Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,414 members, 7,822,924 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

Is Sms/text Messaging Relevant To Friends/lovers In Relationships? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Sms/text Messaging Relevant To Friends/lovers In Relationships? (1540 Views)

Reasons Why Ladies Like Sex But Pretend They Hate It In Relationships / Reasons Why Many Guys Insist On Getting Into Ladies' Pants In Relationships / Women Are Not Always The Problem In Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Sms/text Messaging Relevant To Friends/lovers In Relationships? by jnrbayano(m): 9:30am On Jun 30, 2014
Smses/text messages in the recent past provided friends especially lovers the opportunity to stay in touch in a very special way eliminating different distance barriers. Most times after the days activities lovers leave it late to communicate their deep emotions to each other.

It became a-way-out for the group of people who are shy to fully communicate their emotions via voicecalls. The people who may find it hard to cope up regularly with the exorbitant network tariffs of yesteryears, were redeemed too.

Before the emergence of GSM in Nigeria, letter-writing as a mode of communication held sway. I recall that in those days, letters were so much anticipated between lovers living apart and when it eventually arrives, it is cherished because more often than not reveals true emotions. Nothing-daunted most relationships then condoned several miles of separation, letters became their bridge.

Another era arrived, the Social Media Era. This era is characterised by chatting, file sharing ranging from pictures, animation, gifs, videos, voicenotes, videocalls etc.....this made communication a lot easier, more frequent and cheaper, but the big question is, did it better relationships?

In this era, one would ask whether:

1. this transition is same with the transition of Letter-writing to sms/text messaging?

2. the emotions expressed from social media are overly real/true?

3. the too frequent messages from chat here still have the capacity to induce great enough anticipation for the next message in the sequence?

What's your take?

Excuse any grammatical flaws.
Re: Is Sms/text Messaging Relevant To Friends/lovers In Relationships? by Erikthered: 3:34pm On Jun 30, 2014
Sms or textmessages got tins bad while chats made it worse we dont value our relationships again,we can merely tell when its genuine cos we get the I LOVE YOU part everyday.
Re: Is Sms/text Messaging Relevant To Friends/lovers In Relationships? by jnrbayano(m): 7:22am On Jul 02, 2014
Erikthered: Sms or textmessages got tins bad while chats made it worse we dont value our relationships again,we can merely tell when its genuine cos we get the I LOVE YOU part everyday.

I think you are right about social media/chatting. It dwindled the authenticity of the "I love you" phrase in no small manner.
Re: Is Sms/text Messaging Relevant To Friends/lovers In Relationships? by Oahray: 1:11pm On Jul 02, 2014
Different strokes for different folks. For me text messaging has helped relationships, and WhatsApp is a total blessing.
Re: Is Sms/text Messaging Relevant To Friends/lovers In Relationships? by jnrbayano(m): 7:40pm On Jul 02, 2014
Oahray: Different strokes for different folks. For me text messaging has helped relationships, and WhatsApp is a total blessing.

In large part my write-up agrees with you. I remarked that SMS/text-messaging helped eliminate the distance barrier in a long distance relationships, giving such relationships succour. That's in that era were SMS/messaging held sway.

I also highlighted some benefits accruing from this current era of Social networks/chatting; how it makes communication easier, cheaper etc.

However, I feel it has reduced drastically the genuineness of professed love. Too many fake/loveless relationships exist at this time, methinks.

Scores of people troop into nairaland with unending relationship problems seeking advice/help. Check the romance section again and see.

Wise people make use of it for wise gains just like you smiley
Re: Is Sms/text Messaging Relevant To Friends/lovers In Relationships? by Oahray: 7:54pm On Jul 02, 2014
jnrbayano:

In large part my write-up agrees with you. I remarked that SMS/text-messaging helped eliminate the distance barrier in a long distance relationships, giving such relationships succour. That's in that era were SMS/messaging held sway.

I also highlighted some benefits accruing from this current era of Social networks/chatting; how it makes communication easier, cheaper etc.

However, I feel it has reduced drastically the genuineness of professed love. Too many fake/loveless relationships exist at this time, methinks.

Scores of people troop into nairaland with unending relationship problems seeking advice/help. Check the romance section again and see.

Wise people make use of it for wise gains just like you smiley
well, you do have a point. Fakers would always remain fakers though, regardless of what means of communication they use. We can as well lie in a hand-written letter or even face to face.

Electronic communication just makes it easier to tread the path we choose, good or bad, honesty or deceit.

When it's easier to meet people and be in a relationship just by getting a browsing phone, it would definitely be easier to be in a loveless relationship.
Re: Is Sms/text Messaging Relevant To Friends/lovers In Relationships? by jnrbayano(m): 8:03pm On Jul 02, 2014
Oahray: well, you do have a point. Fakers would always remain fakers though, regardless of what means of communication they use. We can as well lie in a hand-written letter or even face to face.

Electronic communication just makes it easier to tread the path we choose, good or bad, honesty or deceit.

When it's easier to meet people and be in a relationship just by getting a browsing phone, it would definitely be easier to be in a loveless relationship.

Nicely put. Very cogent.
Re: Is Sms/text Messaging Relevant To Friends/lovers In Relationships? by Erikthered: 6:41pm On Jul 08, 2014
jnrbayano:

I think you are right about social media/chatting. It dwindled the authenticity of the "I love you" phrase in no small manner.

cool
Re: Is Sms/text Messaging Relevant To Friends/lovers In Relationships? by jnrbayano(m): 5:33pm On Jan 21, 2015
Oahray:
well, you do have a point. Fakers would always remain fakers though, regardless of what means of communication they use. We can as well lie in a hand-written letter or even face to face.

Re: Is Sms/text Messaging Relevant To Friends/lovers In Relationships? by lampardizik(m): 7:49pm On Jan 21, 2015
#jic
Re: Is Sms/text Messaging Relevant To Friends/lovers In Relationships? by passionate88: 7:59pm On Jan 21, 2015
WhatsApp all the way... Don't like sms
Re: Is Sms/text Messaging Relevant To Friends/lovers In Relationships? by jnrbayano(m): 3:43pm On Jan 28, 2015
lampardizik:
#jic

What's jic? Just In Case? undecided
Re: Is Sms/text Messaging Relevant To Friends/lovers In Relationships? by jnrbayano(m): 3:50pm On Jan 28, 2015
passionate88:
WhatsApp all the way... Don't like sms

More lies are told on whatsapp than real life and more frequently too.

This is my opinion. Do you disagree?
Re: Is Sms/text Messaging Relevant To Friends/lovers In Relationships? by lampardizik(m): 4:31pm On Jan 31, 2015
jnrbayano:

What's jic? Just In Case? undecided

just in case?
Re: Is Sms/text Messaging Relevant To Friends/lovers In Relationships? by jnrbayano(m): 9:18pm On Apr 21, 2015
lampardizik:

just in case?

.....And what does Jic mean if not it?
Re: Is Sms/text Messaging Relevant To Friends/lovers In Relationships? by lampardizik(m): 8:02pm On Apr 23, 2015
Junior is crazy?? undecided

jnrbayano:

.....And what does Jic mean if not it?
Re: Is Sms/text Messaging Relevant To Friends/lovers In Relationships? by jnrbayano(m): 12:17am On Mar 12, 2019
lampardizik:

Junior is crazy?? undecided

Lol

(1) (Reply)

Hello Ladies, If You Can Do It, We Can Do It Also!!!! +pics / What Does Dis Mean / Underaged Girls Also Go After Overaged Guys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.