Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,760 members, 7,824,183 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Today - Health (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Today (24024 Views)

Lagos Doctors Begin Another Indefinite Strike / Medical Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Wednesday / Resident Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Action Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Today by phantom(m): 12:49pm On Jul 04, 2014
YourHealthlabs:

Nobody is asking you what u earn in dollars, exchange rates are not stagnant. They are subjective many factors.

Morever an Intern doc earns more than the figure you posted there if converted today. A resident earns almost as twice as that figure. Let's say it way it is.

If you are ignorant tell us, i'll give you a sound lecture on the goings-on in the health sector. It's a pity you've lost media monopoly. People are wiser

Take your last advice, you need it more.

oga a house officer does not earn up to 180k.a reg barely earns 205k. please say the truth. are you saying a pharmacist earns about 60k? cos that's what you are implying.
Re: Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Today by obanihi: 12:56pm On Jul 04, 2014
harmonyedwards:
Ignoramus!
What do u want to grow in 4 weeks from blood culture?!
Na iroko tree u won culture?!
#blatant display of ignorance!
harmonyedwards:
Ignoramus!
What do u want to grow in 4 weeks from blood culture?!
Na iroko tree u won culture?!
#blatant display of ignorance!
Buhahahahahahahahahahaha @iroko tree. No mind these JOHESU guys.

1 Like

Re: Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Today by drobadebayo: 1:02pm On Jul 04, 2014
Yourhealthlabs is a pathetic liar. Let him post the payslips since he wants to educate us. Post d "payslips" for all to see otherwise u remain a liar
Re: Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Today by harmonyedwards(m): 1:06pm On Jul 04, 2014
phantom: oga a house officer does not earn up to 180k.a reg barely earns 205k. please say the truth. are you saying a pharmacist earns about 60k? cos that's what you are implying.
Re: Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Today by harmonyedwards(m): 1:09pm On Jul 04, 2014
YourHealthlabs:

Nobody is asking you what u earn in dollars, exchange rates are not stagnant. They are subjective many factors.

Morever an Intern doc earns more than the figure you posted there if converted today. A resident earns almost as twice as that figure. Let's say it way it is.

If you are ignorant tell us, i'll give you a sound lecture on the goings-on in the health sector. It's a pity you've lost media monopoly. People are wiser

Take your last advice, you need it more.

Falsehood...
I dare you to the challenge u requested.
Starr the lecture...
I'll puncture holes through its contents and leave you for the masses to judge...
I am certain you wouldn't take this challenge.
A dollar is less than 170 naira...
but u can use 170.
You dont have to be scared doing the math... unless you wanna tell us your arithmethic is poor!
As for intern salary... it is even lower...
less than 900 dollars a month.
I use the dollars so people can compare with other climes if they wish...
ghana would not be far away to start with.
Re: Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Today by obanihi: 1:10pm On Jul 04, 2014
Shebi all these Mongols will post rubbish here about doctors here and when they fall sick they'll rush to see the same doctors they're dissing! Stupendous ignoramuses and bloody ass lickers. Na God go judge all of Una. undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Today by nobilis: 1:16pm On Jul 04, 2014
Mr Liar-YourHealthLabs, a blood culture result can be ready within 24 to 48 hours. But can also be read again some days later like 7 to 14 days.
But yóur lazy ass laboratory sci-attendants keep such results till 4 weeks, from what you have said. May God save us us from lazy people masquerading as hardworking people and demanding more pay. You don't even know how long it takes for blood culture results to show yet u're parading as a lab scientist.
https://www.healthtap.com/topics/how-long-does-it-normally-take-to-get-blood-culture-results-back

Secondly u say doctors are oppressing you people.
Okay. You guys are saintly and innocent.
So I wonder who it was that used to oppress resident pathologists and bar them from working in d labs.
I also wonder who it is that bars resident radiologists from reading and interpreting radiological investigations at the University of abuja teaching hospital.

