Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,528 members, 7,823,302 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:22 AM

Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station - Islam for Muslims (111) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station (250529 Views)

Janet Jackson Converts To Islam For $20 Million Wedding / ~* Deols is 2011 'Islam For Muslims' Section Poster Of The Year: Congrats~* / 'Islam For Muslims' Library (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (232) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Mofpearl: 3:27pm On Jun 14, 2017

3 Likes

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 6:17pm On Jun 14, 2017
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Mofpearl: 6:50pm On Jun 14, 2017
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Demmzy15(m): 8:55pm On Jun 14, 2017
What are saying? ^^^ Yusuf Qaradawi is an Ikwani, in fact he's one of its leaders. Hamas also is a Muslim Brotherhood entity, so if the demands is for Qatar to severe ties with Muslim Brotherhood, then it concerns the above. The problem between the GCC especially Saudi, Qatar and Bahrain started over 20 years ago when the current Emir was still a kid!

There was a list released some days mentioning all those Qatar has directly and indirectly backed as regards terrorism, so stop making it sound as if it's because of Qaradawi GCC is angry at Qatar. The rift also can be politically motivated as evidence of when King Abdullah withdrew envoys in 2014.

As regards Al Jazeera, many of us here are young we mostly listen to Al Jazeera English. When scholars warned against Aj, it's mostly Al Jazeera Arabic. Haven't you wondered why the authorities mostly arrest their Arab staffs? It was because of the propaganda hauled at Saudi that Al Arabiya was launch to counter it. This channel as been writing articles and columns about the Qatari problem for years even before there was this rift!

Note: Whenever you read any "opinion" articles on Alarabiya English, the following disclaimer is always attached "Views expressed by writers in this section are their own and do not reflect Al Arabiya English's point-of-view."

Further Read:

-Who's Muhammad Jassim Al Sulaiti?

-Who are the Egyptians on the Terror List?

I'll be updating, if I get more Insha'Allaahu!
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Mofpearl: 11:57pm On Jun 14, 2017
.....this was a poorly structured response.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Mofpearl: 12:21am On Jun 15, 2017
Because I can erase it.

2 Likes

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Mofpearl: 2:08am On Jun 15, 2017
^^
I really tried to shorten that but....yeah it' didn't really work.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 2:26am On Jun 15, 2017
^^^^

Hummmmmm

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Mofpearl: 8:26am On Jun 15, 2017
Found the list and searched for Qataris on the list. Asides, the charity organizations, the list contained individuals who are accused and there was nothing suggested the Qatari government supported them. Now, out of all the list of Qataris, some were/are sanctioned by the US and UN, were arrested, served jail terms or even on exile. This is according to Wikipedia. Others who haven't been sanctioned are only accused but work with organisations like the UN. A few didn't have wikipedia pages so.....I couldn't get any info on them

http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/qatar/qatar-linked-people-groups-on-terror-list-1.2040686

Both the pentagon and US ambassador to Qatar have stated that Qatar plays a manor role in the fight against terrorism and the UN mentioned that it isn't bounded by the list released.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 8:39am On Jun 15, 2017
^^^

Quran that warns against unholy alliance knows what it is talking about. I told you before that Qatar joined forces with UN anti-Gadafi alliance to oust Qaddafi. Now it is facing its own music. Quran already warned but they dont listen. I am afraid Qatar might next target for destruction undecided

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Demmzy15(m): 11:57am On Jun 15, 2017
Mofpearl:

Do you believe Hamas is a terrorist organization?

I do and I don't. The reason "I do" is because of some of it's methods and the reason why "I don't" is because they rule the people of Gaza. Throughout the times I've known the organization, I've never been satisfied with their methods.

The official representatives of Palestinians is the Palestinian National Authority under President Mahmoud Abbas, Qatar on the other hand views Hamas to be. This is probably the reason why Saudi Arabia requested to severe ties!

