Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,661 members, 7,823,875 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station - Islam for Muslims (64) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station (250548 Views)

Janet Jackson Converts To Islam For $20 Million Wedding / ~* Deols is 2011 'Islam For Muslims' Section Poster Of The Year: Congrats~* / 'Islam For Muslims' Library (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (232) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 2:37pm On Apr 02, 2016
Fundamentalist:

rubbish
Everything is rubbish.....this salawat is rubbish too?. Grow up akhi
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 2:40pm On Apr 02, 2016
Fundamentalist:

just tell us plainly that u dont like the above quoted ahadeeth, no suprise from an average yoruba man, i stand to greet my parents. for yoruba man culture first before religion
Your opinion
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 1:25pm On Apr 04, 2016
Pictures And Hadith of the day

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 3:19am On Apr 12, 2016
Nothing But Truth

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 3:20am On Apr 12, 2016
Word!

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 3:57am On Apr 12, 2016
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 5:09pm On Apr 15, 2016
"Nothing Legitimately Belongs To A Muslim Which Belongs To Another Muslim Unless It's Given Freely And Willing-fully"

~ RosuluLlah {}
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by ayinba1(f): 10:38pm On Apr 15, 2016
As Salam alaykum warahmatullah wa barakat. So I received the message below in my email

> My name is Gretchen Peters. I’m a Grammy-nominated songwriter and singer, a proud Nashvillian, and most importantly a mom. My son is transgender. And the “bathroom bill” that Tennessee lawmakers are trying to pass will harm my family.
>
> You may have heard of these “bathroom bills” - efforts by lawmakers to exploit fear and ignorance about transgender people to bully and harass vulnerable transgender students across the country. North Carolina recently passed the country’s first one. They say that all people must use restrooms that correspond with their gender assigned at birth and not the gender with which they live and identify. Last month, South Dakota’s governor just vetoed one of these anti-transgender bills, thanks to the tireless work of community activists in the state and around the country.
>
> We can do this in Tennessee. If we raise our voices together, we can make sure Tennessee’s lawmakers do the right thing and kill this bill before the session ends this month.
>
> My son is the bravest person I know. At age 3, the child I had been raising as a girl declared himself a boy. In my ignorance, I didn’t understand. In an unfriendly world, he internalized the message that he was “born wrong.” Eventually both his certainty about his identity and the agony of suppressing it for over 20 years were so great that he mustered up the courage to do something I couldn't imagine myself doing - he came out as transgender.
>
> I have empathy for parents who are fearful about issues related to gender. But I have greater empathy for the kids themselves. They face something more terrifying than most of us will ever have to face - often all alone.
>
> Make sure the many courageous transgender children of Tennessee don’t stand alone in this fight. Sign the petition to say that transgender students deserve our love and respect - not punishment for being who they are.
>
> As a parent, I am horrified by the vitriol swirling around this bill in my state. The opposition is actively threatening parents like me who support transgender children, accusing us of not caring about children’s welfare. The hypocrisy here is staggering - these people are the ones trying to make a law that explicitly targets students for discrimination.
>
> When we institutionalize this kind of discrimination, we force transgender kids deeper into the closet and shut them off from the support they so desperately need. We impart to them the message that they are “born wrong” - and that is the very last thing that parents should want for our children.
>
> Raise your voice to tell Tennessee’s lawmakers that if they care about our children’s welfare, they must oppose this terrible anti-transgender legislation this week.
>
> Thank you for all that you do,
>
> Gretchen Peters
>
> Sign Gretchen’s petition

And I am/was itching to reply although I suspect it may not be read. For one, I don't know what is in the said bill. Secondly, I don't want a boy who strongly believes that he is a girl to share the restroom with my daughter or vice versa. The proponents of the bill may do better to not have a knee jerk reaction about this so that it does not go the way of the same sex marriage bill.

And before you say "kufr nation" ( that's not the point of this post), I think Nigeria is more kufr than we let on! With the number of mosques in Nigeria, it should be a shining light in the world.

I digress. The reason for the post is to remind us to be careful what we sign on change.org.

