Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,795 members, 7,817,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:43 AM

Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station - Islam for Muslims (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station (249409 Views)

Janet Jackson Converts To Islam For $20 Million Wedding / ~* Deols is 2011 'Islam For Muslims' Section Poster Of The Year: Congrats~* / 'Islam For Muslims' Library (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (232) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by usermane(m): 3:41pm On Aug 25, 2014
Empiree:

Here you go. @bold, how do you know this if not through chains of transmission. You just spoke of Hadith @bold. Dont forget there is Hadith Qudsi as well.

you need chains of transmission to know that you have to be kind or honest? You need chain of transmission to maintain full trust in God as the Prophet?

Look my friend, even Abraham was described as a good example for Muhammad and his followers(60:4-6). I don't think Muhammad needed Abraham 's hadith to emulate him.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by TheBigUrban2: 3:46pm On Aug 25, 2014
Sissie:

You were arguing about Islamic finance and capitalism.
And I told you you it was islamic economic system and capitalism, as islamic finance is a part of Islamic economic system. Capitalism is an economic system, the system as a whole which finance is a part of. And turned out you knew close to nothing about Islamic economic system but still felt you knew enough about finance to argue it with me, which makes you a noise maker. Is it clear now?

And you post asking me if we were not talking about islamic finance? I obviously stated that in the previous post.

There is no such thing as an islamic economic system.

Where does the Quran/Hadith talk about macroeconomic policies or demand/supply or balance of payments or means of production or capital vs labour? The whole idea of economics and countries started a thousand years after islam was founded....so how can there be islamic economics?

There is only islamic finance.

#I just schooled you on islam
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 4:06pm On Aug 25, 2014
usermane:

you need chains of transmission to know that you have to be kind or honest?

Arent you orthodox at some point?. You learned how Prophet(saw) talked, worked, his lifestyle, attitude to fellow muslims and non-muslims, his history, his kindness to his wives, how to mate your wife, how to pray, how to acquire knowledge, how to eat, what to eat, what to not eat, when to be angry and when to not, what to do in anger and what to not including many more that i can mention.
These are not necessarily exclusively told in Quran. Sometimes, we dont need explanation of certain verses in Quran (tafsir). Sometimes, some verses are not clear (verses that are classified mutashabihat [/i]i:e not entirely clear- ref Sura Imran vs 7). Those "mutashabihat" verses need tawil (interpretation). And Allah said Muhammad is best example both for muslims and non-muslims to follow him. Ch. 33:21.
Because you reject sunna is the reason you dont understand salat. Perhaps you dont have faith in Ramadan, and how to perform hajj and all that. It's the Prophet(s) who practicalized this(as example for muslims, his followers). Now because you are "ex-orthodox" made you aware of some religious practices in light of Sunnah(pact of the prophet-saw). You can no longer deny that. So stop beefing in cycle and return to religion of your father, Ibrahim[i] alaih salatul wasam

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 4:09pm On Aug 25, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

Where does the Quran/Hadith talk about macroeconomic policies or demand/supply or balance of payments or means of production or capital vs labour? The whole idea of economics and countries started a thousand years after islam was founded....so how can there be islamic economics?

No, you need to be schooled. And you claimed to have studied Islam?. bro, go back to school grin

2 Likes

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Rilwayne001: 4:14pm On Aug 25, 2014
Empiree:

No, you need to be schooled. And you claimed to have studied Islam?. bro, go back to school grin

grin grin lol

2 Likes

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by TheBigUrban2: 4:25pm On Aug 25, 2014
Empiree:

School me with facts then.

Where are the economic policies in the Quran or hadith?

Or you think Jizya tax and zakat run an economy? lol

What does the Quran/hadith say about import/exports? What about minimum wage and capital gains? What about corporations- are corporations define in the Quran?
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Sissie(f): 4:25pm On Aug 25, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

You are the one that does not know how to properly arrange grammar to convey a clear message (rather than me being the one that misunderstood). Effect of too much Arabic, huh?

Reread your sentence;

From the way the sentence is structured, does it look like you were talking about islam with me?

Like I said your a noise maker. If you were smart eevn fi I rwtoe kile sith you would have understood it.

Now let me explain my grammar as its above your grade.