1 Like

Re: Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Today by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jul 04, 2014
harmonyedwards:

Falsehood...
I dare you to the challenge u requested.
Starr the lecture...
I'll puncture holes through its contents and leave you for the masses to judge...
I am certain you wouldn't take this challenge.
A dollar is less than 170 naira...
but u can use 170.
You dont have to be scared doing the math... unless you wanna tell us your arithmethic is poor!
As for intern salary... it is even lower...
less than 900 dollars a month.
I use the dollars so people can compare with other climes if they wish...
ghana would not be far away to start with.

You use dollar fine, so it's no longer about relativity.You want to play the dollar game?

Why don't you tell Nigerians that the pharmacist can earn as much as $120,000 and a Scientist as much as $112,000 annually and that no resident abroad earn six-digits in dollars in other climes. Multiply those figures by your 170 and tell us how much it is.

It can't always be about you. Health system is multi-disciplinary.

Thank you.
Re: Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Today by drobadebayo: 1:33pm On Jul 04, 2014
YourHealthlabs:

You use dollar fine, so it's no longer about relativity.You want to play the dollar game?

Why don't you tell Nigerians that the pharmacist can earn as much as $120,000 and a Scientist as much as $112,000 annually and that no resident abroad earn six-digits in dollars in other climes. Multiply those figures by your 170 and tell us how much it is.

Thank you.

Dude go nd sleep,u no dey shame!Ahn Ahn they found you to be a liar in all your arguments,u d still come up with anoda one.
Well I already told u residents work 80-hrs/week in US.Compare ur 112000 dollars to american surgeons that makes 7figures(circa a million dollars).if u like have 100 years of experience,a radiographer won't earn as much as a radiologist,likewise d rest.Doctors will ALWAYS Earn higher than u guys becos dey work more nd deserve more,whateva country or setting.
Re: Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Today by harmonyedwards(m): 1:41pm On Jul 04, 2014
YourHealthlabs:

So how many days does your own blood culture take in those quack accredited labs your physician set up in private capacity. 24hrs?..

No wonder you fight the Med lab council when they come to accredit those quack labs where you collect money,manufacture Scientist's signature and release fake lab result cos you are a dokita.
Some of you are pure criminals.

Very funny...
Mind u... I work in a tertiary hospital.
I can educate u!
I do not have a private hospital; however when I do, no clown masquerading as a laboratory scientist would even be allowed to breathe near my hospital entrance, let alone deceiving him or herself with delusions of grandeur, that he or she intends to accredit my laboratory.
Where on earth is it heard of that an intellectually immature mind is solicited to veto the work of geniuses? Please tell me! I pray thee!
Re: Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Today by armadeo(m): 1:43pm On Jul 04, 2014
YourHealthlabs:

Again, like i told one of you on this forum,it is not about your personal opinion. Scientists work into the night taking calls, it is a global thing. That's the standard, you can keep your beliefs it is not relevant here...Sir.

I still maintain my stand on those figures and i'm not very far from the truth.

Finally the Science of Allopathic Medicine can not be relegated for Allopathic Medicine. One is as important as the other.

Thank you.

it means my center doesnt practice international standards as youb are all crying about. lets put that aside.

your figures are wrong, nobody has agreed to earning such amounts.

med lab is under medicine it is what it is grin grin

YourHealthlabs:

I obey the law, we are both under the law, but NMA continually flout court orders with unwarranted show of bravado.
In a sane society, physicians enjoy the empathy of people as they hardly break laws but you will agree with me that you are losing that empathy, the signs are there for us to see.
This is the first time NLC, TUC and general populace are standing up to physicians, don't you think something is wrong somewhere?, In some countries, teachers, oil workers and miners go on strike in lieu of physicians to press for doctor's rights.

On the University tertiary Act. The "medically qualified" is the term in contention as many school of thought believe that it does not refer to physicians alone in a multidisciplinary sector. JOHESU have gone to court, they've also referred to global best practices about who is qualified to become CMD, health ministers, and other portfolios that physicians greedily sit on.
Modern healthcare practice didn't start here in Nigeria. Let's conform to practices that carry everyone along.

You can't hold any educated group of professionals down for long. It has never worked and it won't work here in Nigeria.

physicians haven't lost the peoples empathy they are only beginning to understand your demands and many are really surprised.

