Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,118 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:15 AM

Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Today - Health (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Today (24005 Views)

Lagos Doctors Begin Another Indefinite Strike / Medical Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Wednesday / Resident Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Action Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Today by drobadebayo: 11:36pm On Jul 03, 2014
Smooth278:

Pls can you use the same source for all your links... same source and same state; I'm sure if you do that some issues will be resolved..
Degree nurse http://www.indeed.com/salary?q1=degree+nurse&l1=florida

Pharmacist http://www.indeed.com/salary?q1=pharmacist&l1=florida

Physiotherapist http://www.indeed.com/salary?q1=Physiotherapist&l1=florida

Laboratory scientist http://www.indeed.com/salary?q1=laboratory+scientist&l1=florida

Resident doctor http://www.indeed.com/salary?q1=resident+doctor&l1=florida

This is a much better comparison using the same site and the same state... shalom
Help me tell him oo.
look at it like dis in a very simple way.Nurses and pharms bla bla,usually work less hours Dan docs,@least u ll agree with me on dat.dere z no way an employer will pay nurses nd Co more dn docs who work longer hours.its that simple.Then again I agree with u US residents(only US),"might" be paid lesser depending on how long nurses and Co work and where(residents hv a maximum number of hours dey work in US,80hrs/week) and it's d norm in nigeria too,i knw matrons earn more dn residents for sure.
Re: Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Today by Nobody: 7:21am On Jul 04, 2014
Smooth278:

Pls can you use the same source for all your links... same source and same state; I'm sure if you do that some issues will be resolved..
Degree nurse http://www.indeed.com/salary?q1=degree+nurse&l1=florida

Pharmacist http://www.indeed.com/salary?q1=pharmacist&l1=florida

Physiotherapist http://www.indeed.com/salary?q1=Physiotherapist&l1=florida

Laboratory scientist http://www.indeed.com/salary?q1=laboratory+scientist&l1=florida

Resident doctor http://www.indeed.com/salary?q1=resident+doctor&l1=florida

This is a much better comparison using the same site and the same state... shalom

It will be unfair to use just one state as a prototype as needs and demands differ from state to state. An average national wage will suffice.

The relativity of resident/Pharmacists etc salary does not favour residents nationally in the U.S.

In the few states where it does it is not as high as 300% which is what is obtainable in Nigeria.

In Nigeria residents earn the total cummulative salaries of a pharmacist+Scientist-Nurse. It is not justifiable.
Re: Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Today by drobadebayo: 8:46am On Jul 04, 2014
YourHealthlabs:

It will be unfair to use just one state as a prototype as needs and demands differ from state to state. An average national wage will suffice.

The relativity of resident/Pharmacists etc salary does not favour residents nationally in the U.S.

In the few states where it does it is not as high as 300% which is what is obtainable in Nigeria.

In Nigeria residents earn the total cummulative salaries of a pharmacist+Scientist-Nurse. It is not justifiable.
Do u hv proof for Wat ur saying sir?that residents in nigeria make cumulative salaries of a pharmacist,scientist nd a matron.because den individually dey ll be making around 90k each which is a big fat lie.a friend just finished internship in physio,it was den I realised d difference between an intern doc nd physio is like 30k.wen intern docs work longer dn physio.
Please stop misleading people by making up figures!!!300percent,i wish!
Refer ur self to CONMESS,conhess etc u ll be shocked.And stop making up statistics to suit ur argument.Holla if u need d documents,u clearly dunno about wages.
Re: Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Today by phantom(m): 9:08am On Jul 04, 2014
how is it possible for a resident to earn cumulative salaries of pharma nurses and lab techs for gods sake? why these type of lies just to get public sympathy? na wa o. johesu really know how to play dirty.
Re: Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Today by Nobody: 9:16am On Jul 04, 2014
The Salary payslips are there for all to see. An Intern doc earns more than 200k, Intern Pharmacists earns about 117,000, Intern Scientists earn about 107,000(even though they do calls).
During residency the figure almost doubles in favour of docs.