I have always stated that what's going on is simply political. The reason I posted that was because some post above suggested that having Alqawari in Qatar was the reason for the rift and I didn't want anyone to get the impression that it was.

The source of the problem was embedded in one of the links, please go through. This is what I call "accumulated anger" or what we call "their cup don full"

If you can find a source for the list,then do. If the list is what I am thinking then that is baseless. They called Qatar Charity a terrorist organization which even the UN has come to defend. If they released the list why can't they take to the UN, provided they have evidence?

This is the list http://english.alarabiya.net/en/News/gulf/2017/06/09/Arab-countries-release-list-of-terrorist-financiers-supported-by-Qatar.html

The profile of some of them was attached in my last post. Qatar charity as been linked to Al Qaeda way long before the rift.

Jamal Ahmed al-Fadl was Osama bin Laden's former business agent. He defected to the United States in 1996. In testimony to the 9/11 Commission and Congress, Al-Fadl said that Bin Laden told him in 1993 that the Qatar Charitable Society (QCS), which was later renamed to Qatar Charity, was one of Bin Laden's main sources of funding.
http://stopterrorfinance.org/stories/510634062-qatar-charity-pioneer-and-master-of-terror-finance

And as for going to the UN, the GCC is similar to European Union, African Union and ECOWAS and they deal with their matters the way they like. When Liberia was at war, ECOWAS and AU were at the forefront confronting the issue not the UN.

Why the blockade? Let's be honest here. This is very similar to Israeli treatment of the Gazans- collective punishment and blockade. If this was a non-Muslim country we'll all be upset about the treatment. What was the reaction when the US banned citizens of some Muslim countries from going to the US? Now Saudi is doing the same but no one is saying anything. I will read and add more when I see the list.What is going on is simply wrong and there are no justification for Saudi's action

The issue of Gaza is totally different from Qatar, Qatar's seaports and airports are still open. It's only land border with Saudi as been closed.

With regards to the link, that is another opinionated article which is quite fair but I don't agree with it completely. I can bring opinion articles from Al-Jazeera as well, will you be interested in that?

Not all articles I referenced were opinions, I presented some opinions because it explains the issues in detail and how it all started. At least, I'm able to get the other side of the story not just one narrative.

So because they carry critical news, it's propaganda? I don't watch the Arabic channel but I watch the English channel. Al-Jazeera wasn't the only channel blocked in Egypt, where I know their staff got arrested. Other independent news outlets were blocked as well. Sisi's anti-media war didn't start today. Why aren't other countries/news outlets complaining of the propaganda? I have read of Al-Jazeera Arabic being biased but again what does Saudi consider propaganda? All external media sources I have read never mentioned that Al-Jazeera truly propagated propaganda but was critical of the government and is only being accused by Saudi. Even if it is biased, Saudi can sue them, the same way Qatar sued Egypt.

So aljazeerah carries critical news, how did you get to know that aljazeerah Arabic carries critical news when you don't watch it? Is that not a form of bias that you claimed to be fighting, and does that not go against your so called "core values"?

Do you know that due to some of their actions almost led to bloodshed in Egypt(in fact it led) and Tunisia? If they're critical of the Saudis won't that lead to being bias?

Muhammed is a Qatari citizen, is the government expected to abandon him? Doesn't Saudi Arabia have a rehab for previous terrorist/extremist?
He only started working for Qatar Charity 15 says ago. What's to say he hasn't been rehabilitated?

Does Qatar have rehab for previous terrorists? Did Muhammad attend a rehab? We don't need speculations!

The Egyptians are all linked to the Muslim Brotherhood which Sisi called a terrorist group after attaining power. Who else asides Sisi, Russia and Saudi& co considers them terrorist groups?

Do I need to lecture you about Ikwanis? Or are you sympathetic to Ikwanis so I can know if I should continue this discussion or not?

