Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,943 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:35 PM

What Was Your Childhood Dream Job..... Did U Follow It - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Was Your Childhood Dream Job..... Did U Follow It (3525 Views)

If You Didn't Do These As A Child, Then Your Childhood Wasn't Awesome(pictures). / Which Of This Is Your Childhood Games (photos) / If You Played This In Your Childhood Then Your Childhoold Was Awesome (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Was Your Childhood Dream Job..... Did U Follow It by dre11(m): 10:46am On Jun 30, 2014
Remember the good old days, when you are still young(most times in your primary school days) when you'd sit at your desk in school dreaming of the day you'd become a concellor, teacher, dancer radio personality, an adventurer such as Indiana Jones? Those innocent days where you believe u have the world at your feet and can do what ever you dare dream to do/be
But by the time students get to the last leg of their secondary school and you are trying to shape your destiny by the kind of course you pick to study or what path you want to follow in life.... many forget those dreams and choose a more lucrative or popular path due to parents or siblings influence.

To be totally honest, I can’t exactly remember what I wanted to be when I grew up. I definitely didn’t dream about being in H.R. or recruiting agencies, or working in the para-millitary as a psychology, physio threapy. I actually don’t think I realized those careers existed until I was about writting JAMB and see the bronchi. Even then, I had no idea that they would be for me.
Though my exact “dream job” wasn’t clear to me at a young age. But as time goes on the larger picture becomes clearer as i becomes more matured in decission making, judgement and thicking about where it all started.......
As in from the childhoold days.. those childhood dreams, aspiration, love, ideas etc So if you’re feeling lost in your career, call your parents, or your childhood friends, and have them remind you of the things you loved and chased as a kid. Maybe it won’t be relevant at all… But maybe it will remind you of your true calling.
(Those childhood dream....)
So, guys and ladies..
what was your childhood dream job? And if you had followed your childhood passion? Would the job be worth it?
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream Job..... Did U Follow It by Lorlaahlozz: 10:53am On Jun 30, 2014
When I was a kid...I wanted to be an actresss.....tho...m studying sumtin close to dramatic art....at least I take courses in drama....buh when I do see the stress they go through....I do thank God dah my parents talked me out of it.
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream Job..... Did U Follow It by johnwizey: 10:58am On Jun 30, 2014
I wanted to be a surgeon back then. But after Jamb jam me 3 times na im i tink am say 'o boy, dis tin no be your way o'. Here i am reading computer engineering. Maybe i can bcum a computer doctor someday sha

2 Likes

Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream Job..... Did U Follow It by Nobody: 11:00am On Jun 30, 2014
When i was a kid...i wantd 2 b a nurse bt d course m stdyn is far 4rm it*Pschology/Adult education)
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream Job..... Did U Follow It by Nobody: 11:05am On Jun 30, 2014
I wanted to be a doctor, later changed my mind to become a nurse because of JAMB requirement, but then I didn't even get up to half mark of the p.ume I took in OAU, so here I am now styding Agriculture in school. I see it has more practical than nursing and I have been thinking positively on how to bulid my dreams on it before graduation. I pray God help me.

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream Job..... Did U Follow It by KelvinGraphics(m): 11:05am On Jun 30, 2014
johnwizey: I wanted to be a surgeon back then. But after Jamb jam me 3 times na im i tink am say 'o boy, dis tin no be your way o'. Here i am reading computer engineering. Maybe i can bcum a computer doctor someday sha
Lolz...grin
U funny o
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream Job..... Did U Follow It by Nobody: 11:06am On Jun 30, 2014
I always wanted a teacher but u know na grin
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream Job..... Did U Follow It by Nobody: 11:06am On Jun 30, 2014
johnwizey: I wanted to be a surgeon back then. But after Jamb jam me 3 times na im i tink am say 'o boy, dis tin no be your way o'. Here i am reading computer engineering. Maybe i can bcum a computer doctor someday sha
Lol. Computer doctor indeed!!
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream Job..... Did U Follow It by Nobody: 11:08am On Jun 30, 2014
Elantracey: I always wanted a teacher but u know na grin
Ɣ☺u must be a person that loves talking. grin
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream Job..... Did U Follow It by Nobody: 11:18am On Jun 30, 2014
OlamiB:
Ɣ☺u must be a person that loves talking. grin

no really o, I just loved teaching then
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream Job..... Did U Follow It by DeHero1: 11:20am On Jun 30, 2014
Since my Primary School days, I've always loved to stand and write on d board, teach in d absence of our class teacher and address any issue with boldness... thank God they appreciated me then. It continued to secondary school... and here I am today... Lecturing.

