Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,017 members, 7,828,579 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:37 AM

Why Does The Society Put So Much Pressure On Men? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Does The Society Put So Much Pressure On Men? (1438 Views)

Why Do Women Put So Much Pressure On Men / Is There Too Much Pressure Ongirls To Have The 'perfect' Body? / The 6 Types Of Women Who Always Cheat On Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does The Society Put So Much Pressure On Men? by Polchiz(m): 10:26pm On Jun 30, 2014
The African society puts so much pressure on men. It has become the women's world and men are just mere spectators.
In Nigeria, young women are not expected to engage in hard labour while the lives of their male counterparts are endangered with all sorts of risky jobs.
At adulthood, a man will go through hell to be educated, secure a job, make money and build a home. He meets a beautiful young lady, proposes to her and they start a relationship.
The lady will never bring anything to support this young man. She may have a job but yet:
1. The man will be the one to pay all her bills
2. He may extend these financial responsibilities to her relatives
3. The man will almost beg on his kneels to enjoy 5 minutes sex
4. And what have you
I now want to ask our female folks:
1. Is it a sacrilage if you take your man out and settle the bills?
2. Are you the only one that go for 'shopping'?
3. What will happen if you use your own money sometimes and cook for everybody?
4. Are you the type that believes that the only potential in you is your vagina?
The average lifespan of a Nigerian man is now below 50 years. When all men die, let us see how you will cope without them.

2 Likes

Re: Why Does The Society Put So Much Pressure On Men? by Waspy(m): 10:35pm On Jun 30, 2014
it's men's world....... But it's OK, undecided it's non of my business if the Op is scared of responsibilities lipsrsealed
Re: Why Does The Society Put So Much Pressure On Men? by delishpot: 10:40pm On Jun 30, 2014
Shebi men call the shots in the relationships? Will you let the woman call the shots or will you share the power you weild as a man in africa with the woman? Will you do the chores? Will you stay at home while she frolicks with other men? Praying that God will bring her home? Is she allowed to pack your bags and send you back to your mom when she is angry? Will you be worshipping her mom and dad as she is doing yours just because she is lucky to have you? Will you agree for her to tell you to sit at home and select friends she wants to see around you? Are you ready to be half the man and half the woman and she also half the man and half the woman? As in 50/50 power share. If not, stop complaining you cant eat your cake and have it. Men were given so much power based on the fact that they do all what you listed.
Re: Why Does The Society Put So Much Pressure On Men? by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jun 30, 2014
^^ Surely, you are in bondage
Servitude I'd rather say.

Them never born that man/woman that will make me suffer that way in the name of marriage. sad
Re: Why Does The Society Put So Much Pressure On Men? by Lordabas: 10:54pm On Jun 30, 2014
Hmm
Re: Why Does The Society Put So Much Pressure On Men? by naijaboiy: 4:29am On Jul 01, 2014
Spreads mat
Re: Why Does The Society Put So Much Pressure On Men? by Blackvampire(m): 7:21am On Jul 01, 2014
dat no.3 ..... .. God 4bid i beg a woman 4 sex my huge ego won't let me do that nonsence i rather masturbate or pay 4 sex than beg 4 me..dat my opinion

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Society Put So Much Pressure On Men? by Polchiz(m): 7:28am On Jul 01, 2014
delishpot: Shebi men call the shots in the relationships? Will you let the woman call the shots or will you share the power you weild as a man in africa with the woman? Will you do the chores? Will you stay at home while she frolicks with other men? Praying that God will bring her home? Is she allowed to pack your bags and send you back to your mom when she is angry? Will you be worshipping her mom and dad as she is doing yours just because she is lucky to have you? Will you agree for her to tell you to sit at home and select friends she wants to see around you? Are you ready to be half the man and half the woman and she also half the man and half the woman? As in 50/50 power share. If not, stop complaining you cant eat your cake and have it. Men were given so much power based on the fact that they do all what you listed.
It is your moral responsibilities to show your man respect not just because he is your ATM. What happens if he loses all the money or gets sacked from his job? End of relationship or marriage right?
My friend, we are looking for a wife and NOT a liability.
Re: Why Does The Society Put So Much Pressure On Men? by Polchiz(m): 7:35am On Jul 01, 2014
Waspy: it's men's world....... But it's OK, undecided it's non of my business if the Op is scared of responsibilities lipsrsealed
It is your type that will marry a liability for a wife and once you stumble financially, she will look for the next available ATM.
Be wise!!! It is a mutual relationship and NOT parasitism.
Re: Why Does The Society Put So Much Pressure On Men? by delishpot: 9:31am On Jul 01, 2014
Polchiz:
It is your moral responsibilities to show your man respect not just because he is your ATM. What happens if he loses all the money or gets sacked from his job? End of relationship or marriage right?
My friend, we are looking for a wife and NOT a liability.

And why do you think men are morally respected by women? In those days men go to war, risk life and limbs to hunt for food, herd cattle and risk lives protecting community properties. You think they got all that warrior honor by pushing the women out to hunt, and defend the villages once in a while? Lol, men of old deserve all the honor they can get. Even the women too who stay back and care for the home front while thr men were gone. But, the men deserve more glory.
Ngwanu look for your type of woman na. I am sure they are plenty and you can find her. The one that will hussle while her man sits back to enjoy her labour and demand respect.
If you no get money to dine her, tell her I am sure a lot of women who have will say never mind lets go.
All in all sha You guys have decided to hate on women so you do not realize that lots of girls today still give money to their broke bfs, cook for bfs and even pay rents for bf, but in the end after chopping and cleaning mouths she is kicked out to the curb and called cheap! a babe who spends to keep her man.
That is the point, when a babe isnt sure about a mans intention she does not let him chop down and chop her money at the same time for fear of breakup cos as naija man na, man cant live by bread alone or egwusi alone. Varriety is the spice of life for typical naija man.
Sidon there dey say you deserve respect just because you carry prick.