I clearly stated I
tried having a discussion about Islam with the big urban, it wasn't even about beliefs but finance, capitalism etc

I tried having a discussion ABOUT ISLAM now another poster may assume it was about beliefs as you are an atheist, so I stated clearly it wasn't about beliefs but finance and capitalism.
I exaggerated your ability to understand, that's why I didn't need to clearly type Islamic finance, just as I didn't need to type Islamic Beliefs since I already said it was a discussion ABOUT ISLAM. This obviously means, I tried having a discussion about finance and capitalism within the Islamic context.

2 Likes

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by TheBigUrban2: 4:26pm On Aug 25, 2014
Sissie:

Like I said your a noise maker. If you were smart eevn fi I rwtoe kile sith you would have understood it.

Now let me explain my grammar as its above your grade.

I clearly stated I
tried having a discussion about Islam with the big urban, it wasn't even about beliefs but finance, capitalism etc

I tried having a discussion ABOUT ISLAM now another poster may assume it was about beliefs as you are an atheist, so I stated clearly it wasn't about beliefs but finance and capitalism.
I exaggerated your ability to understand, that's why I didn't need to clearly type Islamic finance, just as I didn't need to type Islamic Beliefs since I already said it was a discussion ABOUT ISLAM. This obviously means, I tried having a discussion about finance and capitalism within the Islamic context.

#YAWN. undecided
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Sissie(f): 4:30pm On Aug 25, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

You are hilarious.
School me bwahahaha grin

Like I said you are a noise maker.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by TheBigUrban2: 4:30pm On Aug 25, 2014
I want to know how usermane does it.

So far, I have been called an ediot and a noise maker.

All because I said that I studied islam and another person said that my views on islam are interesting

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by TheBigUrban2: 4:32pm On Aug 25, 2014
Sissie:

You are hilarious.
School me bwahahaha grin

Like I said you are a noise maker.

lol......

Weren't you and some other muslimahs complaining about female issues in islam?

See this learner. Dont let me school you again. mtchew cheesy
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Sissie(f): 4:37pm On Aug 25, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

lol......

Weren't you and some other muslimahs complaining about female issues in islam?

See this learner. Dont let me school you again. mtchew cheesy

Sissie complaining on female issues in Islam? go back and read again this time read it slowly.
So you read some Muslimahs post complaining means I also complained? Is your comprehension skills that low?
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by TheBigUrban2: 4:40pm On Aug 25, 2014
Sissie:

Sissie complaining on female issues in Islam? go back and read again this time read it slowly.
So you read some Muslimahs post complaining means I also complained? Is your comprehension skills that low?

grin grin

Move aside. You have nothing to offer.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by usermane(m): 4:48pm On Aug 25, 2014
Thanks Hkana and Empiree but the basis for discarding hadith goes beyond what i 've covered here. So i 'll pass the invitation.

Can you tell us those hadith that taught you how to pray? Please post. Also i need response from others like Rilwayne001 on this.

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 5:45pm On Aug 25, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

School me with facts then.

Where are the economic policies in the Quran or hadith?

Or you think Jizya tax and zakat run an economy? lol

What does the Quran/hadith say about import/exports?
What about minimum wage and capital gains? What about corporations- are corporations define in the Quran?

@bold got me grin grin grin

Well, there is no "minimum wage" in Islam. Instead you bargain. You pay people what they worth grin. If you own a real property and you rent or sell it. Islam maintains that it must be at market value. It is reported in Hadith (paraphrase)where in the time of the prophet(saw), a man or woman sells his or her goods below market value in other to make "quick sales", upon hearing this, prophet(saw) quickly advised him (or her) to raise the price. This subject is linked with riba (usury). Another hadith talks about Bilal (ra) selling his inferior dates in exchange for quality dates. Upon hearing this, prophet(saw) warned him about possibility of engaging usury. The thing is Quran and Hadith are guiding lights. Some things are legislated and do not change. Some are left with authority (muslim leader). There are lengthy ahadith I cant possibly type them all here. Example...

Moral Conduct in Entrepreneurship

“And measure full when you measure. And weigh with an even balance. This is better and its end is good.” [Al-Bani-Israel: 35].

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) said: “The seller and the buyer have the right to keep or return the goods as long as they have not parted or till they part; and if both the parties spoke the truth and described the defects and qualities [of the goods], then they would be blessed in their transaction, and if they told lies or hid something, then the blessings of their transaction would be lost.” (Bukhari, No: 1937)

It was reported that during Ottoman empire, they used to have "market police" who oversaw and enforced prices in the free and fair market. The thing is Islam economy policies are usually linked with riba. Troll these links see if you can benefit one or two things. Please go through the last link as well. Link #1 sure have Quranic verses and ahadith on economy and shariah compliant investment. There are lots of talks on Islam and economics, Islam and international monetary system and so fourth in the last link.

