Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,176 members, 7,821,984 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

UAC Management Trainee 2014 Applicants Lets Meet Here - Jobs/Vacancies (83) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / UAC Management Trainee 2014 Applicants Lets Meet Here (392280 Views)

Nigeria Brewies 2014 Applicants Lets Meet Here / Nimc Customer Care Officer Position Applicants Lets Keep In Touch Here / FIRS 2012 APPLICANTS...Lets Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (134) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UAC Management Trainee 2014 Applicants Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 11:39am On Aug 21, 2014
hapiness44: Peeps! I feel the mails are coming in batches,according to the day you wrote your online assessment..so keep being positive for those that have not seen theirs..
I dont think so. I think its random or maybe according to score i dont know though. But i wrote my test in the 2nd week among the last ppl and got my sucess mail first day, in fact one of the 1st five as i saw on ths thread. I wish everyone the best. God knows best.
Re: UAC Management Trainee 2014 Applicants Lets Meet Here by engrfaruq(m): 12:43pm On Aug 21, 2014
Doea Uac has presence in the Northern part of the country?? I need this info ASAP
And anyone with the current salary info should update us pls.
Re: UAC Management Trainee 2014 Applicants Lets Meet Here by jydo: 1:28pm On Aug 21, 2014
This is to all UAC aspirants, just to share some important info with you. I was in your shoes some 8 years back. I wrote the UAC commercial trainee test in 2006 May 2006 and eventually resumed there in sept of same year (I shared the testimony then on this same forum). Anyway am sharing this to help you guys on how to prepare for their interview which i believe is still the same format. Before i proceed further i will like to correct an impression that a dude gave earlier on the thread that he has already gotten the job through internal connection. I beg to differ with the guy. That assertion of his seems like a lie. UAC is one of the companies that still recruit strictly on merit.

The interview is usually at 2 levels, the first being an interview with a panel of 4-6 senior officers of their different subsidiaries and in the interview expect anything. Anything meaning it could be as serious as to ask u about what u know about a current govt policy or as trivial as EPL premiership scores of the previous week. Current affairs and general knowledge. interview for each person could last for btw 30-45mins. I could remember i was asked to talk about 3 policies of OBJ's govt that were recently implemented.( I talked about the banking reform, Insurance sector reform and the maritime reform then). I also remembered being asked some tricky questions like who is the "president of the UK" an dthis had to be exlained that they do not have one. Summary of what to prepare for in the 1st stage is that you should be aware of current happenings in the country and beyond, know about the company very well and also be very confident.

As at then only about 160 of us were selected for the 1st level interview and about 50 or thereabout were called for the 2nd stage. we were divided into 4 comprising of 12 in each group. The 2nd stage interview usually takes the whole day. 4 stages in all. The first stage then had 4 mgt staff 2 MD's of Subsidiaries and 2 directors in my own group. They all introduced themselves and discussed their profile (name, qualification, job experience, lenght of time in UAC amongst other things. we were then asked to follow suit, all the other interviewees will be hearing u, so u take note to speak out loud and clear. This stage took close to an hour after which we were served breakfast. After the breakfast the sitting arrangement with our name tags was altered and we were given a passage to read and discuss answers to the 2 questions after the passage. The Ogas were taking notes while the discussion was going on among us. (i think the essence was to see your ability to work in a team). This took a little over 30mins and for the 3rd stage u will be asked to pick any wrapped paper (devils basket) in a container and whatever topic you see in it should be discussed. Like u making a presentation of whatever you find in it. I remembered my topic was Social security and i was done in 5 minutes before i started babbling due to my little knowledge of the topic. some were fortunate to have simpler topics like "nollywood". after this stage was lunch.

The 4th and final stage was one on one interview with the directors again and it was just like the 1st level interview where the questions could come from any angle. AT this stage there is a possibility of getting questions related to your course. pretty straight and u may stay inside for up to 20 minutes. Just be confident and be cool.

