question is, can i go with both passport to the interview, and will it be an issue..? thank you

Go with both passports and explain the situation.

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by dickoflife(m): 5:24pm On Apr 07, 2016
Dear VO having being granted an F-1 visa for michigan state would it raise questions if I decide to enter through New york and then get a local flight to michigan? The reason is because as at a few days past when I checked the website a flight from lagos to new york costs 856 dollars and from new york to michigan 245 dollars while a direct flight from lagos to michigan is 2679 dollars on emirates. I hope I won't be denied entry based on a different POE? Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Darealaby: 7:11pm On Apr 07, 2016
Dear VO, I want to know if one can renew a B1/B2 visa 2 months prior to expiration
of the current visa? Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Udiboy(f): 7:53pm On Apr 07, 2016
Dear VO,
I made a mistake filling may 20th as my intended date of travel instead of June 20th on my DS-160. I have not scheduled an interview yet.
Can I call your office to correct the mistake since I can't access my submitted ds-160 form?
Please, what's best to do?
Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Thrombos(f): 9:54pm On Apr 07, 2016
abujaniv:

We will be in touch when the processing is complete.
Thanks for your response dear VO,
My sister had been on administrative process for the past 6weeks and the waiting is killing as much as I know that you need enough time for proper investigation . Waiting for favorable response . Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:21am On Apr 08, 2016
dickoflife:
Dear VO having being granted an F-1 visa for michigan state would it raise questions if I decide to enter through New york and then get a local flight to michigan? The reason is because as at a few days past when I checked the website a flight from lagos to new york costs 856 dollars and from new york to michigan 245 dollars while a direct flight from lagos to michigan is 2679 dollars on emirates. I hope I won't be denied entry based on a different POE? Thanks.

That will be determined at POE
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:21am On Apr 08, 2016
Darealaby:
Dear VO, I want to know if one can renew a B1/B2 visa 2 months prior to expiration
of the current visa? Thank you.

Sure

2 Likes

Udiboy:
Dear VO,
I made a mistake filling may 20th as my intended date of travel instead of June 20th on my DS-160. I have not scheduled an interview yet.
Can I call your office to correct the mistake since I can't access my submitted ds-160 form?
Please, what's best to do?
Thank you.

Just explain it at the interview if it's a problem
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:23am On Apr 08, 2016
Thrombos:

Thanks for your response dear VO,
My sister had been on administrative process for the past 6weeks and the waiting is killing as much as I know that you need enough time for proper investigation . Waiting for favorable response . Thanks

She can contact us to follow up but we'll reach out when the processing is complete.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by solo1ng1: 8:13am On Apr 08, 2016
Hello VO,

I have a visa and ticket to visit US in May, 2016. Due to some challenges at work on whom to relief me why am away, my leave day was postponed till July, 2016. If I change the ticket date to July, 2016, does it affect me or pose queries at POE?
Can date/time of entry change after been issued a visa?

Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Thrombos(f): 9:17am On Apr 08, 2016
abujaniv:

She can contact us to follow up but we'll reach out when the processing is complete.
Dear VO,
Thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to give attention to our question and concerns .
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 11:05am On Apr 08, 2016
solo1ng1:
Hello VO,

I have a visa and ticket to visit US in May, 2016. Due to some challenges at work on whom to relief me why am away, my leave day was postponed till July, 2016. If I change the ticket date to July, 2016, does it affect me or pose queries at POE?
Can date/time of entry change after been issued a visa?

Thanks.

That's a bridge you'll cross when you get to the POE. Have an explanation.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Udiboy(f): 2:08pm On Apr 08, 2016
Dear VO,
I just called your office but you closed at 1.30pm.
If one filled may 20th instead of June 20th for intended date of travel on ds-160 and thinking of going for interview June 5th. Interview not yet scheduled.
What's the best way to rectify the date. I feel is dumb saying i want to travel may 20th while I will be interviewing in June.
How do I correct it? Fill a new ds-160 or call d embassy?

2ndly,
What if I filled lag in my ds-160 but want to interview in Abuja, is it possible? Or must you interview in Lagos.

just had a change in schedule and Abuja will be more convenient .
Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Tanhound: 2:52pm On Apr 08, 2016
Thanks vo
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Tanhound: 2:57pm On Apr 08, 2016
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Professor554: 3:32pm On Apr 08, 2016
good day vo

I want to fill my ds160 form. the question "have you lost or gotten your passport stolen?" I have a passport that got partially burnt in my house during a fire incident but it was not totally burnt, so I took it to the immigration office and they asked me to get a new one passport which I did while the old one was stamped with "cancel without prejudice" all over the pages and i have some travel stamps there. my question now is for the above question, does it apply to me or I can fill NO for that?

