Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,964 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:34 AM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (99) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (818626 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:16pm On Apr 11, 2016
wenny1205:
good day vo's

If someone is planning on traveling to the states for vacation by first week of October, is it to early to start application now

thanks

Hello wenny1205,

It is never too early to start the application process. We appreciate well organized and punctual travelers.

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:34pm On Apr 11, 2016
Udiboy:
Dear VO,
I just called your office but you closed at 1.30pm.
If one filled may 20th instead of June 20th for intended date of travel on ds-160 and thinking of going for interview June 5th. Interview not yet scheduled.
What's the best way to rectify the date. I feel is dumb saying i want to travel may 20th while I will be interviewing in June.
How do I correct it? Fill a new ds-160 or call d embassy?

2ndly,
What if I filled lag in my ds-160 but want to interview in Abuja, is it possible? Or must you interview in Lagos.

just had a change in schedule and Abuja will be more convenient .
Thank you.

Hello Udiboy,

Please direct all scheduling and DS 160 questions to CGI Nigeria.

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Bond111: 2:22pm On Apr 11, 2016
abujaniv:

Hello Bond111,

The ten-printing question is in regard to your fingerprints. The Dropbox program enables applicants to use their fingerprints from the last application - as long as you did the fingerprints, you should be fine.

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team

Thank you.

I was worried that my wrong answer would compromise me.

Thanks again
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by temmyo: 2:36pm On Apr 11, 2016
I was talking about my passpirt not my visa. my valid b1/B2 visa is in my old passport which has my maiden name, while i now have a new passport with my new name. The question is must my old PASSPORT be cancelled without prejudice? and will doing so affect my visa contained therein in any way?
abujaniv:

Hello temmyo,

If you have a new and valid visa with your name change, that is the visa that you should present at the POE. You can also bring along your old passports, but it is not a requirement that the old visa is marked.

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:52pm On Apr 11, 2016
Professor554:
good day vo

I want to fill my ds160 form. the question "have you lost or gotten your passport stolen?" I have a passport that got partially burnt in my house during a fire incident but it was not totally burnt, so I took it to the immigration office and they asked me to get a new one passport which I did while the old one was stamped with "cancel without prejudice" all over the pages and i have some travel stamps there. my question now is for the above question, does it apply to me or I can fill NO for that?

Best Regards

Hello Professor554,

You can fill in no, but you may want to bring in your old passport to show during the interview.

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:54pm On Apr 11, 2016
jay500:
Dear VO ,
I have completed D 160 form for B1/B2 Visa Category and schedule appointment for April 25th . However , picture was uploaded to the form online and was accepted. Could there be any need for another Passport Photograph to bring along for the interview ? . Pls advice .

Hello jay500,

The picture from the online form is sufficient.

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by shawno: 5:06pm On Apr 11, 2016
HELLO VO,
Thank you for the good job you are doing on this platform.
Please VO, I dont know why my questions were not answered and the ones after me were adequately answered.
I applied to attend a conference scheduled for april 1st this year and i was granted B1/B2 visa.
Owing to some unforseen reason , i couldnt go for the conference . My concern now are, hope i wont be disturbed at the POE for i am planning to go by July for holiday. Or like some people say , that is only through conference i can use the visa . i just want to know next step to take . thank you
Please I need your advise .
Thank you in advance
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by climaxtrav: 9:50pm On Apr 11, 2016
Hello VO...

I applied to attend my immediate brother's wedding ceremony in 2007 and was denied US visa alongside my wife we had no kids then, though the rest of my families were granted the visa and they returned to Nigeria. I also applied to attend my brother's convocation ceremony and got refused again. I studied in UK, I visited Belgium for vacation, I traveled to UK for my convocation with my wife and kids and currently we all have Canada visa so, I applied with my wife and kids last year December and I was refused again. Though the lady that interviewed us didn't even check our passport. I think that morning she was furious so she didn't attend to us well. My question is what may be the cause of this? My plan was just to visit my immediate brother and his family and then we all travel together to Canada since he is a US citizen and require no visa.

Thank you while I await your response.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Professor554: 12:24am On Apr 12, 2016
Hello Vo,

my second question now is about the question "address where you will stay while in the US". I have a friend, who is my point of contact, I plan staying at his place for atleast 1-2 weeks before I rent my own place, so for the question,can I fill his address as the place I would stay while in the us?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by lakeside69: 7:19am On Apr 12, 2016
Good Morning VO. I had filled my Application DS-160 with that of my wife and two daughters. We have paid d visa fees. In scheduling our appointment, after filling my information with my email address, the portal confirmed a wrong email address and as a result i could not proceed. I sent an email to the feedback requesting that my email address should be properly corrected. I got a response to send another email address. I sent another one and i was informed that a password for the email will be sent which have not been sent. I have forwarded another email to them stating this even though they highlighted case closed. I had to schedule that of my wife and children. Now, how do i get an appointment date with that of my family. Theirs is May 6th and we need to go as a family? Kindly help me
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by misderah: 9:33am On Apr 12, 2016
Good morning VO,

Please is a person ineligible for a B1/B2 visa if they have a pending immigrant visa?

