Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,454 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:33 PM

Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station - Islam for Muslims (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station (249441 Views)

Janet Jackson Converts To Islam For $20 Million Wedding / ~* Deols is 2011 'Islam For Muslims' Section Poster Of The Year: Congrats~* / 'Islam For Muslims' Library (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (232) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by usermane(m): 12:16pm On Aug 24, 2014
Empiree:
Stoning adulterer to
death is in previous
revealed Holy Books
(Torah and Gospel) and
still in there. But praise
be to Allah that
followers of Muhammad
(Allah's Blessing be
upon him) enforced
what Jews and
Christians shamefully
abandoned. So,
Usermane should not
crucify "SuShi" (Sunni
and Shia) for
implementing this law.
You should be proud
that Muslims uphold
Judeo-Christian law.
No, i should be ashamed that muslims prefer the law of tampered scriptures of those whom they have been warned about to their own scripture.[3:100, ]
Six times, stoning was mentioned in the Qur'an, in all cases, it is disbelievers that punish with stoning[11:91, 18:20, 19:46, 26:116, 36:18, 44:20].

This is exactly what
Nabi Muhammad (saw)
did when he arrived in
Medina. He enforced
punishment for adultery
using Jewish Book. Jews never practiced this law.

Who told you Muhammad who was ordered to rule with the Qur'an and always wait for God 's judgement picked up a law from an adulterated scripture without God 's order?[6:51]

@underlined, did you recall where the Jews tried to stone an adulterer but were stopped by Jesus in the New Testament?

They were stunned
when he carried it out.
This was to show them
that he is indeed
Prophet of Allah.

Hmm... Stoning had been a pagan practice long before the Torah. The Jews stoned adulterers. The Church stoned adulterers till the renaissance. And you want to tell us that enforcing stoning of adulterers showed the Jews that he was a Prophet?
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by tbaba1234: 12:27pm On Aug 24, 2014
Hkana:

No kill me with laugh grin grin

BTW: where Tbaba1234 go sef?

Salam, I think, it is best sometimes not to respond to intellectual arrogance/ignorance and people bent on following their desires.

2 Likes

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Sissie(f): 12:30pm On Aug 24, 2014
usermane:

You know, i really need to get up close and personal with you. I appreciate your posts most times. Aside the fact that our beliefs may be different, i find you more inclined to God than a lot who proclaim faith in God. You have a commendable understanding of Islam and the affairs of the middle east than many i 've met here.

Commendable understanding!!!!!!!!! I find this soo hilarious grin grin grin

The last time I tried having a discussion about Islam with the big urban, it wasn't even about beliefs but finance, capitalism etc. Was when I observed the big urban is more of a noise maker. And you find him commendable. grin grin hilarious.

I appreciate his obsession with Islam though.

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by tbaba1234: 12:42pm On Aug 24, 2014
Sissie:
The last time I tried having a discussion about Islam with the big urban, it wasn't even about beliefs but finance, capitalism etc. Was when I observed the big urban is more of a noise maker. And you find him commendable. grin grin hilarious.

grin
Misguidance appreciates misguidance, that's the way, it usually goes.

4 Likes

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 1:02pm On Aug 24, 2014
usermane:
No, i should be ashamed that muslims prefer the law of tampered scriptures of those whom they have been warned about to their own scripture.[3:100, ]
Six times, stoning was mentioned in the Qur'an, in all cases, it is disbelievers that punish with stoning[11:91, 18:20, 19:46, 26:116, 36:18, 44:20].

Who told you Muhammad who was ordered to rule with the Qur'an and always wait for God 's judgement picked up a law from an adulterated scripture without God 's order?[6:51]

@underlined, did you recall where the Jews tried to stone an adulterer but were stopped by Jesus in the New Testament?

Hmm... Stoning had been a pagan practice long before the Torah. The Jews stoned adulterers. The Church stoned adulterers till the renaissance. And you want to tell us that enforcing stoning of adulterers showed the Jews that he was a Prophet?

The points you raised are irrelevant here my friend.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 1:09pm On Aug 24, 2014
Sissie:

None-Muslims (heart-hardened) are usually incline toward pseudo"Muslims". They love promoting such people. But be gentle with Usermane though.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 1:15pm On Aug 24, 2014
Hope lost on missing kids after parents got paid by govt. Jona cant find missing kids. How true is this.
http://naijagists.com/chibok-parents-give-up-search-for-missing-girls-after-jonathan-gave-them-money/

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Sissie(f): 1:20pm On Aug 24, 2014
Empiree: Hope lost on missing kids after parents got paid by govt. Jona cant find missing kids. How true is this.
http://naijagists.com/chibok-parents-give-up-search-for-missing-girls-after-jonathan-gave-them-money/

Heard the same thing, it's probably true.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 5:07pm On Aug 24, 2014
How Much Do You Think Each Of These Will Cost This Year ?

