Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,706 members, 7,820,469 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:30 PM

Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station - Islam for Muslims (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station (250166 Views)

Janet Jackson Converts To Islam For $20 Million Wedding / ~* Deols is 2011 'Islam For Muslims' Section Poster Of The Year: Congrats~* / 'Islam For Muslims' Library (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (232) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by karferguso(m): 4:18pm On Sep 14, 2015
In the quest of seeking for more knowledge and being a better Muslim.I found myself worse off.
It dawned on me the level of disunity and disagreement among the Muslim Ummah.
For example even here on NL, u see people disagreeing on common Islamic doctrines/teachings
both with the Qur'an and Hadiths as reference.
Also, the issue of sects in Islam, I was brought up with the belief that once you are a Muslim
following the Qur'an and the Sunnah..you are on the right path, But,nowadays, People's
teachings and lectures have made it seem that unless you are of a particular 'sect' you are not
truly a believer.
I pray to Allah to lead me onto the right path or as inferred most times here the right "sect"
I am still very young..will just clock 17 this month and I already have a life time of worries and
confusions to deal with. I think I am not the one with this kinda problem. It's really
It is acting like a virus in my body and soul
But why the disunity,confusion,sectionalization among the Muslim Ummah?
Salaam
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 5:17pm On Sep 14, 2015
@ karferguso brother, the least thing you should worry about is "sect" and "division" in the muslim ummah. It is the prophecy that is in effect. Please get your mind off it. Stay out of sectarianism. I have come to realise that many of these sects, despite their silly differences, they are doing the same thing in some form or manner except that some may be extreme. They just dont want to admit it bcus of ego.

This whole sect thing was there long time but many muslims have no idea. It's only in recent yrs, like after sept 11 incident the whole silly things fell out of proporton. You would notice that you were taught basics growing up. Stick to that and continue studying and seeking knowledge. If some aggressive people come accusing you of non sunnah practices, simply ask ulama around you.

Sometime, various factions fight or disgree over "choice of words" but they dont want to admit. It is not our fault. It's prophecy of our master, the son of Abdulallai is in effect. We are living in Last Age brother. Focus your deen on basics while you seek knowledge. Forget about noise makers bro.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by karferguso(m): 5:31pm On Sep 14, 2015
Empiree:
@ karferguso brother, the least thing you should worry about is "sect" and "division" in the muslim ummah. It is prophecy that is in effect. Please get your mind off it. Stay out of sectarianism. I have come to realise that many of these sects, despite their silly differences, they are doing the same thing in some form or manner except that some may be extreme. They just dont want to admit it bcus of ego.

This whole sect thing was there long time but many muslims have no idea. It's only in recent yrs, like after sept 11 incident the whole silly things fell out of proporton. You would notice that you were taught basics growing up. Stick to that and continue studying and seeking knowledge. If some aggressive people come accusing you of non sunnah practices, simply ask ulama around you.

Sometime, various factions fight or disgree over "choice of words" but they dont want to admit. It is not our fault. It's prophecy of our master, the son of Abdulallai is in effect. We are living in Last Age brother. Focus your deen on basics while you seek knowledge. Forget about noise makers bro.
Thanks bro..I'll put this into practice.but it is in the course of seeking for more knowledge that I got muddled up in this and more so, we can't even differentiate in this new age the extreme and the moderacy and even sometimes the True path and misguidance since all of them find solace in the Qur'an and the Hadith.
I am almost falling into a depressed state...I am more concerned that even among my friends this confusion and unrestful mind exist.
Prior to this time, it is something of pride to Muslims that there is unity. I only got to know the extent of disunity when I got admitted into the university
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 5:51pm On Sep 14, 2015
^ I understand. It's very stressful indeed. It's very true that in the thirst of seeking knowldge you encounter deep differences.

Truth is, we can't help it. It's prophecy at work. Just do your thing and avoid name calling of others. You can keep seeking knowledge without getting yourself worked up; so long as you dont involve yourself in sectarian rubbish, you should be fine. Islam is the ONLY Way. Always remember that.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 6:37pm On Sep 14, 2015
A friend just sent this to me on whatsapp moments ago. We are truly living in the Last Age.