The payslips are not secret or classified documents.
Re: Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Today by armadeo(m): 9:22am On Jul 04, 2014
YourHealthlabs:

Once again its all about money. I wish you knew eaht the average resident earns or medical officer and you say cumulative salaries. My God.
Re: Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Today by armadeo(m): 9:24am On Jul 04, 2014
YourHealthlabs: The Salary payslips are there for all to see. An Intern doc earns more than 200k, Intern Pharmacists earns about 117,000, Intern Scientists earn about 107,000(even though they do calls).

Not in my center. A registrar doesn't even earn what you claim an intern earns. Secondly a large bulk of the money making the difference is call duty. Third scientist take calls? Are you certain its not rotation shift with off days? Pls clarify. Thanks
Re: Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Today by drobadebayo: 9:26am On Jul 04, 2014
YourHealthlabs: The Salary payslips are there for all to see. An Intern doc earns more than 200k, Intern Pharmacists earns about 117,000, Intern Scientists earn about 107,000(even though they do calls).

Whattttttttt.dude u are a liar.a very big one.i did internship too bro,200keducate ur self nd stop embarrassing urself.pls show us the payslips sir
Re: Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Today by Nobody: 9:33am On Jul 04, 2014
armadeo:

Not in my center. A registrar doesn't even earn what you claim an intern earns. Secondly a large bulk of the money making the difference is call duty. Third scientist take calls? Are you certain its not rotation shift with off days? Pls clarify. Thanks

If you don't know that Scientists take calls. Then i'm sorry you are not qualified to be engaged in an arguement.

A typical Scientist workday starts at 8am-4pm, he then stays on during call running the blood bank, Chemistry e.t.c till the next morning then continues work with his colleagues till 4pm. Only the Techicians and Assistants do shifts in lab.

Med lab Science is not inferior to medicine and vice versa.

Good morning.
Re: Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Today by drobadebayo: 9:37am On Jul 04, 2014
This guy is soo ignorant.nd he keeps hammering on his lies.He clearly doesn't know a thing about wages.if u dunno try and learn from those who know. Stop lying to the public to get their sympathy. That's what doctors neva do,we don't lobby bullshit.we state facts nd facts alone.
Re: Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Today by Nobody: 9:39am On Jul 04, 2014
drobadebayo:
Whattttttttt.dude u are a liar.a very big one.i did internship too bro,200keducate ur self nd stop embarrassing urself.pls show us the payslips sir

In some state hospitals it is generally lesser in Federal hospitals especially the north it is higher. Do your research sir.

I duno when u did yours, but i'm talking about what's obtainable as we chat.
Re: Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Today by drobadebayo: 9:44am On Jul 04, 2014
YourHealthlabs:

If you don't know that Scientists take calls. Then i'm sorry you are not qualified to be engaged in an arguement.

A typical Scientist workday starts at 8am-4pm, he then stays on during call running the blood bank, Chemistry e.t.c till the next morning then continues work with his colleagues till 4pm. Only the Techicians and Assistants do shifts in lab.

Good morning.
Patients won't agree with u.u send them to the lab but they hv to wait till morning because u guys are not around.same thing with blood bank.Calls indeed.
Re: Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Today by drobadebayo: 9:47am On Jul 04, 2014
YourHealthlabs:

In some state hospitals it is generally lesser in Federal hospitals especially the north it is higher. Do your research sir.

I duno when u did yours, but i'm talking about what's obtainable as we chat.
Bro there is nowhere interns earn 200k even with rural allowance,do u knw dey v removed teaching allowance nd some others.my friend jst finished internship in physio,his basic salary without allowances was 132k.why don't u jst show us d payslips sir
Re: Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Today by nobilis: 9:50am On Jul 04, 2014

Please get a picture of these payslips and post them here for everyone to see. Stop telling cheap lies to deceive the gullible layman out there. There is no hospital in Nigeria where intern docs earn up to 200k. If there is, call the name of the hospital now, let's start making inquiries. Try and be objective. Cheap lies will get you nothing. Since the payslips are not secret documents, show everyone let us all see.

I know doctors who are doing internship right now as we speak. Their salaries is nowhere close to 200k. All liars and sons of the devil. The bible said so.

When people start twisting facts to suit their arguments, I totally stop trying to reason with them.
You are now resorting to cheap lies. Have a wonderful day, young man.