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by zemaye: 9:05pm On Aug 24, 2014
Empiree: How Much Do You Think Each Of These Will Cost This Year ?
In my location
80k up cool
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 9:13pm On Aug 24, 2014
for which one: the 1st, 2nd or 3rd?. The middle seems bigger.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Slitz(f): 11:03pm On Aug 24, 2014
sino:
Running Orders: Lena Khalaf Tuffaha

They call us now.
Before they drop the bombs.
The phone rings
and someone who knows my first name
calls and says in perfect Arabic
“This is David.”
And in my stupor of sonic booms and glass shattering symphonies
still smashing around in my head
I think “Do I know any Davids in Gaza?”
They call us now to say
Run.
You have 58 seconds from the end of this message.
Your house is next.
They think of it as some kind of war time courtesy.
It doesn’t matter that
there is nowhere to run to.
It means nothing that the borders are closed
and your papers are worthless
and mark you only for a life sentence
in this prison by the sea
and the alleyways are narrow
and there are more human lives
packed one against the other
more than any other place on earth
Just run.
We aren’t trying to kill you.
It doesn’t matter that
you can’t call us back to tell us
the people we claim to want aren’t in your house
that there’s no one here
except you and your children
who were cheering for Argentina
sharing the last loaf of bread for this week
counting candles left in case the power goes out.
It doesn’t matter that you have children.
You live in the wrong place
and now is your chance to run
to nowhere.
It doesn’t matter
that 58 seconds isn’t long enough
to find your wedding album
or your son’s favorite blanket
or your daughter’s almost completed college application
or your shoes
or to gather everyone in the house.
It doesn’t matter what you had planned.
It doesn’t matter who you are
Prove you’re human.
Prove you stand on two legs.
Run.
so so saddening.. May Allah ease their affairs and uñite us all on the Sirat Al Mustaqin. Sino is really admirable!
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Rilwayne001: 11:38pm On Aug 24, 2014
AlBaqir:

grin There is a difference between knowing a path and threading the path.

Really feeling you this days grin grin

5 bottles of a big Coca-Cola for you (Chill one abegg) grin grin

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Rilwayne001: 11:47pm On Aug 24, 2014
tbaba1234:

grin
Misguidance appreciates misguidance, that's the way, it usually goes.

grin grin lol grin grin

Please bro. we all have to help this guy from is delusions, the thing is getting worse day in day out embarassed

SMH

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Rilwayne001: 11:51pm On Aug 24, 2014
I want usermane to address this post abeegg
Empiree: @userrmane, I am sure you know what you doing. But it makes no sense arguing over this. I am also aware many have talked to you in past. So may I ask you what these verses mean to you?

Below are some verses in the Qur'an, which prove the fact that we must obey and follow the Messenger Muhammad (SAW) if we are real Muslims (i.e. submitters):

3:31. Say (O Muhammad SAW): "If you (really) love Allah then 'follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you of your sins. And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful."

3:32. Say (O Muhammad SAW): "Obey Allah and the Messenger (Muhammad SAW)."...

3:132. And obey Allah and the Messenger (Muhammad SAW) that you may obtain mercy.

4:13. ...and whosoever obeys Allah and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW) will be admitted to Gardens under which rivers flow (in Paradise), to abide therein, and that will be the great success.

4:59. O you who believe! Obey Allah and obey the Messenger...

4:64. We sent no Messenger, but to be obeyed...

4:69. And whosoever obeys Allah and the Messenger (Muhammad SAW), then they will be in the company of those on whom Allah has bestowed His Grace...

4:80. He who obeys the Messenger (Muhammad SAW), has indeed obeyed Allah...

5:92. And obey Allah and the Messenger...

8:1. ...and obey Allah and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW), if you are believers.

8:20. O you who believe! Obey Allah and His Messenger, and turn not away from him (Messenger Muhammad SAW)...

8:46. And obey Allah and His Messenger...

9:71. ...and obey Allah and His Messenger...

24:52. And whosoever obeys Allah and His Messenger (SAW), fears Allah, and keeps his duty (to Him), such are the successful ones.

24:54. Say: "Obey Allah and obey the Messenger...

24:56. ...and obey the Messenger (Muhammad SAW) that you may receive mercy (from Allah).

33:21. Indeed in the Messenger of Allah (Muhammad SAW) you have a good example to follow...

33:33. ...and obey Allah and His Messenger...

33:71. ...And whosoever obeys Allah and His Messenger (SAW) he has indeed achieved a great achievement.