My sister applied for an immigrant visa for me years ago, this has been approved and we've been asked to wait for a visa number.

Can i still apply for a b1/b2 while that is ongoing? i have a wedding invitation.

Or can the immigrant petition be withdrawn at this stage as it has been going on for too long?

Thank you..
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Eddard007: 10:01am On Apr 12, 2016
Hello AbujaNIV

Thank making up a new thread

Please which hospital are authorised and ok in Nigeria for me to do my immunisation as an F1 student.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:19pm On Apr 12, 2016
Eddard007:
Hello AbujaNIV

Thank making up a new thread

Please which hospital are authorised and ok in Nigeria for me to do my immunisation as an F1 student.

Hello Eddard007,

Here are two doctors which are used for medical exams for the immigrant visa process. Dr. Alexandra Anga, The Consulatants Practice, 25 Raymond Njoku, Ikoyi - 01-893-0723 or Dr. Funmi Alakija, Q-Life Family Clinic, Plot 155A Prince Ade Odelina Street, Off Ajose Adegun, VI - 01-804-2000.

Regards,
Student Visa Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:23pm On Apr 12, 2016
misderah:
Good morning VO,

Please is a person ineligible for a B1/B2 visa if they have a pending immigrant visa?

My sister applied for an immigrant visa for me years ago, this has been approved and we've been asked to wait for a visa number.

Can i still apply for a b1/b2 while that is ongoing? i have a wedding invitation.

Or can the immigrant petition be withdrawn at this stage as it has been going on for too long?

Thank you..

Hello misderah,

It is difficult to get a tourist visa when you have an open immigrant visa application. You must prove to the officer that your ties to Nigeria are very strong and that you would not go to the U.S. and stay illegally while waiting for the immigrant visa process. F4 visa (siblings) take longer than other visa classes, but visa are not automatically denied just because an open IV petition is outstanding. It is your responsibility to prove to the officer that your life and ties are now in Nigeria and you plan to wait until the IV petition is ready for immigration.

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team

1 Like 1 Share

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:25pm On Apr 12, 2016
lakeside69:
Good Morning VO. I had filled my Application DS-160 with that of my wife and two daughters. We have paid d visa fees. In scheduling our appointment, after filling my information with my email address, the portal confirmed a wrong email address and as a result i could not proceed. I sent an email to the feedback requesting that my email address should be properly corrected. I got a response to send another email address. I sent another one and i was informed that a password for the email will be sent which have not been sent. I have forwarded another email to them stating this even though they highlighted case closed. I had to schedule that of my wife and children. Now, how do i get an appointment date with that of my family. Theirs is May 6th and we need to go as a family? Kindly help me

Hello lakeside69,

This is a systems question best handled by CGI. Please continue to work with them on scheduling. You do not need to go as a family, just explain to the officers what happened with the appointment times.

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:28pm On Apr 12, 2016
shawno:
HELLO VO,
Thank you for the good job you are doing on this platform.
Please VO, I dont know why my questions were not answered and the ones after me were adequately answered.
I applied to attend a conference scheduled for april 1st this year and i was granted B1/B2 visa.
Owing to some unforseen reason , i couldnt go for the conference . My concern now are, hope i wont be disturbed at the POE for i am planning to go by July for holiday. Or like some people say , that is only through conference i can use the visa . i just want to know next step to take . thank you
Please I need your advise .
Thank you in advance

Hello shawno,

We cannot answers specific questions about every case, nor can we as consular officers predict what the border patrol agents will do. Our only advice is to always be clear, upfront and honest about your pourpose of travel and your reasons for changing your plans.

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:32pm On Apr 12, 2016
climaxtrav:
Hello VO...

I applied to attend my immediate brother's wedding ceremony in 2007 and was denied US visa alongside my wife we had no kids then, though the rest of my families were granted the visa and they returned to Nigeria. I also applied to attend my brother's convocation ceremony and got refused again. I studied in UK, I visited Belgium for vacation, I traveled to UK for my convocation with my wife and kids and currently we all have Canada visa so, I applied with my wife and kids last year December and I was refused again. Though the lady that interviewed us didn't even check our passport. I think that morning she was furious so she didn't attend to us well. My question is what may be the cause of this? My plan was just to visit my immediate brother and his family and then we all travel together to Canada since he is a US citizen and require no visa.

Thank you while I await your response.

Hello climaxtrav,

You are welcome to apply again, however, we cannot reply to questions about specific cases. It appears that the officer was not satisfied with ties to Nigeria, but you can try again.

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:34pm On Apr 12, 2016
Professor554:
Hello Vo,

my second question now is about the question "address where you will stay while in the US". I have a friend, who is my point of contact, I plan staying at his place for atleast 1-2 weeks before I rent my own place, so for the question,can I fill his address as the place I would stay while in the us?

Hello Professor554,

We cannot answer specfic questions about your case.