1 Like

Re: Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Today by armadeo(m): 9:52am On Jul 04, 2014
YourHealthlabs:

Good morning.

Not qualified to be engaged in an argument. Dude!!
Coming from you I am disappointed.
I
Back to topic. Maybe where ever u are you take calls I can categorically tell you where I am u run shifts. Shikena!!!
Again about the funds. There is usually a difference from one center to another in terms of final pay but I can aauure you that if that difference occurs in your center it occurs in mine.

I still don't agree on the figures you have quoted cos I have colleagues from all over the country with whom I have compared payslips on occasion. Your figures are wrong or at best falsified to make a point. No one of the ranks you stated earns that amount.

Finally medicine encompasses med lab science. You cannot flip the coin and get any other picture. It is what it is.
Re: Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Today by Nobody: 10:01am On Jul 04, 2014
drobadebayo:
Patients won't agree with u.u send them to the lab but they hv to wait till morning because u guys are not around.same thing with blood bank.Calls indeed.

If an accident/ gunshot patient's sample comes from the casualty ward, a Scientist will tell the patient to wait till the next morning before running pcv, and analysing blood?, when he knows you are always ready to point fingers and blame the lab in the event of the patient's death?.Kai!...you are blatant liar Sir.

No trained Scientist will tell a patient to wait the next morning except it is a sample that requires 24-48 culture(which in most cases you'll have to prep media and are not emergency issues) If he does, he erred and deserves sanction.

I'm sure it is physicians like you that requests a blood culture investigation(a lenghty test that takes about 3-4weeks) and then writes 'very very very urgent' on it. We see stuffs like this all the time.
Re: Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Today by drobadebayo: 10:05am On Jul 04, 2014
YourHealthlabs:

If an accident/ gunshot patient's sample comes from the casualty ward, a Scientist will tell the patient to wait till the next morning before running pcv, and analysing blood?, when he knows you are always ready to point fingers and blame the lab in the event of the patient's death?.Kai!...you are blatant liar Sir.

No trained Scientist will tell a patient to wait the next morning except it is sample that requires 24-48 culture(which in most cases you'll to prep media are not emergency issues) If he does, he erred and deserves sanction.

I'm sure it is physicians like you that requests a blood culture investigation(a lenghty test that takes about 3-4weeks) and then writes 'very very very urgent' on it. We see stuffs like this all the time.

Bro I think every sane person knows who the liar is by now.Good luck with dem lies.Surely the lies won't increase ur salary cos that's what u guys care about.
Re: Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Today by armadeo(m): 10:07am On Jul 04, 2014
YourHealthlabs:

No trained Scientist will tell a patient to wait the next morning except it is sample that requires 24-48 culture(which in most cases you'll have to prep media and are not emergency issues) If he does, he erred and deserves sanction.

Let me assume you are a conscientious scientist. But the statement no trained scientist would ask a patient to wait smacks of delusions. It is a common practice. I have even seen where FBS and 2hpp patients are asked to come for results the next day. NNothing we never see for scientist hand.
Re: Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Today by drobadebayo: 10:09am On Jul 04, 2014
Now it's u guys against doctors.later it's gonna be u guys against one another wen d superiority battle starts between nurses,pharms,PTs,labs.its gonna be fun to watch.Again there is nowhere in the world u guys get more benefits than doctors,nd it's nt gonna start in our dear country.
Re: Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Today by nobilis: 10:12am On Jul 04, 2014
Continuing to argue with this guy, YourHealthLabs, is a waste of precious time. When he started out, he was quoting laws and acts and I felt that this is one guy that could be reasoned with because he deals with facts. But alas! I was grossly mistaken.
Even in his quoting laws and acts, he comfortably ignored quoting from the University Teaching Hospitals Act where it was stipulated that the chief medical directors of tertiary hospitals must be suitably medically qualified and also possess a suitable postgraduate medical qualification.

Now he is resorting to cheap lies in order to score cheap points. I don't blame him sha. His lies will catch up with him. Just like they caught up with barcanista and his referral to India craze.
Re: Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Today by armadeo(m): 10:12am On Jul 04, 2014
drobadebayo: Now it's u guys against doctors.later it's gonna be u guys against one another wen d superiority battle starts between nurses,pharms,PTs,labs.its gonna be fun to watch.Again there is nowhere in the world u guys get more benefits than doctors,nd it's nt gonna start in our dear country.