NLC and TUC lets see how that plays out.

the law as you always scream you are under specifically stated those whom are "medically qualified " for the role of CMD. Why are you peeps trying to distort reality.

finally the health practices have always carried every member along its just some people don't want to be confined to the roles which their training as already confined them to. Go figure.

YourHealthlabs:

Thank you.

you still quoted the difference between the resident and the ho. not more than 20k by my estimation. leave that LIE out of your stories. Besides i thought this was about patient care not about earnings?

edited: i see you have been called a LIAR, can you prove otherwise.
Re: Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Today by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jul 04, 2014
nobilis: Mr Liar-YourHealthLabs, a blood culture result can be ready within 24 to 48 hours. But can also be read again some days later like 7 to 14 days.
But yóur lazy ass laboratory sci-attendants keep such results till 4 weeks, from what you have said. May God save us us from lazy people masquerading as hardworking people and demanding more pay. You don't even know how long it takes for blood culture results to show yet u're parading as a lab scientist.
https://www.healthtap.com/topics/how-long-does-it-normally-take-to-get-blood-culture-results-back

Secondly u say doctors are oppressing you people.
Okay. You guys are saintly and innocent.
So I wonder who it was that used to oppress resident pathologists and bar them from working in d labs.
I also wonder who it is that bars resident radiologists from reading and interpreting radiological investigations at the University of abuja teaching hospital.

Hahaha...you're looking for loopholes, because i revealed how our poorly trained doc write 'very very very very urgent' on Culture investigations as if it is a 15 mins pcv.

Blood culture 'prelim/provisional results' 'can' be released after 48 hours of incubation but the FINAL RESULT CAN'T be released before then. It is more of a continous study within time. Your 'very very urgent' can't work in situation like that especially in our 1star labs.

Now, if you release a result after 48 hours and find a growth after 2 weeks of frequent subcultures of your BHI what happens then?. Blame the Scientist for not reporting a growth before it happened? as you alway do for your errors....you should think.

Blood culture is a costly test and takes FREQUENT SUBCULTURE and STUDY to achieve a final result and then close your Result booklet after documentation. So that Scientist can't be said to be lazy. He should be paid for the frequent study, even if you are contented with the 'P-result' which is not FINAL.
You should pay me for this free lessons

For your last p-graph. It is not worthy of a reply. I've thrashed them before.
Re: Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Today by harmonyedwards(m): 1:54pm On Jul 04, 2014
YourHealthlabs:

Thank you.

another display of ignorance!
Kindly post your source.
you also mentioned "scientists". Kindly clarify. Are u trying to group medical lab TECHNOLOGISTS under this umbrella?!
Forget that u modified the nomenclature over the years, borrowing the 'scientist' appellation. For all I care, a battery charger is also a scientist... at least he works with chemicals; the motor mechanic is also one... down to the most junior apprentice.
Do the lab scientists even understand the principles behind the tests they carry out; or they just follow some form of prescribed algorithm (designed by doctors, mind you) to carry out these tests?
I wouldn't blame you...
its because we have a government whose key actors are good examples of ignoramuses ambulating on 2 limbs...
members of the same plumage flock together, that's why they (government) are more in tune with you...JOHESU.
I still await you to provide evidence for the figures you quoted.
I can bet with one of my gluteus maximus that you are wrong!
Re: Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Today by phantom(m): 2:00pm On Jul 04, 2014
my fellow docs please let us try as much as possible to put points across without insults.even when we are insulted let us try as much as possible not to do the same. let us calmly put our arguenents out there in front of the public. some of the allied professionals here are have shown some maturity and civility. yourhealthlabs and bumfem particularly. let us argue with maturity please. I call on both camps to give their opinions with civility and furnish links when they can thanks.

3 Likes

Re: Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Today by harmonyedwards(m): 2:02pm On Jul 04, 2014
YourHealthlabs:

Hahaha...you're looking for loopholes, because i revealed how our poorly trained doc write 'very very very very urgent' on Culture investigations as if it is a 15 mins pcv.

Blood culture 'prelim/provisional results' 'can' be released after 48 hours of incubation but the FINAL RESULT CAN'T be released before then. It is more of a continous study within time. Your 'very very urgent' can't work in situation like especially in our 1star labs.