1- http://islamiceconomicsproject./islamic-economics-in-quran-hadith/
2- http://www.onislam.net/english/shariah/hadith/this-hadith/437206.html
3- http://www.albalagh.net/Islamic_economics/finance.shtml#Top
https://www.youtube.com/user/SheikhImranHosein/videos
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by TheBigUrban2: 6:04pm On Aug 25, 2014
Empiree:

@bold got me grin grin grin

Well, there is no "minimum wage" in Islam. Instead you bargain. You pay people what they worth grin. If you own a real property and you rent or sell it. Islam maintains that it must be at market value. It is reported in Hadith (paraphrase)where in the time of the prophet(saw), a man or woman sells his or her goods below market value in other to make "quick sales", upon hearing this, prophet(saw) quickly advised him (or her) to raise the price. This subject is linked with riba (usury). Another hadith talks about Bilal (ra) selling his inferior dates in exchange for quality dates. Upon hearing this, prophet(saw) warned him about possibility of engaging usury. The thing is Quran and Hadith are guiding lights. Some things are legislated and do not change. Some are left with authority (muslim leader). There are lengthy ahadith I cant possibly type them all here. Example...

Moral Conduct in Entrepreneurship

“And measure full when you measure. And weigh with an even balance. This is better and its end is good.” [Al-Bani-Israel: 35].

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) said: “The seller and the buyer have the right to keep or return the goods as long as they have not parted or till they part; and if both the parties spoke the truth and described the defects and qualities [of the goods], then they would be blessed in their transaction, and if they told lies or hid something, then the blessings of their transaction would be lost.” (Bukhari, No: 1937)

It was reported that during Ottoman empire, they used to have "market police" who oversaw and enforced prices in the free and fair market. The thing is Islam economy policies are usually linked with riba. Troll these links see if you can benefit one or two things. Please go through the last link as well. Link #1 sure have Quranic verses and ahadith on economy and shariah compliant investment. There are lots of talks on Islam and economics, Islam and international monetary system and so fourth in the last link.

1- http://islamiceconomicsproject./islamic-economics-in-quran-hadith/
2- http://www.onislam.net/english/shariah/hadith/this-hadith/437206.html
3- http://www.albalagh.net/Islamic_economics/finance.shtml#Top
https://www.youtube.com/user/SheikhImranHosein/videos

Thanks for showing me how you have nothing on economics in islam.

We can all see that you didnt even put one single quote from your Quran to back your points up.

I checked your links- nothing on import and export. Nothing on balance of payment. Nothing on corporate tax. Nothing on mortgage. Nothing on national budget.

All you and your links have talked about are simple market trading ethics that can only guide the level of beansellers. "Dont charge interest", "sell at a fair price", "zakat" and "Jizya tax"

And how can there not be a minimum wage? Who told you that bargaining is always fair? If mcdonalds were allowed to bargain wages, they would be paying employees far less than the minimum wage. grin grin grin

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IN SHORT,
THERE IS NO IMPORT OR EXPORT IN THE QURAN
NO BALANCE OF PAYMENT
NO BUDGET SURPLUS OR DEFICIT
NO CONCEPT OF INSURANCE
NO MORTGAGE
NO INFLATION OR DEFLATION OF CURRENCY
NO GDP

AND YET, SOME PEOPLE ARE TELLING ME THAT THERE IS ISLAMIC ECONOMICS grin grin grin

#SCHOOLED
#DEBUNKED
#TEAM-ABDULSLEEK
#MACLATUNJI-BAN-ME-NOW
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 6:20pm On Aug 25, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

I honestly did not expect anything less from you. You went through the whole thing is couple of minutes?. Exactly how scholarship works right?. Well, on minimum age, some may disagree. The fact is it's a form of slavery. Imagine less privileged folks working hard and being paid wage of a dog and we have some men up there driving BMW, sitting around and drinking coffee. And at the end of the month they take home thousands of bucks. How's that fair?. Well, no need to argue here my friend. I didnt expect anything better from you if you could reply within very tiny period and telling me you went through the whole links?. Abeg, go siddon.

