Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,727 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:05 PM

Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station - Islam for Muslims (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station (249473 Views)

Janet Jackson Converts To Islam For $20 Million Wedding / ~* Deols is 2011 'Islam For Muslims' Section Poster Of The Year: Congrats~* / 'Islam For Muslims' Library (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (232) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Cheers01: 10:06pm On Sep 02, 2014
Censorship is the best tool for a dictator

The Burkha thread has been hidden/removed.

What a shame!!!

The mods think that they are punishing non-muslims but they are only showing that they (the mods) are weak.

#butthurt islam mod
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Cheers01: 10:22pm On Sep 02, 2014
tbaba1234: In the early 1400s, a scholar of fiqh from the Hijaz, Abd al-Rahman al-Tamimi, traveled to Timbuktu only to realize that the level of scholarship there was so high there that he would have to go to Fez first to take prerequisite courses before he could study with Mali’s scholars.

Lost Islamic History.

Why do you lie for islam? Why?

Please, where is credible proof for this?
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Cheers01: 10:25pm On Sep 02, 2014
Empiree:
Honestly, I think tbaba was right. It's better to ignore you sometimes. Only Allah can make you understand.

You have insulted him, dismissed his points, derided his islamic views and now you feel that he should be ignored.......

You are very lucky that Usermane is a calm person. You know what would have happened if you tried this with me.

mtchew. Islamic tout
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 10:38pm On Sep 02, 2014
Cheers01:

You have insulted him, dismissed his points, derided his islamic views and now you feel that he should be ignored.......

You are very lucky that Usermane is a calm person. [s]You know what would have happened if you tried this with me. [/s]

mtchew. Islamic tout
The first and perhaps the last time i saw you on another thread you appeared to be lust for muslim women's faces. So what's your business here?. You love usermane writings but you dont accept Islam still. And everything you mentioned about me, isnt the same thing he's (Usermane) being doing with muslims and muslim scholars in the name of his liberal view of islam?.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 4:09am On Sep 03, 2014
usermane:

i can feel the hate in your chest and i learn from it, am grateful to God.
No, I don't hate you. I only detest your ideology.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 4:14am On Sep 03, 2014
usermane:

Then i asked 5 questions on hadith books, you had to stand aside for tbaba to intervene. Tbaba came with responses that only irrational people will take like
No, I didn't stand aside for tbaba to intervene. He was fortunate to respond before I came by. I was busy. So i dont know what you talking about.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Cheers01: 4:17am On Sep 03, 2014
Empiree:
The first and perhaps the last time i saw you on another thread you appeared to be lust for muslim women's faces. So what's your business here?. You love usermane writings but you dont accept Islam still. And everything you mentioned about me, isnt the same thing he's (Usermane) being doing with muslims and muslim scholars in the name of his liberal view of islam?.

Lies, insults and twisting. It is all you know.

Firstly, I never lusted for muslim women's faces in burkha. If you read the thread instead of getting pained by the title, you would have seen that I clearly said that I have no interest in telling women what to wear.

Secondly, who told you that I love Usermane's writings? I only agree with his approach to religion and not his religion. You dont have to agree with 100% someone says. You could not even see how the flip side of the argument would make you look silly "why isnt userman an atheist"?

Which scholar did usermane insult? Disagreement is different from insulting. Dont just bash usermane, just apologise for your harsh treatment against him. Even your fellow muslims have called you out
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Cheers01: 4:18am On Sep 03, 2014
Empiree:
No, I don't hate you. I only detest your ideology.

What ideology? Islam?
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Cheers01: 4:27am On Sep 03, 2014
A quick lesson in censorship;

Remember when there was a brouhaha over showing images of Muhammad in the media. Many muslims got angry and tried to silence such images. It lead to a festival called "everyone draw Muhammad day" where hundreds of people took a day to draw the prophet. Never had there been so much images of Muhammad.

Censorship of images of the prophet led to an increase in the number of images of the prophet.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 5:02am On Sep 03, 2014
Cheers01:

Lies, insults and twisting. It is all you know.

Firstly, I never lusted for muslim women's faces in burkha. If you read the thread instead of getting pained by the title, you would have seen that I clearly said that I have no interest in telling women what to wear.

Secondly, who told you that I love Usermane's writings? I only agree with his approach to religion and not his religion. You dont have to agree with 100% someone says. You could not even see how the flip side of the argument would make you look silly "why isnt userman an atheist"?