Seconded.
Re: Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Today by Nobody: 10:14am On Jul 04, 2014
armadeo:

Not qualified to be engaged in an argument. Dude!!
Coming from you I am disappointed.
I
Back to topic. Maybe where ever u are you take calls I can categorically tell you where I am u run shifts. Shikena!!!
Again about the funds. There is usually a difference from one center to another in terms of final pay but I can aauure you that if that difference occurs in your center it occurs in mine.

I still don't agree on the figures you have quoted cos I have colleagues from all over the country with whom I have compared payslips on occasion. Your figures are wrong or at best falsified to make a point. No one of the ranks you stated earns that amount.

Finally medicine encompasses med lab science. You cannot flip the coin and get any other picture. It is what it is.

Again, like i told one of you on this forum,it is not about your personal opinion. Scientists work into the night taking calls, it is a global thing. That's the standard, you can keep your beliefs it is not relevant here...Sir.

I still maintain my stand on those figures and i'm not very far from the truth.

Finally the Science of Allopathic Medicine can not be relegated for Allopathic Medicine. One is as important as the other.

Thank you.
Re: Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Today by drobadebayo: 10:17am On Jul 04, 2014
Don't mind dem docs,dey sure know how to lobby around consultant clinics wen dey or deir relatives get sick.nurses are experts in that tho,dey ll even come with uniforms. Later they ll say we r d same. bunch of liars,haters,nd doc wanna-be's.the fake doc dey r calling u outside hospital premises neva do u.
Re: Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Today by drobadebayo: 10:23am On Jul 04, 2014
Fellow docs,pls free dis guy. He talked so much about "payslips".Yet he hasn't shown us any despite how open nd free he claimed they are. He z nt to be taken serious. He has proven that beyond reasonable doubt
Re: Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Today by Nobody: 10:37am On Jul 04, 2014
armadeo:

Let me assume you are a conscientious scientist. But the statement no trained scientist would ask a patient to wait smacks of delusions. It is a common practice. I have even seen where FBS and 2hpp patients are asked to come for results the next day. NNothing we never see for scientist hand.

Listen up, every investigation has it's own procedure and turn-around-time in the laboratory. Some have a turn-around-time of as low as 15 mins (e.g pcv)and as high as and 3-4 weeks( e.g Blood culture). I'm not holding brief for any lazy unprofessional Scientist, nonchalant Physicians exists too.

But if i work in an understaffed medical laboratory that runs about 700 FBS a day, and the machine develops fault during QC ckeck and calibrations, of course i'll resort to Manual method and the turn-around-time of the result definitely skyrockets. In cases like this i'll look at the urgency of the investigation guided by the provisional diagnosis and symptoms noted by the physician and then prioritize my samples. I may tell a routine patient to come back later for the result, considering the factors i mentioned earlier and i won't be wrong.

Patient's quality of result won't be affected but the time he'll have to wait may point a bit northwards. ACCURACY and PRECISION is very key.
It won't be beneficial to the patient to put so much pressure on the Scientist and then compromise results.

1 Like

Re: Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Today by Nobody: 10:42am On Jul 04, 2014
drobadebayo: Fellow docs,pls free dis guy. He talked so much about "payslips".Yet he hasn't shown us any despite how open nd free he claimed they are. He z nt to be taken serious. He has proven that beyond reasonable doubt

There are people/journalists working on that to make everything as public as possible. I'll let them do their jobs.
They won't fail, i promise
Re: Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Today by drobadebayo: 10:55am On Jul 04, 2014
YourHealthlabs:

There are people/journalists working on that to make everything as public as possible. I'll let them do their jobs.
They won't fail, i promise

But u have it right?lets see abeg.u keep contradicting urself.its a shame.pls let the quotes end here.Thanks
Re: Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Today by Nobody: 10:57am On Jul 04, 2014
nobilis: Continuing to argue with this guy, YourHealthLabs, is a waste of precious time. When he started out, he was quoting laws and acts and I felt that this is one guy that could be reasoned with because he deals with facts. But alas! I was grossly mistaken.
Even in his quoting laws and acts, he comfortably ignored quoting from the University Teaching Hospitals Act where it was stipulated that the chief medical directors of tertiary hospitals must be suitably medically qualified and also possess a suitable postgraduate medical qualification.