2 Likes

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by TheBigUrban2: 6:43pm On Aug 25, 2014
Empiree:

I honestly did not expect anything less from you. You went through the whole thing is couple of minutes?. Exactly how scholarship works right?. Well, on minimum age, some may disagree. The fact is it's a form of slavery. Imagine less privileged folks working hard and being paid wage of a dog and we have some men up there driving BMW, sitting around and drinking coffee. And at the end of the month they take home thousands of bucks. How's that fair?. Well, no need to argue here my friend. I didnt expect anything better from you if you could reply within very tiny period and telling me you went through the whole links?. Abeg, go siddon.

I skimmed everything....none of your links had the items I listed (budgets, import, exports, GDP etc)

Let me school you on minimum wage

=================================================
Your employer can pay you from $0 to $500 an hour

Without minimum wage, some people will be paid 50 cents an hour
50 cents an hour is 4 dollars a day
which is then 20 dollars a week
which is then 80 dollars a month

Without minimum wage laws, all Mcdnalds has to do is hire desperate immigrants to do the job at a slave rate

With minimum wage laws, Mcdonalds must pay at least 7.50 dollars per hour. This is for menial jobs.#
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 8:07pm On Aug 25, 2014
usermane: Thanks Hkana and Empiree but the basis for discarding hadith goes beyond what i 've covered here. So i 'll pass the invitation.
Can you tell us those hadith that taught you how to pray? Please post. Also i need response from others like Rilwayne001 on this.

Dont know exactly how you pray obligatory Salat if at all you do. But there are various reports from Ahadith. I guess we should start with Wudu(ablution). Wudu, or ablution, is both a traditional ritual and a practical means by which Muslims may seek to maintain good physical and spiritual hygiene. Traditionally, Wudu refers to the mental preparation of Muslims for the Salat (prayer/Tholugai), one of the Five Pillars of Islam.

Intention To Make Wudu: The Prophet(saw) said, "There is no wudu for him who does not mention Allah's name upon it." (Sahih inb Majah, At-Trimithee, Abu Dawud and others)

Wash The Hands: Humran(ra) narrates that Uthman(ra) called for water to make wudu and washed his hands three times...then said, "I saw messanger(saw) make wudu just as I have made wudu. "(Sahih Al-Bukhari and Muslim)

Rinse The Mouth: Prophet (saw) said, "when you make wudu then wash your mouth." Sahih Bukhari

Nose: Volume 1, Book 4, Number 162:
Narrated Abu Huraira:
The Prophet said, "Whoever performs ablution should clean his nose with water by putting the water in it and then blowing it out, and whoever cleans his private parts with stones should do it with odd number of stones."

Wash The Face:Sura Maidah:6
Humran ibn Abaan(ra) narrates that Uthman(ra) called for water to make wudu and mentioned the way in which the prophet(saw) made wudu. Humran(ra) said, " Then he washed his face three times." (Sahih- Bukhari, Muslim)
Note: Anas(ra) narrates that the prophet(saw), when he made wudu, used to take a handful of water and enter it below his chin and rub it through his beard and said, " This is what my Lord-the Great and Exalted has ordered me to do." (sahih Abu Daud

Wash The Hand: Nuaim ibn Mijamr(ra) said, " I saw Abu Huraira make wudu- he washed his face and completed the wudu, then washed his right hand until he reached the upper arm, then his left hand till he reached the upper arm"- then in the end of the hadith he said: "This is how I saw Raosulllah(saw) make wudu (Sahih Muslim).

Wipe Your Head Once: Allah said (Maidah 6)

Wipe Ear once: From Abdullah ibn Amr(ra) about performing wudu- he (saw) said, "Then he (saw) wiped his head and entered his two forefingers into his ears and wiped the backs of his ears with his thumbs". (Sahih Abu dawud, Ibn Majah)

Wash The Right Foot (be sure to include the ankle): "Ibn Umar(ra), Messanger(saw) fell behind us and then came upon us during a journey, when we found him and it was time for Asr- so we began to make Wudu and wipe over our feet, so he(saw) called out at the top of his voice, 'Woe to the ankles from the Fire. (two or three times)"' (sahih Bukhari and Muslim)

Note: Al-Mustaurad(ra) said "when the prophet(saw) made wudu he would enter water between his toes with his little finger." (sahih abu Daud, Ibn Majah, At-Tirmithee). And left foot (Surah Maida:6). This concludes Wudu.