Which scholar did usermane insult? Disagreement is different from insulting. Dont just bash usermane, just apologise for your harsh treatment against him. Even your fellow muslims have called you out
Who's this pikin?. who called you here?. Does this have anything to do with you ? . You only agree with his approach. Ofcourse pseudo always attract disbelieving folks. Leave me and usermane alone to sort out ourselves. He's my friend. This has nothing to do with you.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 5:17am On Sep 03, 2014
Cheers01: A quick lesson in censorship;

Remember when there was a brouhaha over showing images of Muhammad in the media. Many muslims got angry and tried to silence such images. It lead to a festival called "everyone draw Muhammad day" where hundreds of people took a day to draw the prophet. Never had there been so much images of Muhammad.

Censorship of images of the prophet led to an increase in the number of images of the prophet.

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 7:23pm On Sep 03, 2014
[
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 9:08pm On Sep 03, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aHWASyMjwg&feature=player_embedded
So close. Some similarities. Clearly Christians are way off.

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 12:32am On Sep 04, 2014
On circumcision, is it actually a must for male?. Although, hadith doesn't seem to distinguish. But it's common knowledge that female circumcision is haram in Islam. But is it a must for male?. What's Ijma on this.
I understand that Quran is silent on this but i think if we are to adopt methodology of those who reject hadith, it may be misleading. They only read and "understand" Qur'an cosmetically. For example, they will quote how Allah perfected human and all that but this doesn't necessarily answer the question as each verse of Qur'an is historically connected. My question to them is if humans are perfected and nothing needs to be altered, why cutting nails of baby, why shaving(haircut)them?, why cutting umbilical cord? etc. I think they misunderstood human being perfect creation. My only question though is bold
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by tbaba1234: 7:14am On Sep 04, 2014
Some come to the Quran to seek benefit and others to seek criticism. Allah increases each in what they came for.

- Ustadh Nouman Ali Khan

"Indeed, Allah is not timid to present an example - that of a mosquito or what is smaller than it. And those who have believed know that it is the truth from their Lord. But as for those who disbelieve, they say, "What did Allah intend by this as an example?" He misleads many thereby and guides many thereby. And He misleads not except the defiantly disobedient," [Surah 2:26]

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by tbaba1234: 7:39am On Sep 04, 2014
"Say: Shall We tell you those who are the worst losers in their deeds? They are those who spent their lifetimes in misguided deeds, all the while thinking they were doing good" [Kahf: 104-5]

And our Prophet (SAW) said, "A person will always remain in some ease with regards to his affairs [on Judgment Day], as long as he does not spill innocent blood."

May Allah protect us from being amongst these categories.

-Sheikh Yasir Qadhi

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by tbaba1234: 7:49am On Sep 04, 2014
Sister Linda Sarsour attacked.

"My Deputy Director and I were harassed and assaulted by a bigoted drunk who hurled hateful Islamophobic and anti-Arab epithets at us on 5th Avenue in Bay Ridge. He said "you are cutting people's heads off sharmoota, I'm going to cut off your head and see how your people will feel, you Arab b****" and plenty more after that. He had some sort of item or tool in his back pocket (we could see the handle of it) he ran after us and picked up a huge NYC metal garbage can and threw it at us causing us to have to run in to oncoming traffic. AAANY is five blocks away from a police precinct and it took NYPD over 45 minutes to show up. But even before that I went to 4th avenue and saw an empty police car parked on the corner, immediately looked around saw Steve's bagels and walked in. Sure enough, the cops who were dispatched were ordering sandwiches. That exchange didn't go well. Maybe next time I need a knife in my back before the police think it's important enough for them to show up."

See Linda Sarsour here on CNN:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZKqxxoUoYs&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by vedaxcool(m): 8:10am On Sep 04, 2014
^^^^^

Quite Sad! The world has gone mad!
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Cheers01: 8:24am On Sep 04, 2014
^^^
Yes, one case of islamophobic discrimination and the world has gone mad.

What about the consistent oppression of atheists in the middle east/Asia by sharia compliant countries? Beatings, imprisonments?
What about the consistent warfare and strife in the middle east/north Africa?
What about the failure of the West + Nigeria to stop Boko Haram?

Please, dont be a professional victim!
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Cheers01: 8:31am On Sep 04, 2014
tbaba1234: Some come to the Quran to seek benefit and others to seek criticism. Allah increases each in what they came for.