On another side note, how can someone be in Nigeria and wear hijab then relocate to the US and take it off, just like that? May Allah safeguard us. I am seeing way too many I begin to wonder if people are genuine in their outward acts of faith but Allah sees our hearts best.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 11:22am On Apr 24, 2016
Sunday Inspirations

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 11:22am On Apr 24, 2016

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by AlBaqir(m): 8:32am On Apr 25, 2016
Sino, what's your view about this article written by one of your favorites, Farid (the nasibi)? He confessed tahrif:
http://twelvershia.net/2015/11/25/defense-sunni-view-quran/
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 3:05pm On Apr 25, 2016
ayinba1:
As Salam alaykum warahmatullah wa barakat. So I received the message below in my email

> My name is Gretchen Peters. I’m a Grammy-nominated songwriter and singer, a proud Nashvillian, and most importantly a mom. My son is transgender. And the “bathroom bill” that Tennessee lawmakers are trying to pass will harm my family.
>
> You may have heard of these “bathroom bills” - efforts by lawmakers to exploit fear and ignorance about transgender people to bully and harass vulnerable transgender students across the country. North Carolina recently passed the country’s first one. They say that all people must use restrooms that correspond with their gender assigned at birth and not the gender with which they live and identify. Last month, South Dakota’s governor just vetoed one of these anti-transgender bills, thanks to the tireless work of community activists in the state and around the country.
>
> We can do this in Tennessee. If we raise our voices together, we can make sure Tennessee’s lawmakers do the right thing and kill this bill before the session ends this month.
>
> My son is the bravest person I know. At age 3, the child I had been raising as a girl declared himself a boy. In my ignorance, I didn’t understand. In an unfriendly world, he internalized the message that he was “born wrong.” Eventually both his certainty about his identity and the agony of suppressing it for over 20 years were so great that he mustered up the courage to do something I couldn't imagine myself doing - he came out as transgender.
>
> I have empathy for parents who are fearful about issues related to gender. But I have greater empathy for the kids themselves. They face something more terrifying than most of us will ever have to face - often all alone.
>
> Make sure the many courageous transgender children of Tennessee don’t stand alone in this fight. Sign the petition to say that transgender students deserve our love and respect - not punishment for being who they are.
>
> As a parent, I am horrified by the vitriol swirling around this bill in my state. The opposition is actively threatening parents like me who support transgender children, accusing us of not caring about children’s welfare. The hypocrisy here is staggering - these people are the ones trying to make a law that explicitly targets students for discrimination.
>
> When we institutionalize this kind of discrimination, we force transgender kids deeper into the closet and shut them off from the support they so desperately need. We impart to them the message that they are “born wrong” - and that is the very last thing that parents should want for our children.
>
> Raise your voice to tell Tennessee’s lawmakers that if they care about our children’s welfare, they must oppose this terrible anti-transgender legislation this week.
>
> Thank you for all that you do,
>
> Gretchen Peters
>
> Sign Gretchen’s petition

And I am/was itching to reply although I suspect it may not be read. For one, I don't know what is in the said bill. Secondly, I don't want a boy who strongly believes that he is a girl to share the restroom with my daughter or vice versa. The proponents of the bill may do better to not have a knee jerk reaction about this so that it does not go the way of the same sex marriage bill.

And before you say "kufr nation" ( that's not the point of this post), I think Nigeria is more kufr than we let on! With the number of mosques in Nigeria, it should be a shining light in the world.

I digress. The reason for the post is to remind us to be careful what we sign on change.org.

On another side note, how can someone be in Nigeria and wear hijab then relocate to the US and take it off, just like that? May Allah safeguard us. I am seeing way too many I begin to wonder if people are genuine in their outward acts of faith but Allah sees our hearts best.

This whole thing about transgender is really a matter of figh in Islam. Before, I used to think it is not true. I guess the more we live we see. It's really irrelevant to scream "kufr" without adequate knowledge and how to deal with the situation. It appears to be medical thing. And not every transgender may be able to afford to go through surgical procedures.

As for bold path, that's nothing but haq. My take on that is, it's a social and societal pressure. With time, some improved and retraced their right path they have abandoned upon entering western hemisphere. Some get drunk up into it forever. I won't blame them at first.

What's even funny is Americans (some), especially African Americans are trying to run away from their filthy deeds while arabs, muslims and Africans are running into it. It's crazy. And yes, America uphold certain elements of Sharia that is very missing in Nigeria with countless of religious houses of worship.

Let me give you example. In Nigeria, yoruba culture especially, your father can cheat you and rob you of your God-given rights but family would tell you "wofowonu". This is detrimental to society.

There is a clear line in sharia. Religion is one thing, culture in its own and respecting parents is another. Father may still have absolute control over a grown man in Nigeria in the name of "I'm your father". Take their grown child belongings and expect him to beg before giving up what don't belong to him. And father would quote you Qur'an that "you only disobey parents if they ask you to join partners with God". How about respecting your child's right?.

Is like they don't understand Qur'an in its right context. It's like a muslim quoting "La ikrafdin" to mean 'I am a muslim but I don't have to pray salat if I don't want to'.