*As for your conclusions, Saudi and others knew exactly what the problem was, I posted a link which showed that this problem started over 20years ago.

The Syria issue was also jeopardized by Qatar when it funded Islamists. The plan of GCC, Turkey and Jordan was to arm and support the Free Syrian Army(Arabs, Kurds, Turkmen, Assyrians) which would fight Assad, ISIS and Nusra but Qatar did the other through its charity and the individuals. This is why Saudi reduced its arm support for rebels, they don't want the weapons to get into the wrong hands.

In Syria, there's now constant infighting among moderate rebels and Islamists.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Demmzy15(m): 12:04pm On Jun 15, 2017
Mofpearl:
Found the list and searched for Qataris on the list. Asides, the charity organizations, the list contained individuals who are accused and there was nothing suggested the Qatari government supported them. Now, out of all the list of Qataris, some were/are sanctioned by the US and UN, were arrested, served jail terms or even on exile. This is according to Wikipedia. Others who haven't been sanctioned are only accused but work with organisations like the UN. A few didn't have wikipedia pages so.....I couldn't get any info on them

It contains many family members, and foreigners who have been granted sanctuary by Qatar. Working with the UN doesn't proof anything, Israel commits great atrocities and they are in the UN. UN almost does nothing to put them in check, even reports criticizing them have all been withdrawn.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Mofpearl: 2:10pm On Jun 15, 2017
Demmzy15:

So aljazeerah carries critical news, how did you get to know that aljazeerah Arabic carries critical news when you don't watch it? Is that not a form of bias that you claimed to be fighting, and does that not go against your so called "core values"?[quote]

I really didn't intend to carry on with this discussion but I am only responding to this cuz I think it's an attack against my person. Did u miss the part where I mentioned all external media outlets (outside GCC) I read mentioned the reason for the shut down was because the news was critical and no one mentioned that al-jazeera acually propagated propaganda. Didn't I also mention that I have read about Aljazeera Arabic being biased and if they truly are then Saudi can take legal actions? If I intended to be bias would I have mentioned that?

2) Air spaces and seports from UAE and Bahrain have been closed to qatari organizations and organizations registered in Qatar. These are the ports usually used by Qatar. Qatar Airways offices have also been shut and some of their staffs detained ( as reported by its CEO). All private companies/organizations in Qatar require that a Qatari co owns it * so I am not sure what will be allowed to pass through except Qatar finds external organizarions to ship things in. This is the reason Turkey, Iran, Morroco, and Oman have stepped in.
And yes it is still collective punishment because regular GCC citizens are the most affected. Families are being torn apart and are being threatned to return back to their countries or face severe consequences. People who school have to chabge school. People's who started businesses in those countries have to leave.
Before u mention the "hotline numbers" to call for help, those that I have heard of that called those numbers didn't get a response and only immediate family members are entitled to the 'aid services'.

3)I read all the link you posted, saudi is mad cuz Qatar supports Hamas, Qatar supported Arab Spring, and Qatar has a neutral stance with Iran. Did you also read the opinion article I posted? I find the opinions are somewhat biased against Qatar and mainly written by people affiliated with Al-Arabiya which was why I requested sources outside the GCC. The opinions on Al-Jazeera English * well the one's I've read also support Qatar which is another reason I was asking for news outside the GCC. I only refered you to that article to give you the perspective from within Qatar.

4)You made speculations as well. And I read years ago that exteimists being rehabilitated in Qatar but it's usually very secretive. But I am not sure if that only applies to Qatari citizens.

5) I am not sympathetic towards any groups. I don't know who the Ikwanis are and I am not sure why they are a problem. All I am aware of is Yusuf Qawadari who as I understood follows a wrong creed so maybe I need that lecture.

6) Haven't looked at any of the links u posted, but you honestly raised 'some' valid points. Even if I do read the links I won't be commenting on this issue anymore for safety reasons.