47:33. O you who believe! Obey Allah, and obey the Messenger (Muhammad SAW)...

48:17. ...And whosoever obeys Allah and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW), He will admit him to Gardens beneath which rivers flow (Paradise)...

59:7. ...And whatsoever the Messenger (Muhammad SAW) gives you, take it, and whatsoever he forbids you, abstain (from it)...

64:12. Obey Allah, and obey the Messenger (Muhammad SAW)...

thank you in advance

2 Likes

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by usermane(m): 10:49am On Aug 25, 2014
Empiree:

@userrmane, I am sure you know what you doing. But it makes no sense arguing over this. I am also aware many have talked to you in past. So may I ask you what these verses mean to you?

Below are some verses in the Qur'an, which prove the fact that we must obey and follow the Messenger Muhammad (SAW) if we are real Muslims (i.e. submitters):

We 've answered these questions in the past. @bold, kindly point where i stated we shouldn't obey the messenger.

[QURAN 3:31, 4:80, 5:92]

"Obey God and obey the messenger is a common clause in the Qur'an. Man must obey God, but man doesn't directly hear the words of God. There exist a messenger whom God relays His orders to. To obey God, man must obey His orders delivered by the messenger. This is equivalent to obeying the messenger.

[QURAN 33:21]

Interpreting in its context, one that God recommend the conduct or attitude of his messenger during the war(33:20, 22) as exemplary. A more general interpretation beyond this context is fine.
The messenger has been described as one of exalted character(68:4) and coupling that with this verse(33:21), one who hopes for eternal life have in the Prophet a model.

The examples muslims ought to emulate in the Messenger include noble traits such as generosity, honesty, politeness, kindness, piety, discipline, diligence, determination, patience and perseverence. Of course, we he is dead but we read his words when we read the Qur'an and we know he kept the words. If we keep to these words too, we are emulating him.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by usermane(m): 11:07am On Aug 25, 2014
Hkana: Thanks Usermane, I've seen it.

On your indifference to hadith, I'd wanted to ask you your understanding of this verse:

"59:7. ...And whatsoever the Messenger (Muhammad SAW) gives you, take it, and whatsoever he forbids you, abstain (from it)..."

By posting only a fraction of the verse, you 've distorted it meaning.
Here is the full verse:

[QURAN 59:7]

And what God restored to His Messenger from the people of the towns - it is for God and for the Messenger and for [his] near relatives and orphans and the [stranded] traveler - so that it will not be a perpetual distribution among the rich from among you. And whatever the Messenger has given you - take; and what he has forbidden you - refrain from. And fear God ; indeed, God is severe in penalty.

The context here is spoils of war, read from the first verse of the chapter. God talks of destruction of dwellings and banishment of the disbelievers who for long have been oppressing believers in their midsts. Then God permitted His messenger to take the left overs of the dwellings of the banished ones. What was left behind includes items and materials to be distributed equitably according to God 's orders. So "take whatever the messenger gives you and refraim from what he prohibits you" mean that whatever item, material of the spoils a believer was given by the messenger(the distributor), he can take it but whatever he isn't giving or has been prohibited for him by the messenger, he must abstain from it.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by TheBigUrban2: 11:13am On Aug 25, 2014
Rilwayne001:

e-di*t undecided

I am an ediot for studying islam?

Excuse me, did the other muslims on this thread miss Rilwayne's comment? No one could correct him?
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by TheBigUrban2: 11:16am On Aug 25, 2014
Sissie:

Because sharia law doesnt deal with finance abi?

Were we not talking about islamic finance?

People can lie....kai!!!!
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Sissie(f): 11:36am On Aug 25, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

Because sharia law doesnt deal with finance abi?

Were we not talking about islamic finance?

People can lie....kai!!!!

Chei you can't even read and comprehend well.

2 Likes

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by TheBigUrban2: 11:39am On Aug 25, 2014
Sissie:

Chei you can't even read and comprehend well.

Nice dodge wink
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Sissie(f): 11:59am On Aug 25, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

Nice dodge wink

Dodge!!!!!
Let me come down to your level.
I said we were talking about Islam but not about beliefs but finance and capitalism.

You were arguing about Islamic finance and capitalism.
And I told you you it was islamic economic system and capitalism, as islamic finance is a part of Islamic economic system. Capitalism is an economic system, the system as a whole which finance is a part of. And turned out you knew close to nothing about Islamic economic system but still felt you knew enough about finance to argue it with me, which makes you a noise maker. Is it clear now?

And you post asking me if we were not talking about islamic finance? I obviously stated that in the previous post.

2 Likes

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Rilwayne001: 12:10pm On Aug 25, 2014
TheBigUrban2:
I am an ediot for studying islam?
Excuse me, did the other muslims on this thread miss Rilwayne's comment? No one could correct him?