To God be the glory GREAT things He hath done!

2 Likes

Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream Job..... Did U Follow It by Nobody: 11:32am On Jun 30, 2014
I wanted to be a Pilot and i regret not going through with it. embarassed
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream Job..... Did U Follow It by MizMyColi(f): 12:52pm On Jun 30, 2014
If I say my own, everybody wee know lipsrsealed
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream Job..... Did U Follow It by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jun 30, 2014
I had a dream of becoming a mech engr,i flunked in maths and physics.......opted for psychology,later settled for political science gringringrin

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream Job..... Did U Follow It by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jun 30, 2014
MizMyColi: If I say my own, everybody wee know lipsrsealed
always
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream Job..... Did U Follow It by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jun 30, 2014
De-Hero:
Since my Primary School days, I've always loved to stand and write on d board, teach in d absence of our class teacher and address any issue with boldness... thank God they appreciated me then. It continued to secondary school... and here I am today... Lecturing.

To God be the glory GREAT things He hath done!
congratulobia cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream Job..... Did U Follow It by MizMyColi(f): 2:34pm On Jun 30, 2014
Xtarxhyne: always
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream Job..... Did U Follow It by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jun 30, 2014
MizMyColi:
tell us jo
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream Job..... Did U Follow It by MizMyColi(f): 2:38pm On Jun 30, 2014
Xtarxhyne: tell us jo
angry I took an oath to lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream Job..... Did U Follow It by shizzle11(m): 2:54pm On Jun 30, 2014
while young i dreamt of being a football superstar, alas that dream vanished as i grew older grin
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream Job..... Did U Follow It by stinggy(m): 3:42pm On Jun 30, 2014
I've always wanted to be a trained assasin, seems time isn't much on my side again
embarassed
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream Job..... Did U Follow It by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jun 30, 2014
MizMyColi: angry I took an oath to lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
wat
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream Job..... Did U Follow It by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jun 30, 2014
stinggy: I've always wanted to be a trained assasin, seems time isn't much on my side again
embarassed
lol

i 4gt 2 laff
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream Job..... Did U Follow It by stinggy(m): 4:12pm On Jun 30, 2014
Xtarxhyne: lol

i 4gt 2 laff
I fail to see where the joke is
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream Job..... Did U Follow It by MizMyColi(f): 4:22pm On Jun 30, 2014
Xtarxhyne: wat
not tell that I wanted to study Pharmacy when I was younger grin cheesy
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream Job..... Did U Follow It by Miracy(f): 4:37pm On Jun 30, 2014
I've always dreamed of becoming a lawyer grin cheesy...guess what?? grin
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream Job..... Did U Follow It by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jun 30, 2014
MizMyColi: not tell that I wanted to study Pharmacy when I was younger grin cheesy
Nw nko?

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream Job..... Did U Follow It by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jun 30, 2014
Newscaster ! No, I didn't follow it !

Change to Accounting in SS1 and till now , an Accountant !!
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream Job..... Did U Follow It by MizMyColi(f): 5:36pm On Jun 30, 2014
Xtarxhyne: Nw nko?
Advertising, PR n Signages grin grin
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream Job..... Did U Follow It by shelter4luving(f): 7:26pm On Jun 30, 2014
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream Job..... Did U Follow It by JoeCutie(m): 7:30pm On Jun 30, 2014
I've always had the dream of becoming a Catholic priest, but... :X sad undecided

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream Job..... Did U Follow It by coldgate(f): 11:59pm On Jun 30, 2014
I always dreamt of working with the CIA. Lost that dream during the gruelling training at the SSS entry level trainning sch. Now I am doing a boring Bank Job. Sad.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Money Or Attention? Which Makes A Woman Happier? / Who Do I Run To / My Elder Sister Is Feeling Suicidal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.