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by vedaxcool(m): 8:46pm On Jun 15, 2017
Unfortunate that Saudi would treat a muslim country in such a manner during Ramadhan. They simply don't just get it and I doubt they would get it. Their act of besieging Qatar is not different from what Israel does to Gaza. Despite their money and power they have continued to lack the strategic depth to leaverage on the it. Everytime they start up hasty actions like this without properly planning its outcome they undermine their credibility. In this crisis it is coming evident that an Israeli firm is coordinating with the UAE ambassador to the US in this actions. The Saudis keep fighting the wrong war at the wrong time. The fact trump boasted that he instigated the crisis should be a thing of shame to the Saudis as it makes them look like lackeys of trump and even should make the likes of Qatar reflect on how they entangled themselves in such intricacies. At the end this is just another case of a big country bullying another one, which shouldn't be as there are other ways of correcting bad behavior. Calling Hamas terrorists is very disheartening to hear. Defending Saudi actions with the hadith is very wrong. This behavior of Saudi shouldn't be condoned as it sets a bad precedence of handling disputes.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 8:18pm On Jun 16, 2017

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 8:59pm On Jun 16, 2017
Hadith on Ramadan: The Prophet says ameen three times while climbing the Minbar

عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ أَنّ النَّبِيَّ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ صَعِدَ الْمِنْبَرَ فَقَالَ آمِينَ آمِينَ آمِينَ قِيلَ يَا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ إِنَّكَ حِينَ صَعِدْتَ الْمِنْبَرَ قُلْتَ آمِينَ آمِينَ آمِينَ قَالَ إِنَّ جِبْرِيلَ أَتَانِي فَقَالَ مَنْ أَدْرَكَ شَهْرَ رَمَضَانَ وَلَمْ يُغْفَرْ لَهُ فَدَخَلَ النَّارَ فَأَبْعَدَهُ اللَّهُ قُلْ آمِينَ فَقُلْتُ آمِينَ وَمَنْ أَدْرَكَ أَبَوَيْهِ أَوْ أَحَدَهُمَا فَلَمْ يَبَرَّهُمَا فَمَاتَ فَدَخَلَ النَّارَ فَأَبْعَدَهُ اللَّهُ قُلْ آمِينَ فَقُلْتُ آمِينَ وَمَنْ ذُكِرْتُ عِنْدَهُ فَلَمْ يُصَلِّ عَلَيْكَ فَمَاتَ فَدَخَلَ النَّارَ فَأَبْعَدَهُ اللَّهُ قُلْ آمِينَ فَقُلْتُ آمِينَ

915 صحيح ابن حبان كتاب الرقائق باب الأدعية

1679 المحدث الألباني خلاصة حكم المحدث حسن صحيح في صحيح الترغيب

Abu Huraira reported: The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, ascended the pulpit and he said, “Amīn, amīn, amīn.” It was said, “O Messenger of Allah, you ascended the pulpit and said amīn, amīn, amīn.” The Prophet said, “Verily, Gabriel came to me and he said: Whoever reaches the month of Ramadan and he is not forgiven, then he will enter Hellfire and Allah will cast him far away, so say amīn. I said amīn. Whoever sees his parents in their old age, one or both of them, and he does not honor them and he dies, then he will enter Hellfire and Allah will cast him far away, so say amīn. I said amīn. Whoever has your name mentioned in his presence and he does not send blessings upon you and he dies, then he will enter Hellfire and Allah will cast him far away, so say amīn. I said amīn.”

Source: Ṣaḥīḥ Ibn Ḥibbān 915
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Mofpearl: 11:12am On Jun 17, 2017
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Mofpearl: 11:15am On Jun 17, 2017
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Mofpearl: 1:41pm On Jun 17, 2017
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by onegig(m): 9:50pm On Jun 18, 2017
People be quoting unnecessary and incorrect statistics.

Also arguing back and forth as regards things they have no knowledge of.