After finishing Wudu it's recommended to recite this...
I bear witness that there is no god but God, Alone without partner. And I bear witness that Muhammad is His servant and messanger. (added supplication) "O God, make me of those who constantly repent and those who are pure.
(note, there are other reports on these, different versions of the same thing)

Note, it's painstaking efforts typing this out. Therefore, it's unfair to ridicule it.

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 8:10pm On Aug 25, 2014
usermane: Thanks Hkana and Empiree but the basis for discarding hadith goes beyond what i 've covered here. So i 'll pass the invitation.

HOW TO PRAY LIKE PROPHET MUHAMMAD(SAW) Surah 2:277, 9:71

The Prophet(saw) said: "Pray as you have seen me pray" (Bukhari)
The Prophet(saw): "The first thing one will be held accountable for on the Day of Judgement is prayer" (At-Tirmidhi)
There are things to take note before praying Salat. Now I understand there are many who pray as they see their parents pray. This is not 100% correct even though their parents pray as Prophet prayed. There should be academic approach to this.

There are Prerequisites Of The Prayer:
1-Wudu (which we already discussed)
2- The correct prescribed time
3-Proper covering of the body
4-Clean place of prayer, must be free from any impuries
5-Face The Qibla (we must make the best attempt to Direction of sacred Mosque in Makkah)
6-Unspoken(silent) intention in the heart

Intention:Hadith: Narrated by 'Umar bin Al-Khattab: “I heard Allah's Apostle saying, "The reward of deeds depend upon the intentions and every person will get the reward according to what he has intended. So whoever emigrated for worldly benefits or for a woman to marry, his emigration was for what he emigrated for." (Bukhari, hadith no 1)

The opening Takbir "Takbiratul Ihram"

Raise the arms "(parallel to his shoulders"wink Bukhari
"(parallel to his Ears"wink Muslim
Say "Allahu Akbar" (Allah is the Greatest)

Wa'il ibn Hujr(ra): "I prayed with the messanger of Allah(saw) and he used to put his right hand on his chest" (ibn Khuzaimah, Bulugh al-maram 217)
Wa'il ibn Hujr(ra): "He placed his right hand over the back of his left hand, wrist and arm" (Abu Daud)

Where To Look: "His sight would be towards the Earth" (al-bayhaqi)
"When he(saw) entered the Ka'ba his sight did not leave the place of his sujood until he left it" (al-bayhaqi)
Where Not To Look: He(saw) forbade looking towards the sky" (Bukhari)
"People must desist looking towards the sky in Salah or their sight will not return to them"(Bukhari)

Recite Opening Surah Fathia: must be recited in each raka'(unit) in loud prayer and silent ones
The Prophet said: "There is no Salaah if one does not recite Ummul-Quran (surah al--Fatihah)" -Bukhari and Muslim
Hadith: Prophet (S.A.W) said, “Whoever does not recite sura al-Fatiha in his prayer, his salah is invalid”. (Bukhari 756)

Say Ameen silently.
Hadith: Reported by Alqama ibn Waeel from his father that Rasullulah (S.A.W) after reading GHAIRIL MAGDUBI ALAIHIM WA LAD DALLIN, read AMEEN with silent voice. (Tirmizi vol 1 page 35)

Add one surah or one long verse or three short verses from the Quran.

Hadith: Once prophet (S.A.W) read two shortest surat of the Quran in fajr salah. At the end of the salah companions (R.A) asked, O prophet of Allah, why did you shorten the salah today? He replied, “I heard a child is crying, I guessed that the mother is reading salah with us. Therefore I shortened the salah in order to relieve the mother.” (Musnad E Ahmad; Ibn Abi Dawud; Sifati saltin-nabi, Al-Bani 103)
(Hmm, May God bless Nabi Muhmmad. See how merciful he is to us).
Note: Followers must not read “Alhamdu... And Sura”, rather they must listen.

Hadith; Abu Musa narrated that prophet (SAW) taught us how to read salah. He said to us whenever you read salah one of you may become imam and when imam starts to read Qirat followers may keep silent.( Muslim 404)

Allah says, “When Quran is being recited you should listen to it attentively.” (A’raf :23)
Hadith: The prophet (S.A.W) would make takbir every time he declined for ruku. (Muslim 392)

Step 12. Place the hands on the knees and keep the fingers spread out. Keep the legs vertical while the back is straight with the head and buttocks.

