Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,808 members, 7,956,067 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:37 PM

Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station - Islam for Muslims (71) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station (267901 Views)

Janet Jackson Converts To Islam For $20 Million Wedding / ~* Deols is 2011 'Islam For Muslims' Section Poster Of The Year: Congrats~* / 'Islam For Muslims' Library (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (234) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 12:13pm On Sep 01, 2016
sino:

I read a little of the story last night too...I believe greed and very poor decisions as always been the major reasons behind man's resort to crime. Like the common saying, everyday is for the thief, one day is for the owner.

And how stern is your face now ehn?! grin
His father's approach was not cool

Now my face would probably contradict what you have in mind. i resemble muhammad Ali according to some people cheesy
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by sino(m): 12:21pm On Sep 01, 2016
Empiree:
His father's approach was not cool

Now my face would probably contradict what you have in mind. i resemble muhammad Ali according to some people cheesy

Ha! that is still a baby face o, you need to join the "beard gang" bro! wink grin grin

Yeah and that reminds me, Tbaba also has a baby face, and lanrexlan too (I think), all you baby-face looking brothers! grin grin grin
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by lanrexlan(m): 10:12pm On Sep 01, 2016
sino:

A very unfortunate and sad story. Shina Rambo was not just an armed robber, he was a terrorist. I remembered when he came to our area, I was at "ilekewu" participating in rehearsals for maulud or lailatu'l qadri, all of a sudden, we heard gunshots, we all had to lie down, we were on the top floor of the masjid, I wasn't sure of what I saw (I was quite young), it was in the night and everywhere was dark, but I thought I saw Shina Rambo (not that I knew how he looks like) on the roof of a two story building opposite the masjid with a gun and bullets crisscrossed around his body, well, they stole the car or cars, and disappeared. People dreaded the mention of that name, even children were scared of the name back then...
On top of the roof? This man na badoo during his time o undecided Many terrorists had put fear into the hearts of the people.Another notorious robber is "Oyenusi" . Maddest guy grin

Empiree:
^^^Chai, that was terrible. I doubt there was justice for the hausa man for the fact Rambo lives. While I believe in forgiveness at some point that some people could change, I really want to know how he got away with his terrible crimes. I don't know his details. He's now a pastor narrating his ruthless lifestyle.
Yes, I have watched Yoruba version. Awaiting pt2
Justice? The man died like that and was taken to his native home where he was buried.
Baba na you o grin grin grin You don watch yoruba films more than myself gan cheesy cheesy cheesy wink wink tongue

sino:

Ha! that is still a baby face o, you need to join the "beard gang" bro! wink grin grin
Yeah and that reminds me, Tbaba also has a baby face, and lanrexlan too (I think), all you baby-face looking brothers! grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin Babies will always have baby face na. I sabi how Empiree looks like, he was smilling in that pics of his like a man that just finshed devouring Amala and Abula grin. The brother is cute o cool

3 Likes

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 4:19am On Sep 02, 2016
^^^

Lol Amala and Abula grin grin grin. You make me hungry just now.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 11:15pm On Sep 05, 2016
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by lanrexlan(m): 10:01pm On Sep 06, 2016
grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 1:45am On Sep 07, 2016
^
This one na gisoro or obuko abi?
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by lanrexlan(m): 5:13am On Sep 07, 2016
Empiree:
^ This one na gisoro or obuko abi?
That's an agbo faah. Na Kuuru grin
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by sino(m): 11:12am On Sep 07, 2016
lanrexlan:

This your Kuuru looks funny o! Yet to be found in this our locality...It looks scary and yummy, the amount of meat can only be imagined... grin grin
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 2:31pm On Sep 07, 2016
lanrexlan:
but not like average kuru I used to know. This one is short but sincerely, him got some meat
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 9:20pm On Sep 07, 2016
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by lanrexlan(m): 9:45pm On Sep 07, 2016
sino:

This your Kuuru looks funny o! Yet to be found in this our locality...It looks scary and yummy, the amount of meat can only be imagined... grin grin
Lol grin The scarier the better grin. That's obe I tell ya

Empiree:
but not like average kuru I used to know. This one is short but sincerely, him got some meat
It's not Nigerian breed ke, but Empiree how about buying this kind ram for Ileya?;Na Eran abubutan grin grin
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 10:30pm On Sep 07, 2016
lanrexlan:
Lol grin The scarier the better grin. That's obe I tell ya