INNALILLAHI WA INNA ILAIHI RAJIUN.
This is a picture of some people from Libya that created their own Ka'aba were they will be Worshipping. My Dear Brothers and Sisters in Islam this to tell you that the World have come to an End.
Please Because of Allah (S W T) if you Read please forward it.
May Almighty Allah protect Us from the Evil of Our time.From Mijinyawa Ali.

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by karferguso(m): 7:29pm On Sep 14, 2015
Empiree:
^ I understand. It's very stressful indeed. It's very true that in the thirst of seeking knowldge you encounter deep differences.

Truth is, we can't help it. It's prophecy at work. Just do your thing and avoid name calling of others. You can keep seeking knowledge without getting yourself worked up; so long as you dont involve yourself in sectarian rubbish, you should be fine. Islam is the ONLY Way. Always remember that.
Thanks bro. I appreciate your view on non involvement in sections

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 3:47pm On Sep 15, 2015
AHadith of the day

Picture of the day

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 3:49pm On Sep 15, 2015
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 2:49pm On Sep 16, 2015
Ayah of the day

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 3:20pm On Sep 16, 2015
Hadith of the day

Picture of the day

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 2:52am On Sep 17, 2015
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 5:22pm On Sep 17, 2015
Hadith of the day

Quote of the day

Picture of the day

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Kunlexic(m): 12:55pm On Sep 18, 2015
Salam alaykum brothers and sisters with outstanding knowledge of the religion

Please is it normal for a muslim to post RIP(du'a) on a social media's profile of a dead person?
I need answer...thanks

PS: u shd kindly reply me with answer with evidence to back it up.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 4:16pm On Sep 19, 2015
Hadith of the day

Quote of the day

Picture of the day

2 Shares

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 4:19pm On Sep 19, 2015
Hadith of the day

Quote of the day

Picture of the day

1 Share

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 3:09pm On Sep 20, 2015
AHadith Of The Day

Picture Of The Day

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 11:28am On Sep 21, 2015
Hadith Of The Day

Quote Of The Day

Picture Of The Day

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 2:39pm On Sep 22, 2015
Hadith of the day

Quote of the day

Picture of the day

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Hkana: 5:14pm On Sep 22, 2015
Empiree, thanks for the daily hadith.
Albaqir, where art thou? Do Shia perform hajj too? The hajj to Makka?

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 5:33pm On Sep 22, 2015
Hkana:
Emp.iree, thanks for the daily hadith.

Albaqir, where art thou? Do Shia perform hajj too? The hajj to Makka?
You welcome.

Nice piece ( and testimonies) here on shia's hajj.

https://www.quora.com/How-is-the-Sunni-and-Shia-split-managed-during-the-Hajj-Do-the-two-groups-do-it-differently-Does-the-Saudi-Government-either-officially-or-unofficially-treat-the-Shia-pilgrims-differently-than-the-Sunni-ones
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Hkana: 10:18pm On Sep 22, 2015
^^^ Jazaakumullah khairaan bro. The link aptly answered my question smiley

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 11:52am On Sep 23, 2015
Hadith of the day

Picture of the day

1 Share

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 2:30pm On Sep 23, 2015
Related Hajj Activities

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Hkana: 5:59pm On Sep 23, 2015
Hmmm..... Ma sha Allah. It's a beautiful sight to behold. There's no span of land except there are people.

I'm looking forward to being there someday

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 3:02am On Sep 24, 2015
[size=60pt]Eld Mubaraq[/size]

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Hkana: 6:49am On Sep 24, 2015
Eid mubarak to all Muslims, especially the side talk station family grin

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 5:38pm On Sep 24, 2015
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 7:40pm On Sep 24, 2015
Ahadith of the day

Pictures of the day

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 3:23pm On Sep 25, 2015
Hadith of the day

Pictures of the day

Quote of the day

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 2:04am On Sep 26, 2015
grin

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 4:01pm On Sep 26, 2015
Ahadith of the day

Pictures of the day

I Always Love Second Hadith. It Is Refreshing.

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 7:30pm On Sep 27, 2015
Ahadth Of The Day

Pictures Of The Day

Quote Of The Day

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (232) (Reply)

Cute and Romantic Photos Of Muslim Couples

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.