- Ustadh Nouman Ali Khan

"Indeed, Allah is not timid to present an example - that of a mosquito or what is smaller than it. And those who have believed know that it is the truth from their Lord. But as for those who disbelieve, they say, "What did Allah intend by this as an example?" He misleads many thereby and guides many thereby. And He misleads not except the defiantly disobedient," [Surah 2:26]

Seeking criticism itself is a benefit. The best understanding comes from seeing both the good and the bad side of things

And see how you quoted Surah assaults the disbeliever for asking questions? sad
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by vedaxcool(m): 8:55am On Sep 04, 2014
Am sorry, I have ran out of troll biscuits.

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Cheers01: 9:03am On Sep 04, 2014
vedaxcool: Am sorry, I have ran out of troll biscuits.

Too much Arabic can spoil your English- "I have RUN out of troll biscuits"

It is easy to claim "trolling" when your arguments have been exposed as shallow. Professional victimhood 101
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by vedaxcool(m): 9:40am On Sep 04, 2014

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by AlBaqir(m): 6:09pm On Sep 04, 2014
Bro. Tariq Al-Maliki writes

"AIDS/HIV is not just a "kafr" issue, we are not
immune. Just because someone rocks a hijab or kufi
& beard dont mean they are not sexualy
promiscuous nor even on the down low (yea I said
it).. Be careful with who you intend to marry, its
alright to ask others regarding your prospective
husband/wife. In fact it is common sense to do so..."
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 8:02pm On Sep 04, 2014
Like this King "Jafi Java" of Oyo State grin with 4 beautiful wives. I heard the youngest wife is 16. 9ja with "hypocrazy". They said she's happy so age no bi "big deal". Dont know if the man is muslim but their why outcry over Yarima?. Anyways, na dem sabi
True talk up there King Al-Baqir shocked

http://naijagists.com/nigerian-king-alaafin-of-oyo-4-wives-go-shopping-at-london-mall-photos/

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 8:04pm On Sep 04, 2014
She passed away around 1pm today. Careful what you wish for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIibX4Drzxs#t=37
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Cheers01: 9:25pm On Sep 04, 2014
Empiree:
In African man's voice, respect your elders. Oyibo presidents waka around mall in foreign counties as well with their wives, maybe just one. But for this King "Jafi Java" with 4 women, that's African pride. grin

African foolishness angry

There was a british tabloid that exposed African royals, especially Nigerian ones. They do nothing for the society and get rich. At least, British Royals engage in charity and military service.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by tbaba1234: 3:55pm On Sep 05, 2014
When you think of muslim scholars of the past, you can not help but be amazed by their thought process. Islamic scholarship has suffered a lot. Many of our scholars today can't even compete.

I was studying the Quran the other day, and I came across comments from Imam Razi (died 1209 CE).

The ayah was alhamdulilah rabbil alamin: praise and gratitude be to Allah, master of all nature of existence (Man, Jinn, angels and whatever else).

Imam razi said that the existence of an indefinite space beyond our world can be proved on the basis of rational argument, and that it is also certain that Allah is all powerful so it should not be at all difficult for Him to have created million of other worlds in this endless space.

As for the objection that no man or animal can live in outer space owing to the lack of the kind of air compatible to man. Imam razi replies that the inhabitants of other worlds in the outer space need not necessarily have the same physical make up as that of the inhabitants of our world and suggests that their organic composition and the requirements for nourishment and sustenance might just be totally different.

Imam Razi died in 1209..

Not only was he an islamic scholar, He also wrote on medicine, physics, astronomy, literature, history and law.

Here we have Imam Razi, alluding to possible alien life.

This man was thinking way beyond his era and he was not the only one. You will see many outstanding statements from islamic scholars in that era because they were well grounded in many areas and were well-rounded.

We need to raise islamic scholarship to that level again.

Cc: sino

4 Likes

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by tbaba1234: 4:31pm On Sep 05, 2014
Seun has removed muslim threads from front page again..

It is difficult to understand his thinking.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by AbdH: 6:27pm On Sep 05, 2014
tbaba1234: Seun has removed muslim threads from front page again..

It is difficult to understand his thinking.

He started from last week. There is probably more to it than we know.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (232) (Reply)

Cute and Romantic Photos Of Muslim Couples

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.