It's not Nigerian breed ke, but Empir.ee how about buying this kind ram for Ileya?;Na Eran abubutan grin grin
Lol...i was even going to ask you cost of those big rams this yr and cow?
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 6:34am On Sep 08, 2016
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by lanrexlan(m): 9:38pm On Sep 08, 2016
Empiree:
Lol...i was even going to ask you cost of those big rams this yr and cow?
I have no idea of that of a cow but a big ram that is not up to the size of that my kuuru grin grin goes for 80k and above. There is a very high increase in the price of rams this year, I don't know if dollar affects them too ni sad undecided
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 11:53pm On Sep 08, 2016
lanrexlan:
I have no idea of that of a cow but a big ram that is not up to the size of that my kuuru grin grin goes for 80k and above. There is a very high increase in the price of rams this year, I don't know if dollar affects them too ni sad undecided
I was shocked when I heard in 2008 that type of big ram my dad used to buy for 12k in the 90s cost 40k. Now same rams cost 180k. Smh

My dad loves big Agbo like these. He would buy 3 of them and a cow. But now with economy situation, I really shake my head how it is going.

Yes, everyone uses mad dollar as excuse

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 4:38am On Sep 10, 2016

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Hkana: 3:42pm On Sep 10, 2016
Lanrexlan, I finally checked out the movie. I couldn't finish it though, lol. Forgive me but I'm usually unable to watch movies where they try to use an Islamic setting cos most often than not, they end up misrepresenting the Deen.
See the way the alfa was counting tesbih... Lol.

Anyway the movie got me thinking if akudaya is different from abiku. I always thought, reincarnation was abiku.

There's an Indian movie like this one titled "Karan arjun" I loved it...... Lol. It's Indian and they didn't hide their kufr unlike this one where Muslims were being portrayed as not being smart enough to know when it's jinn at work.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Nobody: 4:34pm On Sep 10, 2016
Posted it else where but it think more people view this thread so I will post it here as well.

Bismillahir rahmanir raheem

I would like to remind my beloved brothers and sisters in Islam that tomorrow will be Yawm ‘Arafaah (the Day of ‘Arafaah) and there are many virtues associated with this day. It was the day Allah (subhanahu wa ta'ala) perfected our religion and completed his favor upon us. It is a day of forgiveness of sins, freedom from the Fire and pride in the people who are there.

It was narrated in Saheeh Muslim, from ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “There is no day on which Allaah frees more people from the Fire than the Day of ‘Arafaah. He comes close and expresses His pride to the angels, saying, ‘What do these people want?’

Fasting on this day expiates for the year before it and the year after it. So let us try not miss this opportunity of earning such a great reward from Allah (subhanahu wa ta'ala) reward. If you have been fasting for the past eight days, congratulation! May Allay accept your act of worship and reward you abundantly!
If due to whatever reason you were unable to fast due to whatever reason, congratulation! You can fast tomorrow and get rewarded in sha Allah!

For anyone eyeing the great reward for hajj and umrah tomorrow :

It was narrated that the prophet (peace and blessing be upon him) said: “Whoever prays Fajr in congregation then sits remembering Allaah until the sun rises, then prays two rak’ahs, will have a reward like that of Hajj and ‘Umrah, complete, complete, complete.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi (586).

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by lanrexlan(m): 6:36pm On Sep 11, 2016
Hkana:
Lanrexlan, I finally checked out the movie. I couldn't finish it though, lol. Forgive me but I'm usually unable to watch movies where they try to use an Islamic setting cos most often than not, they end up misrepresenting the Deen.
See the way the alfa was counting tesbih... Lol.
Lol, sorry bro that is common thing in Yoruba land though.

@Bold, you are absolutely right. The truth is that most times, yoruba movies try to portray an Islamic setting but their actions like telling the person having a problem to take a bead out of a long dhikr bead and then the alfa instantly sees the person's problems or the alfa moving hands on sand jeopardize the Islamic setting they try to show the world and thereby misrepresenting the deen

Hkana:
Anyway the movie got me thinking if akudaya is different from abiku. I always thought, reincarnation was abiku.
Abiku means a child that keeps dying and then comes back to the world again to the same parents. Most times, parents recognize abikus by giving them marks when they bury them the first time and when such kids come back to the world the next time, the mark that was inflicted on the abiku then will still be visible and clearly seen on the new born baby.