Lastly to tell you how i asserted that the dude that claimed to have started there already may not be saying the truth is that, after the final interview, 13 people resumed 1st week of august 2006 and i wasnt among them. I was then called to come for medicals on 31st August and i eventually resumed mid september. It was on my resumption that i found out that one of the 13 resigned 3 weeks after they started and i was called to fill up the space. I had friends that had insider in UAC but they were not called when i was called. I was called to make up the 13 and after i resumed 4 months later i wasnt replaced.

i hope my piece will help one or 2 peeps on this forum. I wish u all the best, i will be available for more comments later in the days.
cheers
(

29 Likes

Re: UAC Management Trainee 2014 Applicants Lets Meet Here by dljbd1(m): 1:44pm On Aug 21, 2014
jydo: This is to all UAC aspirants, just to share some important info with you. I was in your shoes some 8 years back. I wrote the UAC commercial trainee test in 2006 May 2006 and eventually resumed there in sept of same year (I shared the testimony then on this same forum). Anyway am sharing this to help you guys on how to prepare for their interview which i believe is still the same format. Before i proceed further i will like to correct an impression that a dude gave earlier on the thread that he has already gotten the job through internal connection. I beg to differ with the guy. That assertion of his seems like a lie. UAC is one of the companies that still recruit strictly on merit.

The interview is usually at 2 levels, the first being an interview with a panel of 4-6 senior officers of their different subsidiaries and in the interview expect anything. Anything meaning it could be as serious as to ask u about what u know about a current govt policy or as trivial as EPL premiership scores of the previous week. Current affairs and general knowledge. interview for each person could last for btw 30-45mins. I could remember i was asked to talk about 3 policies of OBJ's govt that were recently implemented.( I talked about the banking reform, Insurance sector reform and the maritime reform then). I also remembered being asked some tricky questions like who is the "president of the UK" an dthis had to be exlained that they do not have one. Summary of what to prepare for in the 1st stage is that you should be aware of current happenings in the country and beyond, know about the company very well and also be very confident.

As at then only about 160 of us were selected for the 1st level interview and about 50 or thereabout were called for the 2nd stage. we were divided into 4 comprising of 12 in each group. The 2nd stage interview usually takes the whole day. 4 stages in all. The first stage then had 4 mgt staff 2 MD's of Subsidiaries and 2 directors in my own group. They all introduced themselves and discussed their profile (name, qualification, job experience, lenght of time in UAC amongst other things. we were then asked to follow suit, all the other interviewees will be hearing u, so u take note to speak out loud and clear. This stage took close to an hour after which we were served breakfast. After the breakfast the sitting arrangement with our name tags was altered and we were given a passage to read and discuss answers to the 2 questions after the passage. The Ogas were taking notes while the discussion was going on among us. (i think the essence was to see your ability to work in a team). This took a little over 30mins and for the 3rd stage u will be asked to pick any wrapped paper (devils basket) in a container and whatever topic you see in it should be discussed. Like u making a presentation of whatever you find in it. I remembered my topic was Social security and i was done in 5 minutes before i started babbling due to my little knowledge of the topic. some were fortunate to have simpler topics like "nollywood". after this stage was lunch.

The 4th and final stage was one on one interview with the directors again and it was just like the 1st level interview where the questions could come from any angle. AT this stage there is a possibility of getting questions related to your course. pretty straight and u may stay inside for up to 20 minutes. Just be confident and be cool.

Lastly to tell you how i asserted that the dude that claimed to have started there already may not be saying the truth is that, after the final interview, 13 people resumed 1st week of august 2006 and i wasnt among them. I was then called to come for medicals on 31st August and i eventually resumed mid september. It was on my resumption that i found out that one of the 13 resigned 3 weeks after they started and i was called to fill up the space. I had friends that had insider in UAC but they were not called when i was called. I was called to make up the 13 and after i resumed 4 months later i wasnt replaced.

i hope my piece will help one or 2 peeps on this forum. I wish u all the best, i will be available for more comments later in the days.
cheers
(
You are blessed beyond measure smiley

2 Likes

Re: UAC Management Trainee 2014 Applicants Lets Meet Here by batiatus(m): 1:48pm On Aug 21, 2014
Jydo, thanks man, I have been refreshing this thread since morning for first hand experience on the assessment stage. You did well unlike those guys who wasted my mb arguing about dragnet.