Now, if you release a result after 48 hours and find a growth after 2 weeks of frequent subcultures of your BHI what happens then?. Blame the Scientist for not reporting a growth before it happened? as you alway do for your errors....you should think.

Blood culture is a costly test and takes FREQUENT SUBCULTURE and STUDY to achieve a final result and then close your Result booklet after documentation. So that Scientist can't be said to be lazy. He should be paid for the frequent study, even if you are contented with the 'P-result' which is not FINAL.
You should pay me for this free lessons

For your last p-graph. It is not worthy of a reply. I've thrashed them before.

Let me re-educate you so u for the safety of the masses...
Once u culture for more than 1 week and begin to grow NEW organisms, you most likely are culturing those in your dirty laboratory air and workbenches.
I as a doctor would not alter my treatment protocol because of that, neither would any doctor do, even if he's the dullest one.
Till date, the only group of organisms that take long to grow on APPROPRIATE agar are the non specific ones... Mycobacterium spp, chlamydia, mycoplasma, etc. Which may take up to 6 weeks for tb. Thats why we do our immunofluorescence assays, afb and mantoux!
You can culture your blood specimen for however long you wish... probably someday, the red blood cells would germinate!

1 Like

Re: Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Today by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jul 04, 2014
harmonyedwards:

Very funny...
Mind u... I work in a tertiary hospital.
I can educate u!
I do not have a private hospital; however when I do, no clown masquerading as a laboratory scientist would even be allowed to breathe near my hospital entrance, let alone deceiving him or herself with delusions of grandeur, that he or she intends to accredit my laboratory.
Where on earth is it heard of that an intellectually immature mind is solicited to veto the work of geniuses? Please tell me! I pray thee!

Hahaha...Your fears are understandable, many of you were opening fake drugs shops in hospitals before the pharmacists harrased and paraded you before the law after throwing you the books and asking to memorize PCN concil act. That nonsense has abated

Same is gonna happen in our laboratories, we can't allow you to keep swindling our patients with fake lab results conducted by quacks parading as Scientists. You can be greater than Einstein, your biz..but you must be SUBJECTED to the LAW.

Grab an Med lab. Council Act and start memorizing it, it is Federal law. You can't be greater than the Nigerians that adopted it and the President that signed it.
You are a NOBODY under the LAWS of the land. Quote me.
The MLSCouncil will do it's Job, whether you exist as a genius or a dreg.

1 Like

Re: Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Today by drobadebayo: 2:07pm On Jul 04, 2014
Since Yourhealthlabs is so interested in international standards in which he had displayed paucity of knowledge. It's time for a Lil education in that American system he likes so much.
Highest paying nurse job is being a Nurse anaesthetisist-top salary is $135k in california(the best place to practise nursing)

http://nursinglink.monster.com/education/articles/2626-top-10-highest-paying-nursing-specialties

Top salary for lab scientists-$105k

http://money.cnn.com/pf/best-jobs/2012/snapshots/48.html

Pharmacists-$133k

http://money.cnn.com/gallery/pf/2012/11/01/top-paying-jobs/8.html

Physiotherapists-$115k in Las vegas(best place to practise PT if ur in it for the money)

Doctors-Surgeons are the highest paid workers in US.The least paid doctors are the pediatricians
Orthopedic surgeons average $464k and pediatricians $170k(not even as low as the highest paid nurse)
Am sure u hear of surgeons that make million dollars and more.

http://www.forbes.com/pictures/fefi45jmhh/no-1-orthopedic-surgery-7/

Now that's relativity,which we should apply in Nigeria since its international standards
Re: Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Today by armadeo(m): 2:08pm On Jul 04, 2014
harmonyedwards:

Kindly post your source.
you also mentioned "scientists". Kindly clarify. Are u trying to group medical lab TECHNOLOGISTS under this umbrella?!
Forget that u modified the nomenclature over the years, borrowing the 'scientist' appellation. For all I care, a battery charger is also a scientist... at least he works with chemicals; the motor mechanic is also one... down to the most junior apprentice.
Do the lab scientists even understand the principles behind the tests they carry out; or they just follow some form of prescribed algorithm (designed by doctors, mind you) to carry out these tests?
I wouldn't blame you...
its because we have a government whose key actors are good examples of ignoramuses ambulating on 2 limbs...
members of the same plumage flock together, that's why they (government) are more in tune with you...JOHESU.