Don't bring religion or whatever into this. The middle East situation is so complicated you would need to time travel us all back a 100 years to be able to fix anything.

People don't fight over religion but self interests and that is exactly what's playing out and it is the norm since 0.000 AD. So I would advice you don't get yourself all worked up if you really don't have a direct flow of benefit as regards what happens out there. Just kindly face the immediate issues around you.

3 Likes

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Mofpearl: 11:01am On Jun 19, 2017
omohoneyland:
Please my people help me. We are from a poor family and I have a very stubborn boy of 13 years son that I want to put him under a Muslim clergy man away from my state. I want him to become a reliable person and to be very good a Arabic speaking. I am ready to come for better discussion. any of Imam that want to help me.

I saw that you wanted responses from Muslims so I am mentioning you here because you are more likely to get that.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jun 19, 2017
@omohoneyland

I don't think thats the best thing to do, there is no certainty he will leave his stubbornness, as for being stubborn "boys will be boys" he will outgrow this. I know of someone whose parent took him to an "Alfa", his parents took him out of there eventually because of the way he was treated, he could go a day without food, Abdullaah(not real name) that was very fat became as thin as a broom, upon all that, he his still stubborn....

Just look for a good Islamic school he can be going to daily from home and he should be monitored closely, like always going to the school to ask if he actually went there....

Its just juvenile delinquency, he will outgrow it, we all have been stubborn at some point in time....

By the way, you can punish him by not letting him go out all day, no TV and any other thing he might enjoy doing.... You can as well punish him by giving him tasks to do like " pick pin" and something similar, it doesn't always have to be a rod.....

*hope this makes sense....
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jun 19, 2017
Shaykh fawzaan Embarrassed while he was praised

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XTVrYEQsoY

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 2:40am On Jun 20, 2017
On polygamy.

"Meh ni olohun wi" cheesy grin

1 Share

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 5:52am On Jun 20, 2017
The Thing Pains Me

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 4:33am On Jun 21, 2017
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 8:38am On Jun 21, 2017
Guyman02:
Blame America and the west for turning Libya from the most prosperous African country ahead of several EU countries into a failed state which their fake news media like CNN called 'humanitarian intervention' to give Libya 'Freedom and Democracy'

Now they have moved on to destroy Syria after Iraq by shooting down a Syrian jet bombing ISIS which they established, fund and armed.

Under Gaddafi there were no ISIS, alqaeda or kidnap gangs operating in Libya until the Americans spearheaded by that evil woman Hillary Clinton arrived there.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Mofpearl: 8:47am On Jun 21, 2017
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by AlBaqir(m): 12:29pm On Jun 21, 2017
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by AlBaqir(m): 12:30pm On Jun 21, 2017
Empiree:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBFi4FVzOv8

# Unfortunately, there is no definite design for the debate despite the fact that they agreed on three topics. For example, they talked about "Tahrif of the Quran" without first define and agree on what Tahrif itself means according to the opinion of both school.

# While the Shia, Ali al-Shobayri seemed to be keen on certain remarks and points made by the Sunni, Muhammad Hijab, the later continue to shift the goalposts and unfortunately, the former failed to nail his opponent.
For example, issue of Sahabah in respect to Q.9:100.

# Ali al-Shobayri did absolutely nothing regarding the last topic on Imamah. Should have done better.

The "Shia" guy seemed calm while his co-debater continue to show his muscles. He should have be more calm.

Of course, the nuisance group showed up to "beat and probably kill the kufar (the shias)" ending up disrupting the system (especially in concentration).

Better debate next time.

# The Sunni vs Salafi debate on Tawassul (if you can still remember) is far more organised than this.

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by AlBaqir(m): 6:11pm On Jun 21, 2017
Saudi Appoint new crown prince, 31 year old son of King Salman http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-40351578

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (232) (Reply)

Cute and Romantic Photos Of Muslim Couples

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.