Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,304 members, 7,954,226 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:49 PM

Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station - Islam for Muslims (68) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station (267533 Views)

Janet Jackson Converts To Islam For $20 Million Wedding / ~* Deols is 2011 'Islam For Muslims' Section Poster Of The Year: Congrats~* / 'Islam For Muslims' Library (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (234) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Nobody: 2:49pm On Aug 18, 2016
Contact17 you'll have to mail seun personally through pm.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Nobody: 2:50pm On Aug 18, 2016
lexiconkabir:
Contact17 you'll have to mail seun personally through pm.

Ok thanks
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Nobody: 2:52pm On Aug 18, 2016
Contact17:

Ok thanks

Whatever seun says, you let us know, and if he doesn't reply then we'll move on and let him be.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 3:41pm On Aug 18, 2016
Y'all already notified him by constantly mentioning him cheesy

He will visit here unless he chose not to say a word

2 Likes

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Nobody: 3:44pm On Aug 18, 2016
Lol, yea i know, i deliberately kept mentioning his moniker, even in my last statement, i used "he" and later changed it to his moniker........but do you know if they are paid?

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 3:50pm On Aug 18, 2016
^^

maclatunji definitely have clue. I have no idea
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Nobody: 3:53pm On Aug 18, 2016
Oh, then we will just wait on maclatunji to give us full details on the mod thingy...and a better method on reaching seun
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Nobody: 3:59pm On Aug 18, 2016
okay. But until then, how many people are in support of a new mod? (I think we are better off with votes)
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 4:54pm On Aug 18, 2016
Contact17:
okay. But until then, how many people are in support of a new mod? (I think we are better off with votes)
Are mukina & Sissie relinquishing the post?. Why is the need for new MOD?

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Nobody: 5:20pm On Aug 18, 2016
Empiree:

Nope not at all. We just think that the section will be much better managed with a new mod added to the current ones. Especially with regards to keep trolls at bay.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by AlBaqir(m): 5:42pm On Aug 18, 2016
AbuHammaad:

I really doubt the supermods even have time for this section. All we need is an active member of this section

It's not even about avoiding them,they just have a way of messing up the threads and making them look tacky

Yoruba people used to say, "ilé latíì k'èsó ròde". What this section needs is not the so-called "acting mod" after all the present ones aren't relinquishing their posts. And I doubt you've ever consulted them on what you might observed as their "shortcomings".

# Yes every sundry posts thread at will. This is not only from the non-Muslims. Muslims too fall short here. Here, best answer for fools is silence.

# Apart from unnecessary posts, people love derailing threads that seem not going their way. And that is immaturity. Many members of this section are at the fore front in this. You can easily click on a report button and follow the instructions.

# Members here should avoid insulting people, using foul languages etc. Apart from the fact that people (especially non Muslims) might likely judge Islam by these vices, what kind of reactions do you expect if not same abuse or more.

# Members here should try their best to avoid opening threads that condemn other religions at the General Religion section and even at Islam section. It is natural they will fight back real hard. Deleting their threads will never solve the problem. The more you do "bad" for them, the more their heart hardened against your faith.

# Even if there is no mod at all, I believe there is a way every concerned member of this section can regulate things and the best method I know is to respond "...with wisdom and good manners, and converse/argue with the best exhortations. Indeed your Lord knows who is astray from His path and He knows who is rightly guided" {Q.16:125}

Wa salam alaykum

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by AlBaqir(m): 5:53pm On Aug 18, 2016
Contact17:

Nope not at all. We just think that the section will be much better managed with a new mod added to the current ones. Especially with regards to keep trolls at bay.

Somebody nominated you, and you seemed to have accepted it, right? Even if you can be slotted in, can you ever be just in your dealings? Read Surah al-Maidah: 8. That's what stands the present two mods out!
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Nobody: 5:55pm On Aug 18, 2016
AlBaqir you have made good points but I don't think there is anything wrong with getting a new person to monitor as well.. Nobody is asking for anyone else to stop being a mod, we just think maybe a new person should be added.
It was only a suggestion to improve the section.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Nobody: 5:57pm On Aug 18, 2016
AlBaqir:

Somebody nominated you, and you seemed to have accepted it, right? Even if you can be slotted in, can you ever be just in your dealings? Read Surah al-Maidah: 8. That's what stands the present two mods out!

I don't mind volunteering to help manage the section.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Nobody: 5:59pm On Aug 18, 2016
Empiree:

I think she has replied you... .
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Nobody: 6:10pm On Aug 18, 2016
Albaqir, nobody is saying the other two mods are relinquishing their post, but i feel an extra mod will be of good benefits, as at last week Friday, none of the two mods were active to help push Islamic topics to frontpage, i had to quote sister dominiq.ue to help us with that after quoting the two mods we have here, at times I've been banned from this section by anti spam bot with nobody available to help lift the ban, so these are the things we are talking about, not just deleting threads upon thread like you tried to make it seem, and as for the report button, we would still need an active mod to respond to the report right? Of course! So an additional mod is not a bad idea at all....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Seun(m): 6:30pm On Aug 18, 2016
Hello.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Nobody: 7:34pm On Aug 18, 2016
Seun:
Hello.