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by climaxtrav: 4:18pm On Apr 12, 2016
Hello Vo,

Thank you for your response. I thought of sending a letter and few documents to the US Consulate Lagos by courier. Is it meaningful or I should just re-apply?

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Chyko02(m): 4:39pm On Apr 12, 2016
Dear VO,
In 2006 I was interviewed for a student visa and was denied but I can't remember why exactly. In 2010 I won the DV lottery and at that time my uni degree was in view so when I filled my application to book for an interview, I filled that I was an SSCE holder since I was still undergoing uni studies. Anyway I was interviewed around Aug 2011 as my case number was high and to my surprise I was denied with the reason that I did not meet the minimum educational requirement which I believe to be SSCE. How is that possible when I even went with my original waec certs? Anyway I finished my uni studies successfully that 2011 and resumed work Feb 2012 and been working there for 4yrs with good pay and now I want to go for vacation by end of June as am due for my annual leave. What would be your advise on my next interview as to the reason for my previous denials and likely questions to be asked? Also, docs to present
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Osigobin: 8:41pm On Apr 12, 2016
Dear VO,

Can someone still apply for a tourist B1/B2 visa if he or she has less than 2yrs validity left on their passport?. Will it affect being given 24months multiple entry!..
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Bond111: 11:28pm On Apr 12, 2016
Hello,

I have been told that as a US visa holder I can visit certain countries and be issued a visa on arrival.

Could you please shed some light on this and please give me an idea which countries these may be if what I was told was true.

Many thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:10pm On Apr 13, 2016
climaxtrav:
Hello Vo,

Thank you for your response. I thought of sending a letter and few documents to the US Consulate Lagos by courier. Is it meaningful or I should just re-apply?

Thank you.

Hello climaxtrav,

You will need to reapply.

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:12pm On Apr 13, 2016
Chyko02:
Dear VO,
In 2006 I was interviewed for a student visa and was denied but I can't remember why exactly. In 2010 I won the DV lottery and at that time my uni degree was in view so when I filled my application to book for an interview, I filled that I was an SSCE holder since I was still undergoing uni studies. Anyway I was interviewed around Aug 2011 as my case number was high and to my surprise I was denied with the reason that I did not meet the minimum educational requirement which I believe to be SSCE. How is that possible when I even went with my original waec certs? Anyway I finished my uni studies successfully that 2011 and resumed work Feb 2012 and been working there for 4yrs with good pay and now I want to go for vacation by end of June as am due for my annual leave. What would be your advise on my next interview as to the reason for my previous denials and likely questions to be asked? Also, docs to present

Hello Chyko02,

The advice for your case is the same for all applicants. Be honest and clear about your purpose of travel and your ties to Nigeria. Officers will be able to see previous applications and refusals, so be clear about any responses to those questions.

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:14pm On Apr 13, 2016
Osigobin:
Dear VO,

Can someone still apply for a tourist B1/B2 visa if he or she has less than 2yrs validity left on their passport?. Will it affect being given 24months multiple entry!..

Hello Osigobin,

You need at least 6 months validity of your passport to enter the U.S.

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:15pm On Apr 13, 2016
Bond111:
Hello,

I have been told that as a US visa holder I can visit certain countries and be issued a visa on arrival.

Could you please shed some light on this and please give me an idea which countries these may be if what I was told was true.

Many thanks

Hello Bond111,

We can only answer questions pertaining to the U.S. visa process.

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by drrooney(m): 1:56pm On Apr 13, 2016
Good afternoon.

I had a US visa interview done with my wife 5th April 2016 for b1/b2 visas here in lagos, we both were interviewed together as a couple and had our visa applications approved. I had visited the US on a b1/b2 visa in 2014 and my wife has never been to the US. The interview went well and like I said, we both were approved. However my wife's passport was ready for pickup whole mine is under administrative processing since then. I have been very sad and worried because I don't know why that is so and even when to expect my passport. I'm a medical doctor in Calabar and I'd travel back to Calabar soon because my work leave is over. I'm confused. Is there any way at all you can help me please? Is there a way the process can be expedited? My fear is that my passport photograph may have fallen out of my passport before the interview although I scanned a picture into my ds160 form. I hope that isn't the case. I don't want this to affect my travel plans as I already have my leave approved for the anticipated travel time. Please help me.

Thank you very much!
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Elizabeth40: 5:41pm On Apr 13, 2016
Dear VO.

since Yesterday I ve been trying to upload my pix to the D160 form and it keeps saying erorr in processing.

Is it a general problem , and how can I get over it so that I can continue with my appointment as soon as possible.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Babra01: 5:46pm On Apr 13, 2016
Dear VO,

I am in the process of filling out my DS160 form, but I can seem to upload my picture. When I upload it says "An error occurred while [/i]processing your photo, Please try again later". I have tried uploading it for the past 24 hours but I still keep getting this response each time I attempt to. kindly assist as I would like to schedule my appointment as soon as possible.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Benjamite01: 12:08am On Apr 14, 2016
Please I need a clarification about a visa for this set of age, 9months,4 years and 7 years old. All in a family with their parent. Would the kids need to pay a visa fee?

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (229)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.