This has caused lots of setbacks for many leading to frustration. So ofcourse when they have opportunity to see the other side, they run wild in the West. Both religions are guilty in Nigeria.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 12:20am On Apr 27, 2016
Ayat Of The Day

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 12:20am On Apr 27, 2016
Piece of history

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 3:56pm On Apr 27, 2016
Hadith of the day

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 4:19pm On Apr 27, 2016
Ayah of the day

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 3:29pm On Apr 28, 2016
[size=18pt]Ahadith Of The Day:[/size] To come to mosques, sitting on cushions:-

The Holy Prophet (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam) a has said in a hadith that:

During the later ages (of trials and tribulations) the people will arrive (to the gates of) at the mosques on Mayasir (an Arabic word, meaning very costly and fine silk cloth which the rich men used in those days to cover the saddles of their horses). In the olden days it was difficult to imagine what going to the mosques on Mayasir meant. Now it has become very clear that the indication in the Hadith point to the comfortable spring-based car seats on which the richer class of the society go to the mosques for Salat.

The later generations of this Ummah will curse the people of the former generations

The Holy Prophet(Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam) said that when these vices spread in his Ummah, torments and misfortunes shall fall on them God forbid. All the vices which the Holy Prophet (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam) has enumerated in this Hadith are clearly visible in our society today.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 4:14pm On Apr 28, 2016
Picture of the day

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 4:52pm On Apr 28, 2016
Lol...Dubai already upgraded while Nigeria's trying to manufacture own pencil by 2018

Tesla Autopilot - Dubai's First Driverless Car Experience

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diH8Bkdrs4k

Implication of this silly technology though is men will be out of work undecided We already seen this at the airports. Stuff that men used to do computer don take over grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by AlBaqir(m): 7:07pm On Apr 28, 2016
^Really man still have lot to innovate in technology.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by ummsulaym(f): 7:35am On May 01, 2016
To believe in Qadar(Destiny- whether it looks good or bad) is one of the cardinal aspects of Faith. The Muslim is quick to attribute any mishap or misfortune that has taken place to have taken place bi idhnillaah(by the permission of Allaah). I noticed it isn't same to some religions, mishaps are totally linked to the devil's handiwork while feats and prosperity are a manifestation of God's Plans for man, even in the hospital settings it is easier to convince a Muslim family when they lose relatives than a non Muslim family. It took hours convincing this fellow this patient is dead, all he could muster was that the devil is a liar and that God's plans and purpose for the now deceased haven't been fulfilled, the relatives called one of the spiritual heads to come pray for someone who is already pronounced clinically dead. This is what happens when the Da'wah of a religion is based on prosperities rather than realities.

The news of death isn't a pleasing one though and only the one who is bereaved knows how devastating it is but the solace is always Allaah has willed and He does as He wills and indeed we are from Him and to Him is our eventual return. Death is one of the great trials of life and we shall all be tried. May Allaah find us patient and totally accepting His Will.

Alhamdulillaah, we are Muslims and I ask Allaah to safeguard our Eemaan and guide our friends or relatives who haven't yet found guidance to the Deen of Islaam upon the Sunnah of the Prophet and the methodology of his righteous predecessors.

IBN YA'QUB
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Newnas(m): 7:45am On May 01, 2016
Brothers To Brothers
How many of the people around you do this
Can you see why we have many innovators around
The importance of the understanding of the Sahabah:
Ibn Taymiyyah said: "Whoever thinks that he can take from the Quran and the Sunnah without imitating the Sahaabah and emulates other than their way, then (in reality) he is from the people of innovation!"
(Mukhtasirul Fataawa Al Misriyyah pg. 556)

Their advice (i.e Salaf) was short and to the point:
Abu Al-Aswad Ad-Du'ali married his daughter off, and when she was leaving his house he said to her:
"Honor his eyes, nose and ears." Meaning, by adorning yourself, perfuming your body and saying nice words to him. @almunajjid_En

#copied Being famous is a trial, yet most are desirous for it; being unknown is a blessing, yet most are not content with it.

— Ibn Taymiyyah.

Shaikh Ibn al-`Uthaymeen said:
❝No matter how many good deeds you may have done… Don’t be amazed at your actions.
Verily! Your actions are but a few in comparison to… The rights of Allaah upon you.❞
[Sharh Riyaadh al-Saaliheen (1/575) of Shaikh Ibn al-`Uthaymeen]
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 1:37pm On May 01, 2016
Ayat Of The Day

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 5:44pm On May 05, 2016
Lagos Under Attack grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmC70aEXXpA

The Avengers cause mayhem and destruction in Lagos. grin grin
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 4:22am On May 12, 2016
This Movie Is Crazy grin cheesy grin cheesy

But I love It

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ne1uBBMzJ8s

There Are Bunch Of Newnas and fundamentalist there grin shocked grin
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Newnas(m): 9:04am On May 12, 2016
Empiree:
This Movie Is Crazy grin cheesy grin cheesy

But I love It

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ne1uBBMzJ8s

There Are Bunch Of Newnas and fundamentalist there grin shocked grin

Now you use the actions of some sacrilegious lunatics as your proof.