Hadith: If the prophet (S.A.W) was in ruku he would straighten his back that if water was poured on his back it would remain. (Ibn Majah 872)

Read “Subhana Rabbial A’zeem” at least three times.
Hadith: prophet (S.A.W) said, “If one performs ruku, he should say three times Subhana Rabbial A’zeem, and this the minimum.” (Abu Dawud 885)

While standing up from ruku say SamiAllahu liman hamidah and thereafter make your body upright and say Rabbana wa lakal hamd.

Hadith: Rasululllah (S.A.W) used to say SamiAllahu liman Hamidah While standing up from ruku and after straightening his body he would say Rabbana wa Lakal Hamd. (Bukhari, Muslim, Albani page 141)

Say Allahu Akbar when declining for sajdah (prostration) and when rising from it.

Hadith: Prophet (S.A.W) would recite Allahu Akbar for every incline and decline. (Muslim 392)

Make your sajdah between two palms.

Hadith: The prophet (S.A.W) would place his face between his hands when prostrating. (Muslim 392)

Say the Tasbih three times. (Subhana rabbial a’la)

Hadith: Abdullah ibn Masud (R.A) reported that prophet (S.A.W) said, “When one of you bow, he should say three times Subhana rabbial a’zeem and when he prostrates, he should say Subhana rabbial a’la. This is the minimum number. (Abu Dawud 885)

Keep distances the abdomen from the thighs, elbows from the sides and arms off the ground.

Hadith: Ibn Abbas (R.A) said, I came to the prophet (S.A.W) from behind, I saw the whiteness of his armpits and he kept them far away from his sides and raised his stomach [from the ground]. (Abu Dawud 898)

Women: Must place their arms flat on the ground in sajdah.

Hadith: Yazid Ibn Abi Habib states that Rasulullah (S.A.W) passed by two women who were performing their salah. He said to them, “When you prostrate, make part of your body touch the ground because a woman is unlike a man in these aspects.” (Abu Dawud 118; Sunanul Kubra 2/223)

During the brief sitting between two sajdahs and during the sitting of tashahhud it is sunnah for a man to lay down his left foot on its left side and sit on it while the right foot is allowed to stand upright with the heel in the air so that the toes are facing the direction of prayer.
Hadith: this hadith is related from Ibn Umar (R.A) in the hadith book An-Nasai. (1/248)

Women: should sit on her left buttock and take out both her legs towards the right side. She should place both her hands on the thighs and keep her fingers close together.

Hadith: Abdullah Ibn Umar (R.A) was asked how the women performed their salah during the era of Rasulullah (S.A.W). He replied that initially they used to sit cross-legged . Then they were ordered to draw themselves close together and lean onto one side by resting on their left buttocks and completely contracting themselves.
(Jamiul Masanid 1/400)

During tashahhud place the hands on the thighs. Do not hold the knees.(Reference: Nur al Idah 156)

Raise the index finger when say La ilaha and lower it when affirming Illal Allah.

Hadith: It is narrated that when Rasulullah (S.A.W) used to sit down to supplicate, (to recite tashahhud) he used to place his right hand on his right thigh and his left hand on his left thigh. He would indicate at the time of reciting the shahadah by raising his index finger. He would also join the ends of his thumb and middle finger (thereby forming a circle). [Sahih Muslim, chapter on the description of sitting-Hadith no.579]

Read Allahumma salli ala... and Allahumma barik ala...

Quran: Allah says: O you those who believe! Do pray to Allah to bless him and send your salam (prayer for his being in peace) to him in abundance. (Al-Ahzab 56)

Supplicate with the words that resemble the quran and sunnah.

Hadith: Abu Bakar (R.A) reported that he said to the prophet (S.A.W) “Teach me O messenger of Allah, the supplication that I may ask in my prayer. Upon which the prophet (S.A.W) said, say “Allahumma inni zalamtu ..... gafurur rahim.” (Bukhari 834)

Say Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullah together with a salam of Imam.

Hadith: Itban bin Malik (R.A) narrated, “We offered prayer with the prophet and used to finish our prayer with the taslim along with his. (Bukhari 838)

It is recommended to look at the area of prostration when standing; at the top part of the feet when bowing; at the tip of the nose when in prostration; at the lap when sitting and at the shoulders when giving the final salam. This is recommended for both male and female, the intended aim being to protect oneself from destruction.
The prophet (S.A.W) said, worship Allah as if you see him, and if you cannot achieve this state of devotion then you must consider that He is looking at you. (Bukhari, 47)

Note: there are other versions as well that actually make no difference from this. Just version. I just wanted to avoid mentioning Schools of Thought here. I mixed it. Please note that lots of these are typed out. It's painstaking efforts doing this. I know you could easily get this information if you want to. I just wanted to be compassionate toward you. So please dont ridicule this. Just give your thought. Perhaps, you should now return to Islam following the sunah pact.