1 Like

Re: UAC Management Trainee 2014 Applicants Lets Meet Here by henricson(m): 1:50pm On Aug 21, 2014
jydo: This is to all UAC aspirants, just to share some important info with you. I was in your shoes some 8 years back. I wrote the UAC commercial trainee test in 2006 May 2006 and eventually resumed there in sept of same year (I shared the testimony then on this same forum). Anyway am sharing this to help you guys on how to prepare for their interview which i believe is still the same format. Before i proceed further i will like to correct an impression that a dude gave earlier on the thread that he has already gotten the job through internal connection. I beg to differ with the guy. That assertion of his seems like a lie. UAC is one of the companies that still recruit strictly on merit.

cheers
(

OMG... This is so informative and detailed!
I need to upgrade my knowledge of events around the world!
Thank you so much bro... This is similar to what people have said, yours is just detailed!!

2 Likes

Re: UAC Management Trainee 2014 Applicants Lets Meet Here by IyaHolyMary(f): 1:54pm On Aug 21, 2014

cheers
(

JESU!!!!!!
enough of Pinging and Facebooking for my Man grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: UAC Management Trainee 2014 Applicants Lets Meet Here by IyaHolyMary(f): 1:55pm On Aug 21, 2014

cheers
(

CHIZZZZZZOOOOOOZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

enough of Pinging and Facebooking for my Man grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: UAC Management Trainee 2014 Applicants Lets Meet Here by batiatus(m): 1:58pm On Aug 21, 2014
Please no more quoting jydo, abeg na, I don tire to scroll down.

7 Likes

Re: UAC Management Trainee 2014 Applicants Lets Meet Here by dljbd1(m): 2:01pm On Aug 21, 2014
batiatus: Please no more quoting jydo, abeg na, I don tire to scroll down.
Hahahahaha
No vex bro
We are just excited grin

1 Like

Re: UAC Management Trainee 2014 Applicants Lets Meet Here by CharlyG1: 2:54pm On Aug 21, 2014
@jydo... Nice one bro! Do U think d interview process will be d same for Graduate Specialist? And do U know their current pay package for both Mgt Trainee & Graduate Specialist? I need to clear some doubts
Re: UAC Management Trainee 2014 Applicants Lets Meet Here by Lero15(m): 2:55pm On Aug 21, 2014
Where is my dear Maya2pretty cry
Re: UAC Management Trainee 2014 Applicants Lets Meet Here by engrfaruq(m): 3:52pm On Aug 21, 2014
The pay is 33k for management trainee and 45k for graduate specialist scheme.
Re: UAC Management Trainee 2014 Applicants Lets Meet Here by faith2ogesco(m): 4:05pm On Aug 21, 2014
engrfaruq: The pay is 33k for management trainee and 45k for graduate specialist scheme.
so wit incentives Wats d minimum take home pay.
Re: UAC Management Trainee 2014 Applicants Lets Meet Here by okzcorp: 4:11pm On Aug 21, 2014
faith2ogesco: over super Gud Samaritans.lemme guess.he wrote his first and corrected his errors in Deirs.smh

Nah his was the fourth. Over good Samaritan it is.

Simplex I was actually refering to your comment about Dfavoured conclusion. He has every ryt to believe that the system is a Fraud. Your criticism was Harsh.

I have heard so much about them that Pricks the Ear.
Re: UAC Management Trainee 2014 Applicants Lets Meet Here by faith2ogesco(m): 4:32pm On Aug 21, 2014
okzcorp:

Simplex I was actually refering to your comment about Dfavoured conclusion. He has every ryt to believe that the system is a Fraud. Your criticism was Harsh.

truthfully where I think dey may do DAT is normally in scholarships or if dey re conducting interviews. dunno bout job tests.dey seem kinda credible to me.
Re: UAC Management Trainee 2014 Applicants Lets Meet Here by treashure: 4:33pm On Aug 21, 2014
@jydo thnx for d info
one can only hope n pray its still d same process till now,cos its been a longtym since u had urs to now.
thnx sha
Re: UAC Management Trainee 2014 Applicants Lets Meet Here by iphyisis(f): 8:15pm On Aug 21, 2014
@jydo You were helpful there. Thank you Sir.

Few questions though. Are you still in UAC?? What's it like working there? Also, is the pay commensurate with the structure of the coy cum workload?