i refused to comment on the scientist issue as Nigerians are known for their love of titles. you have corrected that issue. thats how some people are calling themselves medical imaging technologist. i have to tell my photographer to call himself image reproducing specialist.

i also bet my left gluteus that he is wrong. i'll also throw in the right for what its worth.

helathlabs guy its poker and your hand has been called!!!!!!
Re: Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Today by armadeo(m): 2:14pm On Jul 04, 2014
phantom: my fellow docs please let us try as much as possible to put points across without insults.even when we are insulted let us try as much as possible not to do the same. let us calmly put our arguenents out there in front of the public. some of the allied professionals here are have shown some maturity and civility. yourhealthlabs and bumfem particularly. let us argue with maturity please. I call on both camps to give their opinions with civility and furnish links when they can thanks.

i completely agree as pained as i am. i agree the healthlabs guy has shown maturity. though i still await his response on some issues.
Re: Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Today by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jul 04, 2014
harmonyedwards:

Let me re-educate you so u for the safety of the masses...
Once u culture for more than 1 week and begin to grow NEW organisms, you most likely are culturing those in your dirty laboratory air and workbenches.
I as a doctor would not alter my treatment protocol because of that, neither would any doctor do, even if he's the dullest one.
Till date, the only group of organisms that take long to grow on APPROPRIATE agar are the non specific ones... Mycobacterium spp, chlamydia, mycoplasma, etc. Which may take up to 6 weeks for tb. Thats why we do our immunofluorescence assays, afb and mantoux!
You can culture your blood specimen for however long you wish... probably someday, the red blood cells would germinate!

Mr doctor, there are scientific methods of differentiating pure growths from contaminants in lab.
If i see a growth after a week of incubation on L-J media, i'll document my results and send it out. Whatever you do with your result is your prerogative. We document for refrence too.

We've seen doctors sending patients to the lab to get a result that was done months ago.

I'll do mine following best procedures and document appropriately.

1 Like

Re: Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Today by armadeo(m): 4:02pm On Jul 04, 2014
YourHealthlabs:

Mr doctor, there are scientific methods of differentiating pure growths from contaminants in lab.
If i see a growth after a week of incubation on L-J media, i'll document my results and send it out. Whatever you do with your result is prerogative. We document for refrence too.

We've seen doctors sending patients to the lab to get a result that was done months ago.

I'll do mine following best procedures and document appropriately.

yourhealthlabs as i have mentioned before you sound like a conscientious individual that isn't because of your training its just who you are.

no one is arguing with your methods of work or your place in the scheme of things you sound smart, is that what this JOHESU stuff is about your work or rather what you have been trained to do.

really man what does JOHESU want according to international standards
Re: Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Today by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jul 04, 2014
drobadebayo: Since Yourhealthlabs is so interested in international standards in which he had displayed paucity of knowledge. It's time for a Lil education in that American system he likes so much.
Highest paying nurse job is being a Nurse anaesthetisist-top salary is $135k in california(the best place to practise nursing)

http://nursinglink.monster.com/education/articles/2626-top-10-highest-paying-nursing-specialties

Top salary for lab scientists-$105k

http://money.cnn.com/pf/best-jobs/2012/snapshots/48.html

Pharmacists-$133k

http://money.cnn.com/gallery/pf/2012/11/01/top-paying-jobs/8.html

Physiotherapists-$115k in Las vegas(best place to practise PT if ur in it for the money)

Doctors-Surgeons are the highest paid workers in US.The least paid doctors are the pediatricians
Orthopedic surgeons average $464k and pediatricians $170k(not even as low as the highest paid nurse)
Am sure u hear of surgeons that make million dollars and more.

http://www.forbes.com/pictures/fefi45jmhh/no-1-orthopedic-surgery-7/

Now that's relativity,which we should apply in Nigeria since its international standards

I do not disagree with you. If u notice i have been hammering on intern and resident docs salary with other experienced health professionals.
The problem i have is an intern doc and resident earning more than an experienced Pharmacist, Scientists physios. It is not justifiable.
Re: Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Today by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jul 04, 2014
harmonyedwards:

Kindly post your source.
I wouldn't blame you...