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by TheBigUrban2: 8:43pm On Aug 25, 2014
Empiree....why are you running away naa?

Are you tired of islamic schooling? grin grin

its alright wink
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 8:44pm On Aug 25, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

You missing the point my man. Can you actually conduct trade in modern time like 6th century?. Of course not. The points highlighted in my earlier post deal with business ethics, investment, economics etc. Capitalism sucks anyways. And of course nothing stops us in modern time from modern economic chart you drawn earlier. The fact is modern economics doesnt change 6th century Islamic economy free and fair market outlined in the Quran and hadith.
For example, usury will never be permitted in Islam. Fair market will never be forbidden in Islam. Marketing and trading are parts of islamic economic growth. As for minimum wage, if that's your believe so be it. Minimum wage is really for the poor. It doesnt matter if it's 20$ an hr. It makes poor permanently poor and rich permanently rich. Tell Donald Trump to work at Wall Street for 30$ an hr, he would curse you out. However, $30/hr is lottery for the poor. grin

Runing away? i dont think it's proper dialogue with you. You are a waste of my precious time. I gave you links you replied is few minutes that you understood everything therein and still want me talking to you. Pls

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by TheBigUrban2: 8:52pm On Aug 25, 2014
Empiree:

You missing the point my man. Can you actually conduct trade in modern time like 6th century?. Of course not. The points highlighted in my earlier post deal with business ethics, investment, economics etc. Capitalism sucks anyways. And of course nothing stops us in modern time from modern economic chart you drawn earlier. The fact is modern economics doesnt change 6th century Islamic economy free and fair market outlined in the Quran and hadith.
For example, usury will never be permitted in Islam. Fair market will never be forbidden in Islam. Marketing and trading are parts of islamic economic growth. As for minimum wage, if that's your believe so be it. Minimum wage is really for the poor. It doesnt matter if it's 20$ an hr. It makes poor permanently poor and rich permanently rich. Tell Donald Trump to work at Wall Street for 30$ an hr, he would curse you out. However, $30/hr is lottery for the poor. grin

Runing away? i dont think it's proper dialogue with you. You are a waste of my precious time. I gave you links you replied is few minutes that you understood everything therein and still want me talking to you. Pls

BWAHAHA.....you keep hyping your useless links written by ignorant fellows. Please, tell me, if I was quoting from some random atheist blogger , would you take me seriously? Now you want me to take links from random islamic bloggers?

I still read your links and they came up empty. No budgets, no imports, no exports, no macroeconomic polices, nothing......yet they are proof that there is islamic economy

Furthermore, you can keep exposing your ignorance on minimum wage laws. Your fellow muslim in America, Tbaba, would even disagree with you. You are talking as if there are no poor in muslim countries earning less than $7.50 an hour.

Only an ignorant person would want minimum wage removed.

#SCHOOLED
#THE-EMPIRE-OF-RUNAWAY
#DEBUNKED

cool
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 9:16pm On Aug 25, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

No budgets, no imports, no exports, no macroeconomic polices, nothing......yet they are proof that there is islamic economy
Seems like you talking about specific business while i am talking about general business ethics. We seem to be on diff page my friend.

1-Budgets, of course all meaningful biz would have budgets.

2-no imports, no exports, all businesses involve this? I am not talking about specific business

3-macroeconomic polices, here you dealing with probably nations, parties' etc economy. This is the one i was talking about earlier, it policies. Now if you talking about specific company policies, I am not getting involve in that. Thats not what i am talking about
I dont know which part of the world you live but I can almost guarantee you that many living on minimum wage or wage salary really not achieving financial freedom. Some do something else on the side. Yes, Tbaba may disagree but thats not the point. The point is as far as I know minimum wage is not in islam. Rather, bargain wage. Minimum wage is a system regulated in our time. There are many contractors, like licensed building construction workers. They work on contract. You dont expect them to work minimum wage for anyone. They charge the chunk. Dont get me wrong. I am not saying minimum wage is bad.
There is micro and macro economics in Islam. What you want here is layout of specific business. But I gave you islamic economic policies. It can be small trade or better still large scale business. I am not talking about specific business. Islam economic polices are explained in the links. I think two of the links explained it (including bunch of videos). So i am not talking about specific business.