Best Regards
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Bond111: 10:54am On Apr 09, 2016
Hello

I need a little advice, I was issued a two year us visa in 2012 which I used, I have applied for a renewal via drop box. However I realized a made a little mistake on the DS-160 form. I mistakenly chose the NO option for the ten-printing question.

I have a good travel history and I visit Europe at least three times a year, will this mistake adversely affect my application?

Many thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by jay500(m): 11:17pm On Apr 09, 2016
Dear VO ,
I have completed D 160 form for B1/B2 Visa Category and schedule appointment for April 25th . However , picture was uploaded to the form online and was accepted. Could there be any need for another Passport Photograph to bring along for the interview ? . Pls advice .
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by wenny1205(f): 1:44pm On Apr 10, 2016
good day vo's

If someone is planning on traveling to the states for vacation by first week of October, is it to early to start application now

thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Deyonsesi: 2:17pm On Apr 10, 2016
Dear VO,

Kindly assist with my enquiry. My SIL has a B1\B2 Visa, she filled a DS 160 form for her son but she is having issues scheduling an appointment for the lil guy (5 yrs). She used her own email address and added him as a dependant, d page is however capturing both of dem (mum & son) as applicants and indicating dat she has to pay for them both.

She inputted the receipt number for d boy's payment but the page is not accepting it.

Please can you advise us on what to do?

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by aariwa(m): 3:23pm On Apr 10, 2016
Good day VO.I recently visited U.S on B2 Visa and stayed for one month from 12th February to 12th March this year but to my chagrin no single stamp was stamped on my passport indicating departure even after passing through the security checks at O'Hare international airport chicago.When I arrived Nnamdi Azikiwe airport they stamped arrival on my passport. Please I am curious to know if it is a normal procedure because that was my first time
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:26am On Apr 11, 2016
aariwa:
Good day VO.I recently visited U.S on B2 Visa and stayed for one month from 12th February to 12th March this year but to my chagrin no single stamp was stamped on my passport indicating departure even after passing through the security checks at O'Hare international airport chicago.When I arrived Nnamdi Azikiwe airport they stamped arrival on my passport. Please I am curious to know if it is a normal procedure because that was my first time

Hello aariwa,

A departure stamp is not compulsory as your departure is tracked electronically.

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Bond111: 10:29am On Apr 11, 2016
Hello

I need a little advice, I was issued a two year us visa in 2012 which I used, I have applied for a renewal via drop box. However I realized a made a little mistake on the DS-160 form. I mistakenly chose the NO option for the ten-printing question.

I have a good travel history and I visit Europe at least three times a year, will this mistake adversely affect my application?

Many thanks

Please reply
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by temmyo: 10:36am On Apr 11, 2016
VO,

Does my old passport need to be marked 'cancelled without prejudice' since I have a new one owing to a change of name? and does its so being marked affect the validity of my b1/B2 visa on it?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:17pm On Apr 11, 2016
Deyonsesi:
Dear VO,

Kindly assist with my enquiry. My SIL has a B1\B2 Visa, she filled a DS 160 form for her son but she is having issues scheduling an appointment for the lil guy (5 yrs). She used her own email address and added him as a dependant, d page is however capturing both of dem (mum & son) as applicants and indicating dat she has to pay for them both.

She inputted the receipt number for d boy's payment but the page is not accepting it.

Please can you advise us on what to do?

Thank you.

Hello Deyonsesi,

That is a systems question that we suggest you direct to CGI - http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-appointmentschedule.asp.

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:13pm On Apr 11, 2016
temmyo:
VO,

Does my old passport need to be marked 'cancelled without prejudice' since I have a new one owing to a change of name? and does its so being marked affect the validity of my b1/B2 visa on it?

Hello temmyo,

If you have a new and valid visa with your name change, that is the visa that you should present at the POE. You can also bring along your old passports, but it is not a requirement that the old visa is marked.

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:15pm On Apr 11, 2016
Bond111:
Hello

Many thanks

Please reply

Hello Bond111,

The ten-printing question is in regard to your fingerprints. The Dropbox program enables applicants to use their fingerprints from the last application - as long as you did the fingerprints, you should be fine.

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (229)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.