Like i once mentioned, your Nigerian Law calls them Medical Lab Scientists or Scientist.ref MLSCN act. Section 4, 24

In U.S.A, it is Clinical Laboratory Scientists.

In Aussie, they are Medical Scientist
In U.K...it is Biomedical Scientist

The Nigerian Med lab curriculum equips you with principle of every lab proceedure. For instance I know that gram negative organisms possess thin peptidoglycan walls and therefore won't hold stains during gram proceedures, with this knowlege i can improvise, manipulate and draw out efficient methodology in the lab without compromising result quality. That's what makes me a Functional Scientist. Only a Scientist has this training.

A Scientist in UBTH have developed a diffent method of diagnosis in Parasitology, we were taught that during AIMLS conferences and CPD.

Finally, i don't care what you call me, it's not important. I care about what the LAW calls me.

Arriverderci.

*forgive my typos peeps, i'm in a hurry now*

1 Like

Re: Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Today by harmonyedwards(m): 4:32pm On Jul 04, 2014
YourHealthlabs:

Hahaha...Your fears are understandable, many of you were opening fake drugs shops in hospitals before the pharmacists harrased and paraded you before the law after throwing you the books and asking to memorize PCN concil act. That nonsense has abated

Same is gonna happen in our laboratories, we can't allow you to keep swindling our patients with fake lab results conducted by quacks parading as Scientists. You can be greater than Einstein, your biz..but you must SUBJECTED to the LAW.

Grab an Med lab. Council Act and start memorizing it, it is Federal law. You can't greatet than the Nigerians that adopted it and the President that signed it.
You are a NOBODY under the LAWS of the land. Quote me.
The MLSCouncil will do it's Job, whether you exist as a genius or a dreg.

I laff in yoruba!!!
It's no use wasting calories on your case.
Just look deep within...
I'm sure the truth lurks within...
No matter how you try to mask it from the rest of the world.
Re: Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Today by armadeo(m): 4:35pm On Jul 04, 2014
YourHealthlabs:

Like i once mentioned, your Nigerian Law calls them Medical Lab Scientists or Scientist.ref MLSCN act. Section 4, 24

In U.S.A, it is Clinical Laboratory Scientists.

In Aussie, they are Medical Scientist
In U.K...it is Biomedical Scientist

The Nigerian Med lab curriculum equips you with principle of every lab proceedure. For instance I know that gram negative organisms possess thin peptidoglycan walls and therefore won't hold stains during gram proceedures, with this knowlege i can improvise, manipulate and draw out efficient methodology in the lab without compromising result quality. That's what makes me a Functional Scientist. Only a Scientist has this training.

A Scientist in UBTH have developed a diffent method of diagnosis in Parasitology, we were taught that during AIMLS conferences and CPD.

Finally, i don't care what you call me, it's not important. I care about what the LAW calls me.

Arriverderci.

*forgive my typos peeps, i'm in a hurry now*

typos allowed i get your point.

no need to get into the nitty gritty of your job description what it entails is lab science, i don't need to educate you on what a specialist microbiologist does do i.

no one said you are indispensable but the issue is stick to your job description that's all.

i repeat no Dr is against your progression to Msc phd microbiology even professor in an academic setting its your field. lets say the truth.
Re: Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Today by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jul 04, 2014
harmonyedwards:

I laff in yoruba!!!
It's no use wasting calories on your case.
Just look deep within...
I'm sure the truth lurks within...
No matter how you try to mask it from the rest of the world.

When you succeed in abrogating the law so that you can't call me a Scientist then you'll be right.
Till then you call me tech, i can call u a wardman, only those who feel insecure will bw fazed, they are all titles, our thoughts are not more important than the law.

I don't know what the law calls Surgeons in Nigeria in the to MDCN act, but they are addressed as 'Mr' in some advanced countries. You can educate us in that respect.