And by the way, a man who does his best to provide for his family deserves respect, a man who guides his home with love and respect, deserves respect, a man who is kind deserves respect. Only a bad woman will disrespect her good husband when he goes broke or sick or has other problems. Such a wife will be rude to anyone outside too not just to her husband. And if you open your eyes to marry a woman who is rude to gateman, house help, beggars in the street, hawker etc you are stupid. Cos all it takes is for you to go broke and she sees you like one of those non entities you were watching her insult while you were dating.
A man who is lazy and rude and uncaring need not look for respect. He deserves non. And should get non. If he thinks he deserves respect just just because he gat balls and straw, they should be removed. We dont need such men in our midst they shame what men stand for. They should be castrated and mixed with the females.

Shuo, I don over react here o. Hunger don come.
Re: Why Does The Society Put So Much Pressure On Men? by ERTHAENIGMA(m): 9:35am On Jul 01, 2014
Smh
Re: Why Does The Society Put So Much Pressure On Men? by Nobody: 2:08am On Jul 02, 2014
ding dong ding !
Re: Why Does The Society Put So Much Pressure On Men? by scribble: 8:39am On Jul 02, 2014
delishpot:

And why do you think men are morally respected by women? In those days men go to war, risk life and limbs to hunt for food, herd cattle and risk lives protecting community properties. You think they got all that warrior honor by pushing the women out to hunt, and defend the villages once in a while? Lol, men of old deserve all the honor they can get. Even the women too who stay back and care for the home front while thr men were gone. But, the men deserve more glory.
Ngwanu look for your type of woman na. I am sure they are plenty and you can find her. The one that will hussle while her man sits back to enjoy her labour and demand respect.
If you no get money to dine her, tell her I am sure a lot of women who have will say never mind lets go.
All in all sha You guys have decided to hate on women so you do not realize that lots of girls today still give money to their broke bfs, cook for bfs and even pay rents for bf, but in the end after chopping and cleaning mouths she is kicked out to the curb and called cheap! a babe who spends to keep her man.
That is the point, when a babe isnt sure about a mans intention she does not let him chop down and chop her money at the same time for fear of breakup cos as naija man na, man cant live by bread alone or egwusi alone. Varriety is the spice of life for typical naija man.
Sidon there dey say you deserve respect just because you carry prick.

And by the way, a man who does his best to provide for his family deserves respect, a man who guides his home with love and respect, deserves respect, a man who is kind deserves respect. Only a bad woman will disrespect her good husband when he goes broke or sick or has other problems. Such a wife will be rude to anyone outside too not just to her husband. And if you open your eyes to marry a woman who is rude to gateman, house help, beggars in the street, hawker etc you are stupid. Cos all it takes is for you to go broke and she sees you like one of those non entities you were watching her insult while you were dating.
A man who is lazy and rude and uncaring need not look for respect. He deserves non. And should get non. If he thinks he deserves respect just just because he gat balls and straw, they should be removed. We dont need such men in our midst they shame what men stand for. They should be castrated and mixed with the females.

Shuo, I don over react here o. Hunger don come.

well put...bear in mind..i bring home 7 to 10 figures a year, and take care of my husband responsibilities, then im entitled to keep as many mistresses as i can handle...

she can go shopping for all i care
Re: Why Does The Society Put So Much Pressure On Men? by delishpot: 12:13pm On Jul 02, 2014
scribble:

well put...bear in mind..i bring home 7 to 10 figures a year, and take care of my husband responsibilities, then im entitled to keep as many mistresses as i can handle...

she can go shopping for all i care

Dont men do that anyway? Na new thing? Even the drunk ones sef that brings home no figure still takes from wife by forrce to go carry women and drink shepke!
My bros say man go sleep with woman outside matrimony no be threat for naija wives o, na way of life for most naija wives. They only pray that he will not eat EFO riro for there. Why the hell do you tgink our churches are full of women who are praying against strange women grin to die by fire?
Do you think wives dont know that their men play games?
Even society doesnt frown at it. The woman will be tagged stupid if she even leaves the man based on infidelity. They will ask if he doesnt feed her and train the kids. If she says he does, they will say then why are you leaving? You want the girlfriend to take over your home? She will be encouraged to go back home.
On the other hand, a man that forgives a cheating wife is considered a fool, even if she was the best mom in the world.
Re: Why Does The Society Put So Much Pressure On Men? by scribble: 3:40pm On Jul 02, 2014
delishpot:

Dont men do that anyway? Na new thing? Even the drunk ones sef that brings home no figure still takes from wife by forrce to go carry women and drink shepke!
My bros say man go sleep with woman outside matrimony no be threat for naija wives o, na way of life for most naija wives. They only pray that he will not eat EFO riro for there. Why the hell do you tgink our churches are full of women who are praying against strange women grin to die by fire?
Do you think wives dont know that their men play games?
Even society doesnt frown at it. The woman will be tagged stupid if she even leaves the man based on infidelity. They will ask if he doesnt feed her and train the kids. If she says he does, they will say then why are you leaving? You want the girlfriend to take over your home? She will be encouraged to go back home.
On the other hand, a man that forgives a cheating wife is considered a fool, even if she was the best mom in the world.

efo riro seriously?

old wives tales abi

(1) (Reply)

A Poem To A Broken Heart. A True Life Story / Good Looking Guys = Arrogant? / How Will I Know Is Time To Get Married

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.