Cc: Contact17
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Nobody: 7:38pm On Aug 18, 2016
Seun:
Hello.

Sent you an email. Can you confirm that you received it?
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 8:10pm On Aug 18, 2016
Contact17:
AlBaqir you have made good points but I don't think there is anything wrong with getting a new person to monitor as well.. Nobody is asking for anyone else to stop being a mod, we just think maybe a new person should be added.
It was only a suggestion to improve the section.
I thought it is MAXIMUM of two (2) MODS per section, no?
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 8:20pm On Aug 18, 2016
AlBaqir:

# Members here should avoid insulting people, using foul languages etc. Apart from the fact that people (especially non Muslims) might likely judge Islam by these vices, what kind of reactions do you expect if not same abuse or more.
Actually, it is not very common with Muslims. But I am not saying we have zero approach like that among us. Just look at mentioning of our prophet(SAW), they (christian in particular) curse him out. They have zero adhab save .000.000.000 of them

# Members here should try their best to avoid opening threads that condemn other religions at the General Religion section and even at Islam section. It is natural they will fight back real hard. Deleting their threads will never solve the problem. The more you do "bad" for them, the more their heart hardened against your faith.

Again, muslims actually maintain this standard. It is very limited among us but that dosnt mean we cant have interfaith dialogue. Look at truthman, ifean, parrisbookadddcit, plaville, annnunaki's profiles, it is all about Islam. It is crazy. They have zero sense

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 8:22pm On Aug 18, 2016
Seun:
Hello.
grin
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 8:23pm On Aug 18, 2016
lexiconkabir:
Albaqir, nobody is saying the other two mods are relinquishing their post, but i feel an extra mod will be of good benefits, as at last week Friday, none of the two mods were active to help push Islamic topics to frontpage, i had to quote sister dominiq.ue to help us with that after quoting the two mods we have here, at times I've been banned from this section by anti spam bot with nobody available to help lift the ban, so these are the things we are talking about, not just deleting threads upon thread like you tried to make it seem, and as for the report button, we would still need an active mod to respond to the report right? Of course! So an additional mod is not a bad idea at all....
They are busy with HONEYMOOD jere grin
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Demmzy15(m): 9:59pm On Aug 18, 2016
I think this is a very nice idea, I concur 100% to it. Oga Seun can we proceed?! angry grin tongue
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by lanrexlan(m): 10:35pm On Aug 18, 2016
Empiree:
They are busy with HONEYMOOD jere grin
grin grin grin grin
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 10:43pm On Aug 18, 2016
lanrexlan:
grin grin grin grin
Oga Lanre, your face scarce here faah cheesy
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by lanrexlan(m): 11:02pm On Aug 18, 2016
Empiree:
Oga Lanre, your face scarce here faah cheesy
Na book cause am o my brother, but I am back in sha Allah. I don smile enter. grin grin grin

When should we expecting Mr. Empiree? wink
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by lanrexlan(m): 11:10pm On Aug 18, 2016
Empiree:
I thought it is MAXIMUM of two (2) MODS per section, no?
NO, when the religion section was feeling hot, as in very hot, oga at the top appointed 3 mods and yet they cant quench the fire grin. Education sector also has 3 because of the traffic
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 12:26am On Aug 19, 2016
lanrexlan:
NO, when the religion section was feeling hot, as in very hot, oga at the top appointed 3 mods and yet they cant quench the fire grin. Education sector also has 3 because of the traffic
Haa, i see. So we need one more I guess. Bring it on, Seun cheesy
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 12:28am On Aug 19, 2016
[quote author=lanrexlan post=48605194]Na book cause am o my brother, but I am back in sha Allah. I don smile enter. grin grin grin
May Allah ease your affairs....Ameena

[quote]When should we expecting Mr. Em.piree? wink
"expecting" me for..........
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by lanrexlan(m): 1:03am On Aug 19, 2016
[quote author=Empiree post=48606495][/quote] Nikkah coolcheesy

Ameen thumma ameen

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Nobody: 2:58am On Aug 19, 2016
AlBaqir:

Yoruba people used to say, "ilé latíì k'èsó ròde". What this section needs is not the so-called "acting mod" after all the present ones aren't relinquishing their posts. And I doubt you've ever consulted them on what you might observed as their "shortcomings".

# Yes every sundry posts thread at will. This is not only from the non-Muslims. Muslims too fall short here. Here, best answer for fools is silence.

# Apart from unnecessary posts, people love derailing threads that seem not going their way. And that is immaturity. Many members of this section are at the fore front in this. You can easily click on a report button and follow the instructions.

# Even if there is no mod at all, I believe there is a way every concerned member of this section can regulate things and the best method I know is to respond "...with wisdom and good manners, and converse/argue with the best exhortations. Indeed your Lord knows who is astray from His path and He knows who is rightly guided" {Q.16:125}

Wa salam alaykum

You forgot this;

# Members should stop opening threads that castigates figures other people hold in high esteem, that way everyone stays happy.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (234) (Reply)

Cute and Romantic Photos Of Muslim Couples

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.