Thanks.
Re: Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Today by drobadebayo: 5:05pm On Jul 04, 2014
YourHealthlabs:

I do not disagree with you. If u notice i have been hammering on intern and resident docs salary with other experienced health professionals.
The problem i have is an intern doc and resident earning more than an experienced Pharmacist, Scientists physios. It is not justifiable.

Wasn't expecting u to agree,but United States does,forbes does,cnn does.so u really don't need to agree.
Plus u ve failed to prove ur idea of interns nd residents earning more Dan dose people u mentioned. We r still waiting for dose payslips from you.
Re: Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Today by drobadebayo: 5:14pm On Jul 04, 2014
YourHealthlabs:

When you succeed in abrogating the law so you accurately call me a Scientist then you'll be right.
Till then you call me tech, i can call u a wardman, only those who feel insecure will bw fazed, they are all titles, our thoughts are not more important than the law.

I don't know what the law calls Surgeons in Nigeria in the to MDCN act, but they are addressed as 'Mr' in some advanced countries. You can educate us in that respect.

Thanks.
Payslips

1 Like

Re: Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Today by princenonny(m): 5:20pm On Jul 04, 2014
@yourhealthlabs, obi4eze and all the other johesuans in he house I just want to tell you guys, no matter how much you try to misinform about drs I just want to say that A BUTTERFLY CAN NEVER BE A BIRD. You cannot become a doctor or a consultant through the backdoor. I await your counter strike next week cos it will only push the federal govt to privatise teaching hospitals and guess wat....
1) 90% of drs wud be retained n paid fully
2) 40% of nurses would be retained (cos the other 60% don't hv bsc nursing cos they all went to so called 'nursing school)
3) 60% of pharmacists would be retained the rest will go n open pharmacies
4) 5 % of lab rats like @yourhealthlabs and obi4eze will be retained cos the owners of the hospital will just buy autoanalysers everywhere and rendered ur services useless
5) All the porters would be sacked and porting will be contracted
6) 99.5% of medical records personel will be sacked cos their jobs will be taken over by technology.

In the end drs will win and residency program will be smoother cos more consultants will be needed to meet the demand of the nigerian population.

1 Like

Re: Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Today by princenonny(m): 5:23pm On Jul 04, 2014
@yourhealthlabs, obi4eze and all the other johesuans in the house I just want to tell you guys, no matter how much you try to misinform the public about drs I just want to say that A BUTTERFLY CAN NEVER BE A BIRD. You cannot become a doctor or a consultant through the backdoor. I await your counter strike next week cos it will only push the federal govt to privatise teaching hospitals and guess wat....
1) 90% of drs wud be retained n paid fully
2) 40% of nurses would be retained (cos the other 60% don't hv bsc nursing cos they all went to so called 'missionary 'schools)
3) 60% of pharmacists would be retained the rest will go n open pharmacies
4) 5 % of lab rats like @yourhealthlabs and obi4eze will be retained cos the owners of the hospital will just buy autoanalysers everywhere and rendered ur services useless
5) All the porters would be sacked and porting will be contracted
6) 99.5% of medical records personel will be sacked cos their jobs will be taken over by technology.

In the end drs will win and residency program will be smoother cos more consultants will be needed to meet the demand of the nigerian population.
Re: Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Today by armadeo(m): 5:24pm On Jul 04, 2014
YourHealthlabs:

When you succeed in abrogating the law so you accurately call me a Scientist then you'll be right.

Thanks.

i have said before you are smart and conscientious do not allow the primitive nature of grabbing power to affect you as shown by the so called leaders of johesu, its all a grab at what isn't theirs in the first place.
surgeons are called Drs in Nigeria i know of profs who also prefer that title of Dr not prof

in other climes I am well aware that MDs bear the title Mr. nothing for/against that
phd holders are also called Drs, have you heard that MDCN ever said that the title Dr should be should be restricted to only medical Drs. NO!!!

The consultancy role is what is in play here.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Is There A Cure For Dandruff? / Dangote, Access Bank To Provide 1000-Bed Facility To Combact Coronavirus / Safe Home Remedies For Yellow Teeth#dentist Directive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.