Thanks Bros.
Re: UAC Management Trainee 2014 Applicants Lets Meet Here by kslay28: 9:24pm On Aug 21, 2014
sup faith2oge email me on t_macx5@yahoo.com.

i want us to discuss some personal issues
Re: UAC Management Trainee 2014 Applicants Lets Meet Here by kslay28: 9:25pm On Aug 21, 2014
hi

send me a mail on t_macx5@yahoo.com .. let us chat
Re: UAC Management Trainee 2014 Applicants Lets Meet Here by simplex2: 9:52pm On Aug 21, 2014
okzcorp:

If you believe he has the right to call dragnet a fraud, then I too have my rights to criticize him how I deem fit and call him an illiterate!
I still strongly believe he's a lazy c.lo.wn!
Re: UAC Management Trainee 2014 Applicants Lets Meet Here by faith2ogesco(m): 11:08pm On Aug 21, 2014
kslay28: hi

send me a mail on t_macx5@yahoo.com .. let us chat
k o dis personal issue.hope am safe
Re: UAC Management Trainee 2014 Applicants Lets Meet Here by Princewalexy99: 12:44am On Aug 22, 2014
Let us focus on future positivities. It gonna be well. The future is ours!

1 Like

Re: UAC Management Trainee 2014 Applicants Lets Meet Here by mrking3(m): 7:02am On Aug 22, 2014
engrfaruq: The pay is 33k for management trainee and 45k for graduate specialist scheme.
who gave you that info?
Re: UAC Management Trainee 2014 Applicants Lets Meet Here by PastorAji(m): 8:37am On Aug 22, 2014
Tanchu Tanchu .........e ti fi mi sile @ last
Dancing SKELEWU AND PERSONALLY cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: UAC Management Trainee 2014 Applicants Lets Meet Here by Dfavouredone: 9:18am On Aug 22, 2014
simplex2:

If you believe he has the right to call dragnet a fraud, then I too have my rights to criticize him how I deem fit and call him an illiterate!

How unreasonable can you get.

Totally ignoring the attack strategy you are using to avoid the subject matter - is dragnet corrupt or not - would have been good but again i will answer you because i take strong exception to be insulted that way.

If you are a reasonable employee of dragnet this would have been a classic opportunity to make your strong points probably why dragnet is not a fraud and measures you people put in place to avoid undue advantage.

You allow that opportunity to slip away but rather expose to the public the quality of workforce that dragnet has - one that cannot engage in a simple argument without insult (this might just be a hasty generalization as you might just be the mistake in the organisation but that is the impression you give) - and such is the feature of someone who has something to hide thus giving more doubts about dragnet.

Pls UACN candidates (myself inclusive) sorry for this temporary derailing of this thread.

2 Likes

Re: UAC Management Trainee 2014 Applicants Lets Meet Here by rossyc(f): 10:25am On Aug 22, 2014
This is becoming very scary, so after this rigorous process just about 20 people will be recruited. SMH
Re: UAC Management Trainee 2014 Applicants Lets Meet Here by CharlyG1: 11:06am On Aug 22, 2014
rossyc: This is becoming very scary, so after this rigorous process just about 20 people will be recruited. SMH

No oh! Its not only 20 people.. Its just 1 person oh {Mgt Trainee & Graduate Specialist combined}... Mmmtcheeeeeew

6 Likes

Re: UAC Management Trainee 2014 Applicants Lets Meet Here by dljbd1(m): 2:51pm On Aug 22, 2014
CharlyG1:

No oh! Its not only 20 people.. Its just 1 person oh {Mgt Trainee & Graduate Specialist combined}... Mmmtcheeeeeew
grin

2 Likes

Re: UAC Management Trainee 2014 Applicants Lets Meet Here by okzcorp: 3:18pm On Aug 22, 2014
simplex2:

Well you have your opinion as well. Its all good.
Wish you all the best in ya interviews and subsequent employments.
Re: UAC Management Trainee 2014 Applicants Lets Meet Here by rossyc(f): 5:32pm On Aug 22, 2014
CharlyG1:

. U need medical check up asap...by d way who asked u to quote me, and who was referring to both schemes..better mind ur bizness if u av got nothing else to do rubbish..
Re: UAC Management Trainee 2014 Applicants Lets Meet Here by CharlyG1: 6:31pm On Aug 22, 2014
rossyc: . U need medical check up asap...by d way who asked u to quote me, and who was referring to both schemes..better mind ur bizness if u av got nothing else to do rubbish..

I'm guessing you're 12yrs old

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (134) (Reply)

Nigerian Breweries Sales Executive Recruitment 2015 / NSITF Interview In August / PWC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.