You studied islam to bash islam, which you have been displaying all around here on Nairaland..

Am sorry if you are pained by my comment...

i won't repeat it again..

4 Likes

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by AlBaqir(m): 12:35pm On Aug 25, 2014
Rilwayne001:

Really feeling you this days grin grin

5 bottles of a big Coca-Cola for you (Chill one abegg) grin grin

That's ma favorite bro. grin but 5? Jedijedi o grin

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Rilwayne001: 12:37pm On Aug 25, 2014
AlBaqir:

That's ma favorite bro. grin but 5? Jedijedi o grin

lol grin

2 Likes

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by usba: 2:48pm On Aug 25, 2014
I don't know what is happening but join you people and laugh grin grin grin
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 3:01pm On Aug 25, 2014
usermane:

We 've answered these questions in the past. @bold, kindly point where i stated we shouldn't obey the messenger.

[QURAN 3:31, 4:80, 5:92]

"Obey God and obey the messenger is a common clause in the Qur'an. Man must obey God, but man doesn't directly hear the words of God. There exist a messenger whom God relays His orders to. To obey God, man must obey His orders delivered by the messenger. This is equivalent to obeying the messenger.

[QURAN 33:21]

Interpreting in its context, one that God recommend the conduct or attitude of his messenger during the war(33:20, 22) as exemplary. A more general interpretation beyond this context is fine.
The messenger has been described as one of exalted character(68:4) and coupling that with this verse(33:21), one who hopes for eternal life have in the Prophet a model.

The examples muslims ought to emulate in the Messenger include noble traits such as generosity, honesty, politeness, kindness, piety, discipline, diligence, determination, patience and perseverence. Of course, we he is dead but we read his words when we read the Qur'an and we know he kept the words. If we keep to these words too, we are emulating him.

Here you go. @bold, how do you know this if not through chains of transmission. You just spoke of Hadith @bold. Dont forget there is Hadith Qudsi as well. Why are you beefing in cycle?. Come to Islam my friend.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Hkana: 3:29pm On Aug 25, 2014
usermane:

By posting only a fraction of the verse, you 've distorted it meaning.
Here is the full verse:

The context here is spoils of war, read from the first verse of the chapter. God talks of destruction of dwellings and banishment of the disbelievers who for long have been oppressing believers in their midsts. Then God permitted His messenger to take the left overs of the dwellings of the banished ones. What was left behind includes items and materials to be distributed equitably according to God 's orders. So "take whatever the messenger gives you and refraim from what he prohibits you" mean that whatever item, material of the spoils a believer was given by the messenger(the distributor), he can take it but whatever he isn't giving or has been prohibited for him by the messenger, he must abstain from it.

^^^ Seen.
Thanks; you come across as someone who would make a better muslim if not for some of your choices. Your indifference to hadith, for one.

Let's be muslims bro, what do you say. TeamQur'anAndSunnah
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by TheBigUrban2: 3:33pm On Aug 25, 2014
Rilwayne001:

You studied islam to bash islam, which you have been displaying all around here on Nairaland..

Am sorry if you are pained by my comment...

i won't repeat it again..

grin grin grin

That is your opinion. What annoyed me is that Maclatunji will not hide an abusive muslim's comment.

The fact remains that I know your religion more than you. Ask about abdulsleek.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by TheBigUrban2: 3:38pm On Aug 25, 2014
Sissie:

Dodge!!!!!
Let me come down to your level.
I said we were talking about Islam but not about beliefs but finance and capitalism.

You were arguing about Islamic finance and capitalism.
And I told you you it was islamic economic system and capitalism, as islamic finance is a part of Islamic economic system. Capitalism is an economic system, the system as a whole which finance is a part of. And turned out you knew close to nothing about Islamic economic system but still felt you knew enough about finance to argue it with me, which makes you a noise maker. Is it clear now?

And you post asking me if we were not talking about islamic finance? I obviously stated that in the previous post.

You are the one that does not know how to properly arrange grammar to convey a clear message (rather than me being the one that misunderstood). Effect of too much Arabic, huh?

Reread your sentence;

Sissie:
The last time I tried having a discussion about Islam with the big urban, it wasn't even about beliefs but finance, capitalism etc.

From the way the sentence is structured, does it look like you were talking about islam with me?
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Rilwayne001: 3:38pm On Aug 25, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

grin grin grin

That is your opinion. What annoyed me is that Maclatunji will not hide an abusive muslim's comment.

The fact remains that I know your religion more than you. Ask about abdulsleek.

undecided e**lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (232) (Reply)

Cute and Romantic Photos Of Muslim Couples

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.