2 Likes

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 9:27pm On Aug 25, 2014
Even when you apply for job, if you qualify, they still bargain with you even though they have specific amount they will pay you. For example, after you qualified for job offer, manager asks how much are you willing to be paid?. Say minimum wage is 7$/hr, and you say you want 10$, it's up to the company to hire you. Point is you still bargain but because we live in modern economy which is pretty much regulated, your wage is confined at certain per hour amount. It doesn't matter if you want more. That comes later or never. Potential employee however is afraid of asking for bigger amount to avoid losing potential job offer. Anyways, nice talking with you. Am not economist. I may contribute later here in the future. I am into medical.

2 Likes

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by TheBigUrban2: 10:06pm On Aug 25, 2014
Empiree:
Seems like you talking about specific business while i am talking about general business ethics. We seem to be on diff page my friend.

1-Budgets, of course all meaningful biz would have budgets.

2-no imports, no exports, all businesses involve this? I am not talking about specific business

3-macroeconomic polices, here you dealing with probably nations, parties' etc economy. This is the one i was talking about earlier, it policies. Now if you talking about specific company policies, I am not getting involve in that. Thats not what i am talking about
I dont know which part of the world you live but I can almost guarantee you that many living on minimum wage or wage salary really not achieving financial freedom. Some do something else on the side. Yet, Tbaba may disagree but thats not the point. The point is as far as I know minimum wage is not in islam. Rather, bargain wage. Minimum wage is a system regulated in our time. There are many contractors, like licensed building construction workers. They work on contract. You dont expect them to work minimum wage for anyone. They charge the chunk. Dont get me wrong. I am not saying minimum wage is bad.
There is micro and macro economics in Islam. What you want here is layout of specific business. But I gave you islamic economic policies. It can be small trade or better still large scale business. I am not talking about specific business. Islam economic polices are explained in the links. I think two of the links explained it (including bunch of videos). So i am not talking about specific business.

grin grin grin grin

This guy has never studied economics in his life grin grin grin grin

How can I discuss with you when you have no idea of basic economics? Did you really think I was talking about company budgets or export companies when I mentioned budgets and exports?

exports and imports have to do with the balance of trade of a nation.

When I mentioned budgets, I was referring to national budgets and surpluses and deficits.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by TheBigUrban2: 10:09pm On Aug 25, 2014
Empiree: Even when you apply for job, if you qualify, they still bargain with you even though they have specific amount they will pay you. For example, after you qualified for job offer, manager asks how much are you willing to be paid?. Say minimum wage is 7$/hr, and you say you want 10$, it's up to the company to hire you. Point is you still bargain but because we live in modern economy which is pretty much regulated, your wage is confined at certain per hour amount. It doesn't matter if you want more. That comes later or never. Potential employee however is afraid of asking for bigger amount to avoid losing potential job offer. Anyways, nice talking with you. Am not economist. I may contribute later here in the future. I am into medical.

Thank God, you have admitted that you do not understand economics since you are into medical sciences.

mtchew.

See what islam has done to you? You assumed that you could challenge someone who studied economics because you felt that islam offers perfect guidance in finance/economics. Holy arrogance
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 10:18pm On Aug 25, 2014
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 2:20am On Aug 26, 2014
TheBigUrban2:
Thank God, you have admitted that you do not understand economics since you are into medical sciences.
mtchew.
See what islam has done to you? You assumed that you could challenge someone who studied economics because you felt that islam offers perfect guidance in finance/economics. Holy arrogance

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by TheBigUrban2: 4:50am On Aug 26, 2014
grin

When facts meet faith, the believer digs deeper into his stance.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 11:36am On Aug 26, 2014
AlBaqir:

Take your time brother and digest. That is just the beginning in sha Allah. May Allah give us the right understanding.

Kanz ummal (treasures of doers of good deeds)
is one of a collection of Sunni hadith compiled by Muhadith Ali Muttaqi al-Hindi (888AH).

You are right with the the meaning. I never knew it's a collection of Hadith. That's cool. And I was right. The phrase is in Surah Khaf 82. I always recite pass the phrase but didnt pay much attention to verse # or when i listen to the recitation. Just noticed.

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 12:44pm On Aug 26, 2014

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (232) (Reply)

Cute and Romantic Photos Of Muslim Couples

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.