I'm not surprised, the Sufi are very common with such deviant methodologies. eg it's the Sufi sheikhs that will tell you that a mad man is a wali of Allah. that he was given a prayer in his dream (solatul fati) and it's better than the Quran 600 times. And many other craps. In Yoruba land here there is a Sufi sheikh that starts his fast ten days before Ramadan and ends it ten days before shawwal. And that Onikijipa the babalawo that attributes himself to Islam. if you want to count the deviations and non commonsensical feats of the Sufi and their sheikhs, a new section will be needed for it.

You are not the first to display this type of deviation in history, some deviants have preceded you in your misguidance. They innovated in the Deen by distorting the names and attributes of Allah, when they were asked for evidence they couldn't find any. Instead of turning back from their deviations they went deeper into it and used the word of a Christian poet (called al-akhtal) as proof.

SubhanaLLaah, A Christian, and even a poet, they used his word in discussing the names and attributes of their Lord the most exalted. إنا لله وإنا إليه راجعون.
That's the same thing you have done here!!!

Surah Ash-Shuara, Verse 224:
وَالشُّعَرَاءُ يَتَّبِعُهُمُ الْغَاوُونَ

As for the poets, the erring follow them,
(English - Mohsin Khan)

via iQuran

Shaykhul Islam Ibn Taymiyyah said regarding those deviants in his laamiyyah:

قبحا لمن نبذ القران وراءه
و إذا استدل يقول قال الأخطل

Hideous! the one who threw the Quran behind him.
And when he seeks proof he says: "al-akhtal said".
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 10:19am On May 12, 2016
Newnas:

Now you use the actions of some sacrilegious lunatics as your proof.

I'm not surprised, the Sufi are very common with such deviant methodologies. eg it's the Sufi sheikhs that will tell you that a mad man is a wali of Allah. that he was given a prayer in his dream (solatul fati) and it's better than the Quran 600 times. And many other craps. In Yoruba land here there is a Sufi sheikh that starts his fast ten days before Ramadan and ends it ten days before shawwal. And that Onikijipa the babalawo that attributes himself to Islam. if you want to count the deviations and non commonsensical feats of the Sufi and their sheikhs, a new section will be needed for it.

You are not the first to display this type of deviation in history, some deviants have preceded you in your misguidance. They innovated in the Deen by distorting the names and attributes of Allah, when they were asked for evidence they couldn't find any. Instead of turning back from their deviations they went deeper into it and used the word of a Christian poet (called al-akhtal) as proof.

SubhanaLLaah, A Christian, and even a poet, they used his word in discussing the names and attributes of their Lord the most exalted. إنا لله وإنا إليه راجعون.
That's the same thing you have done here!!!

Surah Ash-Shuara, Verse 224:
وَالشُّعَرَاءُ يَتَّبِعُهُمُ الْغَاوُونَ

As for the poets, the erring follow them,
(English - Mohsin Khan)

via iQuran

Shaykhul Islam Ibn Taymiyyah said regarding those deviants in his laamiyyah:

قبحا لمن نبذ القران وراءه
و إذا استدل يقول قال الأخطل

Hideous! the one who threw the Quran behind him.
And when he seeks proof he says: "al-akhtal said".
Subhanllah! What's this nonsense you typed here has to do with video i posted? smh. Sometimes you just talk and what you said is in no way correlate with borne of contention. Did you just wake up when you typed this? Jeez!
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Newnas(m): 12:58pm On May 12, 2016
Empiree:
Subhanllah! What's this nonsense you typed here has to do with video i posted? smh. Sometimes you just talk and what you said is in no way correlate with borne of contention. Did you just wake up when you typed this? Jeez!

sorry, but what I have stated is the fact.

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 4:30pm On May 12, 2016
^ quiet unfortunate you didn't comprehend fun poked about the video. You better slow down akhi.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 5:25pm On May 12, 2016
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Newnas(m): 6:46am On May 13, 2016
Aqeedatu awwalan law kānuu ya'lamuun! "Creed first if they have known!" A lot of people often commence the acquisition of Islamic knowledge with subjects like fiqh (worship-jurispudence), nahw&sarf (grammar&syntax) etc, while creed is taken last or neglected and this make them fall into many errors. Mistake(s) could render one an innovator or even an apostate. Allãhs refuge is sought! Start learning the right aqeedah today! May Allãh bless you all.

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 12:02pm On May 13, 2016
[size=15pt]^[/size] humm

You talking to yourself or what ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (232) (Reply)

Cute and Romantic Photos Of Muslim Couples

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.