Now he is resorting to cheap lies in order to score cheap points. I don't blame him sha. His lies will catch up with him. Just like they caught up with barcanista and his referral to India craze.

I obey the law, we are both under the law, but NMA continually flout court orders with unwarranted show of bravado.
In a sane society, physicians enjoy the empathy of people as they hardly break laws but you will agree with me that you are losing that empathy, the signs are there for us to see.
This is the first time NLC, TUC and general populace are standing up to physicians, don't you think something is wrong somewhere?, In some countries, teachers, oil workers and miners go on strike in lieu of physicians to press for doctor's rights.

On the University tertiary Act. The "medically qualified" is the term in contention as many school of thought believe that it does not refer to physicians alone in a multidisciplinary sector. JOHESU have gone to court, they've also referred to global best practices about who is qualified to become CMD, health ministers, and other portfolios that physicians greedily sit on.
Modern healthcare practice didn't start here in Nigeria. Let's conform to practices that carry everyone along.

You can't hold any educated group of professionals down for long. It has never worked and it won't work here in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Today by harmonyedwards(m): 11:38am On Jul 04, 2014
YourHealthlabs:

No trained Scientist will tell a patient to wait the next morning except it is a sample that requires 24-48 culture(which in most cases you'll have to prep media and are not emergency issues) If he does, he erred and deserves sanction.

Ignoramus!
What do u want to grow in 4 weeks from blood culture?!
Na iroko tree u won culture?!
#blatant display of ignorance!
Re: Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Today by harmonyedwards(m): 11:45am On Jul 04, 2014
YourHealthlabs:

Again, like i told one of you on this forum,it is not about your personal opinion. Scientists work into the night taking calls, it is a global thing. That's the standard, you can keep your beliefs it is not relevant here...Sir.

I still maintain my stand on those figures and i'm not very far from the truth.

Finally the Science of Allopathic Medicine can not be relegated for Allopathic Medicine. One is as important as the other.

Thank you.

Read your comment again and see the bullshit you composed! Try edit your thought in your mind before you commit those poor fingers to typing pus on this forum.
meanwhile... you dont have to search for long...
I dare you to give evidence of ANY intern or even junior resident that receives the amount you pasted here.
I am 3 years into residency, and my salary is just barely 1,100 dollars. Do your calculations.

#be educated!
Re: Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Today by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jul 04, 2014
harmonyedwards:

Ignoramus!
What do u want to grow in 4 weeks from blood culture?!
Na iroko tree u won culture?!
#blatant display of ignorance!

So how many days does your own blood culture take in those quack accredited labs your physician set up in private capacity. 24hrs?..

No wonder you fight the Med lab council when they come to accredit those quack labs where you collect money,manufacture Scientist's signature and release fake lab result cos you are a dokita.
Some of you are pure criminals.
Re: Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Today by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jul 04, 2014
harmonyedwards:

Read your comment again and see the bullshit you composed! Try edit your thought in your mind before you commit those poor fingers to typing pus on this forum.
meanwhile... you dont have to search for long...
I dare you to give evidence of ANY intern or even junior resident that receives the amount you pasted here.
I am 3 years into residency, and my salary is just barely 1,100 dollars. Do your calculations.

#be educated!

Nobody is asking you what u earn in dollars, exchange rates are not stagnant. They are subjective to many factors.

Morever an Intern doc earns more than the figure you posted there if converted today. A resident earns almost as twice as that figure. Let's say it the way it is.

If you are ignorant tell us, i'll give you a sound lecture on the goings-on in the health sector. It's a pity you've lost media monopoly. People are wiser

Take your last advice, you need it more.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Is There A Cure For Dandruff? / Nigerian Man Diagnosed With Brain Tumour, Left Paralyzed Recounts His Recovery / Dangote, Access Bank To Provide 1000-Bed Facility To Combact Coronavirus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.