Akudaya on the other hand is a person that dies "untimely" and the same person is seen in another place in the same physique. The main difference between Abiku and Akudaya is that abiku is being given birth to after the first death while Akudayas are not.

Hkana:
There's an Indian movie like this one titled "Karan arjun" I loved it...... Lol. It's Indian and they didn't hide their kufr unlike this one where Muslims were being portrayed as not being smart enough to know when it's jinn at work.
Most Indian movies don't hide their beliefs, they display theirs freely.

So do you believe Jinns could take the shape of a person and keep living with the person's family?? If you read my summary, I made mentioned of "Akudaya olooro" which means the rich Akudaya. A person dies and is seen in another place wealthier and richer than before. These Akudays disappear and vanish into thin air on sighting a known person as stories claim. Here, we can say that Jinns are at work.

But the akudaya portrayed in the movie is the type that lives his family and died twice and buried in two graves. I found it hard to believe Jinns are responsible if these creatures do exist.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 8:02pm On Sep 11, 2016
[size=20pt]Welcome Eid[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 8:04pm On Sep 11, 2016
[size=30pt]Eid Greetings![/size]

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 8:07pm On Sep 11, 2016
[size=30pt]Eld Mubaraq!!![/size]

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 8:10pm On Sep 11, 2016
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Hkana: 9:23pm On Sep 11, 2016
I thought I'd be the first to wish us Eid Mubarak but Empire.e beat me cheesy
Eid Mubarak everyone

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 9:29pm On Sep 11, 2016
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Hkana: 9:31pm On Sep 11, 2016
Lanre, I believe jinn can take a person's shape like the one that appeared to that man in the beginning of the movie (girl that died in accident) but the aspect of living with the people I don't know. I think such cases would be due to the people's ignorance.

As for sighting a "dead" person who disappears afterwards, I've heard such. It's still jinn at work messing with people's minds.

Who done die don die forget akudaya.... Lol.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by lanrexlan(m): 11:02pm On Sep 11, 2016
Empiree:
I was shocked when I heard in 2008 that type of big ran my dad used to buy for 12k in the 90s cost 40k. Now same rams cost 180k. Smh

My dad loves big Agbo like these. He would buy 3 of them and a cow. But now with economy situation, I really shake my head how it is going.

Yes, everyone uses mad dollar as excuse
Empiree still dey talk of old times. REverything don gbowo lori

The smallest gisonso is now 15k here undecided

Even orange seller dey use dollar as an excuse
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by lanrexlan(m): 11:07pm On Sep 11, 2016
Hkana:
Lanre, I believe jinn can take a person's shape like the one that appeared to that man in the beginning of the movie (girl that died in accident) but the aspect of living with the people I don't know. I think such cases would be due to the people's ignorance.
The girl's case is a case of a dead showing himself/herself to a living person and it is not akudaya.

Can you please go further on the bold??

Hkana:
As for sighting a "dead" person who disappears afterwards, I've heard such. It's still jinn at work messing with people's minds.

Who done die don die forget akudaya.... Lol.
The bold I believe, but the thing still bothering my mind is the one in the movie. Lol dont mind me though
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Hkana: 11:25pm On Sep 11, 2016
What I mean by "people's ignorance" is that the people are unaware it's not their "untimely dead" relative that came back to "complete" his/her life. Personally, I believe it's jinn at work still.

Scientifically, I heard the "doppelganger" concept is a myth even. So that cancels such possibility.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 11:53pm On Sep 11, 2016
lanrexlan:
Emp.iree still dey talk of old times. REverything don gbowo lori

The smallest gisonso is now 15k here undecided

Even orange seller dey use dollar as an excuse
Oga ooo. No blame me faar... Haven't stepped my foot for naija in 14yrs nau. But honestly, I am surprised at this man. My brother just bought average cow for pap for 220k. Really bugged me. Used to buy that for 40k. Mr. Bukhari needs to enforce price control at least cus know he's not capable of bringing down dollar rate. That's not his fault or former prez either.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 3:16pm On Sep 13, 2016
Keep EId Going with best speeches

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (234) (Reply)

Cute and Romantic Photos Of Muslim Couples

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.